Let's Learn To Write Creepypa...

By MaskyisOMG

More

Intro
ClichΓ©s can Be Done Right
LGBT Characters
Never Forget Your Roots
Not Normal
Don't Reference Bands
Rude Fans and Rude Authors
Oh My God, Make It Stop
When Is Music Appropriate?
Grammar: How Not to Sound Like a Complete Twit
Comedy Part One: Words Are Not Funny, Get it Through Your Skulls
Oops
Guys, We Are Killing Creepypasta/ The Loose Use of Psychopathy
You Guys Deserve Answers
Honest Opinions: Being "Random" Is Not Funny

There's More Creepypastas than BEN and Jeff

1.5K 75 93
By MaskyisOMG

Nine times out of ten, your first creepypasta fan fiction will be Jeff or BEN.

My first was ADKOL, and it had just about all the creepypasta I knew of at the time. So, when I first joined and saw that there were like two hundred fucking Jeff the Killer stories (including Never Going to Sleep, fucking loved that book), I was a little taken back.

Jeff and BEN stories are the two most popular, clearly. But there's more than them. There's Both of the Jacks, Slender Man, Candy Pop, Candy Cane, Ticci Toby, Dr. Smiley (I'm so glad his character is starting to take off), Jane the Killer, Hobo Heart, Lost Silver, Strangled Red, Dark Link, Homicidal Liu (honestly, he's not my favorite), Clockwork, Masky, Hoody, Sonic. Exe, Aka Manto (one of the most underrated creepypastas of all time), and many more.

So, why don't we use either of them? Because we stick to what we know will get us reads. Jeff and BEN. If we experiment, we're afraid no one will read them and that they're in vain. And that's just not true.

I write like seven stories at one time because my mind goes a mile a minute and I love to get these ideas out to you guys. This is a double edged sword, making it very difficult to update all stories frequently because I enjoy one more than the others. This is one of the reasons I struggle to update Rough Girl and a Proxy, that story is fucking bleak and depressing to write.

Back on topic. The reason Jeff and BEN stories get so many reads is because they're the most well known. The only way we can get more characters well known is by writing with them. However, we don't want to write with them because they're not as well known as Jeff and BEN. It's a viscous cycle.

Is there any solution to this? Is the creepypasta fan fiction community doomed with these two to be the maim characters for our stories?

I can't answer that for you. Sorry. Sure, popular writers could use them more. But what's the point when a lot of fans just want BEN and Jeff because they don't know any?

That, readers, is why the community depends on you to keep it breathing with fresh blood. Use a different character. Design your own story.

This part of the community's story lies in your hands. You get to write the end for us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 1K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
1.5M 3.6K 14
Kwentong iyong magugustuhan
234K 7.5K 167
What if a PokΓ©mon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
292K 17.8K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong