You Can't Save Me

By OfficialDeadHead

.・゜゜・。・:*˚:✧。 billy hargrove, eddie munson and steve harrington In which a boy who's on the run from the gov... More

0 | You Can't Save Me
1 | Out with a bang
2 | CJ is an asshole
3 | Hawkins High
4 | Rosaline
6 | Hit me baby one more time
7 | Ten dollars and doughnuts
8 | Lesbo Leslie
9 | Sad-boys Hour
10 | Bonnie and Clyde
11 | Promise
12 | Apologies
13 | Idiot
14 | Comfort
★ | Breakfast with the boys
15 | RBF
16 | Shut up Tommy
17 | A little bit of Angel Dust
18 | Bitchboy
19 | Numbered
20 | Men in Black

5 | CJ is still an arsehole

1.4K 40 2
By OfficialDeadHead

CHAPTER FIVE
CJ is still an arsehole

A FEW DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE CJ STARTED AT HAWKINS, Billy and himself had become fast friends, their reliance on each other for classes aided that greatly though. The pair had begun spending the entire school day together, Billy bringing the punk boy into the popular circles. The popular kids were sceptical of him at first, being friends with Eddie Munson would do that, but the blonde didn't care, he was only there for Billy.

The way the pair acted inseparable went unnoticed by most, but one. He saw the way the two glanced at each other when no one was looking, or the way CJ would always be touching the other boy in some deceptively friendly way. It was especially noticeable since anyone else who tried to touch the sandy haired boy would have their face beat in, being declared some kind of slur. It was interesting to see their relationship develop, or at least that's what the Munson boy thought, trying desperately to pass this feeling in his chest as confusion over the pair, and not the crush he knew it to be. Munson sighed, twirling a lock of his hair tightly in his fingers as he turned his attention back to his own group of friends.

"You okay, man?" Gareth asked, having noticed how the boy would stare at the basketball team's table over the past couple of lunches. Eddie met his long-time friend's eyes, plastering a smile on his face as he nodded.

"'Course." He laughed, and though no one knew what was funny, they joined in regardless. He looked back over to the other table, seeing the white-haired boy, how he was laughing so vibrantly. He punched Billy lightly in the shoulder, and to most everyone's surprise, the school bully only laughed and shoved him back. The pair end up shoving each other off the table.

"So... you like him?" The voice of Gareth only vaguely entered the dark-haired teen's mind, his dopey smile, longing expression, he absently nodded to what the other said. Gareth smiled looking towards the table and back to his friend, he had always just kind of known about Eddie, it was never something they needed to discuss, it was never an issue. "So, Billy, huh? I guess I can see it."

"Wha- what?" Eddie jolted up, having only just processed the other's words. He scrunched his nose as he looked back to the brutish boy, then back to Gareth. "No! What makes you think I like him? And what d'ya mean you see it?" The dungeon master was a little outraged by the insinuation, scoffing as if it was below him.

Gareth only laughs, shaking his curly head of hair. "He's the only one I've seen you hang around."

"Yeah! For weed!" Eddie pushed his hands in front of himself, gesturing back and forth, imitating what would be a deal.

"Well, you two have similar music tastes, and habits as well... just seems like you would get along."

"He's an arsehole!" Eddie crossed his arms over his chest, sitting back in his seat with a huff.

"So, what, you like CJ?" The freckled boy scoffed in distaste, looking over to the table and practically glaring in disgust at the taller boy.

"What's wrong with CJ?" Munson was offended on the snowy haired teen's behalf, feeling a little protective over his friend.

"He's an arsehole!" Gareth mimicked the boy's tone from before, rolling his eyes at the expression he was met with. "That guy is bad news, and a massive bully, probably worse than Hargrove!"

By now the other two boys had started to listen into the conversation.

"No, he's not!"

"Ugh, yeah, he is... the other week he beat the crap outta me just 'cause he said I let the mile time down on that run in gym!" Grant chimed in, looking between the two males already arguing the topic. Gareth only gestured to Grant, showing how the boy had made his point. Jeff nodded along.

Eddie couldn't respond, his mouth hung open a little. He looked back to the smiling teen, his doe eyes catching those baby blue and the boy sent a subtle wave his way. "He's always been so nice... we live right next to each other, he drives me to school most days, we even hang out at his house every week." Eddie looked back to the boys, trying to get them to understand that CJ was different with him.

"And let me guess, whenever you do hang out, you're forking over your stash for free, right?" Jeff laughed, knowing how Eddie could be a little too giving, and a little too easily manipulated when it came to these things.

The Munson shrunk back into his seat, thinking back to all the times he had hung out with his blonde crush. They had always been high on something, and Eddie never asked for a dime from the other. He sighed, realising that Jeff was right.

"Face it Eddie, he ain't a good guy, he's just using you." Grant smiled sympathetically to the boy. The other two went back to their conversation from before, not being aware of the deeper level that had laid within their talk about school bullies.

"I'm sorry, man. You can find better... friends... than him." Gareth gave a tight-lipped smile, before going back to playing with his food. Eddie let out a shaky breath, trying desperately not to let his emotions get the best of him in the middle of the school cafeteria.

The school day was an hour from being over, and CJ had a free period. Billy had one two, but unfortunately, he faced a detention on the other end of the school, leaving the snowy haired teen to his own devices. That was until he found a familiar face sitting alone in the library.

"Well, hello there, shining knight." He rather recklessly plopped onto the seat beside the girl, half startling her. Nancy Wheeler looked up from her textbook, smiling at the white-haired teen. She laughed a little at the nickname, shaking her head.

"If I'm your shining knight does that make you my white stallion?" She giggled, pointing her pen in the direction of his hair, hoping to aid her joke landing. The boy brought a hand to his hair, running his fingers through it with a hum.

Steve Harrington had reappeared from collecting some books from the stacks, having hoped to get some essay pointers from past records. What he saw made him freeze in his place though. The same biker boy who had rubbed him up the wrong way when they had first met was sitting with his girl. In his seat. A little too close for his liking.

"Well, that depends." The Rhodes boy hummed, intriguing Steve to listen closer to the conversation. He saw how Nancy tilted her head, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"On what?" The girl was now facing the blonde completely, her book flat against the table. Steve took a couple steps closer, aiming to retake his place at the table.

"On whether or not you'll ride me."

Nancy's shocked gasp was drowned out by the sound of skin-to-skin contact. Steve had rushed forward, his fist colliding with the blonde's cheek, sending him tumbling out of the chair. Gasps from surrounding students filled the normally silent atmosphere, everyone stopping what they were doing to witness the potential match between the King of high-school and one of the more feared names around school.

CJ stood up with a laugh, glaring at Steve. He wiped the blood from his nose with his sleeve, his laugh anything but humorous as he looked about ready to kill the boy. Nancy quickly stood up, getting in between the two. She didn't do much, but it was enough to get CJ to stand down, the blonde letting out another laugh, humoured by the looks he was receiving from the librarian and surrounding students.

"It was just a joke, girly, no need to get your panties in a twist." He smirked, eyes remaining on Steve's the entire time, wanting both of them to know that the comment was directed to Harrington. Nancy pushed on Steve's chest as she felt him attempt to advance, not wanting the boys to have an all-out fight in the library... especially since it would harm Steve's chances at graduating.

CJ huffed, almost disappointed at not getting a reaction from the boy, and Nancy glared at him, not liking how he was trying to provoke her boyfriend. Looking unamused, he stuck his hands into his pockets, making for the door. "She's not my type anyways."

The boy disappeared out the door and both brunettes physically relaxed. Steve's fists were shaking at his sides and the surge of warmth was once again radiating through his chest. He was angry. Yeah, that's what it was. Nancy brought him back to the table, talking about some random stuff about exams and such. Though he didn't listen, he just stared after where the blonde had left. He shuddered off the feeling, turning back to Nancy with a smile, despite the uneasiness coursing through him.

skulby- writing sad Eddie should be illegal, he doesn't deserve to be sad. I'm sorry bb!

Also Steve's babygirlification has started 🎉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

764K 42.2K 127
don't read this if you don't wanna hate richie started / 20.1.18 finished / 2.7.2020
42.9K 1K 20
Steve is in need of a job, his parent's haven't been sending him money they probably forgot about him he thinks, so he starts working as a lifeguard...
Take on Me By Ash

Fanfiction

4.9K 172 16
Steve Harrington and Eddie Munson, even though defeating Vecna and saving the world together, have not become the best of friends. Steve hates to...
278K 6K 16
the cliche bad boy and popular boy... with a plot twist(?) [stranger things, steve harrington x billy hargrove] lowercase intended