FRAGILE SOUL

By lostprincesspc

IT'S EASY TO LOVE THE WEALTHY... IT'S EVEN EASY TO STAND BY THE SIDE OF SOMETHING STRONG & RIGID... WILL YOU... More

Cast & Character Aesthetics
1] Beginning of the Journey
2] Catching up
3] Princess & Friends
4] Prepared to become CEO
5] Another week...end
6] Beach Day
7] Invitation & Shopping
8] The party
Extra
10] Birthday
11] The Trip
Instagram (The Trip)

9] New friendships

30 3 0
By lostprincesspc

One month later...

Palak Mehra

Once again it's Sunday, the day when I can finally relax.

I woke up late today, after getting up I changed into my comfy shorts and t- shirt and had a cup of coffee and went to prepare lunch. I skipped the breakfast as it is already late so I will just have my lunch.

I don't have any specific plans for today because Shri is busy with his work and Vineet is out of city some work but Vihaan is not that busy so they have insisted me to spend time with him.

So, after lunch I will get ready to leave for Vihaan's company. He has some work left after his work is done we can relax and enjoy the rest of the day.

I told Shri and Vineet that he must be busy but who listen to me. Its like they have appointed Vihaan to babysit me as they are away. I mean seriously I could have spend some alone time, I could visit library to read some books or could binge watch a series. Its not like I have never spent my Sunday alone.

Whatever, now I am thinking; how should we spend our day. A sudden thought crossed my mind and I think it is a good thing today. I just need Vihaan's agreement.

I got ready and took a cab and left for Vihaan's company.

Palak's outfit 👆☁

****

When I finally reached the company I directly went to reception. This is the first time I am visiting his company. I should have informed Vihaan about my visit and time of arrival beforehand but never mind Shri or Vineet must have informed him.

I went went to reception and asked the receptionist-

"Excuse me, Is Mr. Vihaan Singh Sisodiya available?"

"Yes he is. How can I help you?"

"Um...I am here to meet him".

"Do you have an appointment?"

"No?", I said more like a question.

"Then I can't help, ma'am".

"But, I am his friend".

"Sorry ma'am, but I have not been informed about your visit today".

"But-"

Not wasting time in argument with her I thought of calling Vihaan.

After few rings he picked up the phone.

On call...

Vihaan - "Hello"

Palak - "Hi, Actually Vihaan, I didn't inform you that I am coming and I have already arrived, I thought Shri or Vineet must have informed you".

Vihaan - "Oh, Vineet already informed me so no worries. So if you have arrived then come to my cabin I am here".

Palak - "Oh, that's the reason I called, receptionist lady isn't letting me in as I don't have an appointment".

Vihaan - "Oh! I am sorry, I really forgot to inform about your arrival".
"Okay, let me talk to her".

I handed receptionist the phone.

"Your boss", I said clear her doubt as she gave me questioning look.

After few minutes she returned me my phone.

Vihaan - "I have told her to let you in and I am sending my P. A., she will lead you to my cabin so you won't have trouble finding my cabin".

Palak - "Okay"

End of the call...

I turned to face the receptionist.

"Sorry ma'am for the inconvenience", she apologized.

"Oh, there's no need to apologize you were just doing your work", I told her.

And just then Vihaan's P. A. arrived.

"Dr. Palak Mehra?", she asked.

I nodded my head.

"This way please", she said leading me.

I follwed her.

****

Vihaan's perspective

I was working in my office, its Sunday but I had a little bit of work so I was trying to finish it quickly so that I could relax. A sudden my phone rang, it was Palak. I almost forgot indulging in work that she was coming and after completion of my work we will spend the day together as Shri and Vineet both are busy to spend this weekend with us.

Its been about a month to my birthday and since then we both have become close and now as days are passing our friendship is also getting better. Shri and Vineet was right, the people who have her in their life are really lucky, you can't get a better person as a friend who is caring, understanding and always there for you; guess that is why Shri and Vineet treasure her so much.

They were also right when they said that she can be one of the most talkative person once she gets comfortable. She talks a lot for real but it isn't annoying like most of the girls I met but kinda delightful, I am not used to talk a lot that's why she do most of the talking and I just reply or talk a little.

I picked up the phone.

She told me that she have arrived so I told her to come to my cabin but she told me that the receptionist isn't letting her in.

I should have informed Trisha (his P. A.) about Palak's arrival.

I apologized to her and told her to hand the phone to the receptionist.

I talked to the receptionist and ordered her not very nicely to let Palak in and also told her that whenever she visit there's no need for any appointment and she let her in whenever she come.

After talking to the receptionist I informed Palak that I have told the receptionist to let her in and I am sending my P. A. to lead her to my cabin.

After hanging up I called Trisha in my cabin.

Within a minute or two I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in".

"How can I help you, sir?"

"I want you to escort someone to my cabin", I informed her in a cold tone.

"Who, sir?"

"Dr. Palak Sharma".

I got to know that Palak very much like it when someone adress her as "Dr." along with her full name that's why I told Trisha the same. Ater all it's her identity she must feel proud about it.

"She is at the reception. Help her to reach my cabin and make sure whenever she visit me she can come directly to me without any appointment, add her to special visitors list", I continued.

"Okay, sir. Anything else?"

"No, you may leave".

And with that she left.

I like Trisha's professionalism, she is really dedicated to her work. She never questions my any choice and follows my every order and do her work sincerely. And one of the most important point she never tried to throw herself at me. It was one of the biggest reason because of which I hired her.

I don't mind if it is male or female till they remain professional and do their work properly.

After few minutes Trisha came along with Palak.

"You may leave", I said dismissing Trisha.

"I am sorry for all the trouble", I apologized to her once again.

"Oh,it was my fault too. I should have informed you beforehand so, never mind", she said.

I nodded at her and told her to take a seat on the couch.

"My work will be done shortly, then we can leave", I informed her.

"Alright, you continue your work till then I can do some reading", she said.

****

1 hour later...

It's been an hour since Palak came and my work is still not done I didn't expect that it would take this much time.

I looked at her, she was engrossed in the book, she really loves reading; she just forget about everything around her while reading.

"Palak"

"Hmm?", she diverted her attention from book and looked at me.

"I'm really sorry to keep you waiting, I really didn't know it would take this much time. You must be feeling bored, I-"

"Ah, it's completely fine and about getting bored; I am not bored at all 'cause if I wasn't here then I must have been reading book in some library, so relax...And your work is more important; I had told Shri and Vineet that you must be busy and I will be ok on my own but they just don't listen to me and here I am bothering you while you are working".

"You not at all bothering...by the way do you wanna have coffee or anything it's been quite a bit time since you came".

"I already had my lunch but as you have asked a cup of coffee with some snacks won't hurt, right?"

"Right".

I called Trisha in the cabin.

"Sir?"

"Coffee and snacks for Palak",

"Anything else, sir".

I looked at Palak as to ask if she want anything else.

She shook her head in no.

"No", I told Trisha.

Just as she was about to open the door, Palak interrupted.

"Wait".

"How's it if I accompany her and grab my coffee myself?"

"I have sitting here all the while my body also need some movement and fresh air so I can go with her and after enjoying my coffee I will be back."

"Don't worry I won't get kidnapped or anything. And even tough I get kidnapped it wouldn't be a big deal", she continued.

"Yea, just that my family would be preparing for my funeral and Shri and Vineet would be behind the bars", I said jokingly.

She let out a small chuckle.

"Hmm, that is possible though."

"Okay, now I'm leaving and you better finish your work till then."

"Would try my best."

"Bye"

"Bye", I replied in a low voice and nodded at her.

I was done with my work and was collecting my stuff, just then I heard a knock and Palak entered my cabin.

"You done?"

"Yes"

"Okay so, now we can leave right?"

"Hmm", I nodded.

"Do you have any plans for today?"

"I was thinking of visiting dog shelter if you don't mind..umm.. if you want we can go somewhere else or do something else".

"No no it's alright, I am completely fine with it".

"Okay then let's go.
Wait you will go like this, I mean in this outfit, it won't be comfortable and appropriate for visiting a dog shelter".

"Oh, right!"

"There's my penthouse at the top of the building so I can get changed there".

She nodded at me.

Vihaan's outfit 💙👆

*

***

After getting changed I informed Trisha that I am leaving and that she can also leave and relax for the day.

While exiting the company building we got a lot of curious stares and why not they have never seen me with a girl before. I ignored everyone and left the building with Palak.

****

The dog shelter wasn't very far from my company so it didn't take much time to reach there. Just as we entered we encounter the owner of the dog shelter.

He was a middle aged man.

"Hi uncle", Palak greeted him.

"Oh Palak! , where were you it's been long".

"I know, just busy with the work it's my final year of internship so lots of work".

"I understand...oh, you have company today", he said eyeing me.

"Oh yeah, this is Vihan, my friend and Vihaan this is Mr Sharma, owner of this dog shelter".

We shared a firm handshake.

After the introductions the owner called one of the worker to lead us to the dogs.

****

Seems like Palak is really fond of dogs and if I think about it then I have never thought of having a pet but it's not like I hate them or I don't like them it is kinda nice to play with them... I guess.

Them playing with the dogs 🐶👆

"You know I always wanted to have a pet since I was a kid but my father never liked the idea of having a pet, he was never fond of pets and now I can't keep one because of work and studies as I live alone so no one's there to look after it in my absence", she told me.

"Oh".

After sometime we decided to leave as it was already getting dark.

****

"So, where to next?", I asked fastening my seatbelt.

"Home?", she said more like asked.

"Home? I thought there was more to the day".

"The day has already come to an end, it's gonna be night soon,so it's better if we head to our respective places".

"How about we go for an early dinner as it's gonna be night soon after that I will drop you off at your apartment", I suggested.

"No, I mean it Sunday today and you should spend some time with your family as you don't get much time to spend with them because of work".

"Hm, but you can join us for the dinner right?"

"No no it's gonna be your family time with your parents, l don't wanna intrude".

"Oh comon, you are definitely not gonna be intruding and moreover my parents would be delighted to see you and for a matter of fact I know how much you dislike cooking so..."

She huffed,"Okay, fine".

****

It was was a long chapter, I know.
But that's all for this chapter.

There's gonna be an extra part as the next update. It's up to you if you wanna read it or not but I would prefer you to read .
It's gonna be super short so may read.

Don't forget to tap the star symbol below...

There's gonna be frequent and regular updates from now onwards.

Thanku 🌷

****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.8K 49
Welcome, if you love deckerstar or even just the show Lucifer then you've come to the right place! This is a huge compilation of one shots and drabbl...
136K 5.1K 71
You are a first year college student studying abroad in Europe. This has been your dream for years, reality sinking in as you arrive to Precision Aca...
16.2K 449 20
Joey, Henry, and y/n worked together-they started a whole new company together-they were friends for as long as they could remember; not to mention h...
263K 8.1K 186
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...