Simplicities

By Deiyzz

Wednesday and Enid go through normal days as kinda normal people? Wednesday is there for Enid when times go r... More

SIMPLICITES - CH1
CH 2
CH3 💖🖤
CH 4
CH 5
CH7
CH 8

CH6

701 15 14
By Deiyzz

The group walked back to Nevermore and made it to their separate dorms. Except Yoko and Enid, of course. Yoko agreed that Enid should stay with her for awhile until Enid's anxiety calms down. Plus, if Yoko was in this situation, she'd be in embarrassment too. Yoko was sympathetic to Enid, but still joked about the accident. Enid had been texting Ajax constantly throughout the day, waiting for a reply, but there was no answer.

Meanwhile, Wednesday had gotten Thing back from Eugene. The dismembered hand was trying to help Wednesday figure out the scrambled word. She paid no mind to that incident since it didn't faze her at all. But what did faze her is this game that the stalker is trying to play. She looked at the words over and over again and thought of all of the possibilities the unscrambled word could be. Thing had pointed out that one of the pictures of Enid was from last year, at the Rave'N. The others were probably from this week. She made a mental note of this and got back to focusing the possibilities of the phrase or word. Wednesday felt it in her gut that this was a clue.

~~~

The she-wolf seemed to have eased up to this situation and seemed more comfortable. It was now almost midnight. The blonde was sitting on the extra bed in Yoko's dorm. The vampire noticed that Enid was checking her phone consistently, "Enid, are you just going to be glued to your phone the whole time you're here, or..-?"

"Sorry- Sorry," The werewolf apologized, "I was just checking if I got any new messages." Enid put her phone down resisting the urge to check it once again.

"From who? Wednesday?" Yoko joked. She walked over Enid's bed and sat down with her.

"Yeah, sure, Wednesday," said Enid, sarcastically. "Uhm, no actually," Enid paused and cleared her throat, "I was waiting for a text back from Ajax. Its weird, he hasn't answered back."

Yoko rolled her eyes, "At this point, Wednesday could be a better love interest for you." Enid laughed at that, but realized it wasn't really a joke.

"No, just.. no. She doesn't even like me nor is she gay. Plus, I'm not gay either so-"

"Enid, sexuality is fluid. Also, you don't seem into Ajax and he doesn't seem interested in you. You'd be so much better off as friends." Enid crossed her arms and actually thought about it. She shook her head as if she was getting rid of the thoughts that crossed her mind.

"No, its fine. We've distant lately and that's okay." Enid started getting nervous, "Can we just talk about something else now? I feel like every conversation we have is about being gay." Yoko gave her a pitying smile and nodded her head. They heard a tap on the door. Yoko walked up and opened to see Thing, the dismembered hand. Yoko knew about the hand, there was something about him that was off-putting to Yoko, but she didn't bother to say anything about it, since she was a bit scared of it. The werewolf perked up at the sight of thing and gasped, "Thing! Why are you here?" The hand tapped happily in response. He was signing that he just wanted to be with Enid for the night instead of Wednesday and asked her what she was doing. "Oh, me and Yoko were just talking about some stuff—"

"Actually, I forgot to mention something to you Enid. I was going to mention it when we were at the arcade," Yoko interjected into their conversation, "Divina, Ajax, Kent, and me are putting up the posters for the Rave'N and making them, do you want to join?"

"Oh sure, that sounds like fun!" Enid said, her voice laced with enthusiasm. When Thing got here, Yoko had noticed that her mood turned a 180 and she was all happy and joyous. On the other hand, Yoko found the dismembered hand repulsive. She looked back at the hand, "So, why'd you come here?"

Thing had signed that Wednesday let him have a break with Enid wherever she was. The dismembered hand knew her well. He came to the conclusion if Enid was not at her very own room, she'd be in Yoko's. He was right, of course. Thing had explained that Wednesday was busy doing her own thing, but didn't go in specific details. Enid bit her lip in nervousness when Thing signed 'Wednesday.' She was back to being anxious, worrying if Wednesday had mentioned her.  She felt a warm liquid coming from her lip. The she-wolf put her hand towards it. She then looked at her finger, a bit of red liquid-y substance was there.

"Enid, wash that off, I don't want to smell your blood," Yoko said, turning away and dropping onto her own bed, ever so nonchalantly. The vampire did not drink blood, she used substitutes given by the school. The vampires could eat normal food like any other supernatural in this school, they just needed blood/blood substitute to balance it out. (How ever, if they did drink blood, it would be animal. Any blood from a human with or without consent would get them expelled or sent away far from Nevermore.) Enid was slightly confused on why she was bleeding from her lip. She thought that her canines got sharper and/or bigger and she hadn't even noticed. Enid nodded and went into the bathroom with Thing, she washed it off and looked at her teeth. The she-wolf flashed a picture-perfect smile in the mirror. She was right. Her canines did get sharper and slightly bigger. The werewolf felt her new fangs with her index fingers, careful not to prick herself. She asked herself, when had they grew? Well, she felt pains in her teeth every now and then ever since she has been back to Nevermore, but she didn't pay any attention to it. She examined them closely, she was relieved that they were barely visible. "What happened?" Yoko called out from her bed, lazily. She didn't seem concerned, she just wanted to learn what happened.

"Ah— nothing, my lips were just too chapped and then it started bleeding." Enid blanked a little. Thing signed that she should tell Yoko about her sharp canines, but Enid shook her head. She was thinking that it was unnecessary to tell Yoko.

"Ick," said Yoko, "You should carry ChapStick with you always, have I taught you nothing?" The vampire began to brag about how her lips were always kissable and presentable. The she-wolf physically cringed Enid furrowed her brows and closed her eyes. That got her annoyed, but Enid kept silent and went back to the main room.

~~~

Wednesday tapped her foot impatiently. She took a break from looking at the puzzle and now she was writing her novel. Well, trying to. She had writers block and she tried to stop it. She couldn't focus on the novel. Wednesday pulled out the spider from it's container, "Hello." It crawled on her hand. "Shall I give you a name?" Wednesday asked the spider as if she was expecting an actual answer. "I'm going to call you Borden," she hummed, petting the tarantula. The reason why she chose Borden as a name is because of the Lizzie Borden poem. She put the spider back into the container.

This was probably the most affectionate Wednesday been with another creature. Wednesday shook her head in realization that she was talking to an animal/arachnid that couldn't reply. She laughed at herself, "Hah, I must be going insane already." She felt that if she was training this spider to bite on command, she might as well name it. Wednesday had thought of releasing it on Xavier, but she knew that he wouldn't be scared of it. Wednesday had multiple things on her mind, she just couldn't focus. "Its a shame you aren't really venomous to humans. Borden, the most your venom could do is eyelid puffiness, loss blood flow to major organs, or breathing difficulty. That would be decent if my enemy had a tarantula allergy. You have no actual importance to me," She stated blankly. The tarantula crawled in its cage, leaning against the walls of its enclosure. "I'll get a redback next time, or even better, a funnel-web spider. Until then, you're my little pet." She thought for a moment, "It would be amusing to give Enid a wolf spider. How entertaining and ironic." She gave a little devious smirk as she laid back in her chair. She was a bit more free in her mind. "Speaking of the Sinclair girl," Wednesday began again, "What do you think she's doing?" Of course, the spider didn't respond. It seemed to be tired. She scoffed at herself and pulled put her phone.

Wednesday: (Greetings, Enid.
I just wanted to know where are you staying? It is past midnight, as you might know, and I don't want you coming in late. Respond, this is not a plead. It's a demand. Do not ignore this message. I will find you. That is a threat. Goodbye.

Not your friend, Wednesday.)

She stared longingly at the text before she sent it. She was slightly curious if Enid was going to answer to her or not. Wednesday could notice during the morning that Enid was trying hard not to interact with her. It almost made Wednesday wonder why. Deep down, she knew the reason. She tried hard to forget it to save Enid's dignity and confidence.

In Enid's prospective, she did not want to reply, but knowing Wednesday, she would probably make her answer either way. She gazed at the text. Enid typed and deleted, typed and deleted, until Yoko yelled at her to just send the message. Yoko could tell that she was contemplating over a message. She finally typed something that was clear to her.

Enid: (Oh. Hi Wednesday. I'm staying over Yoko's place. And you don't need to write your texts in the form of a letter.)

Enid mentally cringed at herself. She could've said something else like "you don't need to worry about me" or start up a normal conversation, but Wednesday had already seen the message.

Wednesday: (Ah, so I see. Would you like me to drop off clothes? How long will you be staying? Wouldn't mind having the room to myself again. Plus, it's not much of a tedious task. Will be worth it if you're staying out.)

Enid: (Oh, yeah. I suppose I should get some extra clothes from the room. Don't know how long I'll be staying.)

Wednesday frowned at the message. Enid didn't know how long she was staying? Was she ever coming back? The raven had to clarify something real quick. It seemed like she cared, she didn't. Or that's what she told herself.

Wednesday: (But you are coming back, right?)

Enid: (Of course! Wouldn't wanna leave my favorite roomie 🫵)

Wednesday scoffed at the text. She mumbled something illegible under her breath and shook her head.

Wednesday: (Okay, Sinclair. I'll drop off your clothes. I positively hate when you're not here.)

Enid: (So, you love when I'm not there?)

Wednesday: (Yes, but I need company in my solitude, so come back soon. I will drop off your things.)

Enid's breath hitched with excitement, still not forgetting her embarrassing moment yesterday night, but something about the sentence made Enid feel good. Wednesday had grown to tolerate Enid's behavior and habits. She gave a soft-smile, reading the text message again in delight.

Enid: (Okay, please hurry, Wends. I'm a bit sleepy. I'm at Yoko's dorm right now.)

Wednesday: (You were supposed to be asleep three hours ago. I'm putting you on a bedtime schedule, a strict one in-fact. I don't want you getting like your drunken state like yesterday. Especially with that 'Tanaka' girl. Can't always trust vampires, especially when they leave you during a torture session.)

Enid let out a yelp in response to the mention of yesterday. She almost threw her phone across the room from embarrassment. Her face turned a slight rosy pink. She dropped her phone on the bed, fumbling to text. The she-wolf could hear a faint, "what the fuck-" coming from Yoko. She felt the vampire's eyes examine Enid's weird behavior and her pink face. Yoko then continued what she was doing before, which was scrolling through social medias and posting pictures of her in bed making a pouting face whenever doing so.

Enid: (Oh.. a torturing session..?)

Enid purposely changed the subject, not wanting to get near the mention of yesterday again. She didn't know a torturing session had taken place? Where and when had it happened?

Wednesday: (Oh, you don't know? I thought your poor excuse of a boyfriend, Ajax, told you.)

Enid: (No, I didn't. What happened?)

Wednesday: (Well, I fear that's it's not safe to talk about what happened in the past online, but all I can tell you is all the Nightshades ran out on me when I was 'treating' Tyler. I will get my revenge on them soon, but that's for another day.)

Enid: (Oh. Now I feel less bad about the person being tortured. Tyler was the Hyde, correct? The monster I beat up? Should've knew it was him sooner. Sorry. I didn't really like him at first, he came off as too desperate and too easy to swoon. I should've warned you, but I felt like this was the chance you actually liked somebody. I don't really know most of the story, no one has really told me and it kinda sucks since I'm your 'acquaintance.' Actually, no one tells me anything in general.)

Wednesday's eyes furrowed a bit at the message, she was slightly surprised that Enid hardly knew anything. Maybe Wednesday was too secretive with her research. Plus, Enid didn't know she had gotten stabbed since Goody healed her wounds, but they had left a scar on her pale-ish tanned skin. The raven felt that she would tell Enid this later, to clarify a few things. She could see how confusing this could be for Enid. It kind of bothered Wednesday when Enid's efforts go unnoticed. She had done so much for Wednesday. The goth could tell that this had bummed Enid out a little.

Wednesday: (Sinclair, you're like a internal wound that was inflicted upon me, you're never out of my thoughts. Sooner or later, I'll get revenge on you for that, but for now on, I'll tell you everything from now on if you really want to know. If it helps, I was considering you to be my partner for torturing Tyler, but I thought that maybe you wouldn't be interested in it. And if you're talking about desperateness, you should look at Xavier for that. That idiot bought me a phone and now I have to use it. I should've kept him in jail and pretend he was the one who was hyde-ing his true form.)

Enid was stunned to see that message. She noted how she was always in Wednesday's mind, she felt bubbly. It was strange and odd for Wednesday to type that. The blonde's lips curved upwards, forming a grin resembling that of a puppy's. She loved the little pun too, this had cheered her up a little.

Enid: (Aww, I'll always say yes to some torture, thank you bestie. I'll never get cold-feet when I'm torturing with you.)

(Joke.)

Wednesday: (Ok. Now, leave me be, we'll continue this discussion another time. I will gather your things and drop them off. After that, go to sleep. Until then, farewell, wolf.)

"So, who were you texting?" Yoko hummed, in a teasing tone as Enid set her phone down, holding up a dumb smile. She was now sitting up on her bed, "New lover already?"

"What?" Enid shook her head waving her hands defensively, "No! Why would you ask that?" Yoko was smiling slyly, raising her eyebrows suggestively.

"I don't know, Frooti Tooti, never seen you smile like that with Ajax. Just wanted to clarify," Yoko shrugged, she was just teasing. "So, if you don't mind me asking, who was that?"

"No one special, just a friend," mumbled Enid, looking away from Yoko. The blonde had no reason to be embarrassed, yet she still was. Was she really smiling that much over a sentence from Wednesday Addams? "Plus, I would never cheat on Ajax."

"Yeah, sure. A 'friend'" Yoko gave an amused scoff. She continued being on her phone. At certain times, Yoko would look at Enid with suspicion. She knew how Enid got jittery and anxious when she was nervous. This was a prime example of this. Enid saved herself by not talking too much this time, but Yoko could still tell. "I would never cheat on him either. If I was you, I'd break up with Ajax. He seems like he's chronically online. What kind of guy stones himself and doesn't tell his date? I'll tell you; a bad guy who wouldn't commit to the relationship. That's why you should never trust the clones of Medusa." Enid rolled her eyes at this, but Yoko did have a point. It still hurt her that Ajax didn't tell her. She turned away, not wanting to think about it anymore. She had thought again; Why won't anyone tell me anything? Her heart ached. She just wanted to help and protect. Maybe do something noble so her family would respect her more. Either way, she felt as if she was useless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 235 20
Wednesday and Enid start to have feelings for one another, feelings that they know aren't going to be going away anytime soon...will they embrace tho...
14.9K 304 7
"I didn't know you were interested in the orchestra," Wednesday said thoughtfully, brows raised slightly. "You should have said something." "I didn't...
105K 1.4K 26
Started in 1/12/23 Finished 5/1/23 in the starting in the story Enid will be dating Ajax. slowly taking Wedn...
47.1K 1.2K 24
"Maybe if the moon shines even brighter your IQ will decrease even more." Wednesday hates Nevermore more than she hates Enid. But deep down inside...