Overcoming Our Obstacles Shot...

By LisaLove765

Sequel to Your Left Eye, My Right Arm, please read that first! So 5 long weeks after Momo was transferred is... More

Ch 1. Shocking Warmth
Ch 2. But Your Words And Actions Dont Line Up...
Ch 3. Timing Couldn't Be Worse
A/N Apologies From My Drunk Editor
Ch 4. Lies.
Sorta Just Spamming Ya
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ
Ch 5. Surprises, Surprises...
Im sorry
Face Reveal
Ch 6. Yeah, But Why?
Ch 7. Give A Big Welcome To 'Family'
A/N
...well.. hi.
Ch.8 I Dunno (draft)
A Big Ol' Thank You
About 9 or so Months
At a loss for words
A Formal Apology
FILLER!!!!
Ch. 9 Surprise Gift Shopping
Ch. 10 Rei Todoroki
Ch. 11 Crying before Christmas (idfk)
Ch. 12 Christmas Morning
Ch. 14 So This Is The True Pain Of A Soulmate
Ch. 15 Processing False Hopes
Ch. 16 Worry
Ch. 17 Awake
CLOSED MOUTHS DO NOT GET FED!
Ch.18 Explosive
Ch.19 A Brief Peace
Sorry
Ch. 20 Dabi's Fuck Up
Ch.21 Late Night Anime
Ch. 22 Plethora Of Events
Ch. 23 Swap
Ch. 24 Selfish Envy
Ch. 25 One Final Practice
My Shoto Art(+ Redraw of the Cover!)
Ch. 26 Beauty And The...Demon? Pt1
Ch. 27 Beauty And The... Demon? Pt2
A/N Few Questions
Ch. 28 Beauty And The... Demon? Pt3
Ch. 29 Beauty And The... Demon? Pt4
MINI BREAK

Ch. 13 Every Quirk Has Its Drawbacks

65 5 0
By LisaLove765

(H/n)= Hero name
Sup!! So simply put, there is major character injury!! A lot worse than what I've been doing! It's not heavily written, kinda like the SA in my first story, but in this chapter is very heavily implied. In the next chapter, I'll put a more solid warning due to it being an outside viewpoint on said injury!  Also, happy birthday Shoto Todoroki. 🥰🥰🥰 I DREW THIS. I'M A SIMP. I KNOW.
~LisaLove765

(Y/n)'s POV

Putting away my textbooks alongside my classmates, we prepared to head to lunch before heroics. "(L/n), stay back for a moment." I paused, staring at Aizawa.

"Yes, sir." Waving a go-ahead to Iida and Shoto, I made my way to the desk up front. "Sir." Aizawa sat down and sighed, pulling some folders out of his desk.

"Sorry to take from your lunch," He started. "But before we get to training now that school's back in session, I need to talk to you about your quirk." Nodding, I followed his gaze as he read something on the paperwork in front of him. "We train your weaknesses and learn new abilities with your quirks, but we haven't had a sit down over yours yet. You can shape-shift into items and animals, is that correct?"

"Yes sir. My quirk uses DNA from animals and others to shift into them, and for items. I have to have pieces of what they are made from and the knowledge of how they are made." Reiterating my quirks abilities, I watched as he sighed, setting his papers down.

"Others? So you can shift into other people?" I nodded. "Well, then that's something else we can work with. First, let me go over some training ideas I had for you." I sat nervously, looking at him. "Since your quirk is something like that you need to focus on 3 things: Separation. Durance. Complexity. When you use items it's clear you take physical damage, I'm wondering if it is because you see your quirk as a part of you, not an extension of you." I took his observation seriously, it was a good thought, seeing as I never tried to see the item as just an item. "To test this, I'm thinking we have small segments where you build mental strength by reminding yourself that you are not the weapon, you are just wielding it." Quirking a brow, I spoke before he could continue.

"How do you know that'll work, sir?" I sat back as he looked up.

"I don't, but we can't know what exactly will make your quirk better equipped for battle than testing what might be a weakness. Your body takes less damage when you use a shield and sword, so I can only imagine that those are subconscious weapon choices, which means you've separated yourself from them after continuous use. Which leads to my next one: Durance. How long you can go, your usage of them. When I asked, it is based on focusing, unless it's a full body shift, correct?" I nodded wordlessly. "We need to work on how long you can keep shifted, we'll start with one item and a target. And once it seems you're improving, I'm thinking we add another item. And neither will be your sword and shield, sometimes our comforts are not the best." I looked down, I felt like I was in trouble. "Your quirk is very amazing, and you trained them to the best of your abilities being on your own with them." I looked up, shocked, but more touched he'd mention it. Must be a good body language reader… "However, you took the course of support, so your training wasn't ever used. Now, you are in the hero course, and if there's anything I know about my students, it's this: You have amazing potential. And I'm here to make that potential actually show. Onto my point three: Complexity. Items like mallets, knives, and Shields are not extremely complex, and since item shifting is based on knowledge and pieces of the item, could you learn the structure of let's say, a bow? Or a balloon gun?" I nodded.

"But sir, my body can't detach, so stuff like that would be worthless." I countered. He raised a brow and I sat forward. "I may be able to learn to make them, but I can't shoot anything, my body has nothing to shoot." He smiled at me, it quickly vanishing.

"Correct, but let's say you have a stash of bows concealed on your person, and you turn one hand into a bow, take an arrow off your person and shoot with your not morphed hand?" I blinked and relaxed.

"That could work…" I muttered.

"We're here to see what your quirk can do. So maybe something similar can work with a launching device."

"Okay, is that all?"

"Actually, no, I wanna hear about your human shifting." Sighing, I sat uncomfortably.

"I did it a lot when I was younger." I answered.

"Well, your quirk is DNA based when it comes to that, so have you thought of using others' quirks?" I nodded.

"Yeah, but I never tested it." My answer was honest. "My grandma had told me it's dangerous."

"How so?" I furrowed my brows, not expecting his question.

"I don't actually know, she never told me why. Just that it was dangerous." He nodded, writing some stuff down, before shuffling the papers and putting them up.

"I want to test that first, we'll do that today. Don't worry, I'm a fast corrector if anything happens." I nodded slowly. "Go eat, I'll give you some extra time before training today." I scurried out of the room, bumping straight into Shoto.

"What are you doing here??" I asked, relaxing some, anxiety coursing through my veins.

"It was taking you a while, I thought I'd come check on you." I smiled at his answer, and he led me to the cafeteria. "How did it go? You're not in trouble, are you?" I shook my head.

"No, but I feel sick, he's gonna have to test my quirk. Which is all good. But, I'm scared, I feel… off." I leaned into his side, sighing. "But I trust him, maybe it's not dangerous and my grandma is wrong." Shoto's confused stare had me stopping. "Don't worry. Aizawa said it's okay." He nodded and started guiding me to the lunch line. "Oh, no thank you, I don't wanna eat, I'm too nerve wrecked." He rolled his eyes.

"Fine then, why don't you get some cold soba, I'll eat it?" I laughed and followed him through the line, ordering the meal Shoto got so often. He took the tray from me and I smiled.

"Thanks, Shoto." He shook his head.

"Thank you." He sat down and shoved his half eaten tray my way. "I refuse you to not eat, so eat what I have left." I blushed and grumbled, taking the chopsticks in front of me, eating the cold dish my soulmate favored.

"I don't think I've had cold soba before." I commented, the gently bold flavor relaxing me. "It tastes really good." Peering up at Shoto as he choked, my brows raised.

"You okay?" Iida was quick to beat me, giving the two toned boy a bottle of water. "Your face is red, are you sick?" I leaned forward some, giving Shoto a soft smile, placing my hand on his face.

"He's not burning up, he'll be fine, Iida, thank you." I went back to eating the noodles, picking up small talk with Hatsume. The area next to me became chilly and I turned to Shoto.

"Maybe you're not okay-"

"I am totally fine, (Y/n)-" He cut me off, avoiding my gaze. What's wrong with him? He was fine a moment ago… Humming, I finished my tray of soba, but before I could stand, Shoto stopped me. "I'll take care of it when I'm done, just relax before training." My face flushed and I gave him a shy smile, fiddling with my sleeves.

"Well, if you insist…" As I got more comfortable, leaning on Hatsume, Ochako started talking to me.

"What did Aizawa have to talk to you about?" Giving her a smile, I could feel my stomach churning.

"Well, we hadn't talked about the limits I could achieve with my quirk before, we were setting goals. I have three things I gotta work on. Durance, separation, and complexity. But before that, he wants me to try out using someone else's quirk." As I finished speaking, all at once, almost everyone at the table stared at me. I felt uncomfortable under their eyes and I slid down some. "I don't want to, grandma said it's dangerous." I added, thinking it'd make them look away.

"How could you use someone else's quirk, (Y/n)?" At Iida's question, I realized just why they were looking at me.

"Simple. My quirk is based on DNA."

"Oh!" Midoriya started muttering and I looked at the others.

"When I turn into animals, it's literally through animal DNA. My bracelets have strands of hair combining them. When I want to shift into an item, I have to have what that item is made out of, cause it's like DNA." Understanding slowly flooded around the rest of the table and I sighed. "But my grandma told me I should never use another's quirk. She wouldn't tell me why or what might happen, but I trust her."

"Then why not tell Aizawa no?" I looked at Shoto defeated. Something told me deep down this wasn't going to end well.

"Because he promised that no matter what happened, he'd be there. And… I trust him, and I'll have my amazing classmates with me. We'll just be in the gym gamma, right? So even if you all are practicing elsewhere, you'll be able to hear out if something happens." I wasn't trying to put pressure on the four sitting with me, but I could feel how they all silently made a vow that they'd do something if it went astray. After a bit, Shoto stood taking both trays to the respective area, and I sat silently, unsure of what to do, how to feel. I mean, I'm an entirely new generation from my grandma, It really couldn't go that badly, could it?

Securing my hero suit in place, I smiled, thanking Ochako for hanging back and zipping it up. "For real, the last time it happened, I had to ask Kiri to zip it up. And then Shoto did it!" She giggled at my red face, and I shoved her lightly. "It's stupidly embarrassing. His hands are different temperatures, but like, them actually being on bare skin, sensitive skin like your back-" My naughty rant halted, when we walked in to see everyone standing in a circle.

"Before we begin training today, I need a volunteer to give (L/n) a strand of hair."

"M-mr Aizawa sensei…" I contemplated. "Could we get someone with a not so major quirk? So if it goes astray, I'm not like… super hurt really fast? Or hurting anyone else?' His gaze stared into mine for a second before scanning the others.

"I don't know why you'd need it, but you can use mine!" I felt relieved to hear Kirishima's energetic voice offer.

"That would be fine with you? (H/n)?" I nodded and smiled at the redhead.

"Thank you, Red Riot." He returned the smile, pulling a piece of his hair out. I flinched and he laughed, handing it to me.

"Can we go train now, sensei?" Aizawa shook his head, telling everyone to stand behind him, aside from me.

I stood in front of their curious gazes, fidgeting. "Come on, (H/n)." At Aizawa's monotone voice, I locked eyes with Shoto, who stood off to the side, closest to me. 'You got this, I'm right here', the look in his eyes told me. Nodding, I tucked the hair in my bracelet, and closed my eyes, willing myself to shift into Kirishima. Opening my eyes, I smiled at everyone.

"Hey!" I lifted my arm, seeing that my clothes hadn't changed, but I definitely wasn't myself.

"Omg, Kirishima in skin tight shorts-"

"That's my boyfriend you're talking about!" My face reddened and I caught Kiri's grinning face.

"You look great as me!" I laughed at his comment and looked at Aizawa.

"Ready? Do you feel more calmed like this?" I gave my confirmation in a nod. I shook myself through once and took a deep breath. Getting in the stance I had seen Kiri in so often, I looked forward. Letting out one last breath, feeling the activation of his quirk, I immediately froze.

"Wow! She achieved my ultimate move first try!"

"She looks amazing!"

"How badass!"

"That's too strong." Their comments blended into the background as my body instantly burned. Tears pricked at my eyes as I let out a shrill scream, the feeling of my body caving in on itself making my heart race. I couldn't move, I could only weakly move my eyes as I kept screaming. No one moved around me, and my fears seemed to come true. I refused to look at Shoto, but my eyes caught Aizawa's, my body shifting back immediately, no flash, no weird feeling. Only warmth. Tears streamed down my face as I slowly fell to my knees. Their collective silence told me I was fine, that the warmth was my body just being okay. Nothing was wrong, it's all in my head.

"Aizawa sensei!! Do something!" Ochako's cry sounded far away and I smiled weakly through the tears I couldn't stop.

"I'm sorry guys…. I think I'm gonna nap now…." Falling forward, the last thing I saw was red before I lost consciousness.

2224 words!!! Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 30K 19
(Y/n) has the same quirk as Todoroki's right side. She works at the hospital as a part-time job and meets Todoroki Rei, his mom. How will Todoroki re...
157K 3.5K 60
Y/N L/N has a pretty powerful quirk and a dream to become a hero just like her older brother. She enters U.A ready to face anything but can she face...
6.7K 194 40
"So when's the wedding?" The mother of the boy jokingly asked the two. Her face immediately becoming a bright shade of pink, (Y/N) looked at the woma...
424K 12.5K 51
🐱 This book is available in Polish (@_bluef0x) and Italian (@kamisamapotter4ever), thanks to these WONDERFUL people (you can also check them out on...