Custodian | Prudence Night/Bl...

By SheaACDC

Cordelia Spellman, a not-so young witch lives in a small eerie town of Greendale. Living with her peculiar au... More

Cast
Chapter 1: October Country Part 1
Chapter 2: October Country Part 2
Chapter 3: The Dark Baptism Part 1
Chapter 4: The Dark Baptism Part 2
Chapter 5: The Trail of Sabrina Spellman Part 1
Chapter 6: The Trail of Sabrina Spellman Part 2
Chapter 7: The Witch Academy Part 1
Chapter 8: The Witch Academy Part 2
Chapter 9: Dreams in a Witch House
Chapter 10: An Exorcism in Greendale Part 1
Chapter 11: An Exorcism in Greendale Part 2
Chapter 12: Feast of Feasts Part 1
Chapter 13: Feast of Feasts Part 2
Chapter 14: The Burial Part 1
Chapter 15: The Burial Part 2
Chapter 16: The Returned Man
Chapter 17: The Witching Hour Part 1
Chapter 18: The Witching Hour Part 2
Chapter 19: A Midwinter's Tale Part 1
Chapter 20: A Midwinter's Tale Part 2
Part Break
Chapter 21: The Epiphany Part 1
Chapter 22: The Epiphany Part 2
Chapter 23: The Passion of Sabrina Spellman Part 1
Chapter 25: Acceptance

Chapter 24: The Passion of Sabrina Spellman Part 2

258 16 5
By SheaACDC

The day of the opening night of the play, Cordelia was busy backstage as she was applying make-up to each cast member.

Her cousin Sabrina, has stepped up from being the understudy to being the lead after Dorcas had suspiciously received chickenpox.

Each cast member was already in their costume, she had just finished with Sabrina and was now busy applying shining glitter to her brother's face.

Cordelia wore a necklace which had charmed smokey quarts and lepidolite stones in it. The smokey quarts are normally used for grounding and anchoring energies. It's supposed to help you feel less overwhelmed and chaotic and give you a sense of stability and security.
While the lepidolite stones are used to reduce stress and stabilize moods and emotions. Which she hoped will help, since after the previous days' rapid incidents, she had to find a way to to control her unplanned teleportation.

Ambrose looked at his sister stoically, as she did her task.

"Well, don't you make a dashing God?" Cordelia teased, as her brother wore a white toga and a beautiful detailed cape and gold bracelets, looking like a true celestial being. "Except for the current expression you're giving me."

"You still haven't told them."

Inhaling, she remained silent, knowing nothing she'll say will help.

"It's been days since you've promised."

Closing her glitter kit soundly, she spoke. "I'm done" while moving away from her brother, and onto another cast member who was Nicholas.

Ambrose didn't stop her, as he watched her walk away in disappointment.

"You guys seemed a bit tense over there." Nicholas commented, making her intentionly pull out an eyebrow stray. "Ow!"

"Mind your own businesses." she ordered, as she wiped his face with Aloe infused water. "Close your eyes."

The warlock reluctantly did what he was told, as the witch sprayed his face with rose mist, wanting to give him a more clean and natural look.

"By the way, if you're thinking of toying with my cousin's heart..." she took hold of his face, making him open his eyes. "Don't" she warned.

A smirk spread across her face, "So, you think I stand a chance?"

Walking away from the warlock, she responded, dejectedly. "Sadly, yes."

"Is everyone ready?" Aunt Zelda walked in, Cordelia nodded at her aunt, as everyone took their places.

"Now! Let's give them a show." the Director smiled confidently at her students. "...and as they say, 'break a leg'.

Cordelia took a seat in the front row after giving her good luck to her brother and cousin.

Her aunt Hilda was atleast able to attend the play, as Cordelia took a seat next to her.

"What kind of God denies his followers pleasure?" Nicholas spoke in character as Lucifer on stage.

"Brilliant job with the make-up Delia." Her aunt Zelda whispered to her excitedly, then continued to marvel at her work.

"The one God. The true God. All knowing, all powerful." Ambrose spoke.

As the play continued, Cordelia clapped supportively after every scene, seeing the hardwork of her aunt. There were even a few script changes, that made Lilith more bearable and relatable.

The aunties watched in pride as Sabrina performed on stage.

When Nicholas and Sabrina kissed on stage, Cordelia raised an eyebrow at the passion displayed.

At the end of the play, the cast members bowed as everyone stood up and clapped at their brilliant performances.

Even Father Blackwood stood up and clapped, yelling. "Bravo!" after seeing his masterpiece on stage.

The Spellman witches in the audience shared warm smiles and clapped proudly at their work.

In Dorian Grey's room, everyone celebrated together the successful production.

Noticing her aunt Zelda smoking a shisha, while the High Priest stood by her. Cordelia hastily walked up to her, grabbed the pipe from her aunt, and inhaled a huge puff, before her aunt Hilda would turn from across the room.

The red-headed aunt looked at her niece in annoyance for taking away her enjoyment.

"Ooeeee, that's good." the younger witch breathed out, before taking her leave again. Making Father Blackwood raise an eyebrow at her, bemused.

Seeing Prudence standing at the bar alone, she went up to her. Meanwhile, without her knowledge her brother was getting a hold of the rest of the family to talk in private.

"I heard about Dorcas. Is she feeling any better?"

The short-haired raised an eyebrow at her, watching as she comfortably took a seat and ordered a drink from Dorian.

Tapping her sharp nails on the table, she chuckled, "Agatha and I checked on her right after the play, and for some miraculous reason she's been cured."

"How coincidental..." Cordelia spoke, as she took a sip of her bourbon.

"Very..."

"Do you still need space?" the older witch suddenly asked, making Prudence look at her in surprise.

"You haven't been giving me much."

"I'm...uhm. I'm sorry." the Spellman witch swallowed. "I don't have..." she halted, embarrassed to complete her sentence. "... have many people to talk to, outside of my family."

"You're saying you don't have any friends." the other witch put it bluntly.

Cordelia lowered her glass in annoyance, but didn't deny the claim.

"... And you consider us as friends, again?"

"You...You're the closest thing I have...to one. So it's hard for me not to talk to you when I see you." the older witch admitted. "But if space is what you need, I'll..." Cordelia halted as the short-haired stepped closer in her personal space.

"And that's all you want, friendship?"

The Spellman witch swallowed nervously, as the other witch played with the lapels of her long dark grey blazer.

"I think that's as far as we can go, considering..." she softly answered.

"Considering?"

"Our families...I don't want you to be in a position where you have to choose between making your father proud and..."

"And?"

"...not."

"My father is completely enraptured by your aunt. I don't think there's any bad blood to worry about... anymore." Prudence reasoned, while gently pulling her closer.

"I don't trust him."

"You don't trust anyone outside of your family..."

"I trust you." Cordelia whispered against lips, surprising herself and the other witch. Prudence admired the necklace around the other witch's neck and touched the stones.

"This is new." the short-haired witch whispered.

The comment immediately brought Cordelia out of their little bubble, as she got another reminder, as to why they shouldn't get too close, so she painfully stepped away.

Prudence scoffed disappointingly, "Friends it is then." she said cynically as she finished her drink and then waltzed away, making Cordelia close her eyes in dismay.

Not noticing any of her family members around, she frowned.

'They left without me. Rude.' she thought, as she left the room, relieved that she had atleast brought Bonnie with her to drive home.

Seeing their family hearse standing outside her house. Cordelia frowned, confused, as she unlocked the door.

The sound of fire crackling from her living room, immediately caught her attention. She blinked in amusement at the sight of her entire family.

Aunt Hilda and Sabrina shared the one couch, Ambrose sat guiltily in the single arm chair, closest to the fire, while her eldest aunt was standing and leaning against the couch they were sitting on.

Her heeled boots resonated through the house, as she came to a halt and removed her blazer, as she addressed her family.

"This... is a surprise. Aunt Zelda, are you actually in my house?" Cordelia couldn't help but tease, even though she could feel the clear tension.

"Show it." her Aunt Zelda demanded.

Her eldest niece scrunched up her face in confusion.

"The tattoo, sister." Ambrose spoke up, not meeting her eyes.

Realizing what he has done, Cordelia turned to her brother in anger. "Seriously? You told them after I already told you I will?"

"Be honest. When were you going to tell them?" her brother asked, glumly, tired after having to explain everything to his family.

"You didn'..."

"Cordelia. Now!" her aunt interjected with finality.

Sighing out in defeat. Cordelia slowly unbuttoned her shirt, just enough to pull it off her left shoulder.

The red-headed matriach stalked closer, her heels clacking through the silence, as her niece turned her back to them.

An unbearable silence took over. Cordelia could feel her aunt lightly touching it, until she immediately pulled away, as if it burned her. The eldest witch started pacing again, with barely contained anger, as she rubbed the creases on her forehead.

"How can an expiration date looks so beautiful?" Sabrina commented, while squinting at the art.

"Sabrina!" the blonde aunt scolded, while Cordelia chuckled.

"What? This whole week I kept getting gashes on my back..."

"... And I get a beautiful free tattoo." the dark-skinned witch commented, jokingly, while closing up her shirt again. Appreciating her cousin for breaking the tension.

"Lovies, this is not a joke." aunt Hilda gritted out; eyes brimming with tears.

Her eldest niece dropped her joking demeanor. Then looked at her aunt comfortingly.

"Knowing Ambrose, he probably overdramatised everything..."

"No I didn't."

"First of all it's basically a myth, as there is no one who lives to tell the tale. This is possibly nothing..."

"Cordelia Lenora Francelie Spellman!" her aunt Zelda cut in, unable to take anymore of her cavalierness.

Picking up the book from the table, that contained all the custodian information, she held it up to her niece. "This isn't nothing!"

Cordelia tiredly straightened up, and looked at her aunt.

"You should've told us the minute..." the woman ranted, throwing the book with a loud slam back on the table. ".. No the second you found out about this!"

"All the signs are there." her blonde cousin admitted. "You popping everytime I was in danger, or when any of us were..."

"The rubble..." Aunt Zelda, whispered, in realization.

"Your electrifying blue eyes, on the day of the Greendale 13..." Aunt Hilda added with a soft voice.

"Your tattoo..." Sabrina continued.

"Alright..." Cordelia cut them off in frustration. "...so, I might be a custodian. That's been established, but I don't mind it..." she shrugged, while walking to her kettle to switch it on, nonchalantly. "I mean the occasional uncontrollable teleportation, is a bit of an inconvenience, but that can be lessened, if all of you just keep out of trouble." she ended off lightly.

Not taking note of the looks of disbelief she was receiving.

"And what about the part of your sacrifice and demise?" Ambrose humored her, while standing up. "Because if you honestly think, that that's not the part that has us worried, then I have no words for you, sister!"

His exclamation left an unbearable silence in the room. As all the women in the room seem to get teary-eyed.

Sighing out, Cordelia looked at each of her family members. "Now, listen to me." she started calmy. "Yes! I didn't want to tell anyone, as this family does not have a very good track record at letting things go." she emphasised, while looking pointingly at her cousin. Who crossed her arms sheepishly at being called out.

Continuing she sighed out. "Believe me when I say I have done my research." Cordelia scoffed out, tiredly. "I would like to think that I'm a pretty good researcher, and what I've found thus far, has not been very helpful...and..." she paused, while reaching for bottle of wine. "I've lived for 133 years, I have lived...Therefore, if my fate entails me dying protecting the people I love the most...then so be it. What do I have to complain about?"

Her aunt Zelda gaped at her niece's acceptance of it all. "Delia, we nee..."

"...to go home." she cut her aunt off. Met with immediate silence, her family looked at her in shock and confusion.

"As you've just reminded me, I've had quite the week and I... am exhausted, and I just need everyone to leave." she ended off, earning a round of protests.

"D.."

"Please!" she yelled out tiredly.

At the exclamation, aunt Hilda and Sabrina stood up from the couch. Ambrose was the first one to go as he was astral projecting from the Academy, while Dorian kept watch.

Next was, Sabrina, but Cordelia gently called out to her, making the younger witch turn. "Please don't try to fix this." she begged her, knowing how stubborn she can be.

Her cousin didn't answer her as she walked out in the cold.

'That's not good' Cordelia thought to herself.

Lastly, was her aunties, Zelda Spellman stood the closest to her from accross the counter. Her lips were thinned, as she tried to think of what to do or say at that moment, refusing to leave her niece.

Her sister stepped closer to her, grabbing a hold of her arm, trying to shake her from her state. "Come on, Zelds..." aunt Hilda said with a strained voice, as she was crying the most. "Let's just give Delia flower, some space..."

Cordelia angrily wiped away a stray tear, that escaped at hearing her nickname.

"... and we can talk about this tomorrow, how does that sound?"

Aunt Zelda didn't answer her sister, as her lip quivered, and her niece refused to look at her. She finally nodded at her sister, as they took each other's hands.

Just before they left, her aunt Hilda spoke up again."We love you, darling." she smiled, and then they were gone.

Everyone gone, made the air unbearably silent. Cordelia stood leaning against the counter, staring at nothing, as she couldn't believe how quickly the night has turned.

Nyx landed on the counter, hopping closer to its owner, who didn't give her much mind. The owl blinked rapidly at her, in worry.

"I'm fine, Nyx. Go hunt."

Her familiar cooed in protest.

"I'll be fine... we will all be fine." she said absent-mindedly as she walked up the steps to her room, with her bottle of wine. Knowing that sleep will not succumb to her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 343 30
Sabrina Spellman, the twin sister to Y/N Spellman. The twins were orphaned at a young age and have been living with their aunts, Hilda and Zelda Spel...
207K 5.8K 22
❝Her two worlds came crashing down, crushing her between them. Stuck at a crossroads, she had to make a choice...❞ In which everything a girl had gro...
56.9K 1.1K 12
In which in the town of Greendale, where it always feels like Halloween, there lived two young twins who were witches living a mortal life, whom, on...
1.6K 111 11
This is in addition to the previous story about Lilith - she's pregnant, living with Zelda, and worried about what she's going to give birth to!