๐‡๐€๐‹๐… ๐€ ๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๐“, jerem...

By onehappyhero

โ don't you get it? i hate you because i can never have you. โž for as long as danielle conklin can remember... More

๐‡๐€๐‹๐… ๐€ ๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๐“
one. back in cousins
two. debutante invitations
three. bonfire breakdown
four. the break up reveal
five. deb meetings & book parties
six. happy birthday, belly
seven. when the party's over
eight. our taylor swift thing
nine. some people never do
ten. the necklace
eleven. half butterfly
twelve. i care too
thirteen. i'm here
fourteen. stay stay stay
fifteen. can never have you
sixteen. nothing to lose
seventeen. take your own advice
eighteen. why did you choose him?
nineteen. i don't like belly
twenty. the smiles we share
twenty-one. just friends
bonus chapter.
bonus (maisie's version)
so...new jeremiah book?

twenty-two. it's you

31K 773 544
By onehappyhero

I WAKE UP feeling something heavy on my stomach. I'm on my back with one of my arms curled around a pair of broad shoulders. I feel warm breath against my collarbone and soft curls tickling my chin.

Lowering my head, I can just barely see the top of Jeremiah's head resting on my chest with both of his arms wrapped around me. His eyes are closed, and he looks so peaceful it makes my heart swell. With a content sigh, I move my hand to his head and run my fingers through his hair.

I feel his breaths coming faster and heavier on my skin, telling me he's most likely awake. His arms tighten around me as his head moves up so that his nose is caressing the spot where my neck meets my shoulder.

Softly, he places his lips there and plants feathery kisses up my throat. My breath hitches, and I know he hears it because I can feel his smile against my skin.

Just as I close my eyes and sigh, he lifts his face and rolls over so that he's on top of me. Opening my eyes, I see his bright blue eyes ten shades darker and already staring at me. Looking over every inch of my face as if he thinks I might disappear and wants to memorize me before it happens.

But I'm not going to disappear.

I'm not going to fuck this up again.

I lift my hand to cup his cheek and brush my thumb over his jaw. His eyes flutter shut as he leans down to touch his forehead to mine. Moving my face, I peck his nose lightly and smile at him when he opens his eyes.

And fuck.

The look in his eyes is so soft and affectionate and loving, and I have no idea what to do with it. And just when I think I can't fall deeper in love with him, he smiles deep and slow. The corners of his mouth take up the entirety of his face, and I realize where the expression "smile from ear to ear" came from.

"Good morning," he whispers, sending shivers down my spine.

I trace my finger over his temple and reply, "Good morning."

He stares at me for so long that I'm sure I've forgotten how to breathe.

"I can't believe I forgot," he finally says, his breath warm on my face. He leans down slightly to just barely brush his lips against my jaw.

I lose my focus for a second, reveling in his touch, his attention, his intense gaze.

When I think back to his question, I breathe, "Forgot what?"

His smile is soft. "How much better I sleep with you in my arms."

At some point, I can't remember when, his hand snuck underneath my shirt and is now resting flat against my stomach. I feel it now, his palm warm and his fingers callused. I let out a sigh of contentment before his words settle in.

My eyes snap to his, but he's no longer looking into mine. His gaze is stolen by my mouth, and for some reason, my lips get dry all of a sudden. Poking my tongue out to swipe across my lip, I hear his breath catch and his eyes follow the movement intently.

The hand not on my waist comes up to rest on my jaw, his thumb softly brushing my bottom lip where my tongue had just been.

"Jere..."

I watch his Adam's apple bob before his head dips down. His eyes flicker to mine for just a second before they return to my mouth, his hand on my waist tightening its grip.

His lips don't even have time to brush mine when all of a sudden "Delicate" by Taylor Swift starts playing. The sound is so sudden that we both jump apart.

Looking at each other, we both burst out laughing. Jeremiah rolls off of me to turn off his phone. I turn to my side and send him an amused look.

"And you said you don't like reputation," I accused, narrowing my eyes at him even with my smile growing wider.

He rolls his eyes and flips me off. "Obviously, I lied."

"Okay, Mr. 'I hate Delicate, it's the worst song on the album.'"

He scoffs and then takes the pillow behind him and throws it at me. I gasp at him and instantly get up.

"Oh, you did not." I send him a pretend glare.

"Oh, I did." He shows off a sinister smirk.

I grab his other pillow and crawl over the bed to hit him with it. He shields his face with his arms, and shrieks at me. I laugh loudly and keep hitting him. He finally reaches out and grabs my wrists, halting my movement. He pulls me into him, his arms going over mine so that they're tucked into my sides and I can't move them.

"HEY—"

And then he leans down, still smirking, and swipes his tongue across my cheek, from the corner of my mouth to my cheekbone.

I squeal, pushing him away and rubbing at my cheek.

"Ew, Jeremiah!"

He giggles and then his face drops at the smirk slowly growing on my face. He quickly turns around and starts running away.

And I chase after him.

✧ ✦ ✧

WE'RE ALL AROUND the dining table eating dinner, and I can't help but feel that there's a sense of hope that fills the air.

Susannah agreed to do the cancer trials, and I can't be happier. And I know everyone else can't either. For the first time in two years, at this exact moment, everything that has been weighing down on me has been lifted and is replaced by this lightness.

It's such an overwhelming but joyous feeling, and I absolutely cannot stop myself from grinning through the entire dinner, so much so that my cheeks hurt.

When everyone's done eating and we all help clean up, I find myself slipping out of the house to sit on the steps of the front porch. The sun has just set, the pinks of the sky slowly being blended into the purples and blues.

It hasn't even been a few minutes when I feel a presence behind me move forward to sit right beside me.

I turn my head to find Jeremiah already staring at me, a soft smile tugging at his lips. He scoots closer so that our thighs are fully pressed against each other, our hips touching. His arm snakes around my waist and pulls me into his side.

"Hi," I say quietly, lifting my hand to his face.

His smile slowly drops and his eyes turn dark when his gaze trails down to my mouth. His hand comes up and his thumb and index finger pinch my chin to bring it closer to him.

And then his mouth is on mine. Soft and demanding all at once. I sigh into his mouth and reach my hand back to tug on his hair. I feel his smile against my lips, and it makes me smile. Suddenly, we're smiling too wide and can't even keep our mouths pressed together.

Our foreheads rest together as he rubs my cheekbone with his thumb and smiles down at me. It's a different kind of smile. A new one. One I've never seen on him before, and I find that it's already my favorite.

Because it's mine, and mine only.

He pecks my lips once and then sighs, "It's you."

Distracted, I whisper, "What?"

He looks over me with affectionate eyes.

"I love you, Ellie."

My breath catches in my throat. My eyes widen a little. I don't know how to respond.

"I should have realized it sooner," he continues, looking a little remorseful. "I thought I liked Belly, but I didn't. I never did. I have always loved you. I think I realized back when you were dating that dipshit, but I didn't want to believe it because I didn't want to ruin anything. Your friendship meant everything to me, means everything to me. Shit, I'm so sorry for being such an asshole. I was such a fucking prick."

Slowly, the corners of my mouth tug up, but I still don't say anything.

"And I don't know if you meant it when you said you loved me at the tournament. God, I hope you meant it. Because I don't know what I would do if you didn't—"

I cut him off by placing my lips on his again.

It's several moments before we break away, grinning at each other like fucking clowns.

"You really think I didn't mean it?" I ask.

His grin grows wider and he shakes his head.

"I love you," I tell him just so that there are no misunderstandings. "I have always loved you."

He kisses me again and smiles so brightly it almost hurts to look at.

"I'm half a heart without you," he says.

I blink. "Did you just quote One Direction?"

He grins. "What if I did?"

I laugh and then move so that my hands reach his stomach and my fingers start wiggling to tickle him. He lets out a low scream and starts laughing.

"Ellie! You fucker."

I giggle maniacally and then squeal when he pulls me off of him and hugs me to his chest, my head tucked underneath his chin and my face in his chest. I sigh, melting into him as he strokes my head and kisses my hair.

After a while, he clears his throat.

"So, just to be clear, we're dating now, right? I'm your boyfriend? You're my girlfriend?"

I look up at him and glare. "No, dumbass. We admitted we're in love with each other for no fucking reason at all."

He rolls his eyes but has a smile on his face. "Shut up."

And then he presses his lips to my cheek, to my jaw, to my nose, to my head, to my mouth.

And I know I'm home.

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲 !

the end.

half a heart is officially complete!! i honestly don't think i would've finished this story if you guys hadn't voted and commented. your comments made my entire day, and i'm so insanely grateful to all of you for encouraging me to keep writing. thank you all so so so so so so sooo much for reading this story!! i love you guys so much!

i'm going to publish my sirius black short story soon, so if you're interested, keep a look out! it should probably be up by tmrw.

if you have any specific people you want fics for, comment them here!!

love you all and wish you the best - anna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

545 33 7
jeremiah fisher was never a ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ๐—ฟ to selena meadows โŽฏโœผโŽฏ { jeremiah fisher x fem!oc } { season 1 } { book 1/3 } 2024 ยฉeltheria
173K 3.9K 45
โ› this love is good, this love is bad. this love is alive, back from the dead. these hands had to let it go free, and this love came back to me. โœ ...
42.1K 440 17
Cassidy Conklin has been going to Cousins beach ever since she could remember, with her little sister Belly, her twin brother Steven, and her mom. Th...
34.4K 1.5K 23
we were born to be the pawn, in every lover's game. in which she loves him, but he hates her. [ jeremiah fisher x fem!oc ] [ based on tv show ]