ℂ𝕒𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕒 | H.S |

By hsdiaries

I lowered myself to my knees, biting my lip softly as I felt him walk up behind me. He brought his arm around... More

prologue - good girl
one - you're so vain
two - truth or dare
three - bigger plans
four - carolina townes
five - manners
six - please
seven - edward & bella
eight - beautiful butterfly
nine - learning
ten - maple
eleven - sir
twelve - i don't do that
fourteen - euphoria
fifteen - she knows
sixteen - i swear
seventeen - moral compass
eighteen - cocaine
nineteen - baby
twenty - trying
twenty one - no rules
twenty two - 14 february
twenty three - sabatoge
twenty four - niall horan
twenty five - timing
twenty six - jezebel's
twenty seven - regret
twenty eight - never ever
twenty nine - two of us
thirty - the townes
thirty one - watermelon sugar
thirty two - benny
thirty three - eight letters
thirty four - she feels so good
thirty five - proposal
thirty six - jeff & aileen
thirty seven - i can't do this
thirty eight - disneyland
thirty nine - camille
forty - in the first place
forty one - the love of my life
forty two - chances
forty three - the temp
forty four - golden
forty five - the album
forty six - rsvp
forty seven - the party
forty eight - one condition
forty nine - the end
NEW BOOK LIVE
UPDATE
UPDATE NEW STORY
ALMOST YOU
sneak peek : upcoming book
house of stone : coming soon
Hiiii Carolina Babes,

thirteen - happy birthday

4K 58 12
By hsdiaries

Harry was out of town for the next few days, I hardly talked to him due to the different time zones, but before he left, I had moved my stuff into the guest room at his house. I would be spending most of my time here, and we only had a week and a half left in London anyway, we both felt it right. The night I moved in, we didn't sleep together, and I didn't enter his room at all. I couldn't help but want to keep that previous last night together sacred. Him holding me, us just sharing small conversation.

Now that he had been gone for long though, I craved him. I couldn't wait for him to come home. I was up early, checking on the sourdough bread I had been working on, it was finally in the baking process and I was so excited to see the final product.

I whipped together butter, honey and a little bit of brown sugar in a small bowl, placing it in the fridge to cool for when the bread was ready. Macy walked in and smiled at me, "Hi Townes."

"Hey Mace! It's almost ready, come peek at it, it's looking perfect!" I called her over and we looked through the small oven window.

"I felt like we were never going to get to this point." She smiled at me and I nodded.

"I know, I made some whipped butter for it too, a recipe my granny taught me."

I watched as Macy pulled out two white coffee mugs and started making this chai latte from scratch that I had become addicted too. I loved the way it tasted, the way it smell. It gave such a beautiful warm feeling through my soul.

"Do you know if Harry will be back in time for his birthday?" I heard Macy ask me and I peeked up at her. I felt slightly confused and she could tell, "His birthday is Saturday. I couldn't remember if he's coming back tomorrow night, or Saturday night."

"Oh, I had no idea. He's supposed to be back tomorrow night, well, I guess on his birthday, because it's technically Saturday already. Because he's getting here at 1am, on his birthday." I kept emphasizing his birthday, more for me than Macy.

"Townes, he hates his birthday. Don't feel bad for not knowing." She smiled small, "I always prep something small for him, keep it simple, and end it with a small vanilla cupcake. No candle."

"No candle? A cupcake? Who wants to celebrate their birthday like that?"

"Harry, actually." She smiled at me, going to the fridge to grab the almond milk and pouring a bit in each cup. She placed mine next to me, I hopped up on the counter before picking up my cup and taking a sip. I closed my eyes at the taste and smiled.

"So, why doesn't he like birthdays?" I asked.

"NDA, Townes."

"Pleeeeease." I pouted and she rolled her eyes.

"You're used to getting your way aren't you?" She looked at me sternly and I laughed. Macy was only three years older than me, but she treated me in a very motherly way that I actually appreciated.

"He and his girlfriend, they broke up that day, two birthdays ago. On his 25th. It was bad. He was planning on proposing that night."

"What?" I said, trying to replay in my mind who he had been linked to in the media.

"He changed, since then. I had just started working for him, so I saw the change happen. He trusts me Townes." She said, Harry's one condition playing over in my head.

"I know, he really does. I won't say anything. I promise." I held out my pink and she pushed it away causing me to laugh.

"I don't need that I trust you." She smiled at me.

"Sooo, he would be very upset if we made a nice dinner for him, and a whole cake, and invited the band?" I said, sipping my chai, my eyes peeking at her over the cup.

"Townes."

"Macy."

We both stared at each other and I shrugged, "I mean, technically, you can't tell me he doesn't like birthdays, or well, like the real reason why. So I could simply ignore you and say you're lying. Because I'm stubborn. And he knows that."

The oven timer went off before she could say anything and I placed my cup down, jumping off, the counter to pull out the bread. I grabbed the oven mitts and put them on, pulling the bread out. Macy put out some pot holders on the counter for me to place it on. I smiled big, it smelled and looked amazing. I snapped a quick picture sending it to my grandma.

"Who would come?" Macy said, and I glanced up at her with big eyes, "Just the band right?"

"And maybe....Anne....and Gemma. If someone can help me figure out their number?" I bit my lip and she took a deep breath.

"This was all your idea, Townes."

"Basically threatened you to help." I smirked and she rolled her eyes.

"Alright, I need a grocery list, and I'll call Anne and Gemma. We will plan everything out, but first, let's try this bread."

The next day we planned everything out. Macy called Anne and Gemma and got them onboard. Gemma agreed to get Harry out of the house for a few hours, and thankfully he agreed to their plans.

Macy and I decided on his favorite cream pasta that she made, and we would have shrimp and chicken as side options for everyone. I bought a few decorations, trying not to overdue it, Sarah agreeing to come help me decorate the next day.

Later that night, I stood in the kitchen, finishing Harry's cake. I had made a round four layered cake, and was working on the icing, piping on "Happy Birthday Harry" on the top.

Macy walked in, her purse around her shoulder, "Wow, is there anything you can't do?" She said, leaning and admiring my cake.

I smiled and shrugged, "There are some benefits to my mother having groomed me into the perfect wife at such a young age." I chuckled, "The irony being, not a single woman in high society ever actually lifts a finger."

Macy laughed and nodded, "That is true. I was going to head out for the night, you okay?"

"Yeah, go, go! I'm almost done and going to stick it in the fridge. Might wait up for Harry." I smiled and she nodded. I watched her search my face, a weird smile on hers.

"What?" I said, placing down the icing.

"He's just been, in a good mood since you came around. He tends to, not exactly stay consistent with his women. So, I just, I hope you're a constant." She said, before turning away to leave.

I bit my and looked down at the cake, quickly shaking the thought from my head.

I told you. I don't do that. I do things....this way.

I heard his voice say, and picked up the cake putting it away. Soon I would be on my way out, and someone else would be on their way in. I cleaned up and made my way upstairs quickly to grab a blanket and a book before making my way back downstairs.

I settled on the couch and began reading my book, checking the time. I could last until 2am when I figured he would finally be home. I managed to read three chapter coherently before I fell asleep.

I felt a soft kiss on my cheek, and as I peeked open my eyes I heard his voice, "Townes, let's get you to bed, come on."

I shook my head and moved the blanket higher on my face causing him to laugh softly. He stood up and picked me up in his arms, making his way upstairs. We got to the guest room, and he put me down, using one knee on the bed to place me in the middle. He moved to leave and I grabbed his arm, "Technically, you're on the bed. You know the rules."

He laughed and shook his head, "Well I'm breaking the rule tonight, you can punish me later." He smirked playfully, "I have to shower and rest, I have plans with Gemma tomorrow during the day, but I'll see you after okay?"

I nodded and smiled, closing my eyes until I fell asleep.

By the time I woke up the next day, Macy was already hard at work and Harry had left for the day with Gemma.

"I'm sorry Mace, I didn't mean to oversleep." I said walking over to the sink to wash my hands. I was a mess having only brushed my teeth, but I didn't want to waste anymore time.

"It's okay. What do you want to cook?" She smiled at me and I grabbed the chicken.

"I'll do this, my specialty honestly, I always overcook my shrimp." I scrunched my nose and she laughed.

I prepped my chicken, and grilled it a bit before adding it to a baking sheet to let it bake the rest of the way. Sarah got there shortly after and we began placing the bits of decorations I bought. I sat on the floor blowing up some balloons as Sarah hung them.

"You are brave my friend, Harry is always so strict about no birthdays." She said, analyzing her work and reaching for another balloon.

"I figured with you all there, he won't be as mad? Hopefully?" I shrugged cleaning up as I handed her the last balloon, "Mace can you take the chicken out please?" I called out and she called back saying yes.

"Let's hope so." Sarah smiled down at me, jumping off the chair she stood on.

She helped me up and we glanced around at our work, smiling, "Well, maybe the pretty decorations will soften him up."

I giggled and she shook her head, "Alright, I'm going to go home and get ready. See you tonight!"

I finished running the round brush blow dryer through my hair, smoothing out my curls making me realize I really needed a hair cut. I pushed my hair behind my ears and smiled at my reflection. I tried with my make up today, and threw on a nightgown like dress, the silky material feeling nice against my skin. My phone went off and I quickly moved over to grab it.

M: everyone is here and Gemma said they are ten minutes away!

T: on my way down!

I quickly threw on my black converse and made my way down the stairs, and into the dining room.

"Townes you look like a babe!" Pauli called out and I blushed, waving him off.

"Oh stop it." I laughed walking over and giving him a big hug. I greeted everyone, ending with Anne.

"He's going to fight it, but I bet you he's going to be so happy dear." She said, pulling away and smiling at me.

"I really hope so." I bit my lip and then turned to everyone, "Umm, so I think we should all just be seated when he gets here. I feel like if we are all standing and ambush him that way it might, not go as planned. I don't know. I'm nervous now."

Sarah chuckled and looked up at Mitch, "What do you think baby?"

"Um, I think he'll actually feel better if we are standing or hanging in the living room. So he can approach the situation with like introductions." He smiled at me, reassuring me and I nodded.

"Alright, well, let me get you all drinks then. I made Palomas, grapefruit and tequila, felt very Harry. I'll be back." I left to make the drinks quickly, my bartending skills coming in handy. I made sure to have one ready for Gemma and Harry as well.

I finished pouring the drinks as I heard someone call out my name, "Townes, hurry, they are pulling up."

I added everything to a tray and carefully carried them over, thankful when they met me and grabbed one each. Everyone either took a seat or stood around.

I could feel my heart pounding in my throat, and I stood close to Macy, wrapping my arm around hers and she chuckled, "Remember, all your idea." She teased and I glared at her as we heard the door open.

Harry and Gemma could be heard walking in and laughing, and when they rounded the corner, we all said, "Surprise."

Harry's eyes went slightly wide, and he immediately turned to look at Mitch, who pointed at me. Harry turned his gaze to me, and there was no emotion on it, everyone in the room was silent. I swallowed softly, and cleared my throat, "I found out it was your birthday, and I wouldn't drop it, and I forced all of them here. It's just dinner and a cake.....and like ten balloons."

I bit my lip and I felt relief course through me when his face softened, he looked around, "Well good thing I'm hungry. But no singing bullshit please." He said and we all laughed and nodded in agreement.

He started saying hi to everyone and Gemma made her way over to me, "Nice to meet you Townes, he loves this, he's just being a hard ass."

"Nice to meet you too, thank you. One of those two drinks is yours on the table." I smiled and she nodded before moving to say hi to her mom.

Macy moved to the kitchen to finish serving everything up, leaving me standing alone. I watched as Harry said hi to everyone, before finally reaching me. He hugged me, pulling me tight against him, and he whispered softly in my ear, "My room, tonight."

He let go of me and I nodded, stretching my neck softly, "Um, the drink, on the table is yours."

"Thank you." He said, he reached out and ran his finger softly along my cheek.

I smiled as Macy came out of the dining area, "Dinner is served everyone."

We all sat around the table, I sat next to Harry across from his mom and sister. The small dinner party was lively and everyone seemed to be having a good time, even Harry.

Everyone shared their funny stories with Harry, and what their first impression was of him. When they got to me I looked at Harry and then at everyone, "Well, I thought he was a smug ass." I shrugged and everyone laughed including Anne.

As I saw everyone finishing their dinner, I excused myself to the kitchen to grab the cake. I opened the utensils cabinet and pulled out the single gold candle I had bought. I wasn't sure yet if I was putting it on, but I figured I had done this much, I might as well.

I placed the candle in the middle of the cake, and lit it quickly, carrying the cake out. Everyone turned to look at me as I entered, then at Harry, everyone seemed to be waiting for his reaction.

"I know you said no singing, but, Happy Birthday, Harry. Another year older." I placed it in front of him, biting my lip softly.

"She made the entire thing herself by the way." Macy said, and I turned to her smiling.

"Really?" Harry said and I turned to him and nodded.

"All four layers and the icing too." I said and he smiled, biting his lip softly. He leaned forward and blew out the candle, not breaking eye contact with me.

"Thank you." I nodded and he turned to everyone else, "Really, thank you everyone. And thank you for not making it excessive." He chuckled and so did everyone else.

When everyone was done eating, Macy and I excused everyone to the living room with a slice of cake as we began cleaning up. Macy kept trying to send me away, but seeing as this was very much my idea, I refused to not help.

As we were putting things away and washing the dishes, Harry came into the kitchen. I turned to the sink to wash dishes, feeling slightly nervous.

"Macy, could you excuse us for a second?" I heard him say.

"Of course, I'm going to see if they want more cake." She said. I heard her footsteps, then his as they moved closer to me. He softly pulled my hair back over my left shoulder, and I knew what he was looking for. He tucked it back and leaned in kissing my butterfly tattoo.

"Thank you, Townes." He said, against it, placing another soft kiss on it, causing me to place the plate down loudly in the sink. He chuckled a bit, and slipped his hands around my waist, "What's wrong Townes? Is this a sensitive area?" His breath against it truly making me feel weak, and I was surprised by the soft bite he pressed against it. I licked my lips at how such attention to a small area was making me feel.

He pressed his body onto mine, my back arching slightly against his. He moved his hands along my stomach, fisting my dress into balls of fabric.

"Harry, your mom is right out there." I said, breathy, biting my lip.

"I know, it's the fun of it. Like if we are teenagers again. Will we get caught?" He whispered, biting on my butterfly again, sucking on it softly. The area under my ear where it was felt like it was radiating fire to all the proper areas.

"Harry..." I felt myself plead and he chuckled.

"Okay, okay." He kissed it softly before slipping off of me, "I'll save it for tonight."

I finally turned to look at him, and he smiled small. My cheeks felt so flushed, and I worked to even out my breath.

"You look beautiful, by the way. I like your hair like that." He smiled, before turning and walking away without another word.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 56 10
Alexis was always gifted ever since her birth. For Alexis her life has never been easy. Always running from different places due to her not being acc...
290K 13.9K 93
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...
487K 5.3K 104
despite being a popular singer, ariana has an unhealthy obsession with harry styles. what happens when her ultimate celebrity crush finally notices h...
31.4K 622 63
"one day i'll come into your world and make it right." After Harry leaves without notice or saying goodbye, Olivia is shattered, but what happens whe...