Messing with the Middle

By _KingWolfie_

Sasuke is back and boy does he have a long list of issues that need to be solved. Itachi needs to be saved, M... More

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
First things First
To Itachi
Dealing With Isobu
Improvement
The Jinchuriki's
Jinchuriki Hunting
Happy accident
Hunting the Team
Meeting the Traitor
Preparing
The battle
Long awaited meeting
Off to Suna
The Sweet Lie
The bitter truth
Lapse of Anger
Close Call
One Promise Kept
One step closer
A cry for help
Battle of Konoha
Merry Christmas
The Calm
The Peace
The Storm
Wins, Ties and Loss
Hell hath no Fury
Team 7 Reunited
All wars end
A Day

What could've been?

2.6K 130 63
By _KingWolfie_

Hinata wasn't quite sure how to explain what she was seeing. She knew she died, that much was obvious. She had a feeling Sasuke and Naruto were still alive so that's all that mattered.

There was a brief moment of darkness before something akin to a screen appeared before her. She saw herself? As a child, a very young child, about 7 to 8 if she had to guess.

Was this her life flashing before her eyes?

She watched as her young self figit with a small box in hand. She watched her slowly head over to a certain Uchiha who looked dead on his feet.

Ah, she remembered this, this was the start of her relationship with Sasuke.

Only this time when young her handed the Uchiha the box, he didn't accept, he didn't hug her, she didn't make a new friend. No. Sasuke glared at her, he grew angry, he threw the bento box away and she watched as her younger self ran from the Uchiha.

What was this? She was pretty sure she would remember if that had happened. The scene changed. There was snow on the ground. She watched as a group of boys bullied her younger self.

She remembered this too, Sasuke came and helped her... only Sasuke never came. No it was Naruto who rushed out of the bushes and charged the boys head first. She watched him lose but saw Naruto hand the young Hyuga his red scarf....

What is this? What is happening? More scenes like this continued to show.

She watched as she was placed in team 8 with Kiba and Shino instead of team 7. She watched as Neji continued to bully her, she watched as she lost the Chunin exams, as she was borderline obsessed with Naruto.

But this wasn't her life.

It continued, she watched herself grow up, she still died to Pein but she came back, she watched as she was dragged into a war, as Team 7 saved the day once again. She even watched her and Naruto get married. Have two kids, but she wasn't happy.

Hinata was weirded out. What was this? This wasn't her life, a life without Sasuke it just looked.... odd. She wanted to go back to her life, the one with Sasuke, Gaara, Haku and Naruto. The one where she has a crush on sasuke, the one that feels right.

Then slowly everything changed.

It was her life... she was with Sasuke, she saw the life she remembered. She saw herself much older, about early 40s, she saw her with 7? Kids, with Sasuke smiling.

Do you want what could have been? Or what will be?

Who said that? Hinata looked around, she payed careful attention to see if she could hear anything. The voice was deep, unnaturally so. It was scratchy and left an echo after every word.

Well?

It continued.

"I want to be with Sasuke," She answered sternly. She wanted to be with the man she loved. And while Naruto was a fun person he was her brother more than her lover.

The voice chuckled. It sounded amused as if they expected no less.

Very well, look after him.

She was blinded by the sudden brightness. She pushed the white blanket off her face and sat up grasping her head. She looked around and saw other civilians and Ninja alike doing the same.

Hinata looked around, there was no sign of Sasuke or Naruto. Heck even Haku wasn't around. Did Sasuke leave? After she died Did he just leave? No, she knew him better than that.

Standing up on wobbly legs, she looked like a new born deer.

"You're alive!?" A voice yelled.

Hinata looked over and saw a girl with glasses and red hair. Next to her stood a man with white hair and sharp teeth on one side, on the other was a broad man with unruly orange hair.

"Holy shit, how!?" The white haired man yelled.

"Suigetsu, Karin calm down. For now we should tell Sasuke and Haku the good news," The orange haired man said.

"No need," Karin said as she looked over the Hyuga's shoulder.

Hinata blinked, she turned around and saw Sasuke frozen. He had tears running down his cheeks and shock filled his face. Before she could blink she was tackled into a tight hug.

She just barely caught herself, but Sasuke didn't care. Looking over his shoulder she saw Naruto doing the same to Ino. The Uchiha picked her up and spun her a few times before he started laughing the tears away.

"I'm so sorry hime," He whispered.

Hinata gave her Uchiha a soft smile and hugged him back. The two stood like that for a while. It was like the world had gone silent just for them.

The world had gone blank and in that moment, only she mattered. It was them against the world.

Yes... this was the life she wanted.

A life without Sasuke, now who would want that.

She pulled back gently and looked up at the wet eyed Uchiha. She gave him a soft smile, one that revealed exactly how she felt.

Sasuke smiled, he wiped his left over tears away, and cupped her face gently in his hands as if to reassure himself thay she was alive and well. He even went as far as to put his ear to her heart just to make sure.

A steady beat was heard and that was all the confirmation he needed. Pulling her closer he pulled her into a heart felt kiss. He had hoped that it revealed everything to her, just how much he loved her, just how tightly she held his heart.

Hinata was rightfully shocked, her face burned bright red but she returned the sentiment nonetheless.  When they broke apart Sasuke held her tightly once more. It was the knowledge that she was in his arms, safe from the shinobi world that kept him sane in that moment.

"Forgive me hime," Sasuke quietly begged.

Now wasn't that something, not many people could say they had an uchiha beg them for forgiveness.

She tightened the hug and gave him a kiss on the cheek to pull him out of his self loathing state. She made sure she caught his eyes before answering.

"Always," She whispered.

Sasuke felt like he could cry all over again.

Oh how he loved his Hyuga.

"Please... never leave me alone again," He begged once more.

Hinata giggled. "Oh my silly Uchiha, I could never..."

This was it. No more running away, he would fix the future with his hime secured in his arms.

Kami protect those who try to pull her away from him.

*****

Sakura heaved. She took deep and heavy breaths. 30 minutes. Its the longest she can hold on to her body for. She pulled out a small mirror and looked at her eyes.

They were a bright Emerald green. She could see the darkness seeping through, but not enough. She and inner had been fighting for so long she didn't know what day it was. She didn't know what major event was next.

"I have to warn Sasuke, or Naruto anyone," Sakura panicked. The only issue was that she didn't have any summons, nor a hawk. She could send a warning she would need to find someone.

How the hell could she do this when she only has 30 minutes. She would have to let inner take over. She would need to wait for the perfect moment. She had to get this perfect.

Believe it or not she didn't want to die nor did she want to kill anyone. Sure she was a little jealous of Hinata as a child but she never thought it was strong enough to want to kill the Hyuga. Not after allthe threats Sasuke sent her way.

At that point Sakura wanted Hinata to take Sasuke. Maybe she would mellow him out. Yet here she was, in the middle of the woods, branded as a traitor, and literally fighting herself for control.

This was not the life Sakura had envisioned. She wanted to be respected not hated, she wanted to find love not chase all chances away, she wanted to go home.

"How the hell are you haply with this..." Sakura growled, tears fell down her cheeks as she clenched her fists. "How could this be the life you want, on the run, hated, hunted like some dog to be put down. How could this possibly be the life you wanted?..." She still got no response. She glared at the silence, she shook in anger. "ANSWER ME!!"

She slammed her fist into a tree destroying it. Tears continued to flow down her cheeks as she glared up at the sky as if it were inner.

I do this for us...

Sakura grew angrier at that answer if it was even possible. She grabbed her head. "GO TO HELL!" She shouted more angry tears flowed. "I don't want this! I've never wanted this!" She sobbed as she yelled to the sky. It was as if she wanted god to answer pleas instead of inner. She dropped to her knees as she fell into a state of hopelessness. "I just want to go home, I miss Ino, I miss, Kurenai sensei, I miss my family, I miss my friends... I miss my village..." Sakura's voice got lower with each sentence.

I do this for us.

Inner repeated.

"No... you don't." Sakura grumbled. She looked at her mirror and watched the darkness take over, her green eyes were no longer as bright. It was being swalled by the darkness. She crushed the mirror and gave an annoyed growl. "I hate you,"

The darkness took over as inner stood up. She brushed the dirt off her and sighed. No longer was her face covered in a maniacal grin. She stared at the crushed mirror peices. A feeling a pure hatred filled her as she looked at herself.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Yeah... I know,"

______________________________________

I'm over a week late, but happy new years. Hope you guys had great days celebrating.

It's a little short I know but I wanted a fluff chaot but also some angst, so this was what you got.

Fun fact: while writing Hinata's and Sasuke's kissing scene I was listening to Golden hour and it was beautiful ngl.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

Ja ne!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.6K 30
Sequel to Forbidden (ItaSaku) - Book 1 Her heart was wrecked and her world was crushed by the only man that she ever truly loved. She remained an emp...
182K 8.3K 34
It's been two years since the Danzo incident. Two whole years since the members of Team 7 have had any interaction with one another. But when an emer...
12.4K 372 31
Naruto and Sasuke has had their first child, Menma. The story continues with that haha! I am bad at writing story info and I don't even know what I...
21.5K 599 20
Kabuto foresaw the Izanami. He knew this would happen. But he did not like to lose. That is why, he had a backup. A plan to destroy everything. Now...