My captor

Por Mksvsp

I had met him 5 years ago for the first time, I didn't know who he was. I didn't know his name. I couldn't ev... Mais

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
Author's note.
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26

CHAPTER 14

709 25 8
Por Mksvsp

My eyes goes from Sofia who is sitting beside me in the car to Luca who is sitting in the passenger seat and finally settling on Arthur who is driving the car.

When they got to know that I have to go to my old apartment in order to get my things and essentials, all of them got protective even though I'm elder than Sofia and Luca.

Much to my luck, Arthur had to be there the time I said I'm going to my old apartment. Now I'm sitting with these three in a car with one other car following us to make sure everything is okay and be ready in unexpected situations.

Mia wanted to come along with us but she had school which she was not missing at any cost. Though I know she doesn't focus in class, her attendance is very bad and she may have to repeat the year if she takes any more holidays.

Deja vu hits me the moment we are driving by the place the kidnapping took place at. Feeling a hand on mine, I glance down and see Sofia's hand. She probably knows. I place my hand on hers and smile softly to let her know I'm alright.

But Sofia can see through me like I'm transparent so she doesn't buy it.

In the passenger seat, Luca tries to connect his phone to the car so he can play songs because according to him the songs the radio channel was playing were--and I quote--'Too boring and old to vibe to.'

I did not bother telling him that the channel playing was of classical and old songs. Now it's been five minutes since he has been trying to connect his phone to the car and it's kinda funny as well. At least it has been taking my mind off everything that's going on.

The plan of my escape is all done. The only thing I'm worried about is Arthur and how he would or might feel betrayed. All he'd think was I didn't feel safe enough to come to him with this problem but he would be wrong.

Well I'm also worried about me getting caught but I have a solid plan, or at least that is what I'd like to believe.

Calculating all possibilities is the only thing that will save me from getting caught. I will need to be at least ten steps ahead of everyone.

"Yes fucking finally!" Luca yells in the car when the phone finally get's connected. Arthur ignores Luca and Sofia laughs.

The phone buzzes in my hand indicating I got a notification.

As much as I want to ignore it right now, I simply cannot. It may be something important, maybe an important mail from one of my sensible clients or it may be Mia texting me needing my help with something.

But it's neither of that.

It's a random notification from the News app.

My gaze goes out the window just as I see a bakery come closer.

"Stop, stop," I rush out and the car abruptly stops.

"What's wrong?" Arthur asks in a panicked voice. Him and Luca takes out their guns and I feel stupid suddenly.

"Amanda's bakery," I say in a small voice like a kid in trouble.

Arthur's hard eyes soften immediately and a confused expression takes place on Luca's place.

Everyone unbuckles their belts the moment Arthur parks the car and we all get out of the car, going towards Amanda's bakery.

Amanda's bakery is owned by one of the sweetest people I have met on this godforsaken planet. It was the day my boyfriend had broken up with me. I was roaming around the street angrily and breaking down from time to time. That's when I had stumbled across Amanda's.

Since then it had became one of my absolute favourite place to visit and a place to escape to from home or my apartment when needed.

The bell on the door rings when we enter the bakery, the heavenly smell of the goods hits me. It's a pretty small bakery. It's dimly lit but thats the aesthetic and the vibe of the place, certainly the main thing that attracted me here.

Amanda has her back to us right now since she is taking something out of the oven. "Welcome to Amanda's Bakery!" Her soft voice greets with her back at us.

She is only a couple of years elder than me and she inherited this bakery from her mother. Both, Amanda's sister and Amanda run it right now but her sister isn't present here as much.

She sets the tray on the counter and turns to us, her eyes widen upon seeing me and she runs towards me before eloping me into a giant bear hug. Let's just say it's been quite long since I have been here.

"Ella!" She gasps near my ear.

I chuckle softly. "Amanda!" I greet her but it comes out muffled.

She finally pulls back, a huge smile on her face as she looks at me. Her gaze moves over to Sofia and she hugs her for a moment too. She looks over at Arthur and waves with a sweet smile.

Her blue eyes land on Luca and she looks back at me with a look I know all too well. "Oh no."

"When were you gonna tell me?" She teases but I shake my head. Before I can say anything, Arthur beats me to it.

"Tell you what?"

"That Ells has a new boyfriend," she says pointing towards Luca and I shut my eyes tightly. I wanna laugh. So I laugh.

"I am not her boyfriend," Luca gets defensive suddenly. "She is my sister-in-law!"

Amanda's eyes widen even more. Fuck, Luca! I shoot him a glare but he's too busy looking around the bakery.

"Sister-in-law?! You got married?" I can hear excitement but even a little sadness in her tone. Sadness because of course she's like my elder sister and who doesn't invite their elder sister to their wedding?

"No, no," I try to keep my calm and address this situation. "He's not my anything—it's a little complicated."

"Oh," she says, now confused.

"I-," I start again but I'm cut off by Sofia.

"Well she came here to actually tell you that She got engaged and want you at her wedding," Sof says with a little smile and Amanda's mouth stretches into a big one.

She again hugs me tightly. "Congratulations on your engagement, Ells."

I nod against her and she pulls back breaking the hug. Amanda takes a hold of my hand and pulls me to the back of the counter with her.

We all place our orders and I pay for the food. Though she doesn't let me, saying that it's a treat from her for my engagement. I let her think the goodies are on her while I slip the cash in her apron.

Knowing how much she is struggling right now, I couldn't have let her pay for me.

My gaze goes over to all the heavenly goods that are here. My mouth waters at the sight and I am unable to move my eyes.

There is so much variety. Chocolate chip muffin, vanilla cupcakes with raspberries on top, donuts, tarts—so many tarts and I love everything else that's here as well.

I have tried everything Amanda makes and sells. This is my comfort place in the city when I need to get out of the apartment or when I needed to get out of the mansion.

The week of my breakup, most of the time I was here at Amanda's bakery. I had tried almost everything and there was not a single that I felt like wasn't good.

Amanda hands us our orders and we make the way to the car.

I got donuts with chocolate filled inside it. Sofia got the strawberry tart, she has been here before and the strawberry tart is her go-to anytime.

Luca couldn't decide what he wanted more so he got two things. Butter croissant and chocolate chip muffin. The chocolate chip muffin here is really good but if they are compared with the ones I had in New York—honestly nothing can be compared to the ones I had in New York. They are the best thing to ever exist.

Arthur didn't really want to buy anything but I convinced him and made him get some blue berry cheesecake. Which is right now sitting abandon as he is driving.

Luca take a huge bite of his croissant before connecting his phone to the speakers and playing music.

All of us vibe to the music from time to time while eating these things which belong is heaven.

In the matter of ten seconds, we reach the building and exit the car.

"Miss Byrne," the guard, Mike, at the door smiles softly and nods. I do the same thing. All of us make our way to the elevator.

Once everyone is inside, I press the button to my floor and soft elevator music starts playing.

This is one of the most safe and secured building in Chicago. Arthur, himself, chose this for me and I trust his choice very much so without second thought I got an apartment here.

It's quite a huge building. The floor I live on is somewhere between the middle and the top. Which means it takes more than a minute to reach there.

The door of the elevator opens with a ping sound and we all get out. I stalk towards my apartment but before I can unlock it, Luca takes the keys from my hand and does it himself.

He puts a hand up, telling us not to move inside and goes in first, his gun in his hand. A few minutes later he comes out and shows a thumbs up.

I try not to roll my eyes. "I know you all are very protective of me but come on, I can protect myself."

"Yeah, that's why you got kidnapped," Arthur deadpans, brushing past me to go inside the apartment. This time I do roll my eyes.

"I shot one of them and plunged my heel into another," I defend myself.

"Yet you still got kidnapped."

This time I do not reply with anything and brush past him towards my bedroom. I pull out a black suitcase from underneath my bed and take it with me to the closet. Since I am planning on running away, I won't be taking much with me but only a few essentials.

Though I need to pretend to get a lot of my things so neither Arthur nor Luca gets suspicious.

* * *

My phone pings from somewhere underneath all the clothes and accessories on my bed right now. Shoving all the clothes out of the way, I try to find the phone.

Finally it ends up being on top of my pillow, near Mia. I sign out loud when I look at the name of the person who texted me.

Matteo:
How's everything over there?

Me:
Do you want something?

Matteo:
Yes, I want to talk to you.

I groan out loud, capturing Mia's attention who is sitting by me and reading her school book.

Me:
Not possible at the moment, try again later.

Matteo:
Do I need an appointment to talk to my own wife now?

Anger bubbles inside me.

Me:
I'm not your wife.

Matteo:
Only a matter for 12 days now.

Me:
Only a matter of tonight because if I'm your wife anywhere, it will be in your dreams and nowhere else.

"Damn, Ells," I startle and jump slightly at Mia's voice.

"Wha-- are you peeping in my phone!?" I ask in disbelief.

She nods her head. "Sure am. My life is boring as fuck, might as well enjoy the drama in yours."

A grimace expression takes place on my face and Mia laughs at me. She kisses my cheek before getting off the bed and leaving the room.

Matteo leaves me on delivered so I get back to work.

I grab a bag from my closet and start packing for the escape. I have decided to leave during to the evening, near the time when sun sets. The only things I can take with me are things that will be absolutely essential.

Arthur had made some fake IDs and passports for us in case of emergencies and since it's an emergency, I take one of the ID with me. I grab the cash I had kept in case of rainy days. It's nearly fifty thousand. It won't last me very long but I'll manage.

Obviously I will not use my credit card since it can be tracked back to me which I absolutely do not want.

Quickly I shove in everything I want inside the bag and make sure to keep the phone as away from me as possible. I will be taking it with me though but that's a part of my plan.

The phone can be traced back to me but it can also be used to divert everyone from me. I will leave the phone with Mia when she goes to the bookstore. If anyone in that time period realises that I am missing and tracks the phone, they will find it at the bookstore or wherever Mia is.

Telling my sisters where I am planning to escape to is out of the box. I simply need to hide this from them or they can be questioned about where I am.

Finally I finish packing the bag and hide it under the bed. Just as I am about to leave my room for the kitchen and get some eatables for me, my phone pings again.

Matteo:
Sorry I disappeared. Had some business to take care of.

Even though it's a text, I shudder at the word business.

Me:
Hmm.

Matteo:
I will be sending an agent tomorrow who will ask you about your preferences and what you would like at the wedding.

Ha. I won't even be here tomorrow.

Me:
Okay. I have to go now.

Matteo:
Bye. Take care.

I throw my phone on the bed and go to the kitchen to get the food that will probably keep me alive before sending emails to all my clients about me quitting.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

398K 8.8K 75
• BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES • Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...
1.1K 18 11
This isn't really a love story... ~~~~~ "Hey! What the fuck is wrong with you? You can clearly see I'm upset!" He looks over to me and smirks. "You l...
65K 1.3K 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...
563K 12.1K 38
She hated them. They loved her with everything in them. The universe truly has a sick way of telling you it's there, doesn't it? From being kidnapp...