neighbor boy | ginny and geor...

By stinkytacos

when Talia Miller moves into strange yet normal town of wellsbury massachusetts with her family and notices t... More

Chapter 1 | fresh start
Chapter 2 | AP English
Chapter 3 | What the hell?
Chapter 4 | Faces, not Masks
Chapter 5 | Dreams are the root of all evil
Chapter 6 | Sophomore Sleepover
Chapter 7 | Feminism
*Update*
Chapter 9 | Halloween Plans
hey everyone :)

Chapter 8 | Battle of the Bands

445 7 1
By stinkytacos

I joined Ginny as she went to work. Max was also there. I snagged a seat at the bar and watched Ginny run around as Max went on and on about her new crush. Sophie.

"Sophie Sanchez... is so hot." Max begins

Joe interrupts her and calls for Ginny. "Table four needs coffee."

"Like, her ass belongs in the Louvre." Max follows Ginny behind the counter to keep talking as Ginny grabs the coffee pot. "It's art. She wore leggings yesterday, and I died. I'm dead! I'm deceased." Max continues to follow Ginny around the restaurant. "Just cremate me and put me on the mantle. We've been texting."

I giggle to myself as I watch Max ramble and Ginny try to do her job.

"Something funny?" Joe asks as he starts to grab plates full of food from the kitchen.

"Yes actually. Joe do you need help? I can help work. I need money anyways." I ask and hope he says yes. Blue farm is the only place I'd work in this god forbidden town.

"I don't know I'll think about it." He turns away and helps people on the other side of the restaurant. Max continues to follow Ginny and once again goes behind the counter. "Max, you know you can't be back there."

She ignores him. "How are you and Hunter?"

Ginny turns to face her. "Ugh! He still hasn't said anything about the picture. It's weird. I don't think I'm good at the sexy thing. That's Georgia's expertise, not mine."

Max smiles. "Yeah, Georgia is insanely hot." She laughs at herself." Ginny gives her a look. Max's expression changes. "Sorry." Then back into a smile. "Not sorry. Okay I wanna talk more about Sophie now." Ginny sighs and walks away. Max still continues. "I wanna talk about Sophie 100% of the time. 100% of the time." Max and Ginny grab plates of food that Joe set out earlier.

"When you think about it that way, i showed great restraint." Max finishes. The girls walk over to a table.

"I got two Mexi-Melts, one regular, one with sweet potato," she grabs the plates from max, "and two turkey burgers, one gluten-free bun."

"Oh!" Max chuckles and steps towards the plates. "Sorry. This is the gluten-free bun." She switches the plates.

"Max, you realize you don't actually work here, right?" Joe asks her.

"Obviously, but table six needs their check, and table eight wants wings before happy hours over." Max smiles at Joe.

"See Joe you could use some help." I smirk.

"That's enough." Joe points his finger at me and walks to the kitchen. I roll my eyes at his stubbornness.

Max walks back over to Ginny who is drying cups. "Sophie." She holds up a picture of Sophie's instagram. "Two years ago. She is my Venezuelan fantasy woodland princess." Ginny smiles and takes her phone to look at the picture.

"Max, you cannot be back here." Joe scolds her once again.

"Bali does not look real." Ginny says.

"I know right? But David Bowie had his ashes spread there, so it is." Max says.

"You guys know David Bowie?" Joe asks, slightly impressed.

"Duh! From Shrek." Max says back.

Joe scoffs. "From Shrek."

"Shit." Ginny says in a panic.

"What? Oh is it the picture of her and that girl kissing from 2018? 'Cause if it is don't worry about it. I looked into it. Their Venmo payments stopped months ago, so it's fine."

"I liked it." Ginny holds up the phone to show Max.

"What?"

"Shit. It's okay, I can.. I'll undo it."

"No, Ginny." Max panics as well. "Oh my God. Too late. Notifications." Max gasps. "I just liked a photo from two years ago. Oh my god. I can't go to Battle of the Bands. She's gonna think I'm a stalker."

Joe calls out, "Table three's ready to order!"

"Table threes gonna have to wait, Joe!" Mac yells back. Ginny quickly walks away to tend to table three.

"Look, Max." Joe walks over to Max. "Maybe... Maybe it's a good thing, right? I mean, honesty's good." Max looks at him in disbelief and walks away.

"She's gonna know I like her." Max complains to Ginny.

"You text all the time. Doesn't she already know?" Ginny tries to defend.

"No! We don't talk about how hard she makes my nipples! We talk about her dumb sister Sasha. Oh my god." Max drops her head onto Ginny's shoulder and fake sobs.

"I know. I'm sorry. I know." Ginny consoles her.

"Farm-Fresh salad. Please." The lady at the table begins as Ginny writes down her order."

Joe walks over to me and sighs. "How would you like a job?" I smile at him.

-------------------------------------------------------

Mom had started this thing for back to school fundraiser. They usually do a bake sale, but mom some how got Paul to do a casino night. She gathered me and Ginny to help her set up. We walked into this empty room. There were chandeliers on the ceiling. It was beautiful.

"Oh this is gonna be a disaster. We're screwed." Nick, mom's coworker says.

"No. We're not." Mom tries to defend.

"True. It was your idea. You're screwed. I will emerge unscathed like a phoenix from your ashes." Nick says back.

"Shut up and start helping." Mom told us.

We all scatter and start to set things up. Mom set up wine classes. Ginny setting up a table. Nick trying to set up a different one. I'm putting the decorations on the tables.

"Hey, mom. The liquor vendor's here. He said he only brought rosé." Ginny brings in a guy rolling around crates on a dolly. Mom rolls her eyes and thinks. She looks at me.

"Okay, write on one of those chalkboards over there the night's signature drink is a Royal Blush." She smiles at her comment and I gladly walk over and start writing a simple yet classy version of what she told me.

Nick is still trying to flip up a table and mom goes over to help him. "Thank you. Almost had it there, so..." he dusts off the top of the poker table. I laugh to myself. Nicks actually pretty funny.

We continue to set everything up. Putting out the rest of the decorations and poker chips. Nick is testing out the microphone to make sure it works and everything.

He taps the mic. "Hello?" He tries to speak into it. He flips it over after it not working and opens the battery pack. "Yeah, this microphone's outta batteries."

Ginny smiles at mom. "Hm. Got a vibrator in your purse?" My eyes widen, but I continue to do my own thing.

Mom rolls her eyes at Ginny. "There's a flashlight in the toolbox." She tells Nick.

After we finished mom sent me and Ginny home, and sent Nick to go get ready for casino night. Meanwhile me and Ginny go get ready for battle of the bands.

I throw on a slightly cuter outfit than from school.

After me and ginny get ready, we hitch a ride with max. Marcus is placed in the way back of Ellen's van-ish car. We get dropped off and head inside. We are a bit late as Abby and Norah are already there. There is a guy on stage sitting on a stool tuning his guitar. It seems although his been there a while because everyone looks bored.

"Ok, i don't understand. I don't get it. What is the big deal about this guy?" Abby asks max.

"You will." Max replies.

"You're being weird." Norah comments on Max's crouching stance.

"She's hiding from Sophie." Ginny tells Norah.

I hear a yell from across the gym. "Woo-woo! Go, Scott!" I only assume it's Sophie because Max makes a strange look.

"Thank you for coming. I couldn't face Hunter alone." Ginny bends down next the Max to thank her. I roll my eyes and smile. She'll be fine, her and Hunter are so cute for each other.

Ginny sighs and turns towards the door. In the doorway, stands Hunter and the rest of 3SB. He waves and Ginny ducks down like Max. She hides on the other side of Abby as I give Hunter a sad smile and a gentle wave.

"You're both being.. you're both being weird!" Abby whisper yells at Ginny and Max.

Finally the guy on stage, Scott, starts playing his guitar and singing. Abby gathers a shocked look on her face. She blinks as if she's trying to gather what happened. "Oh shit." She comments.

"I mean, he doesn't measure up to Jordan." Norah says.

Abby faces Norah. "Aww" she starts, then she makes gagging noises at her cheesy comment. I laugh and quietly join. Abby turns back around to face Scott. "Seriously is he impregnating me with his voice right now?" Abby asks. I smile at her being "starstruck"

"Speaking of," Ginny sighs deeply. "I have news." We all face her. "I am now on birth control."

"You are what?" Max practically yells.

"Are you serious?" Norah asks.

"Yeah, me too. We are on uh," I try to think of the name. "Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo." I snap my fingers as I remember the name.

Max chuckles. "That's the good kind."

"What constitutes as a good kind?" Abby asks Max.

"I don't know, I haven't seen ads recalling it 'cause it kills you."

"Oh, does your mom know?" Norah asks us.

I laugh. "It was her idea."

"God my crush on Georgia grows every day. Is that weird?" Max asks Ginny.

"Yes." She responds. I giggle at Max.

"Sorry." Max apologizes quietly.

We all go back to focusing on Scott singing. He's not bad honestly. I mean Abby seriously thinks so. I watch as Abby tucks her hair behind her ear, flustered. She quickly waves at him, then giggles. She turns to face Ginny and they both giggle like serious teenage girls. He finishes and everyone claps and cheers, Abby a little more than everyone else.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" Max has her phone out and is hitting Ginny's arm to get her attention.

"What?" She asks.

Max hold the phone up to Ginny. "She just liked a photo from 2016." Max gives a shy smile. She makes eye contact with who I can only assume is Sophie by the way her cheeks get slightly pink. "I'll be right back." Max tells Ginny. Me and Ginny watch as Max walks up to her. I can't hear what they are talking about but it's really cute.

Jordan runs up behind Norah and picks her up. They squeal as Hunter walks up to Ginny. I pretend not to notice but I listen to their conversation. "Hey, uh, can we talk?" Hunter asks. "I feel like your maybe mad at me?"

"You didn't say anything after the photo." Hunter makes a puzzled expression. "I feel like you don't really like me."

"What? Are you kidding?" Hunter asks, confused. He doesn't have time to elaborate as Padma calls for him.

"Hey. Hunter, let's go. We're on next." Hunter walks away leaving Ginny at a loss for words. I rub her back comfortingly. That's when I feel my phone buzz. It's Weston.

"Hey! :)"
I roll my eyes at his petty text.

"What Weston? What do you want?"

"Jeez nothing I was just going to ask how you were doing. I take it not well?"

"Listen Weston, I'll tell you later okay. I gtg."
I shut my phone off and stuff it in my pocket. I sigh and roll my eyes as Hunter, Brodie, and Padma get set up. I look towards the door and see Marcus finally walking in. I know he rode with us but we trailed far behind us walking in. We make eye contact and I slowly turn my head away from him.

I hear the microphone give feedback as Hunter starts talking into it. "So, I'm not normally the one who sings the songs." He chuckles. "I leave that up to the very talented Padma."

People in the crowd lightly cheer for Padma. And I can't get over how beautiful she looks up there.

"But tonight," Hunter continues. "I'm making an exception. Something happened to me recently, or rather..." he trails on his words for a second and makes eye contact with Ginny. "someone happened."

Max grabs her stomach. "Ginny, something's happening."

"Ginny Miller... this song's for you." Hunter finishes.

I smile for Ginny but sorta cringe at the same time. Max turns to face Ginny. "This is the most romantic thing that's happening to me." Max tells Ginny.

🎶 I can barely breathe when you are near 🎶

Hunter starts. I make a face and turn to see Marcus making the exact same one. I laugh to myself.

🎶 And I'm really, really, really scared you're gonna disappear 🎶

I look at Ginny and she is holding her cheeks in her hands as Norah, Abby and Max are all giggling and hyping her up.

Hunter keeps singing. I catch Marcus studying Ginny and her friends. I look at him and make a face. Communicating through my expressions that this is in fact cringy. He nods his head in agreement with his eyes widened. I laugh and turn back to face Hunter. I can still feel Marcus's eyes on me but I choose to ignore it.

Hunter finishes up the song as everyone cheers and claps. Honestly I clapped to be polite. I think if anyone tried to do that for me it would be an instant break up. After most of everyone leaves and they are cleaning up Hunter and Ginny go chat in a space away from us. I smile and open my phone to see 18 unread messages from Weston. I sigh, roll my eyes, and again stuff my phone in my pocket. I stand to the side of Max and Abby, listening to their conversation but not really paying attention. I catch myself zoning off into space. I blink myself back to reality.

"Hey I'm going to the bathroom. Text me when your mom is here?" I ask Max as I start to walk away, not waiting for an answer. She winks at me and I take that as my go ahead. I rub my head against my forehead and head to the doors. I look up and see Hunter and Ginny kissing. I smile and keep walking. I get to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I start to think about Weston, and Marcus. Next thing I know my eyes start to tear up. I sniffle a tad holding back my tears.

"Yo, you good?" I hear Abby's voice from the main bathroom entrance. I clear my throat and blink back my tears.

"Yeah, yeah what's up?" I walk to her.

"Uh max said her mom is here, she sent me 'cause you weren't answering your texts." She pauses and we look at each other. "Are you sure you're good?" She asks me.

I smile at her and nod my head. "Yeah Abby I'm great. Well I should probably get going. See you later!" I call out as I walk past her out the bathroom.

-------------------------------------------------------
:TW: self harm

Hunter ended up going home with us, as him and Ginny were going to watch movies in the living room. Meanwhile I was in my room. Trying to gather what's going on. I hear mom walk through the door. I focus on my music trying to distract myself. However it isn't working. I start to cry silently. I roll over to my side and open my side table drawer and grab a lighter. It was one of the last things I took from my dads before me and Georgia ran. I get up and walk over to the door. I lock it and sit on the floor. Crying, I start to slide off my pj pants. I flick the lighter on and stare at the flame for a second. I debate myself until I bring it to my thigh and start to burn myself. I cry and count to five quietly. I take deep, but shaky breaths. I feel my door trying to be opened. I freak out.

"Yeah!" I yell through the door.

"Peach? You doing okay? Can I come in?" It's moms voice. I widen my eyes and pick myself off the floor. I pull up my pants and run to my side table and throw the lighter in it. I quickly shut it and run back to the door. I open it.

"Hey mom." I smile hoping my eyes are red or puffy.

"Hey! How was Battle of the bands?" She asks as we walk to my bed to sit down.

"Uh it was good. Hunter sang Ginny something really corny and kind of cringy but overall it was cute." I sniffle then clear my throat hoping to hide it. It doesn't work and she tilts her head.

"Hey," she puts her hand on my cheek. "what's going on?" She gives me a half smile.

"Nothing mom I'm fine." I smile and gently move her hand away. "Really, mom I'm okay. But I'm tired I'm going to go to bed. I love you." I start to get under my sheets.

Mom looks at me slightly concerned but she knows I won't budge so she leaves it. "Okay," she gets up, "goodnight peach. Sleep good."

I nod my head as she leaves my room, turning off my light and giving me a smile before shutting my door. I let a tear through after holding it back. But it's all I let through. I sigh and tuck myself into bed and drift off to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------

*A.N*
Hey y'all! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying this story. I hope to update soon but I just started school again so updates may be a bit sloppy. Have a good day everyone <3 i love all of you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.7K 1K 54
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...
Lucent By ads ¡¡

Teen Fiction

183K 4.2K 18
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...
47.6K 3.1K 26
|ongoing| Ivana grew up alone. She was alone since the day she was born and she was sure she would also die alone. Without anyone by her side she str...
165K 12.4K 14
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...