My Boyfriend is a Contract Ki...

By InkQuilt

For the one-year anniversary of our relationship, I decided to surprise my boyfriend by coming to his home an... More

Chapter 1 - Gift
Chapter 2 - Happy Anniversary
Chapter 3 - Hawaii
Chapter 4 - Sunscreen
Chapter 5 - Kiss
Chapter 6 - Lady Rhino
Chapter 7 - Chatty Co-workers
Chapter 8 - Visiting Family
Chapter 9 - Best Wishes
Chapter 10 - Sickly Memories
Chapter 11 - Soup Will Warm The Heart
Chapter 13 - Circus
Chapter 14 - Stalker's Stalker
Chapter 15 - Crawley
Hiatus + Art

Chapter 12 - Theory

235 65 34
By InkQuilt

It's been a while since I've talked face-to-face to Bo. The last time I spent time with him was when he was sick. That was almost two weeks ago. Between those two weeks, Bo would try to set a date for us to spend time together, but I would kindly refuse him each time, telling him that I would be busy with work and needed to catch up on paying my rent. I've been working nonstop from day to night at my job, with no breaks and no going home early. And I've been doing this on purpose. Not for rent, but for me to avoid Bo.

Starting then, I had decided to finally distance myself. I believe this was the best way to go for both of us. None of us would get hurt. I meant physically not emotionally.

---

On the other side of the city, Bo was in his home, lying down on his couch and looking up towards his ceiling. His phone rested near his head as he was waiting for David to respond to his texts. He was impatient and concerned.

Bo was aware of David's busy schedule and his inability to stop and be with him, yet something didn't feel right. It was a bad feeling that sent his stomach churning. He was unable to shake this uneasy sensation. He wanted to go meet David, but David wouldn't work as well if he were bothered by him. At home, he had nothing to do. He had already tidied his room, sharpened his knives, polished his pistols, and prepared pipe bombs in his basement. Spending time with David takes up the majority of his free time, and it has been a relatively long time since he last saw David. And his other phone has been oddly quiet.

Is it possible that Seth has discovered how David is tied to him? He shook his head in denial. Bo's personal life wouldn't matter to Seth; all that mattered to that man were some images and videos for his bizarre masochistic fantasies. He was confident that he did everything correctly, with the possible exception that he may have been a little slow on the previous person, and Seth would only take note of him if he had done something wrong or out of line with his requests. But there may still be a chance that Seth may want to look into what Bo is up to.

Bo's mood had dropped down even further, so he picked up his phone and started scanning through some news articles. They were still talking about Johnny Lapito. Some of his fans were still upset about his untimely death and had been making a scene by attacking the hotel that had caused his death. Bo rolled his eyes, but then something caught his attention.

'Johnny Lapito's death was no accident'

Bo's finger hovered over the article. It must be one of those conspiracy theorists, there was nothing to be worried about. However, his curiosity overwhelmed him, and he persisted. He deeply analysed it, and in it, it said that Johnny Lapito's death may have been an assassination, which was spot on, but there was no evidence to prove it. There is a picture, though, that had not been featured on the news. As he tightened his grip, his phone began to tremble under the pressure. He was seen with Johnny in a photograph, but how in the world did they get that shot? The news claimed that there were no witnesses around the vicinity. It would be proven false if this image were to come under scrutiny. People would start to talk about it. People would begin to discuss it. They may reopen the investigation and reinvestigate the matter. Bo began to sweat profusely. This can't possibly be good. Bo swiped back up to look at who the author of the article was.

Bo puzzledly raised an eyebrow. There was no picture of the author, only his first name, John. It must be a fake name. Bo pushed himself up from the couch and leaned forward, his elbows resting on his legs. He began researching this "John," who he might as well call John Doe because there was no personal information about him. The only thing about this "John" is that he had been fixated on writing articles about prominent people and politicians. They had to be one of those crazy conspiracy theorists who had just been lucky enough to guess what had happened. However, it does not explain how they obtained the image.

This person was dangerous. Bo is completely stumped as to who the author was. He was becoming concerned, but not because he might be caught. He doesn't care because he can easily evade the police, as he has done so for years; it was David that he was concerned about. He had given careful consideration to this scenario before. If he was found to be involved in the numerous questionable and unsolved deaths, he would have no choice but to flee. And he always wondered whether he should flee alone or with David. Would David follow him without question? Would David sacrifice his entire personal life to be with him? Would David ever put his trust in him again?

Bo did not like the idea of being alone without David. He couldn't let go of David. He would never.

If all goes to worst, the question is, would he drag David with him? There was no way that David would go with him blindly. David is the type of person who hates being in the dark and would want to know what's going on. Bo furiously massaged his head in frustration.

He doesn't want to go down that road. All he wanted to do is stick to his original plan. Save up enough money for him and David to go someplace else and lay low for some years and build themselves their dream life together. It was a beautiful dream. But dreams are meant to be crushed.

Bo was tempted to smash his phone into pieces.

No, he shouldn't lose his calm. He doesn't believe the author is interested in determining who the killer is. They're focusing on who ordered the kill. The only way they may know is by looking into the victim's life to find a connection. And all of the victims don't put their personal life on display, or really most of it.

Bo went back to the article to see if anyone has posted any comments. There was only a couple and to his surprise, they detested the article. They didn't believe a single word of it and criticized how it was disrespectful to write about Johnny being a fraud and that his actions had led up to his death. They believed that the picture was even photoshopped.

Bo smiled in glee and flopped back onto the couch. All of the author's article was filled with hate comments and nobody believed them. This author had made a bad reputation for themselves. So there shouldn't be anything to worry about. If Seth was worried about this, he would have called by now.

Bo chuckled to himself, feeling slightly relieved, but still couldn't shake off the feeling of dread.

So he went to look at his photo gallery.

All of the photos were of David that Bo had taken. Some of them were taken unnoticed. Bo began to gush over them. He was desperate to be with David.

He hadn't seen David in what seemed like an eternity. He wonders when they'll be able to get back together. For some reason, it felt like an invisible barrier was separating him from David. Or, more accurately, it appeared that David was pushing him away.

He'd pretended to be unconcerned about most of David's odd actions. David appeared to be more withdrawn. David has always been a recluse, but this time he felt more distant as if they are starting to become strangers. He kept on pushing the thought back, but it keeps popping up inside his head.

He needs to find a way to be closer to David. He can't stand being away from him any longer.

Bo sat up again to turn on the television. With all of his emotions strewn about, he felt as if he had reached a breaking point. Neutral to worried, worried to happy, and happy to frustrated. He can't stand it any longer. He needs to find a way to divert his attention away from David, even though that is what he does most of the day, only thinking about David.

He flipped through the channels, not bothering to look at them.

"Cosmic dust Circus, the most largest and famous circus that has been touring since 1932, will be coming to you! Now including our favourite heroes from The Shining Legends: Hero of Light that will be visiting for a limited time. Come book-"

That was enough said.

Bo turned off the television and dashed to get his coat, not wasting another second. He got into his car and drove to David's apartment.

---

When I was close to home, it was beginning to get dark. I was exhausted from work and wanted to spend my time lying in bed. I have yet to respond to any of Bo's texts, but I will when I get home. Bo must be worried again, and I shouldn't make him worried. I felt bad for avoiding him and wanted to make up with him, but that was not part of the plan.

When I turned around the corner, I spotted a familiar face waiting by the gates.

"Bo?" I called out.

Bo looked up from the ground to look at me. He then started to sprint right towards me and jumped into my arms.

"Ah! Bo what are you doing here?"

I held him tightly in my embrace feeling his warmth.

"How long have you been out here? It's chilly."

I cupped his face to feel that it was cold and continued to hold it for his face to warm up.

"What are you doing here? You didn't tell me that you were coming over."

Bo didn't say anything but smiled as usual. Then he took out his phone to show me something.

"Cosmic Dust Circus?" I stated perplexingly. I scanned through it to see that it included mascots of Bo's favourite show. "Oh, it even has your favourite characters from that show you watch." Did he come all the way here to show me this? He could have texted me this, even though I haven't touched my phone in a while, so maybe that's why. He must have been too excited to show me this. He does love watching that show.

"You want me to go with you?"

Bo excitedly nodded, his eyes twinkling with great joy.

This is not in any way part of the plan. I should stay away from him. I shouldn't go on a date with him. I shouldn't be around him.

"Sounds fun!" I exclaimed.

I couldn't refuse. I can't say no. I'll never be able to refuse Bo. My heart clenched at the feeling of an invisible weight.

Maybe, I'll tell him after the circus. That would be too harsh.

"Wait, Bo! Not out in public."

Bo had tried to lean in to kiss me in pure joy, but I pulled him back in embarrassment. Bo looked around to see no one around and rolled his eyes at me, then went in to kiss me again, this time succeeding.

"Okay, okay, let's get inside. You feel so cold. Please tell me you didn't stand out here for ages."

I started to lead Bo back into my apartment.

"I can't believe you came over here to show me that. You've could've gotten sick again from this type of weather." I scolded him.

He smiled, firmly gripped my hand, and slightly leant his weight onto me. Bo appeared to be more content than ever. Seeing him like that made me feel happy as well. I was lonely without him.

Flash

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 135K 45
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
1M 48.2K 28
1950s. ***Story contains mature scenes and Hindi phrases in initial chapters which are not translated in english*** Abhigyan Singh, a Sarpanch of the...
622K 32.6K 20
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
284K 4K 30
Rajveer is not in love with Prachi and wants to take revenge from her . He knows she is a virgin and is very peculiar that nobody touches her. Prachi...