Woof...?

By Tonoyae

You spent your life trying to be as much of a good guy as you could be just trying to do what you felt was ri... More

Welcome to hell.
Looloo land.
LooLoo Land: part 2
Thoughts
Getting some rest.
A relic long forgotten.
The Harvest Moon Festival: Part 1
The Harvest Moon Festival: Part 2
The Harvest Moon Festival: Part 3
Moxxie
The one who is just Another.
Something locked away.
The Harvest Moon Festival: Conclusion
A Kings lesson
The Interview: Part 1
The Interview: Part 2
The New Job.
The Pentagram: Prolouge
The Pentagram: Part 1
The Pentagram: Part 2
The Pentagram: Part 3
Pentagtam City: Part 4
Pentagram City: Part 5
Pentagram City: Part 6
Pentagram City: Part 7
Pentagram City: Part 8
Pentagram City: Conclusion

????

3.2K 58 31
By Tonoyae

Agent one sat in a chair not too far away from the bed he had placed agent two upon deep in thought as he continued to watch her sleep peacefully.

He remembered the day they had been assigned to work together. She had just been recruited as far as he was told while he himself had only been in the field for about a year.

As his thoughts ran free another memory occurred to him that had been bugging him since before his time with her.

Flashback:

Somewhere in the Atlantic ocean:

Agent 1 stood inside of an elevator as the hum of its engine continued to bring the lift lower and lower underground.

He adjusted his suit nervously as he looked at another man in a suit much older and taller than him to his right.

The man had long silver hair with a scar on his left cheek as his eyes looked straight forward with a serious look on them.

A/N: Art aint mine!! YEET!! *crashes through wall*

"A-Agent... R?" One said as the man grunted in response.

"Where are you taking me... i know I was called in but... I didn't think I would get to meet you... of all people... sir."

The man known as R was silent at the response as he continued to look straight ahead.

"Why did you join this field.." R said to him taking 1 by surprise at the sudden question.

He noticed R's red eyes look at him from the side waiting for a response as 1 looked down in thought on how to answer.

"Tom... Code name agent 1.... sister slain during a camping trip... by an entity that looked as if it was made of shadows." R said again as 1 looked up in surprise.

"How did you-"

"We know everything." R simply said as he looked back forward again.

"You have been assigned a mission.... because of that history... it will be explained furthur once we reach the lower levels..." R said going silent.

Agent 1 suddenly lost his balance for a minute as the elevator suddenly shook slightly for a moment before leveling back out again.

He looked up at the floor indicator noticing that the numbers started reaching into the negatives now.

After a bit the walls around the elevator suddenly opened up turning into a lift of some sort revealing the outside world as they went deeper down.

Agent 1 looked on in confused surprise as the lift was lowering into what looked like a larger chasm of some kind along the side of it. The bottom from what he could see or lack there of was nothing but pitch black darkness.

"Wear these." 1 heard R say as he turned and saw him holding out a pair of shades that looked like the ones he had already been wearing.

1 proceeded to take them without question as he replaced the shades he had with the ones he was given as he looked out into the chasm again even more confused as what he saw now were what looked like trails of shadow literally slowly creeping up the sides of the walls from below.

"Do you see them." R said as 1 looked on in bewilderment as he saw what looked like shadow like creatures climbing up the walls of the chasm from below only to be vaporized upon reaching what looked like a field of some sort made of light being created by a ring of machinery holding mirrors around it.

"I'm sure you have seen them before or... atleast one of them." R stated as the lift looked to be finally reaching the designated floor as the glass showing the outside of the lift suddenly went back to metal walls.

"What is this place...?" 1 breathed out.

The lift slowed to a halt as they reached the bottom floor.

*beep*

A chime sounded as the doors opened to a corridor as R walked forward with 1 following.

"The Abyss.." R said as the two walked forward.."

Eventually 1 followed R to a large blast door with a bio scanner on it.

He watched as his superior put his palm against the scanner as it turned green.

"Entry into Observatory Zero Authorized"

A synthetic voice said as the blast doors opened allowing both R and 1 to continue.

From there 1 watched as they entered a large room filled with scientists walking around fiddling with computers and machinery.

Furthur ahead there were a group of scientist standing in front of a glass window looking outward to something.

"I didn't even know DHORKS had all this..." 1 said as he followed R around the room.

"Usually you still wouldn't know... but this is an exception." R stated as he lead 1 to the window some of the scientists were looking through.

"Those shadows you saw trying to escape to the surface... while it looks under control its not perfect... occasionally we still have 1 or 2 breach the halo...."

"W-wait so your saying that what I saw...?"

"Yes" R said as he walked up to the window with 1 looking beyond it as he followed him.

"They came from here." R said.

*music end*

Agent 1 looked on through the window as just beyond it there was a large floating void of darkness floating inside of the Abyss with the Observatory having been built on the wall up above it at a safe distance. On closer inspection he could see what looked like chains made of light all across the voids surface.

"This is the source...." a new voice said as both R and 1 turned and looked.

"Magnificent isn't it!!" An old man in a white lab coat spoke. The man also seemed to have white hair as well as he spoke in a deeply aged voice.

"Ah I see you bought agent 1 to us. Good good..." The man said as he rolled his wheelchair up to the window.

Agent R nodded in response to the question as the 3 of them looked back outside.

"What is that thing?" Agent 1 finally said unable to keep from asking.

"That... is an egg." The old man said in response.

"Anything living that comes within 5 miles of it is immidiatly has all of their life energy sucked out of them and into it." He said again.

"The chasm you see here is its doing." Agent R said after him

"How long has it been down here?" Agent 1 asked curious.

The old man shook his head.

"It is difficult to say thousands of years perhaps" He responded.

"What we do know is that it's hatching.... do you see those chains of light." The old man said.

1 looked on futhur and nodded.

"As of now those are the only things keeping it held down. It appears to be a seal of some sort but as to what is powering the seal we are not sure as we have been unable to go deeper into the Abyss below it. As everything weve sent down has either died or short circuted before reaching the bottom." The old man said.

"The pillar of light you see reaching up into the egg originates from somewhere furthur down." Agent R said as the old man nodded.

The shadow entities you see trying to climb out.... have went on to kill inhabitants living on the planets surface... which is why we have a barrier in place higher up the abyss... the halo we like to call it.

"At first we thought the living inhabitants that were killed by the escaping creatures were random but we noticed something." The old man said as he wheeled his chair up too Agent 1

"With each death one of the chains of light forming this seal shatter." He said again.

"We confirmed this with the death of your sister...." agent R said as he fiddled with the cuff of one of his sleeves slightly.

One looked away in silence at that sadly.

"This confirmed to us that the victims killed by the creatures escaping to the surface are not random... they are being selected."

The man turned and wheeled away from the window to look on towards the other scientists working inside.

"Only 3 of the creatures have managed to escape and 2 of them we found and have terminated already.... the one that killed your sister and another one from an incident that happened a few years ago." Agent R spoke.

"A family of 4... a mother, a father and their son and daughter had been walking down a road in a very isolated part of the city they lived in.

"Until... the daughter dropped her ball as it then proceeded to roll out onto the road with her following after it."

Just as she went out onto the road a truck was reported to have been coming down the same road nearly hitting her."

"However..." R said suddenly sounding very far away as he went back to the window again.

"A man in his late teens was seen pushing the little girl back to safety in his stead sacrificing his own life in the process." The old man said as he looked on too agent R giving a moment of silence for a moment as he watched the agent stare blankly out into the Abyss as one of his hands clenched shaking.

"The vehicle that collided with the man had then swerved crashing a few feet away from where the impact took place and after the crash it was reported that the driver that crawled out had a black aura seeping out of him." The old scientist said as R remained silent.

"These creatures.... have the ability to posesse anyone with a weak will in order to obtain their goal... they are also able to shapeshift although it is not anywhere near as good as when they posses a living being..." the old man said again.

"The driver of the vehicle had been possessed by the second shadow entity that escaped from here and after being denied its victim the first time... it went back for another attack."

"Upon getting close to the little girl however.... the girl screamed as light emitted from her body dissipating the shadow instantly.... she then fainted soon after." The old man said as 1 listened intently as he looked down in thought.

"To this day we do not know where the light this young girl created came from but what she created was 100x stronger than the barrier keeping them at bay here." He said one final time.

"She's still alive?" 1 asked as the man nodded.

"If it had not been for the brave soul that stepped forward in her stead this young woman would not be among our ranks today."

"You recruited her?" 1 said curious as the old scientist nodded.

"To furthur study the strange phenomenon she used to defend herself we convinced her to join DHORKS when she came of age under the primises that we only investigate strange happenings that have neither been confirmed or denied." He said.

"She is also easier to protect while she is under our custody." R finally spoke again.

"That is where you come in... Agent 1." R said again.

"You will be assigned to the new recruit who has been assigned the designation agent 2" He said as agent 1 stood at attention.

"Your job is to observe her and make sure she is protected out in the field. We have reason to believe that if another shadow creature escapes it will target her again...." Agent R said.

"You said there were 3..." 1 said.

"What happened to the 3rd one?" He asked.

Both agent R and the old man paused for a moment.

"We are not sure... the third disspeared as if blinking itself from existence." R stated.

"For now your mission will be what I stated prior. You are also not allowed to speak of any of this once you return to the surface.... the shades I gave you will be taken as well so that they do not fall into the wrong hands." Agent R said as his red eyes looked down towards Agent 1 sternly.

"This area is also to remain kept a secret." He said again.

Agent 1 nodded

"Understood!" He said before turning to the old scientist.

"Um.. what do you go by if I may ask.... sir?" 1 asked.

"Ah yes I apologize."

"You may call me... Fortinbras" the man said.

Flashback end:

One looked on to two with a serious expression while she was still asleep before looking at the time.

It was around 3 am now and all his thinking had finally started to make him tired again.

He had been working with two for 3 years now but he'd yet to see this light they had talked about.

For now he got up to go too his own bed to get some sleep for the next day.

Hey everybody how's it goin... man it's been a bit since I've updated the story huh. Sorry about that. Anyway I hope everyone's enjoying their new year and stuff. And I'll be seeing yall in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 1.5K 19
My 3rd book in my series of stories When a 19 year old teenage human wakes up in an alleyway in Hell, he explores this new world, it's residents and...
34.1K 840 40
PART 1 COMPLETED Started: 12/29/2023 Finished: 2/10/2024 PART 2 Started: 2/11/2024 Finished: tbd Layla Barlowe, the only Hellhound with the ability...
38K 961 18
A human child gets adopted by a demon and later dies, come experience the rollercoaster of a life in hell. Disclaimer: I don't own Helluva boss or c...
93.8K 1.9K 31
Y/n L/n was once a normal human living in the human world as his life was shitty since he's poor, living in a dump apartment, he was recently fired f...