Piece by Piece

By yoursecret3

He comes from a rich family, she's been working since she was sixteen. Aliena isn't one to turn down a party... More

Welcome
Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72

Chapter 8

10.8K 229 17
By yoursecret3

Aliena (last July)

"Jesus Christ, Lil, you didn't warn me that the party was at a fucking palace!" I accuse my friend under my breath, looking up at the giant apartment complex. As soon as we drove into the neighborhood where in between every house, another five could fit, I knew we were headed somewhere fancy. I just didn't know how fancy.

"And you let me come with bedhead. If we're about to walk into a damn cocktail party, I'll shave off your eyebrows," I threaten her.

"Relax, A. I would never trick you like that. Trust me, his parties aren't any less wild than those you normally drag me to," she assures me right as Andrew throws an arm over her shoulder.

"If I'd had to guess, I'd say they're much crazier," he adds. "No one throws parties like Sebastian, the brilliant bastard."

I frown at the name of the host. It's the first time they mentioned it and now my mind goes straight to the young man I met at the nursing home two weeks ago. I have to admit, it isn't the first time my mind strays to his handsome face since then. Whenever work is slow, I imagine him walking back through the big double doors to visit his grandma. And maybe give me some tips at Cribbage and look at me with that adorable smile of his again.

Don't blame me. It's not every day you meet a sweet, gentle guy that's simultaneously incredibly good-looking.

"I guess I'll be the judge of that at the end of the night," I say, forcing my mind to stay on topic. Mattheo appears at my side, and we enter the building, only to be greeted with the sight of two buff men in suits left and right of the elevator.

Before I can question it, one of them says, "Have a good night, Sirs." The elevator doors open and the other stranger turns to us, his stoic expression giving way to a smile. "And you too, ladies." With that, the door closes and we're heading up. I watch the glowing numbers grow bigger and bigger until we reach 11. By then, my mouth is slightly dry and I feel myself grow a little nervous.

I'm not opposed to new things, but this- Well, I have no idea what's expecting me and the elevator doors are thick enough to not let any sound ring through. Well, that or the party is incredibly silent.

But then the doors slide open the first inch and I nearly jump at the blasting music that floods the tiny space. It's surreal and the feeling that this is a dream only intensifies when I look ahead and see that the elevator brought us right into the apartment. Andrew and Lily walk inside, completely unfazed, and I jolt ahead too when Mattheo's hand finds my shoulder to lead me.

There are dancing bodies everywhere. And I mean dancing, bouncing, and jumping, not the lame swaying that some people consider party-appropriate. All along the wall on the right, booze is displayed on a massive shelf, a long bar parting it from the dancefloor. The shelf is equipped with LEDs, each row a different, dark color while the rest of the apartment is flickering with neon lights and lasers.

Hell, how can anyone live here? This looks more like a high-end club than a home.

"Not bad, huh?" Mattheo asks me, leaning down so our faces are on the same level. Even in my five-inch heels, I have nothing on his height.

I'm sure I look starstruck, so I don't bother playing it off. Instead, I just shake my head and feel a massive smile take over my face. Thank Lily, that beautiful goddess for dragging me along. This is where I always should have come to party.

Without thinking, I take Mattheo's hand in mine and drag him deeper inside the crowd of strangers, eager to lose my mind in the heat of the moment. If only Mattheo didn't stop me before I could even start, leaning down to tell me something again, "You know, I'd truly love to dance right now, Aliena, but we should say hello to the host first, no?"

I lean back and pout, giving him my best eyes as I look through my lashes. He just chuckles.

"Fucking Seduttrice, you're good. We'll make a quick appearance, then we dance, okay?" he asks. And just because I am happy as hell to be here and hopeful for an invitation to the next party here, I smile at the giant and let him lead the way. I guess it's time to meet this mysterious Sebastian that lives in this mansion.

I'm not sure if it's just nerves or hope that makes my stomach queasy as we walk past the lone bouncer and up the stairs but I can feel my hands growing clammy. Also partially because I'm letting a giant stranger lead me away from the party, though I'm not so worried about Mattheo. I'm more scared that I'll make a bad impression on the host.

What if it really is Rosie's grandson? I mean technically, he mentioned Hartford, which is where we are, and if he's the son of the person paying for Rosie's residency, the palace would make sense. Butterflies go off in my stomach as the pieces click into place.

God, I hope I'm right. I think. I mean, it would certainly be fun to meet the sweet young man again and another familiar face at this party wouldn't hurt. I really can't picture Sebastian in his white button-down among these party people though.

My questions go up in thin air as I'm led into a room down the hall on the second floor and my eyes find those hauntingly beautiful dark ones. It's him. Oh, damn, it really is him. My cheeks blush and I smile to myself as he looks at me, recognition clear on his features. It's good to know that I made a well enough impression that he remembers me after weeks and while I look completely different.

Mattheo lets go of my shoulder and walks toward the couch where Andrew, Sebastian, and Lilianne are already seated. He greets the host, momentarily stealing his attention. In the meantime, I walk over too, feeling uncharacteristically shy.

I force myself to stand straight and smile naturally when I stop in front of the couch, unsure about how to proceed. Like, do I shake his hand? It's not like he's getting to his feet to greet me as he did with Mattheo. No, he's just sitting there, giving me an unimpressed look.

The butterflies shrivel. What the hell? Where's that sweet smile of his? "Hey there, thanks for the invitation," I greet him, trying not to let his cold stare intimidate me.

He arches a brow. "Hi, yeah sure. And you are?" he retorts, none of the politeness of our first meeting coming off of him.

"That's Aliena. You know, the best friend I never stop talking about? The one I grew up with?" Lily pipes up and I can hear her irritation. No matter how shy she is, she's never too shy to try to stand up for me. I shoot her a quick smile and she replies with a quick nod.

The short moment of triumph is broken by Sebastian's unimpressed voice. "Huh, doesn't ring a bell. Do you go to our school?" he asks lazily, leaning back further into his seat. Really now? He's going to pretend not to know me? I'm sure he remembers how I told him that I didn't go to university or college, but worked instead. He met me there, for Christ's sake.

Fine, if he wants to play this game, I can too. This isn't the guy I met at the nursing home anyway. "No," I reply drily before taking a seat on the couch next to Lily, who leans closer to whisper something in my ear.

"I'm sorry for him. I don't know what's gotten into him. He's usually not half bad," she says. I just brush her off. I'm pretty sure I know exactly what's gotten into him. He doesn't like the fact that I saw him vulnerable and human when he visited his sick grandma, and now, he's trying to make it up by being twice the "man". Aka, being a jerk.

I really misjudged him.

And as if my mood hadn't soured enough, a beautiful, tall, slim woman appears next to the couch in the next moment and conveniently falls onto the host's lap. She giggles, throws an arm over his shoulder to play with his hair, and whispers something in his ear, all the while shuffling around on his lap.

The man's icy expression thaws and he gives her a small smirk, touching her thigh briefly. The similarity of the touch to how he flirted with me those weeks ago only makes me madder and I can feel my face burn up. Great, so this is just a regular thing for him, picking up women wherever he goes. God, I'm an idiot. I wish I hadn't spent all that time daydreaming about him.

Suddenly, his eyes leave the pretty girl's face and lock straight onto mine. His grin widens. And I've had enough. I get to my feet, smile at Mattheo, and hold out my hand to him, making sure my movements are extra sensual. If there's something I know, it's seducing and appealing to men. Better use that talent now.

My new friend doesn't need more encouragement and gets to his feet, grinning like a Cheshire cat. As we walk away, there's a new swing to my hips.

So what if the guy I had a silly little schoolyard crush on for a few days turns out to be an idiot player? I look great tonight and the party downstairs is lit. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it.

Plus, I know I didn't imagine the host's clenched jaw as I walked off with his friend. What can I say, I couldn't help a small glance back at Lily. Since Sebastian was right next to her, I looked at him by default.

I look up at Mattheo as we walk towards the stairs, past all the doors on the left and right. "I hope you're ready to dance, big guy. Try to keep up."

————————
I got nothing to say...

Have a terrific day, though, and don't forget to vote<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577K 13.1K 32
When Rebecca moves back to her hometown for a friend's wedding, unfortunate circumstances put her near her ex-boyfriend, who left her completely brok...
8.4K 376 22
๐Ž๐๐†๐Ž๐ˆ๐๐† เผ‰โ€งโ‚Šหš. "Valentino.." His eyes drop from my face and travel around my body. "Yes?" He questions, taking a step closer. That single step...
764K 16.6K 128
||EDITING|| He was like the Devil, but his beauty on the outside made me feel weak. His whole being made me weak, and I have no idea why. I hate him...
1.5M 21.1K 91
"Don't act like you hate me just because he does, we both know that you force yourself to hate me." He whispered in my ear. I gulped. "As long as y...