A Helping Hand

RayquazaKing04

The leaves waving in the wind, birds singing their beautiful songs, the distant sound of water running throug... Еще

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Shot That Counts
Chapter 2 - Proposition
Chapter 3 - First Hunt Memories
Chapter 4 - Post-Winter Hunt
Chapter 5 - The F*ck Just Happened?
Chapter 6 - Finally, Some Good F*cking Food
1000 Reads!?
Chapter 7 - Christmas Special
Character Name Change
2000 Views!!??
Chapter 9 - Finally Happy
Chapter 10 - I Love You
Chapter 11 - Meet The Family (Part 1)
Thank You, Guys, SO MUCH!
Chapter 12 - Meet The Family (Part 2)
Chapter 13 - Alaskan Hike
Chapter 14 - The Long Trek
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!
Chapter 15 - The Meet
Chapter 16 - Get Back Home!

Chapter 8 - The Ceremony

529 15 9
RayquazaKing04

It's the new year but since the pack had a different way of counting the days, Jason didn't celebrate his New Year as others would. It's not any different than what he usually did in the past, he never really had anyone to hang out with let alone celebrate anything. The anthros however celebrate their version of New Year entirely differently. Jason, Kaya, and the rest of her pack were sitting around a giant firepit, A large fire was ablaze as dancers were dancing around it, all wearing ceremonial costumes and banging on ceremonial drums. Their costumes consisted of deer bones, fur, teeth, and even their hooves, a few other costumes also utilize bear parts as well, even using the head. Although they spoke English, they did chant in an odd way. As they were chanting, Jason and Kaya were sitting together chatting with one another.

Kaya: I'm glad you decided to celebrate our version of a New Years' celebration with us Jason!

She said cuddling with him on the log.

Jason: Well you guys celebrated Christmas with me so the least I could do is celebrate your beliefs, honey.

He said warming into the cuddle. The two continued to watch the ceremony, Aponivi and Rofl then got closer to chat with the two.

Rofl: You enjoying the ceremony Jason? 

Rofl asks as she sits down and lays her head on Aponivi's shoulder.

Jason: I am actually, reminds me of ceremonies other humans do, very similar, I don't know what they do it for but some do it to please their deity, others do it as a means of exorcising demons, and so on. My kind has lots of ways to celebrate things, and this is one example. It's still a sight to see!

Jason says as he scratches Kaya's head and uses his fingers to comb her hair and fur. Kaya just melts into it and nearly falls asleep. 

Aponivi: Glad you're enjoying it, I plan to have an announcement later in this ceremony and I was hoping you would be here. Again, thanks for coming.

He said taking a sip of his wine, Kotori was joining in on the dance as he was getting friendly with another wolf, she was in a ceremonial costume so she couldn't be identified clearly. Jason knew what he meant by the announcement since the talk they had during the dinner he made them in the past, he knew he would announce it during a major event and tonight is the night. 

After the dance and the ceremony, everyone just loitered around the fire and chatted among themselves. Aponivi then got up and is about to make his announcement.

Aponivi: Could I get everyone's attention, please? 

He said as the other wolves start to quiet down.

Aponivi: Thank you. Moons ago, we made contact with the man now known as Jason, he has been nothing but kind to us despite being forced to meet us. He even gave us two deer as peace offerings which was very kind of him given the situation he was in. After that interaction, I offered him a proposition in helping us hunt in exchange for him being able to live in our territory. Ever since then, he has been nothing but helpful and kind to our pack, even saving Kotori and Kaya from a bear attack, he was also generous enough to even cook the bear for us. Jason even invited us to his home to cook us a meal. He shared his own beliefs with us in the form of his own traditions and gave us gifts out of kindness. And he now came to our ceremony with our own set of beliefs. In the event with Nukpana and his lackeys trying to get rid of Jason and when Moki tried to harm my daughter, Jason stepped up and protected her. Even before the event, Jason admitted to being protective of Kaya and our pack, and he said he would risk his own life for us. He and Kaya have been even closer since the incident, and Rofl and I approve of their relationship. Jason is a kind-hearted man and is willing to let down his life for the ones he cares for. As of today, I fully welcome Jason as an official member of our pack Hopi.

The rest of the pack erupted in excitement and applause, Jason wasn't used to this amount of praise and recognition so he was pretty embarrassed, Kaya took notice and hugged him.

Kaya: Don't worry honey, I'll be here every step of the way.

She says as she nuzzles her muzzle under his chin.

Jason: Thank you, honey, always know I will be by your side. I love you so much.

He said planting a kiss on her forehead. The two then snuggled together and continued to enjoy the ceremony.

Timeskip brought to you by a very tired Carter (idk why I'm so tired right now, God help me)

It was a little past 1 in the morning and everyone went into their respective living areas to sleep, Jason was inside Kaya's own den, both cuddling on her bed. Aponivi and Rofl were in their room cuddling together, Kotori on the other hand, finally got lucky and is seen still hanging out with the anthro girl from before now known as Una. Both are still chatting about their evening and his experience with Jason. 

Una: So that human gave you that bow as a gift? 

She said pointing to the bow near Kotori's bed. 

Kotori: Yup! He even said he handmade the bow, and got the best string he could get to use on it. I have no idea what it's made of but it feels strong.

He says as he grabs his bow and plays with the string. 

Una: That's really interesting! The material used is unique, to be honest. I've never seen anything like it before!

Kotori hands the bow to her to let her inspect it.

Kotori: I don't know how he sources the material for it but it was really nice of him to take the time to make us our gifts, even if some of the parts had to be "outsourced" whatever that means.

He said as he lay on the ground sideways, observing the woman inspecting his bow, after she finished looking at it, she returned it back to him, and he returned to its original location by his bed. 

Una: I remember you guys leaving for his home in a weird loud machine, what is that thing?

She asked, referring to the Defender he rode in. 

Kotori: I'm not sure myself entirely, but from what he told me, they call it the 'Defender' it's just the name of the model of it, turns out they make more than just that, and the people who made it make different versions of it for different uses. Other people have their own ways in using it, like what Jason uses it for. 

He explained to her, she was just confused and still asked more questions regarding it.

Una: Do you know how it is powered? The thing was loud.

She asked, Kotori didn't know much about how it is powered but he knew what powers it.

Kotori: From what he said, it uses a contraption called an 'engine' turns out there is more than one type of engine that is used to power different things. I don't know how it works but he said there are other methods of powering it. He actually has two larger versions of the defender that his people call 'cars'. 

He said to her, the last part got her even more intrigued, Kotori could see the sparkle in her eyes.

Una: OOO! Tell me more! 

She said even more intrigued, she then got closer to him. 

Kotori and Una kept talking and talking until Una started to yawn pretty badly, Kotori followed suit and yawned with her, they then decided to go to bed, and Kotori studdered in asking if she would like to stay in his den. She was a little embarrassed at first but she accepted. Kotori, being a gentleman, slept on the floor as Una slept on his bed. The two said goodnight and went to sleep. The rest of the cave was now plunged into silence, only the outside forest was thriving with life.

=================

Hello there! Sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to continue off the Christmas special, its part of the story so why shouldn't it be? lol. I go back to college Sunday afternoon and my classes now occur on Fridays, so I'll be coming home late afternoons on Fridays. I won't have any Fridays off for myself much anymore and I will likely be getting a weekend job again so expect chapters to come out slowly. I don't ever plan on abandoning any of my other stories, I only started them to keep my brain active in thinking of ideas, which I should write down so I don't forget them when I can't actually write the. Anyways, as always, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, It would be really helpful if you voted for this and a follow would be cool if you want to stay updated on my dumbass stories. Again thank you for reading and I'll see ya in the next one!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

17.3K 353 51
Hunhow, is an average human high school teen and senior. He lives in a world where humans and Anthros exist and live in harmony. however when his mot...
1.5K 45 15
It is the year 2028. A new virus broke out of a laboratory, turning one person on earth into a furry. The virus is transmitted by bites, much like a...
2K 66 7
My 3rd Anthro x Human Book. 1945 and the second world war is nearly over in Europe. With the fuher himself dead and the allies on the verge of winni...
14.8K 280 18
After his graduation, Y/n goes for a hike to his favorite tree in the forest but when he wakes up he finds himself in a new realm populated by humano...