Cheeky

By Innocence_is_bliss

Nineteen year old Cassidy Forester wants to get away from it all. She wants to be as far away as possible fro... More

№ I. Takeoff
№ 2. Double C's
№ 3. Panties & A Bridge
№ 5. Only One
№ 6. Coffee Pimp
№ 7. Jaffa Love
№ 8. Paint War
№ 9. Smashing
№ 10. Let's Get Accepted
№ 11. Love Is Love
№ 12. It's Just Egg
№ 13. A...friend
№ 14. Warm On A Cold Night
№ 15. Kelly
№ 16. How It All Happened
№ 17. Two Truths and A Lie
№ 18. Road Trip
№ 19. George's House
№ 20. I've Got Game
№ 21. Define The Relationship
№ 22. Mr. Panty-Dropper
№ 23. 50 Shades of Biscotti
№ 24. I'll Hurt Him
№ 25. London Calling
№ 26. Chocolate Cake
№ 27. Let Me In
№ 28. Choices
№ 29. Burning Bridges
№ 30. The Finish Line
№ 31. Sour
№ 32. Make it To Me
№ 33. Daylight

№ 4. Leaky Faucet

1.4K 38 3
By Innocence_is_bliss

"Are you just going to stand there staring love?"

I swallowed, clamping my mouth shut as I tried to look cool and collected. But god damn, I was anything but collected, I was all over the place -  I was spastic and this guy was in my apartment. What am I supposed to do? Or say? Should I play with my hair, or maybe laugh? Cassidy! Get a hold of your hormones and just walk away. Okay okay, walk away...where? I can't go to my room, he's blocking my way. I will use deadly force if I have to, but he looks stronger, and taller...and sexier and - snap out of it! Jesus girl, one whiff of testosterone and you're already gone. Get a friggin' grip Cass.

"So, you're not the talking type I see. That's alright. I'm much more physical myself if you know what I mean," George winked and I groaned sarcastically in response.

"No, I don't know what you mean and I don't care to find out. Now, if you would kindly get out of my apartment, I would be very appreciative."

George chuckled and pointed lazily at me, "You're apartment?"

I placed one hand on the counter and one on my hip, "Yes, my apartment. Look, if you're following me which you clearly are, I'll call the police. I'm not interested."

George held my gaze for a minute, and then burst out laughing. What is with everyone laughing at me this week? I was getting annoyed and I spotted a phone in the living room. I walked over to it, past George who was dying and approached the phone, but looked at it with a frown. It was one of those old ones where you had to dial in circles and an added benefit was that I had no idea what the number of the police was in Britain. This is pathetic - officially. But I figured I had went this far so I picked up the reciever and pressed the phone to my ear.

"I'm calling the police!" I called out to him, pretending of course but he wouldn't know the difference.

"Haha, wait I-I, ga haha," George was bent over, hands on knees, still laughing but he approached me, trying to get proper speech out. I tried to turn from him but he came up behind and grabbed the reciever from my hand.

"Hey! Give that back!"

George slammed the reciever back on the telephone and shook his head with a grin, "Oh, that was good."

I tried reaching for the phone again but George stepped in front of me, defending the phone as I tried grabbing around him. This was hopeless.

"Move!"

"What are you going to do about it?" George smirked, standing mightily over me.

"What are you, five?" I cried, trying again to get the phone, but George grabbed my hands instead and twirled me. I was dizzy again and the room spun and suddenly I was pressed against his chest with his nose in my hair.

"Familiar?"

I shoved him off, giving a grunt of disgust, "God, you're unbearable!"

"Oh please, tell me more sweatheart!" He cooed, getting on his knees with his hands clasped together. Who the hell was this guy! I had never met anyone so, so- so, ugh!

"Well then, I see you've met George."

Both George and I turned to Chelsea who was standing in the middle of the entrance to the apartment, dressed in shorts and a tee with her hair down and green converse on her feet. She was smiling and George got up, walking over to her where they kissed each other on the cheek and she roughed up his hair.

"Oy, don't manhandle the hair Chels!"

She laughed, "Don't worry, there's not much of it."

He faked mock horror, "What do you mean?"

Chelsea squinted, "Is that - is that a receding hairline I see?"

"Why you-" George poked her sides and she squealed, slapping him back. Meanwhile, I was standing in the living room awkwardly, hair in my eyes, the hem of my dress a bit lopsided and wide-eyed. Well, I guess George wasn't a creepy stalker after all. He was Chelsea's boyfriend.

"Oh, Cassidy, how rude of me. Meet George, George - Cassidy. Cassidy - George."

I gave a small wave and bit my lip, this was uncomfortable. I had basically accused him of stalking me - oh boy Cassidy. George snickered, "We've already met."

Chelsea walked over to the counter where her bag lay, slinging it on her shoulder as her eyebrows knit together, "Really? When?"

I could tell where this was going and so I cut in just before George could give another snappy response, "Hey, I'm sorry about breakfast. There was...an accident."

George snorted and I shot him a warning glance.

"But I'll pay you back. In fact I have the money right now - "

"That's okay, I forgot you even went out."

I smiled in relief, but then frowned about the Chelsea forgetting all about me part.

"Anyways, George and I were going to go out to get some brunch anyways. Come along."

George shot me a look that made my skin crawl and I swallowed, "Oh, no it's okay. I'm not really all that hungry anyways."

Chelsea laughed, "Don't be silly. You haven't eaten a thing."

George piped in, "She said she isn't hungry so let's just go Chelsea."

Yeah I said - wait, why are you so eager to get rid of me now George? I frowned at him as he started to get impatient and was trying to hurry Chelsea to the front door. But she shushed him and walked over to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Now. let's get things straightened out - you are coming to brunch with George and I, and you are not giving me any more excuses."

"But-"

"Walk. Now."

I shut up real quick, a bit taken aback by Chelsea's authoritative tone and quickly walked past her, settling in the hallway as George and her followed, locking the door behind themselves. Great, now I have to spend a meal with this jerk.

"So where are we going?"

We walked out onto the street and I turned to the two of them with a hopeful smile.

Chelsea looked to George who was staring up at the sky with vague interest. "Well?"

"Mac Mars'."

Chelsea nodded and started to walk, George not skipping beat as they began to stroll in sync. I guess two crazies made a whole and I actually thought it was kind of cute. They looked good together, Chelsea was gorgeous and although I hated to admit it George wasn't too shabby either. I know if Emma was here she would have already added a few inappropriate comments about them having beautiful babies. God I missed her. Emma has been my best friend since junior high and the thought of not seeing her for months made me sad. I don't know what I would do without her heartfelt advice or corny jokes. But I'd have to make do for now.

"Are you going to catch up or what?"

I blinked from my little daydream to the annoyed voice of Mr. Obnoxious and sped up, landing by his side where the three of us turned the corner. We were now on a street lined with cafes and bistros and Cheslea walked with such an air of confidence that I felt like a midgit. She definitely had a way and knew how to own it. I think I'm confident, a least a little, or that's what Emma's told me. I blew a strand of hair out my eyes and lazily gazed on down the street, watching couples and people passing by. It's been too long, since Jeremy. I don't even know how long, maybe ... seven months, three weeks and two days, but hey, who's counting?

It made me feel like a third wheel all of a sudden, and I could understand why George didn't want me to tag along. He probably wanted some alone, cutsey lovey dovey time with Chelsea and I was third wheeling hard. I felt guilty and then just plain depressed - single people have it bad. But then again, the reason for my chronic single syndrome was a good one and it made me stand straighter. I didn't need Jeremy, or any jackass for that matter. I could live happily, loving just myself, and eventually the numerous cats I would acquire. Crap - I need a boyfriend.

"Cassidy?"

"Hm?" I turned, a tired expression on my face to Chelsea and George who were looking at me funny.

"We're here...are you okay?" Chelsea cocked her head to one side.

"Yeah! I'm fine!" My voice got squeaky at the end and I cleared my throat hastily. Whenever I'm lying my voice gets all annoying and high pitched like that. It bothered the hell out of me; I was too easy to read. But Chelsea just smiled and turned with George as they walked through the entrance of a cafe. The inside was painted all yellow with posters of bands and artists plastering the walls. There was a long counter in the middle that stretched from wall to wall and had retro bar stools that twirled. The floor was checkered blue and white tile and the entrance was lined with large windows that were all opened and welcoming in a warm breeze. The place was cute, reminding me of a diner and I followed as we all took our seats at the counter.

A waitress came out, pink hair in a bun with a pencil and bare arms covered in tattoos. She looked no more than thirty and had freckles that dusted her cheeks.

" 'Ello Georgie, Chels. What can I get you two lovebirds?"

George laughed and Chelsea elbowed him in the ribs as they reached behind the counter and swiped three menus. Wow, they're real regulars. I don't think I've ever been classfied as regular in any restaurant, it was a cool idea to me, sort of like a movie and I watched with a grin. Plus, she called George - Georgie. Cute.

"I'll have the Mac Mars' burger, extra Mars's sauce with your chips and a pint. Thanks Franny."

George gave her a wink and she grinned as she took his menu, turning to Chelsea expectantly with a notepad and pen. I thought this was brunch, you know, waffles with strawberries and whipped cream in the shape of a smiley face? Alright, that's just me.

"The Crazy Mac Chips and she'll have the Mac Mar's Shake," Chelsea pointed to me from the side as she glanced over the menu. Franny glanced in the direction of Chelsea's thumb and landed on me, who looked back with a sheepish smile. Franny grinned and slid down the counter towards me, a hand extended.

" Didn't see you there love! What's your name?"

Not only am I too easy to read, but apparently I'm invisible too. I need to be painted as bright as these yellow walls. "I'm Cassidy," I shook her outstretched hand.

" Pleasure to meet you. What flavor would you like for your shake love?"

My eyebrows knit together and I looked to Chelsea who was laughing with George.

Franny didn't miss a beat and chimed in, "We have Chocolate, Vanilla, Rocky Road, Pistachio, Cherry, Cherry Twist, French Vanilla, Wasted Oreo, Wrecked Walnut, Drunk Drippin' Doughnut, Mac Mar's Trash, Leaky Faucet, Stoned Sugar, and...Peach."

I loved how the flavors were ordered from G-rated all the way to X, but the peach at the end just topped it all off for me. So much to choose from, kiddie party or ruin your life? Well, I've already went this far, so why not.

"I'll have..." I clucked my tongue as thought over the list, "the Leaky Faucet."

Franny rose an eyebrow but jotted my order down and even George looked from Chelsea to me. What? What did I order that's so bad? Franny grinned at them, they grinned back, and then she disappeared through the set of swinging kitchen doors on the side. And I was left with a sinking feeling of regret in the pit of my stomach. Oh lord.

"Never took you as the type Cassidy," Chelsea smirked and I frowned.

"What's so bad with the Leaky Faucet?" I whimpered.

"Everything," George grinned and did that oh so annoying, waggling of the eyebrows.

Crap crap crap. I can't let him get to me, I can't be afraid, I must face my fears! Even if that means a shake that has the capability of setting off a nuclear bomb in my stomach.

"I wouldn't be laughing - Georgie," I shot back with a mischevious gleam in my eyes and he fell silent, all but a lopsided smile left with the same devious look. Chelsea cleared her throat, looking at the posters around her but I knew she was getting ancy at my behavior with George. I can't help it if the guy's funny, even though he is an utter and complete ass. But I smiled and turned back to the counter, twirling on the seat.

"So, where are you from Dare Devil?" George chuckled.

"USA - California to be exact," I smiled.

He nodded, propping his chin up on his fist as he leaned on the counter, "So a Barbie 'ey?"

"Me - a Barbie?" I scoffed.

"Look at ya, tan, blond, beau - well you get what I mean," George grinned.

I felt my ego inflate and cheeks burn as I knew what he was going to say, but then I reminded myself that this was probably all part of his spiel. And I was falling for it - sue me.

"Where are you from?" I asked quickly.

"Born and raised in good ol' London."

"And I'm from Essex," Chelsea chimed in, looking past George to me with an ancy smile.

"So how did you end up here Barbie?"

I rolled my eyes at George's new nickname and sighed, "Well, I'm going to the Imperial College for the spring semester."

"University? So your parents are loaded?" George snickered.

I frowned, "Not exactly - I mean I got a schol-"

"Look at that Chels, you got a rich kid living with you. Her daddy's paying for everything isn't he."

It seemed as though someone had stuck the Happy Stick up Chelsea's butt because she suddenly perked up at George's rudeness towards me.

"Yup. Everything," She smiled from ear to ear. My eyebrows rose and I felt my mouth drop - liar! She knew the details of our rent, what is she talking about?

"Look - I got a scholarship, and my dad's only paying for the first month of rent. And secondly, I don't have to explain anything to you. What the hell do you do that's so fantastic anyways?" I countered, locking my lips in a firm line with eyes livid.

George's chest suddenly puffed out with an air of confidence, "I'm a musician."

I laughed, "So that's better? You're probably broke."

George's face fell a bit, "Well I get the occassional gig. And..." he trailed off, not coming up with anything much better. But I stopped, feeling bad as I saw how proud he was of his music.

We didn't say anything to each other for the next few minutes, but I regretted taking a stab at what George probably held most dear. But then again, he insulted me first. Right?

"One Leaky Faucet, one Mac Mar's burger with chips and special sauce, and one Mac's Crazy Chips! Oh, and your pint Georgie!"

Franny dished out our meals, scattered forks and knives with napkins and finally a straw for me. She looked up from the counter with a frown, glancing at all of us with confusion as we all sat staring at our food uncomfortably and with sudden distaste. It's official - I'm a mood wrecker. But murmured a small 'thank you' to Franny and watched as she walked away slowly. It was too silent and the amount of awkward tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. But I inhaled and grabbed my straw, tore off the wrapper quickly and plunged it into the oddly greenish looking concoction that was classified as the Leaky Faucet.

I immediatly wrapped my lips around the red straw and took a hearty gulp of the shake. And it was...godly. I didn't even realize that my eyes had closed and it tasted creamy, sweet, sour, chocolatey, nutty, bitter, strong, weak, and just - amazing. It was composed of everything and more and made my head swim with delight. This could very well be the most delectable thing I have ever tasted. The Leaky Faucet - ninth wonder of the world.

I opened my eyes to come up for air and pulled back as I started to get brain freeze. I then turned to see both Chelsea and George watching me with such fascination and awe that I felt as though I were nude or on fire. I blinked, worried, looking down at myself to see if someting were wrong. But there was nothing wrong, nothing could be wrong, since the Leaky Faucet has entered my life and made me complete. I think I was starting to worship a shake.

"God damn, she likes it," Chelsea whispered.

"She loves it," George whispered back and they continued to stare at me.

"What?" I pulled my shake closer to my chest.

"You are the first girl - scratch that - human being, that I've met that has liked the Leaky Faucet."

I continued to suck down the shake until nothing was left and then licked my lips in satisfaction, "It's amazing!"

Chelsea laughed as she dipped her fries into ketchup, "Yeah, and practically 100% booze."

Haha booze - wait what? I stared down into the empty glass before me and then looked back at Cassidy who was wearing a rather smug expression. And then to George who seemed to have admiration in his eyes. And I felt my head suddenly get light and my stomach get all warm and fluttery.

"Didn't you order chips?" I pointed to Chelsea with a stupid grin on my face.

George laughed, watching me with that same stupid curiousity, "Holy crap - she has no tolerance whatsoever! How is that even possible?"

"Tolerance? I have mad  tolerance," I nearly shouted until George started to shush me. Chelsea started laughing, letting a snort slip which then had the domino effect of George bursting out in laughter.

"Aww snap - things are getting crayy up in here!" I slurred, all suave as my hands went up in the air and George tried to get them back down.

"No please, don't talk!" He couldn't stop laughing and Chelsea's head was in her lap as she abondoned her 'chips'.

"Let's go shopping! I wanna go shopping! Can we pleaseee go shopping?" I got up from my stool, stumbling towards the entrance as George rushed after me.

Chelsea threw some money on the counter and chased after us as I came out on the street, "Let's go to a thriftshop! I've always wanted to go," I called out, cupping my hands around my mouth.

"A thriftshop? What are you going to do there?" George chuckled, trying to grab my arm to keep me from wandering but I was having a grand 'ol time.

"I'm gonna pop some tags!" I started belting out in song, and skipping down the street as George and Chelsea tried to catch up with me.

But it didn't matter. I didn't care. I had fallen off my rocker and was having fun, for the first time in a long time. And dammit, I was going to go thriftshopping.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24 0 8
Callie has just moved to university to start her first year of college. She knows no one at her new school and is desperate to make some. After all...
25.1K 1K 35
Audry has a lot of life planned out for herself but it's not going to be easy to navigate. After a long year of figuring out what and who she wants t...
3.1K 186 36
India, a 17 year old who gets transferred to California from London gets friends who will even die for her in a year. Jake, the schools hottest quar...
158 0 21
Martina Barry is a new student in town and at Bridgefield High. A very outgoing and active girl. But when player and flirt of the school, Juaquine Va...