I'm Still Breathing

By wxntrlcs

"I will never leave you," he promised. PROMISE (n.) \'prä-məs\ - a declaration that one will do or refrain fr... More

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
author's note
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
epilogue
last author's note for i'm still breathing
ANNOUNCEMENT-ish

nineteen

9 0 0
By wxntrlcs

*TWO YEARS AFTER*

I walk with pride in the empty building, even though I'm still finding the reason why we're here on a holiday, instead of just staying home and watching old series that I miss. I play with the band on my left finger, turning it around because it's a bit larger than the size of my finger. I look at my left hand and see the ring on my finger.

Logan finally had the guts to ask me last year, six months after his company party, where our private accident happen. He asked help from Alec and decided to handle a small party with the people we love the most and he popped the question. It was simple, but I don't care on how fancy or not the engagement, because with ever single day I'm with him, it's like a blessing for me.

The wedding. The wedding was special because everything I wanted as a child happened. Hadley got a hold of my diaries when I was little, where my dream wedding and dress was described. Everything was perfect. I got my dream dress and dream wedding with the man I never knew would love me.

I barge in Logan's office and cross my hands in front of me, infuriated. We should be cuddling on the couch and watching How I Met Your Mother, however, we're here in this building.

"Are you done?" I ask, finding him holding few folders, putting on the table, wherein there's a sea of folders on it. "It's Labor Day for Pete's sake, Logan. We should be at home."

"This is important, Margo," he replies, sighing. Logan stands up and heads for the door, where I lean on the threshold to stop him from going anywhere. "Finally, Mr. Tatsuya got interested with the company and I don't want to let go of the chance to give him the partnership my parents wanted ever since. Although, you can go home, if you want."

"I'll wait for you," I say, giving in, of course. He stops in front of me and smiles, giving me a peck in the lips.

"I promise this will be fast," he says. "I'm just going to get a file from Rhea's office and we're heading off." I make way and he speeds of to Rhea's office. Taking in his messy table, I collect all messy folders and neatly stack them on his table. I take his phone and slip it on my pocket.

After separating the folders he needs, I head to the huge window he has. The office building is made of glass and it's a bit scary where somebody accidentally breaks the windows. Hearing horns down the street, I look at the view down below. I touch the glass, smiling and reminiscing everything happened after the accident. I'm thankful, especially now, I'm married to Logan.

I hear the door open and I straighten my clothes. I turn and expecting to see Logan, although, I see her; the woman who destroyed everything from the start.

Ashley.

"What are you doing here?" I exclaim, clutching my chest in surprise. I notice that her hands are hidden at her back, where she locks the door ever-so quietly, making me shiver in fright. Ashley reveals her right hand, where a knife is found.

"Where's Logan?" I squeak and she laughs in response. It's not any funny laugh; it's evil and insane. "Logan!" I scream for him in fright, afraid of what's to come.

"Oh, poor Bethany," Ashley says, sneering. "She doesn't know where to go."

"Let go of that knife, psycho," I say, finding  anything to defend myself with.

"Oh this little knife," she replies, playing with the knife, gripping on the handle. "I'm going to get this lodged inside you."

"Ashley, stop," I plead.

"No," she screams, making me wince. "This is a once in a lifetime chance to finally kill you after what you've done to me."

"I didn't do anything to you," I object at her reason. I slowly back away and with every small step I take, she walks forward. "You destroyed my life, Ashley. You have no right to tell me I destroyed my life because you slept with Jamie, when I was with him."

"You drew Logan and I apart!" She screams and I pray to God that Logan could here our shouts. "You think I'm stupid to believe all of your lies? I knew that those daisies are for you because hell, Logan has no friends that wants flower. I tracked him down and I planned to cheat. I fucked Jamie, before you and that story about a one night stand? I lied. It was with Jamie all the time. We used you like you used me to get on with Logan."

"I didn't do anything!"

"You almost have everything," she exclaims, gripping on her hair. "I tried to ruin your life, but nothing happened! And no, by the way, I am NOT sorry for causing your death because you deserve it, bitch.

"Just hand yourself over," Ashley mutters. "Or I'll kill Logan. There are hundred of scenarios happening on my mind, but there's nothing logical and simple, besides avoiding the knife.

She lunges forward to grab me and I scream out for help. The knife's glowing, alarming me to avoid it in any circumstances. I know what she wants, she wants me to die, in order to achieve victory.

Crash.

I stare her and see that the vase that was on the shelf hit her, square in the face. I start to find other things to throw at her, so she could dodge it, while I head for the door. One vase she manages to dodge, hits the glass window, breaking it. The racket's loud and finally, I hear Logan's pleas on the other side of the door.

She lunges forward once more and it feels like it would go on forever. "You can't escape," she whispers, her eyes twinkles in delight.

"Margo!" I hear his screams, as I head towards Ashley, holding her wrists and making the knife fall to the ground. I take it and I didn't expect what happens next. I lunge the knife to her stomach and she cries in pain. I bolt to the door, but Ashley holds my foot, stopping me.

I didn't know that she spent her entire life waiting for this moment. She brings the weapon out of her stomach and slices my leg, making me scream in pain. The pain's excruciating and blood comes out from my leg. I wiggle my way out of Ashley's grip, but she doesn't budge. There's no way I could jump to the door.

She manages to pull herself to stand up and in my reflex, I choke her, letting her only weapon fall on the floor, and she does the same. I push her to the window, where she's useless to fight because she could fall. I grab one vase on display and smash it on Ashley's head, making her scream in pain, writhing and blood comes out from her stomach and head.

As I grip one shard of the vase from the impact I blew the vase, I point it on her throat and she doesn't move. "Move and you die, bitch," I spit, wiping the sweat and blood from my forehead.

"Do it," she says, smiling.

"Oh, I'll do it," I say, pushing the shard closer to her throat. She raises in defense and a horrific smile escapes from her lips. I take a look of myself and slowly back away from her, heading for the door. She doesn't move, instead she sneers.

As I slowly reach the door, I unlock it and Ashley screams, pulling me by the hair to the broken window. Logan doesn't move, as she sees me dangling from the window and her gripping on my neck.

"Do anything stupid Logan, or she'll die," Ashley says and Logan doesn't move. Logan and I share an eye contact. If I don't get rid of this girl, she'll kill him; the man I love. He frowns, tears spilling off his eyes.

"I l-love you," I mutter, out of breath, and push myself over the edge, pulling Ashley with me. Logan screams in fright, running towards the edge and looks at the both of us, as we fall. I let myself fall and hear Ashley screaming. Everything starts to come back; every memory comes flashing in.

Graduation.

Party.

Bulimia.

Break-up.

Suicidal.

Family.

Jamie and Ashley.

New York.

Blaire and Toby.

Homecoming.

Suicide.

Hope.

Love.

Logan.

Ashley must have known what was coming. I wouldn't let her kill Logan because he deserves better. She must have known that I wouldn't stop fighting, that we couldn't prevent our own deaths. Ashley just wanted to destroy me; which she successfully did, and everything that tried preventing everything this to happen, nothing would stop it.

I feel the cold air splash onto my face, like the last time I tried doing this, although, this isn't attempting. I just want to get rid Satan itself and not like the last time, I scream for help, my throat, body, and heart aching.

I love you, Logan. Never forget that. I try to send a message to him, as I scream for help, expecting couple telepathy might work. Everything goes black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472 128 26
I made a promise, a commitment, a vow, and an oath that I'd never fall into the brutality they call love ever again, as it is something not to be toy...
84.7K 5K 50
| COMPLETED | ~ | Chapters are being Edited | #Wattys2020 ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• He was a soldier, running towar...
1K 65 31
"you promised me forever but you lied. You're not the same person I grew up with, you changed." "You're right, I have but you have too. It's like I...
40 10 10
It is not a love story, it is about a daughter and a wife's POV about their love. There ain't gonna be romance or hope at the end, the dead heart wil...