Against Odds - A Sova Fanfict...

By DerangedMooMoos

"You are no Hunter," he breathed out, hot air blowing into my face, "you're my prey, from the very beginning"... More

Preview
Abilities
Chapter 1
New! Abilities
Chapter 2
Unlocked! Abilities
Chapter 3
New! Unlocked! Abilities
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 6

193 7 35
By DerangedMooMoos

As I sit in Brimstone and Sage's office, I listen in shock as they explain to me the concept of parallel universes. It's a concept that I've never even considered before, and the idea that there could be multiple versions of our world is mind-blowing.

"So, let me get this straight," I say, trying to wrap my head around it all. "There's an Alpha world and an Omega world, and Raze and Killjoy are from the Omega world?"

Brimstone nods gravely. "That's correct," he says. "The Omega world is a parallel universe where the Valorant Protocol never existed. Instead, there's an organization known as the Valorant Legion, which is made up of agents with abilities similar to ours. They've been causing chaos and destruction in their world, and it seems that they've been trying to expand their reach to other universes."

I shake my head in disbelief. "I can't believe that there could be an evil version of the Valorant Protocol," I say, feeling a sense of disgust and disappointment wash over me. "And to think that Raze and Killjoy would choose to work for the Valorant Legion, instead of fighting for the greater good."

"It's a disturbing thought, I know," Sage says, frowning deeply. "But it's important to remember that everyone has the choice to do good or evil. It's up to us to make the right decision, and to stand up for what we believe in."

"So, which other agents know about the parallel universes?" I ask, feeling a sense of concern wash over me. "I can't believe that this is something that's been kept a secret from us."

Brimstone and Sage exchange a look, before turning back to me.

"To be honest, Zehra, only a select few agents have been informed about the existence of parallel universes," Brimstone says, looking apologetic. "We only recently learned about it ourselves, and we wanted to be sure that we had all the facts before we made any decisions about who to inform."

"I understand," I say, nodding slowly. "But what about Raze and Killjoy? They know about the Valorant Legion, and about the other agents in their universe. Are they the only ones who know about it?"

"Not exactly," Sage says, frowning deeply. "Viper, Phoenix, Jett, Sova, and Yoru also know about the parallel universes and the Valorant Legion. We felt that they needed to be informed, in case we face any threats from the Omega world."

I nod, feeling a sense of understanding wash over me.

"I understand why you've kept this information secret from most of the agents," I say, feeling a sense of understanding wash over me. "But is there anything else that you can tell me about the parallel universes and the Valorant Legion? I want to be as prepared as possible for any threats that may come our way."

Brimstone and Sage exchange a look, before turning back to me.

"I'm sorry, Zehra, but there's only so much that we can tell you at this point," Brimstone says, looking apologetic. "We're still learning about the parallel universes ourselves, and we don't want to risk spreading misinformation or causing panic. But rest assured, you'll be informed as soon as we have more information."

I nod, feeling a sense of frustration wash over me. I want to know as much as possible about the threats that we may face, but I understand that Brimstone and Sage are being cautious.

Sage sighs gravely. "I understand your frustration, Zehra, but it's important to keep this information secret for now. The less people who know about the parallel universes, the less risk there is of causing panic or confusion."

I nod, understanding her reasoning. "I understand," I say. "But can you tell me anything?What do the agents from the Valorant Legion want from us?"

Sage hesitates for a moment, before finally speaking up. "From what we've gathered, it seems that the Valorant Legion is trying to steal our world's radiant," she says, looking concerned. "They've been using rifts to teleport between the two worlds, and we believe that they're trying to gather as much radiant as possible in order to gain more power and influence."

I gasp in shock, unable to believe what I'm hearing. "They're trying to steal our world's radiant?" I say, feeling a sense of disbelief wash over me. "But why? What do they hope to gain from it?"

Sage shakes her head. "We're not sure yet," she says, frowning deeply. "But we believe that the Valorant Legion is trying to use the radiant to gain more power and influence, and to spread their chaos and destruction to other worlds. It's important that we do everything we can to prevent them from succeeding."

I nod, feeling a sense of determination wash over me. "We'll do whatever it takes to stop them," I say firmly. "We can't let them succeed in their plans."

"Good," Sage says, giving me a reassuring smile. "I'm glad to have you on our side, Zehra. And remember, this information is to be kept secret for now. We can't risk causing panic or confusion among the agents."

"I understand," I say, feeling a sense of responsibility wash over me. "I'll keep this information to myself, and I won't tell anyone else about the parallel universes or the Valorant Legion. I just hope that we'll be able to learn more soon."

With that, I bid Sage and Brimstone farewell and make my way back to my room. As I lay in my bed, trying to meditate and clear my mind, I suddenly feel a strange sensation wash over me. My vision starts to blur, and I see dancing shadows of light in the darkness. They swirl and twist around each other, seeming almost alive.

I try to make out what they are, but the light shadows are too fast and elusive. They seem to disappear and reappear at will, floating into particles of light that shimmer and sparkle in the darkness.

I can't make sense of what I'm seeing, and I wonder if I'm just imagining things. But as the shadows continue to dance and swirl around me, I can't help but feel a sense of unease wash over me.

I close my eyes, trying to clear my mind and focus on my breathing. As I do, the shadows slowly start to fade away, disappearing into the darkness.

I open my eyes, relieved to see that the shadows are gone. But as I lay in my bed, I can't shake the feeling that something strange is happening. I wonder what the shadows could mean, and if they're a sign of something sinister to come.

I decide to keep a close eye on things, and to be on the lookout for any other strange occurrences. With that in mind, I close my eyes and try to get some rest.

I wake up to a notification on my comms device, and as I read through it, a smile spreads across my face. It's not a deployment notice, calling me out on a mission. It's a message from Sova, asking me to meet him outside for a surprise date. I had been given the day off for the success of my mission.

I can't help but feel a sense of excitement and happiness wash over me. I love spending time with Sova, and the idea of a surprise date sounds like a lot of fun.

I quickly get out of bed and get dressed, making sure to look my best for our date. As I finish getting ready, I can't help but feel a sense of anticipation building inside me. I can't wait to see what Sova has planned for us.

I head outside, and as I approach the designated meeting spot, I see Sova waiting for me with a smile on his face.

"Hey, beautiful," he says, giving me a hug and a kiss. "Are you ready for our surprise date?"

"Absolutely," I say, grinning from ear to ear. "I can't wait to see what you have planned for us."

Sova smiles mysteriously, and takes my hand. "You'll just have to wait and see," he says, leading me away from the base.

As Sova leads me away from the base, I can't help but wonder where he's taking me. I have a feeling that it's going to be something special, and I can't wait to see what he has planned.

As we walk, we pass through a busy city street, filled with people and bustling with activity. I can't help but feel a sense of excitement and energy as we navigate through the crowds, and I can't wait to see what's next.

Finally, we arrive at our destination: an old-fashioned arcade. I can't help but feel a sense of nostalgia wash over me as I step inside, taking in the sights and sounds of all the different games and machines.

"I thought you might like this place," Sova says, giving me a wink. "I figured we could spend the day competing in challenges and trying out all the different games."

"That sounds like a lot of fun," I say, grinning from ear to ear. "I love arcades, and I can't wait to see what you've got in store for me."

As Sova and I start playing games at the arcade, we decide to make things a little more interesting by making a bet.

"How about this," Sova says, grinning mischievously. "We'll play a few rounds of each game, and the loser has to do whatever the winner wants them to."

I can't help but laugh at the idea. "You're on," I say, determined to win. "I'll make sure you end up doing my bidding by the end of the day."

We begin our competition with a round of go-karts, racing each other on the winding track. The smell of burning rubber and the sound of revving engines fills the air as we navigate through the twists and turns, determined to come out on top.

Next, we move on to skee-ball, trying our luck at the long lanes of rolling balls. The sound of the balls bouncing and clacking against the lanes fills the air as we compete to see who can get the most points. I focus on my aim, trying to get as many balls as possible into the high-scoring rings.

After skee-ball, we decide to try our luck at the claw machine. The colorful prizes inside the glass case sparkle and shine, tempting us to try and win them. I carefully maneuver the claw, trying to get it to grab onto one of the prizes. It takes a few tries, but eventually I manage to snag a stuffed bear and triumphantly hold it up in the air.

As we end the day with a dance-off on the Dance Dance Revolution machine, I can't help but feel a sense of excitement and energy coursing through my veins. The flashing lights and thumping music fill the air as we compete to see who can get the highest score.

"You're going down, Sova," I say, grinning at him as I step up to the machine. "I've got some pretty impressive moves up my sleeve."

Sova smirks and steps up to the machine next to me. "We'll see about that," he says, pressing the start button.

As the music starts to play, I feel the rhythm coursing through my veins. I move to the beat, trying to outdo Sova's impressive moves. I feel the energy and excitement of the game flowing through me as I dance and move to the music.

Sova and I are neck and neck as we play, each of us determined to come out on top. The music and lights swirl around us as we dance and move, lost in the rhythm and the fun of the game.

Finally, the song comes to an end, and the scores are displayed on the screen. I can't help but grin as I see that I've come out on top, beating Sova by a narrow margin.

"Well done, Zehra," Sova says, smiling and shaking his head. "I can't believe you beat me."

"I told you I had some pretty impressive moves," I say, giving him a suggestive wink. "But it was a lot of fun, and I'm glad we were able to end the day on a high note."

As we walk out of the arcade, hand in hand, I can't help but feel a sense of happiness and contentment wash over me.

As Sova and I walk back to the base, chatting and laughing about our day at the arcade, I can't help but feel a sense of happiness and contentment wash over me. It's been a great day, and I'm glad we were able to spend some quality time together.

But just as we're almost back at the base, Sova suddenly pushes me against the wall, his movements quick and fluid. I yelp in surprise, my heart racing as I try to understand what's happening.

"What the hell, Sova?" I cry out, trying to catch my breath.

But before I can get any answers, I see Sova's hair move as a bullet flies past him, narrowly missing his head. My eyes widen in shock and fear as I realize that we're under attack.

"Stay down!" Sova orders, pulling me behind a nearby trash bin for cover. "I don't know who they are, but we have to take them out before they can do any more damage."

I nod, activating my "Heaven's Light" ability and unleashing a powerful energy blast that disorients and distracts our attackers. Sova follows suit, using his arrow abilities to create a cloud of smoke that helps to cover our escape.

We work together seamlessly, using our powers to fight off our attackers and defend ourselves. I can feel my adrenaline pumping as we fight, determined to protect ourselves and each other.

But just as we think we've won, I see a group of figures emerge from the shadows, pulling Raze and Killjoy towards a shimmering rift in the air. I realize with horror that they're trying to rescue the enemy agents and escape through the rift.

"No!" I cry out, unleashing another energy blast at the attackers. But it's too late, and I watch in frustration as they disappear through the rift, taking Raze and Killjoy with them.

I turn to Sova, my heart racing and my hands shaking with anger and frustration. "We have to report this to Brimstone and Sage as soon as possible," I say, my voice shaking with emotion. "We can't let those bastards get away with this."

Sova nods gravely, his expression grim. "I agree," he says. "We have to do everything we can to track them down and bring them to justice."

Together, we make our way back to the base, ready to report what happened and plan our next move.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 2.1K 61
A series of one-shots and short stories of the agents of VALORANT. Just a little note, some stories are Rated T for Teens and some are Rated M for Ma...
3.8K 18 10
怊Addictive Touch怋, A Lesbian VALORANT fanfiction by Kyo. Reyna and Jett were allies in battles and close friends. They both are powerful and talented...
24 0 4
A year after Fades revenge against Valorant leaves members suspicious about each other, but as everyone began to settle and become comfortable in pro...
2.2K 87 18
Endless flirting, endless arguments and endless promises. What happens when a professional, charming gunman comes across a cold doctor during an inci...