Ichinose Honami : Route D

By TakaKouji

What if scenario in which Ichinose Honami is placed in Class D. What will her presence in the class of defect... More

Vol 1 Prologue II : Freedom and Goodbyes
Chapter 1.1 : It starts with us
Chapter 1.2 : Gaining Influence I
Chapter 1.3 : Gaining Influence II
Chapter 2.1 : Clues and Conclusions I
Chapter 2.2 : Clues and Conclusions II
Chapter 2.3 : Clues and Conclusions III
Chapter 3.1 : New Relations I
Chapter 3.2 :New Realtions II
Chapter 4.1 : Club Fair
Chapter 4.2 : 1 +1 = 3
Chapter 5.1 : Planning I
Chapter 5.2 : Planning II
Chapter 6.1 : Ad Astra per Aspera
Chapter 6.2 : Bad COP

Vol 1 Prologue I : Future

5.2K 141 49
By TakaKouji

-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-

"We can't predict the future, but we can create it with our own hands."

1st April, 2023, 8.25 a.m.
Location : ANHS, Tokyo

Chairman Sakyanagi

As I sat in my chair, going over the last bit of paperwork for the start of the new academic year at Tokyo Metropolitan Advance Nurturing High School, I thought to myself, what will this new school year will bring and how new students are going to accommodate themselves in this new environment.

As I finished the paperwork, I went to my office window and looked out at the school. There was activity on the main gate of the school, which usually remains silent throughout the year. In contrast to how lifeless it usually is, it was brimming with the lively arrival of new students.

April
The month when the majority of Japanese students begin their new journey toward their goals.
Some of these students went on to become great leaders for the country, carrying it forward on a global scale.
Some people start fantastic businesses that benefit the economy.
Some become well-known athletes, musicians, dancers, doctors, engineers, scientists, and other professionals.
It has been demonstrated that the development of a country is primarily determined by its people and resources.

However, it is ultimately up to individuals to determine how to best use scarce resources in order to achieve rapid development and breakthroughs in innovation.
Education is responsible for shaping a person, as people are the most important factor in determining a country's status.

As we all know, Japan has a limited natural resource base, making it even more important for the country to improve its human resources by providing its children with the best education possible.

As a result, education is the backbone of any country; it contributes significantly to technological advancements and imparts a wide range of skills, values, and awareness.

And it is for this reason that my father founded ANHS: to provide the country with students who will become responsible citizens.

I believe that a student can only improve in a natural setting where they can learn whatever they want. Although one of my closest friends does not share my vision of education, I can't blame him; after all, he was able to achieve results with his students that this school had never seen before.

But I still want to believe in my father's vision and complete it.

I was deep in my internal conflict when I heard a knock on the door, and I knew who was on the other side without even asking.

"Please come in," I said.

"Good morning, Chairman Sakyanagi," said the man in front of me.

"Good morning, Mashima-Sensei," I said quietly, adding, "Please take a seat."

Mashima Tomonari is one of my most trusted employees and a teacher at my school. He was once a student who walked the same halls as current students and has a personality to rival even the best teachers in the country. That is one of the reasons he has gained my confidence.

"So the new batch starts today, huh?" he asked as he took a seat.

"Yes, and many new and distinct students will walk through those doors today in search of a bright future," I responded.

"Indeed, Chairman Sakyanagi," he began, "so much time has passed since I was also a student here, but it still feels like it was just yesterday that I crossed those doors and you were there welcoming all the students, huh," he reflected on his past.

"Yes, Mashima-Sensei, I remember that day and all the students who came into the school smiling," I said.

After all, it is our responsibility as instructors to provide these students with all of the guidance they need to lead to a successful future, and remembering them in their thoughts is also an important duty of a good instructor.

"So, Chairman Sakyanagi, what do you want to talk about?" he inquired as to why I had summoned him.

"Well, Mashima-sensei, I'd like your opinion on the students this year, just like last time," I said, encouraging him to share his thoughts on the new class.

"Well, there appear to be a lot of unique students this year, Chairman," he said, referring to my daughter and a Class C student, both of them he find intriguing.

But I had a doubt that he is not complementing my daughter because of my position, so I went ahead and asked him about him.

"So, Mashima-sensei, I have a question for you," I said, adding, "Do you have any reservations about adding my daughter to your class?"

"Huh. What exactly are you on about, Chairman?, I personally checked her records and she is a genius. So, as far as I am concerned, I don't have any doubts about her place in my class," he replied to my question.

"Well, that's encouraging, I was concerned that you might think she got that placement because of my position as chairman of this school," I told him.

"Nonsense, Chairman, I've known you for far too long to judge you," he replied.

"Thank you, Mashima-kun," I said, adding, "so, what are your thoughts on other classes, particularly this year's Class D?"

"All of the classes have many talented individuals this year, Chairman," he responded, continuing his observation. "Although it is always like that, Class D usually has the most talent in school, but it's a shame that they weren't able to shine and capitalise on their talents in previous years." He came to an end with his conclusion.

"You are correct. However, the system was designed in such a way that we instructors are unable to directly intervene and guide students in their problems. It is their responsibility to identify and correct any deficiencies." I said.

"Yes, Chairman. For example, this year there are 4-5 students in this class who could easily have been in Class A, but their flaws are preventing them from reaching their full potential." He responded to me, and I agreed.

"Yes, Mashima-kun, this year's Class D may even outperform yours when you were a student," I said.

"I believe that as well, but they would also need a leader like him if they were to pull something like that off," he replied calmly.

"Yes, he was an incredible student, and it was a shame that your class was unable to break the curse of Class D," I said, adding, "Your batch was when I started my career as Chairman of school, and I was surprised by the level of students at this school, and your batch was exceptionally the best batch we had until that time."

"Yes. Although I am not one to dwell on the past, I still believe we had a good chance of reaching our goal." "Although it's all in the past and we can't change it, leaving the memories where they belong is the best course of action we can take," he sighed.

"I completely agree with you, Mashima-kun, but I doubt those two would agree with us on this," I replied, slightly chuckling.

"Hahaha, I believe the world will end before those two reach an agreement," he responded.

"I don't know what I would have done if it hadn't been for you, Mashima-kun." I sighed as I remembered how handful those two can be.

"Don't worry, Chairman; they may harbour grudges against one another, but I don't think they're stupid enough to intervene directly in the lives of students and try to manipulate them." He responded, assuaging my fears.

"I sure hope so," I said.

"Well, going back to the topic, it would be great to see if someone in this new Class D would be able to actually guide others and bring out their full potential," he said.

When he said these words, I remembered a rather unique student who was going to start school this year. If anyone is capable of pulling something like that off, it has to be him. If he were to lead this class, I doubt that even the best student in the school could compete with him. But I doubt that someone like him would want to be in the spotlight; that is why he manipulated and scored low on his entrance exam scores and tried to keep a low profile. And because I know about his past and have a vague understanding of his desires, I assigned him to Class D. With him around, this school year could become quite interesting.

"Well, Mashima-kun, the entrance ceremony is in 10 minutes; we should get started. Would you mind coming with me to the gym?" I inquired of him.

"Certainly not, sir. Although, I have a small request for you, Chairman," he explained.

"Hmm... You have a request. Please do not hesitate to inquire." I motioned to him, asking what was on his mind.

"Well, you see, last year you gave a great speech. But the speech was too lengthy, Mr. Chairman. And it's not weird to see Class C and Class D students dozing off during speeches, but last year several Class A and Class B students were not paying attention to your speech because of its length." he said and continued "So if you can, please try to make it a little shorter," he said, which was completely surprising.

"Ehh......." I choked on my words before composing myself and saying, "Well, if you think so, Mashima-kun, then I will try to keep the length of my speech shorter this time around."

"All right, then, let's get started." I followed him as he stood up and motioned towards the door.

"However. "Mashima-kun, I'm curious if you paid attention to my speech when you were a student," I asked.

Maybe he was taken aback by my question and went into a thinking pose, and then, as if recalling the day, he turned his head away from me and said quietly, "O-Of c-course, Chairman, it is a student's duty to pay attention to their teacher's words." He stuttered at first, revealing his blatant lie.

"You know, Mashima-kun, your expression and manner of speaking aren't helping you, hahaha," I chuckled.

"I apologise, Chairman; it was not my intention to doze off during your speech at the time," he replied nervously.

"Don't worry, Mashima-kun, you were just a kid back then," I reassured him, adding, "Although I find it amusing to see someone as calm and collected acting like that."

"Well, Chairman, that's a memory I truly want to forgive," he said, and continued, "I should go where my class is. It was a pleasure speaking with you, Chairman Sakyanagi."

"Oh no, Mashima-kun, I thank you for your important observations today," I replied.

Our conversation came to an end, and we entered the gymnasium. I began observing the student body after he left for his class. I found the boy I was looking for in the stands outside his class in about a minute. He stood calmly, observing each student and attempting to learn as much as he could from their movements and demeanour.

"So, he actually made it here," I thought to myself.

Maybe he sensed my gaze on him; he turned his head in my direction, but I changed my gaze just in time to avoid making him uncomfortable.
I took one last look around the student body and saw that everyone had arrived, so I proceeded to the podium to begin the entrance ceremony for this year's students.

"Good Morning Students, I am Chairman Sakyanagi and I welcome you to the Tokyo Metropolitan Advance Nurturing High School. This is a school where we nurture our students for the future and make them aware of their latent potential.
After all, we can't predict the future, but we can create it with our own hands. And that's what we do in this school." I announced in front of the 1st year student body and continued my speech

However, I was unable to fulfil Mashima-request kun's and ended up giving a lengthy speech. I noticed many students dozing off, but I guess it can't be helped.

With some last words, I ended my speech and students motioned to their classes.....
and again a new academic year started.

-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-

Author Notes :

Words : 2,051 words
Characters : 11,506 characters

See you all in Next Chapter of

𝕴𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝕳𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖎
        𝕽𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖊 𝕯

Until then, Sayonara

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 131 3
A story centered around both Ayanokoji and Kushida. Other characters will play key roles but to clear one thing up these are the two protagonists in...
12.4K 178 18
Kiyotaka returned to the White Room, along with Class D. I got the idea from @AlbertIsBestGirl's fic You can make the original characters react 🥇: a...
52K 1.5K 14
what if in volume 7 Classroom of the Elite first year . Karuizawa Kei decides to end her relationship with Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Here Kiyotaka will...
129K 4.5K 24
Due to popular demand and requests, I have finally decided to do it. Thanks to @Exotic_Animator for making this story. It's hasn't been updated for a...