On thin ice

By unluckycharm0_0

Lumity human au First owl house fanfic so bear with me😭😭 May be some slight mature content but nothing too... More

A second chance (kind of)
Hexside
Tryouts
The party
First game
Saturdays are for the gays
Someones always watching
Winter break and big mistakes
New information and hesitation
Hard work pays off
The Golden Guard
The plan
Lost and found
A christmas miracle
New years re(solution)
Back to school blues
Little miss perfect
Jealousy, Jealousy
Somewhere over the rainbow
One mess after the other
Everyone has a motive
Where did we go wrong?
A night in nash
Going once, going twice
Standing at a crossroads pt 1

Later never comes

762 27 55
By unluckycharm0_0

No one POV:

Today is game day. Its 3:00...in the morning. Luz was grinding it out in the gym. The game is hours and hours away but Luz felt like the extra mile was worth it. She barely got sleep but this was more important. She worked out until her legs and arms gave out, which was now.

Luz grabbed her towel and wiped the sweat off her face, heading for the dorm. Slowly she opened the doors being careful to not wake up the blight. "Luz?", amity said tired and confused. "Shit. Uh hey ams. You can go back to sleep. I was just working out", Luz whispered. "*yawn* what time is it", amity asked. "Time for you to go back to sleep", Luz said grabbing things to take a shower. "Well we still haven't talked you know and I-". "We will later", luz cut her off and closed the door. Amity sighed and turned over to go back to sleep.

~The morning~

"Luz! You're gonna be late for class!", amity yelled out from the bathroom. She waited for a response but heard nothing. "Luz?", she said walking out and scanning their room. Then she saw a note on her bed.

The note read, "Hey ams, ur probably wondering where I am rn. Well I already left for class because I went to study this playbook with Boscha. Ur probably also wondering why I left a note and didn't just text or tell u before. Well I don't know, I've seen this in movies and stuff so why not. Well okay see you in English -luz :p". "Okay...", amity took the note and put it on her desk.

She grabbed her things and headed to class. She was lucky that her class wasn't far because she really didn't feel like going. That's very out of character for her. When she made it to class, she found her seat and sat down. She had already did the homework for this class and it wasn't due til next week. She likes to be ahead. All she had to do was wait until english so she could talk to Luz. That should be easy.

~English~

That was not easy at all. She did have Boscha in one of her classes but still. She barely had anything to do, no Noceda to bother her. But now it was her favorite period. Not because Luz was in there...obviously. She enjoyed writing. Like poetry. Also fan fiction...but again, no one needs to know that.

Poetry found its way into amity's heart at a young age. It was one of the only things that kept her okay when she was having issues with her parents or her friendship with Willow. She could express all that she was feeling on one piece of paper with one pen or pencil and that's exactly what she was doing. She looked over to see Luz reading a book. The cover looked familiar.

Amity leaned over to the girl. "Are you reading Azura?", she asked. Luz jumped and closed her book. "No! What? Nooo. That's crazy. Why would I ever read a book about a powerful witch and her rival with a hint of obvious tension and romance?". Yep. She definitely reads it. "At least let me see which one you're reading dork", amity asked playfully.

Luz pushed the book over to her friend. "Omg. No. Way. You have book five?", amity asked shocked. She's been wanting to read that one forever but she couldn't find it anywhere. "Uh yeah it is, you read this series too?", Luz asked feeling a little more relieved. "Of course I do, it's the best", Amity replied.

She could go on and on about The Good Witch Azura. Little did she know, so could Luz. "Who knew the Luz Noceda, the mysterious student would be a dork", amity said. "Whatever, I'm a bad boy. We both know it", Luz said winking at amity. This made the girl go red. Like terribly red. "Shut up, also can we talk about that thing. You said later and I was thinking we could talk about it now.", the blight asked hopefully.

Just then the bell rang. Of course. "I wish I could but I'm meeting up with Avery for lunch, she's gonna help me study for my pre calc test. Later though, we'll talk", Luz said running out the door, almost knocking a kid over in the process. "Okay. Bye", amity said, a half smile creeping on her face. She left her class and went to join her friends at lunch.

~Lunch~

Amity was surrounded by her friends. She was only missing one of them but she couldn't let that get to her. "Amity you good? You barely touched your food", Gus asked. "Yeah I'm fine Gus thank you", amity replied. She just stayed quiet, her thoughts being the only source of sound. They started to grow louder with doubts and worries.

Amity started to get a little shaky, her leg bouncing in anxiousness. "Hey guys I'm gonna go uh do some work", she said excusing herself from the table. She quickly walked out of the cafeteria and went outside. In the back of the school there was a set of stairs. These stairs led to a rooftop garden. She knew of this place because of Willow.

When they were lower class men they would sneak up here and draw and write. Amity would write a bunch of poems and Willow would draw pictures to go with them. Amity found their spot and sat. She pulled out her journal. The cover had lavenders all over, her favorite flower.

Willow grew some for her since she knew how much she loved them. She took out her pen and stared at the paper. She couldn't think of what to write. She knew what to write but she couldn't put it on the paper. She started to write but scribbled it out. "Fuck", she said ripping out a page . She tried again. Nothing.

The frustration was eating her alive. She closed her eyes, felt the wind. She heard something. It sounded like music? Like she could hear a tune being created with the nature around her. She thought back to what Luz said.

Flash back

"What's this?", Amity asked stepping in and taking a seat. "This my friend, is how you will learn to connect with the music", Luz said stepping in and shutting the door.

"And why would I need to do that?", amity asked. "Well blight, feeling the music while you're skating helps you be more loose and free with yourself", Luz started. "You'll do moves you never knew you could do if you just let the music take over".

Amity knew what she had to do. She wrote down what she was feeling and collected her things. Leaving the garden she eventually ended up in the music room. She put down her bags and went for the piano. She was classically trained because of her mother.

She never played since her mom tried to turn everything she did into some competition. She lost the joy for it. She lost that connection . The one Luz was talking about. Maybe that's why her skating has been off all these years. She briefly looked over what she wrote and put it in her lap.

She opened up the piano, dust flying everywhere causing amity to let out a sneeze. She hopes Luz never hears that. She ran her hand over the keys. It's been so long. She went for it, she started to play. After a little while she found the courage to sing her feelings.

"When we first met, your heart was free"

"Your hopeful eyes saw only me"

"Now you're looking for something. Something I can never be"

"When you are really all I need"

She could feel the emotions building up. All the events with Luz that she's experienced replaying in her head.

"You keep on telling me later. But later never comes around"

"Please stop telling me later. As you search for what just can't be found"

"Take my hand, come with me now and we'll fly free"

"No more later, we both know that's a lie"

"Don't let this be the day I say"

"Goodbye"

"Goodbye"

Tears fell on her book. They kept falling. She knew she had to talk to Luz. She couldn't wait anymore. She had to do it. She took out her phone and sent her a text. Once she heard the bell she grabbed her things and left. She knew that this would have to happen sooner or later.

~later that day~

Luz was finally done with all the things on her list. After she studied she went back to school but decided to skip class and practice some drills. After that she left to go help Eda with the shop and King. She was now heading to the spot that amity told her to meet her at. She had got a text saying, "meet me here to talk". She didn't think anything bad out of it. She knew where she was when she arrived. The tree.

Flash back

"This was nice, I needed this Luz", amity said sincerely. "You going soft on me blight?", Luz asked taking a sip of her drink. "Ha, in your dreams", amity replied.

This thought made her smile. This was the day her and amity went on their own little adventure. That was one of Luz's favorite days. She parked her car and ran up to the tree. There she saw amity standing there but she looked off. "Hey blight, you okay? I got your text", Luz asked.

Amity didn't answer at first. This made Luz worry. "Amity come on what's wrong", she said going to grab amity's shoulder but amity moved. Now Luz was very concerned. "Is this about me being busy? I'm sorry but with the game coming up and all this stuff-", she said before being cut off.

"Luz it isn't about the game. This isn't about your busy schedule. I mean it is but it's just a part in it. You kept saying we would talk. We never did", amity said turning around to face her. "Luz you blew me off, many times. I know you would never hurt me on purpose but it's becoming too much for me", she continued trying to keep her tears from spilling.

"Amity I wanted to talk", Luz said trying to defend herself. "When Luz, when. Tomorrow? Next week? Next new years when you decide to kiss me again?", amity said. Luz was confused. "I thought you liked the kiss, you kissed me back". "Luz I loved the kiss. I love- I can't go on being unsure. I asked you what we were. You gave me nothing. I'm done assuming and hoping to be something. Luz I like you. I have since I met you. I may have acted stand-off ish or like a jerk but my heart felt for you", amity said crying.

"It sucked seeing you with Jessica. It sucked hearing you talk about Avery. Watching other girls talk to you killed me inside. I'm not sure how you feel. I'm not sure it would matter". Luz didn't know what to say or how to say it. "What do you mean?", she asked. Amity took a deep breathe.

Trying to stop crying wasn't gonna work so she didn't try. "Luz I'm leaving at the end of the week. The competition got moved up early and my mom is forcing me to leave days before. She already found me a partner who will meet me there. I'm sorry. I wanted to dance with you. Maybe this was destiny you know? You meet someone, have a good couple laughs and then you fade from them". Amity handed her a folded piece of paper. "Don't open it until after your game. I'll be there tonight but I think after it's best if I don't see you before I go".

"No amity listen you can't go. The championship game is coming up this weekend. You were looking forward to that, to us skating together at regionals. You can't just throw that away", Luz begged.

Amity just looked at her. She walked closer to the girl and grabbed her face. Amity planted a kiss on Luz's cheek and rubbed the spot with her thumb. "Goodbye Luz". And with that she left.

Luz was empty. She didn't know what to do. But she had a game to play. She didn't even care about the stupid game anymore. She just wanted amity. Why couldn't she just tell her how she felt. Luz ran back to her car and drove to the game, crying on the way there. She knew she fucked up for real this time.

~game time~

"Welcome tooooo the game you've all been waiting for!!!", Edric announced. "This is the Huskies vs the Griffins, the rival game of the season". Luz and her team were in the locker room waiting to be called out.

Luz only had amity on her mind. "Noceda do you hear me?", coach said. Luz snapped out of her daydream . "Yes coach". He nodded and blew his whistle. Emira announced the team and they skated on the ice. If Luz wins this game then she can leave right away and talk to amity, maybe try to convince her to stay.

The whistle blew and they were off. Luz was quick to the puck. She stole it from a Griffin, brought it down the rink and scored!!! "GOAL BY NOCEDA", Edric yelled. Everyone was cheering for her.

She looked out and searched for amity. She saw her sitting with their friends. She looked devastated. Luz knew she had to fix this. Right now the score was 10-8, the huskies were up. Coach called a time out. "Okay guys, do the Noceda 911, they'll never see it coming". The team nodded and did their chant.

They got into their formation for the play. Little did they know Glandus had something up their sleeve. The whistle blew and they started the play. Once Luz had the puck she sprinted. Next thing you know she was charged into a wall.

More of Glandus players began charging at her. They had Luz against the wall and they weren't even going for the puck anymore. "HEY WHAT THE FUCK", Boscha yelled skating over and pushing them out the way along with the other huskies.

Luz finally got free and pushed one of them. "What the fuck do you think you're doing", she said angrily. "Punking around little Noceda", the player spat back. "I heard about you, your parents, your record, Amity". This set Luz off. She charged at the player and a fight broke out.

Coaches and refs made big efforts to break up the fight. "EVERYONE ENOUGH. Due to this roughhousing I'm calling off the game and postponing it. Coaches will get an email about the next game. Sorry to everyone who came to watch", said one of the refs. Luz was pissed. She skated off into the locker room. She took her helmet off and threw it. She was so angry but mainly sad. She sat against the lockers, letting her head bang on the locker. All she could do was cry.

Amity watched the whole thing happen and was concerned for Luz. She still loved her and obviously didn't wanna leave but it's what she had to do. When leaving the rink she saw her worst enemy. Jessica. She was standing over with some Glandus player. It was the one who fought Luz. She saw Jessica kiss them and whisper something.

Yeah hell no. She stormed over there as the player walked away. "You did this didn't you", amity said furious. "And? What if I did. She had it coming anyway", Jessica said. Amity was so tired of this girl. "Jessica you are such a bitch", she said. Next thing you know, amity slapped her. "DID YOU JUST SLAP ME?!", Jessica said holding her face. "You had it coming", she said pushing past the girl and walking away. She needed to see Luz but she also needed to pack.

From a far, a cloaked figure saw that interaction go down. But the figure soon left, still unseen by anyone.

Luz was back in her dorm. She was sitting on her bed reading the note amity gave her. It looked like it had tear drops on it and Luz gave it a couple more. She grabbed her guitar. She tried to calm herself down. She started to play a melody. She put the note in front of her.

"When you had her, you were set free"

"Her love for you was plain to see"

"You kept looking for something, a measure of security"

"But she was really all you need"

"You kept on telling her later but later comes around"

"Please stop telling her later. Stop searching for what can't be found"

Moments with amity were going through her head. She wanted her. She needed her.

"Take her hand. Go with her now and you'll fly free"

"No more later we both know that's a lie, this will be the day she says"

"Goodbye"

Amity's goodbye replays in Luz's head

"Goodbye"

The note was filled with tears. Just like Luz's eyes. Luz was filled with hurt. Just like amity's heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 676 51
Hello, this is my first fanfic so it probably won't be as good but I hope you like it! Ships included: Lumity Huntlow Raeda Aladarius ...and maybe m...
4.5K 79 14
4 years after the fight with Belos Amity decides to take a huge step in her life and relationship (I suck at summaries) Part 1 of my AU
2.4K 96 11
"One month. 30 days. I could make you fall for me." "What?" Amity said back, unsure that she heard right. "That's absurd. You wouldn't be able to. I...