A Christmas Accident

By Artaith

**This is a short Christmas fan fiction based on C.L.Stone's characters from the Ghostbird Series.** ... Chr... More

Authors Note/ Trigger Warnings
A Festive Fright
A Festive Fix
A Festive Funny
A Festive Foregathering
A Festive Fight
A Festive Friendship
A Festive Foxtrot
Festive Feeling
A Festive Favourite
A Festive Fall
A Festive Flight
A Festive Favour
A Festive Family
A Festive Frost
A Festive Feast
A Festive First
A Festive Farewell
A Festive Fact
A Festive Fear
A Festive Fanfare
A Festive Fiend
A Festive Forewarning
A Festive Forgiveness
A Festive Forever
Authors Note

A Festive Frock

385 35 4
By Artaith

Luke's reasoning for disappearing so quickly was answered a short time later, as Gabriel insisted on helping her get ready for the day.

At first she had been a bit unsure, but he had been nothing but gentlemanly as he helped her wash her hair. It was a surreal moment, having someone be so gentle and caring as they massaged first shampoo and then conditioner into her long blonde hair.

Sang couldn't actually recall the last time someone had done something like that for her. From as early as she could remember – she had taken care of herself, including purchasing her own wash products.

But sitting there, with her head bent back over the bathtub, Sang closed her eyes and enjoyed the gentle ministrations as Gabriel hummed a tune she wasn't familiar with. He took a painstakingly amount of time to pamper her, including picking out her outfit the day – even if she wouldn't let him go through her bag to get it.

Blushing, Sang had ducked into the bathroom with her underwear before he has seen it and had a quick, luxurious shower that she could have spent all day in. But Gabriel's yelling through the closed door for her to hurry up cut her shower short.

She was also glad she had thought to bring her underwear with her, as she felt less exposed wearing it beneath her towel as he first blow-dried her hair and then curled it.

"Perfect, now hurry and get dressed." He told her as he left her gaping after him as he closed the bathroom door behind him. Shaking her head with a small smile, she grabbed her clothes and paused.

These weren't her clothes.

"Er... Gabriel?" She called out hesitantly.

"What's up?"

"Well... It's just that... these clothes aren't mine." She said, looking down at the thick pair of tights and beautiful soft pink, embroidery dress clasped in her hands. Fingering the mesh like material overlaying the soft cotton – Sang couldn't help but fall in love with the feminine dress, even if she knew it wasn't hers.

"What are you talking about – the dress and tights' are yours. Now hurry up and get dressed before we're late." He demanded as he walked away from the door. Hesitantly, she placed the dress and tights on the counter, and unlocked the bathroom door to pull it open.

Gasping as a firm, muscular back greeted her, Sang slammed the door closed as her cheeks flamed. But the image of a half-naked Gabriel was burned in her brain. Her heart skipped a beat as she remembered all the beautiful, pale skin on display – and butterflies took flight in her stomach.

Jesus – even his butt was tight and firm.

Groaning into her hands, Sang almost melted to the ground in mortification.

"Sang?" Gabriel called hesitantly through the door, and she could just imagine his face was the same burnt red as hers.

"Sang's on holiday." She moaned, pressing her palms into her eyes as if she could will away the image. The embarrassment of catching him half-naked wasn't even the worst part – it was the warmth pooling in her lower belly from seeing it.

Sang knew all of the guys were gorgeous, after all she wasn't blind. Hell, she even knew how attracted to them she was – but the full-on desire pebbling her skin was another kettle of fish.

How could she look him in the eye again after that?

"Sang, open the door – please." He murmured, and she dropped her hands and eyed the door like it was a snake about to bite her.

"A-are you dressed?" She stuttered, because there was no way she was opening that door if he wasn't completely covered.

"Yes." Sighing, she slowly pulled open the deadbolt – dread filling her as Gabriel pushed the door open. Keeping her eyes to the floor, she clutched her towel against her chest – suddenly feeling too naked for this confrontation.

"Look at me, please?" He asked sweetly, and unable to deny him – she slowly lifted her eyes, her breath catching as she saw the beautiful dark jeans and orange shirt he was wearing. He looked handsome, even with his black eye and mussed hair.

But the heat in his eyes is what truly made her breath catch. "Come here." Holding his arms open, he beckoned her forward, but she just shook her head and stepped back. "Fucking hell trouble, I still had my boxers on you know." A surprised laugh escaped her at his exasperated eye roll, and she shook her head at herself – knowing she was being silly.

Stepping forward, she let him wrap his arms around her and she slowly relaxed into his hold. "I don't mind if you want to cop a feel as well – you know, so you can say you had the full Gabriel Coleman experience?" He said, and she sucked in a breath at the unexpectedness of his comment – choking at it caught in her throat.

Chuckling, he tightened his hold around her and rocked them side to side. Flabbergasted, she could do nothing but try to catch her breath as he swayed them.

"Right, now that awkwardness is out of the way. Why aren't you fucking dressed yet?" Pulling back, he glared down at her towel as if offended she was wearing that and not the dress.

Relieved he changed the subject before she had managed to embarrass herself any further, she shook her head and gently picked up the dress – afraid she would ruin it if she wasn't careful.

"This doesn't belong to me. Where are my jeans and blouse?" She asked, her cheeks still burning as she tried and failed to hold his eyes.

Scoffing, he pressed the dress back towards her. "You are not wearing those ratty things in my presence. Plus, how else was I supposed to give you my Christmas present?"

"P-present?" She stuttered, unsure if she was hearing him right. He looked smug at her surprise, and she shook her head as the rest of what he said processed. "Ratty things. My clothes are not ratty!" She exclaimed, anger making her expression dark as she glared up at him.

"Just say thank you." He smirked, and she shook her head – suddenly annoyed at him, but really she was just hurt by what he had said.

"No. I want my clothes back please." Turning away so he wouldn't see the impact his words had, she dropped the dress onto the counter.

Jumping when a pair of warm arms wrapped around her from behind, she peeked up at the mirror through her lashes and saw Gabriel behind her, a guilty expression on his face. Pressing his chin on top of her head, he met her eyes in the mirror.

"I'm sorry Trouble. Sometimes I don't fucking think before I speak. I didn't mean to insult you – it's just I felt a bit self-conscious about my gift and thought if I made a joke out of it..." He trailed off, and she softened beneath him – realising he had been trying to hide his fear of her reaction behind his prickly joke.

"I love it Gabriel." She whispered, turning in his arms until she faced him. Seeing the surprise on his face made her feel terrible for her reaction, so she leaned forward and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Can I try it on now?"

Elation brightened his eyes, and he nodded as a wide grin split his expression.

"I'll be right outside." He told her, and she stifled a giggle when he bumped his head on the doorframe in his rush to leave the bathroom. Shaking her head as he cursed and finally pulled the door closed behind him, Sang turned to the dress and tights on the counter.

As she slowly got dressed, her thoughts spiralled over the face that Gabriel had somehow managed to get her a gift on Christmas Eve, when all the shops should have been closed – not to mention that it was late when she went to bed.

How had he managed such a feat?

Pulling up the zip on the side of her dress, Sang looked up and gasped as she caught sight of her reflection.

She looked so... pretty.

Running her hands down the soft material of the dress as it draped delicately over her thin frame, she swirled to the side – admiring how the skirt swished around her thighs – the thin gold embroidery flowers shimmering beneath the light coming through the windows. Adding in her curled hair, which Gabriel had half clipped away from her face and she thought she looked like a princess.

Wow.

"Sang, you ready?" Gabriel called, shocking her from her awed pursual.

"Y-yes, just a minute." She responded as she picked up her discarded towel and hung it back up. Grabbing the doorhandle, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before pulling the door open and stepping out.

"Merry Christmas..." A chorus of voices shouted, and she jumped in fright at seeing nine men filling her room. Their voices trailed of when they caught sight of her, and she blushed beneath the shock colouring their expressions.

"Holy shit!" Luke exclaimed, earning a smack to the back of the head from North. But she could see a few of the others nodding along as if they agreed with Luke's comment – and she ducked her head at the attention.

"I think Gabriel's gift blows ours out of the water." Sean breathed as he stepped forward – forcing her to lift her head as he took her hands in his. "You look beautiful Pookie." He told her, making her blush deepen.

"T-thank you." She forced out between numb lips, and he smiled brightly down at her as he pressed a kiss to the back of her hand. "You don't look so bad yourself." She added, and he didn't.

He was wearing a pair of light wash jeans with a deep purple shirt that brought out the stunning colour in his eyes and he had somehow managed to tame his messy blonde curls.

"Thanks Pookie, but I have to say I woke up this way." Giggling at his awful comeback, she relaxed – loving how the doctors silly playfulness always eased her anxiety.

Feeling braver now, she turned her head and looked at the men around her.

She saw Gabriel whispering to Luke, who was wearing another festive jumper today – only this time it said 'I'm sexy and I snow it' with a picture of a winking snowman. Shaking her head with a small smile as he caught her staring and winked, he turned back to his conversation.

Tapping away on his phone, she saw Victor standing on the outskirts of the group as his brow dipped in concentration. Today he was wearing a dark pair of slacks with an open collared black shirt – making his skin glow beneath the skylight and showcasing the familiar silver medallion around his neck she had seen yesterday.

Frowning when Kota elbowed him in the side, she watched as Kota said something to Victor making him look up and meet her stare. Blushing at having been caught, she quickly tore her gaze away – but not before seeing the confusion darkening his eyes, or the curiosity in Kota's.

Nathan winked at her when her attention unconsciously landed on him, and she gave an awkward wave with her free hand – making his smile widen in amusement. Dressed in a pair of dark jeans, he looked snug in his red jumper which surprisingly suited the redhead rather well.

Darting a quick look back at Kota when Nathan started talking to the duo - she took a moment to admire his deep, forest green shirt and beige slacks – the outfit sharpening his soft features and making his green eyes almost glow behind his glasses.

"Sang baby?" North called, and she looked over to see him standing a few feet in front of her, holding a cup of steaming liquid. The elf mug looked tiny in his large hands, and she tried not giggle at how uncomfortable he looked holding the only splash of colour against his black jeans and matching shirt.

Holding it out to her, she took it with a small amount of surprise. "For me?" She asked, and he nodded – his typical scowl twisting his features. "Thank you." She whispered as she brought the cup to her lips and sniffed.

Humming at the scent of peppermint tea, she took a hesitant sip and sighed at the taste of minty warmth. Relieved she liked it – as she would have felt awful had she not, she took another drink – happy when she saw his expression soften in response to her happiness.

"It's lovely." She told him and he nodded, rubbing a hand across the back of his neck as his cheeks darkened slightly. Surprised to see the normally surly man blushing, she fought the urge to tease him – not wanting to make him uncomfortable, even if she enjoyed seeing the flush to his golden skin.

"Aggelle Mou!" Her surprise vanished as she turned slightly to see Silas coming towards her – his big arms outstretched. Stepping into them with a grin, she snuggled against his large chest – feeling tiny as he wrapped his arms around her for a brief, but comforting hug.

Pulling back, she noticed he was wearing a blue festive jumper – the style tame in comparison's to Luke's and it made his beautiful eyes pop. "Hi Silas." She grinned, and he chuckled as he hugged her once more.

"How are you this morning Aggelle?" He asked.

"I'm great thank you, this all feels so surreal – like I'm still dreaming." She admitted honestly, twisting her hands together in front of her as she worried for a split second that she was going to wake up to find herself back in her dorm-room all alone.

"Do not worry, you are not dreaming." He reassured. "What do Santa's elves learn in school?" He randomly asked, making her freeze for a moment as she tried to adapt to the rapid change in conversation.

"I don't know?" She answered, and he nodded as if that explained everything.

"See, if you were dreaming you would have known the answer, Naí?" He said, somehow making complete sense. Her smile brightened as her worry vanished – and she nodded.

"Good." Pulling back, he patted her gently on the shoulder. "By the way Aggelle. The elves learn the elf-abet." He rumbled, making her laugh as he stepped out of the way of Owen.

Seeing the stern ice-king had her laughter catching in her throat, and she offered him a soft smile when she saw his mask was lowered a little today – making his grey eyes sparkle.

Matched with his grey sweater and black slacks – he looked relaxed compared to yesterday, and she was pleased to see the small shine of happiness in his expression.

"Merry Christmas Owen." She whispered.

__________

Hey everyone!

I apologise for any mistakes in this chapter, as I rushed to get this typed and shared before the end of the day.

But I hope you enjoyed it!

Stay safe <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 1.2K 14
Sang Sorenson, formerly a shy girl from Charleston, South Carolina. Now? She's Ava, a bubbly singer who took the world by storm. Years after the Acad...
269K 16.8K 47
I'm not a normal girl. I've known this since I was five years old and got my first gift. I have no idea where it came from, who I am, but it's someth...
355K 16.7K 60
{Completed} A lost soul in a sea of anguish and confusion, Sang floats alone, and the treacherous waters around her are starting to consume her; she'...
60.7K 2.7K 18
Sang was happy, smiling and laughing and loving her boys. Until one day, she received news that could rip them apart. Tears are cried, anger is shown...