Lost Faith

By Senaminyaaan

A fanfiction for Lout of the Count's Family written by Yu Ryeo Han. I do not own the Lout of the Count's Fami... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Epilogue

Extra Chapter

1.6K 124 25
By Senaminyaaan

It took weeks for Cale to adjust in his new life and Rok Soo was helping him get used to it. Rok Soo asked his parents about the origin of Cale, since the redhead was different from normal Koreans. He learned he was orphaned when he was born after his parents abandoned him in front of the church in Scotland when he was still a baby. Then, when he was two years old, a Korean couple adopted him and brought him to South Korea. Cale's previous family couldn't bear a child so they adopted him. However, when Cale turned three years old, his adopted parents divorced and he was abused by his stepmother.

The abuse continued until he was four, it only stopped when the housekeeper couldn't take the abuse anymore. They called the child welfare officers and Cale was taken then was brought back to the orphanage in Korea. Cale spent one year in the orphanage then his parents adopted him. It was purely coincidence that Rok Soo's parents managed to find Cale.

When Cale was found, the redhead was in a playground in the daycare when he met his parents. His parents told him that Cale was alone, maybe because of the color of his hair. Cale was shy and soft-spoken, he was hesitant whenever he spoke, his hands trembled when they talked, he couldn't even make eye contact with his parents. It took them a while before Cale finally opened his heart to them, only a little though.

That was why Rok Soo's parents were surprised to see how Cale smiled at him.

"Cale," Rok Soo called his brother. The redhead looked at him. Rok Soo lifted him and placed him in his lap.

"I heard what happened to you before our parents took you in, it must have been hard," Rok Soo said as he gently patted his head. Cale remained silent.

"Don't worry, no one will hurt you now. This big brother of yours will protect you," Rok Soo added as he smiled at him. The redhead faced him and he buried his face on Rok Soo's chest.

Cale was having trouble expressing himself and voicing out his opinions as a result of constant abandonment and abuse. Even then, Kim Rok Soo was helping him and he was fully hands on taking good care of Cale.

Since their parents were both working and Rok Soo needed to go to school, Cale had to be sent to a daycare during the day. Rok Soo would be the one who would pick him up everyday.

Cale took a while before warming up to the children and teachers in the daycare. Rok Soo felt happy after Cale started talking about the friends he made in the daycare.

One afternoon, Rok Soo picked up Cale with Soo Hyuk and Jung Soo as the two wanted to meet the redhead. As soon as Cale saw Jung Soo, he stiffened. The little redhead didn't know why.

Rok Soo noticed Cale was trembling and was staring at Jung Soo. Then he realized something, Jung Soo bears resemblance to Choi Han. Cale started breathing hard, he was certainly panicking. Rok Soo immediately embraced his brother as he whispered consoling words while gently patting his back.

Does Cale remember his past life? Rok Soo frowned as he carried Cale. The redhead buried his face on Rok Soo's neck.

"Did we startle your brother?" Soo Hyuk asked.

"I guess this is not the perfect time to introduce you," Rok Soo responded. He could feel Cale's little body shaking.

Jung Soo and Soo Hyuk both scratched their heads but they understood. They knew the little redhead's background so they understood why he reacted that way.

"Little Cale? I heard your name is Cale. I know this is sudden but I am your brother's friend, my name is Lee Soo Hyuk. You can call me Hyung," Soo Hyuk smiled. Cale slowly lifted his head, tears formed at the corner of his eyes.

Cale saw Soo Hyuk's gentle smile which made him at ease as he gripped on Rok Soo's clothes. The latter smiled fondly as he continued gently patting his back. The little redhead offered a small, shy wave to Soo Hyuk which made his heart warm.

What?! That's unfair! Jung Soo thought since as soon as Cale saw him, the child had a panic attack.

"Hello, Cale. I am also your brother's friend, I am Choi Jung Soo," he said in a friendly tone. Cale hid once again but slowly took a peek then he was greeted with another gentle and friendly smile from Jung Soo.

Cale nodded as he buried his face on his brother's shoulder. Jung Soo understood the little kid's actions. After what had happened to him, the kid would have a hard time opening up to strangers.

Small steps at a time, Jung Soo nodded and smiled at the redhead kid.

The three went separate ways and Rok Soo was still carrying his brother. When they arrived home, Rok Soo prepared their meals and their parents arrived on time for dinner. Their parents always did their best to always arrive on time for dinner so they could eat together. Rok Soo already told them it was alright not to rush home but their parents insisted.

Once they were done eating, Rok Soo and Cale bathed together. Then, they went to their room to sleep. The two were sharing the same room since Rok Soo wanted to be with Cale and vice versa.

"Hyung?" Cale called. Rok Soo responded with a hum.

"Are you mad at me?" The little redhead asked.

"What? Why would I be mad at you?"

"Because I was rude to your friends earlier."

The redhead looked glum which made Rok Soo chuckle as he gently caressed his head.

"It's alright, Cale. That's not something you should worry about. If you find something or someone uncomfortable, you can express yourself more freely. You don't have to force yourself to like the people around us," Rok Soo said as he scooped Cale and gave him a warm embrace as the older one gently leaned his head on the redhead's.

"Won't your friends find me displeasing?" Cale asked.

"No, they won't. If they are truly my friends, they will understand. I don't want you to force yourself to like everyone we know," Rok Soo answered. "If you don't like them, you are free to reject them."

Cale quietly listened to his older brother's gentle and soothing voice.

"You are your own person. You have the right to choose your friends, you don't have to force yourself to be liked by everybody. Take it easy, one step at a time, hm?" Rok Soo added.

Cale broke off the embrace and Rok Soo was greeted by the younger's bright smile—which made Rok Soo nostalgic. The older one felt warm inside his heart seeing the familiar smile painted on Cale's face. Oh, how much he wanted to see that smile once again.

Rok Soo reached out his right hand as he cupped the younger's cheek. Cale held the hand holding him as he nuzzled his face on it as he giggled. Rok Soo smiled.

"Should we sleep?" He asked. Cale nodded as he laid beside his brother.

"By the way, why were you afraid of Jung Soo? May I know the reason?" Rok Soo asked. He wanted to know whether Cale remembered the face of the person who tormented him or not.

"Umm ... I don't know but when I was at the orphanage ... I always had this nightmare," Cale responded in a small voice.

Nightmare? Rok Soo repeated. He subconsciously caressed the younger's head.

"Jung Soo-hyung looked like one of the people who appeared in my nightmares ... he was scary," Cale tightly closed his eyes. "He was killing me in my dreams."

"Shh," Rok Soo whispered as he embraced the younger one after seeing him cry from the memory.

Rok Soo knew Cale certainly does not remember his past lives. The pain he felt must've been the reason why he still got those nightmares. The trauma he felt remained even after reincarnating without the memories. It is said that how a person died and their fears during their past lives remained as a form of trauma, so Rok Soo believed it was like that.

Cale quietly sobbed in his brother's embrace. He didn't know why his brother was so kind to him. Even when they first met, he was treated with care and gentility. His brother always tended to him without any complaints. Sure, there were times he would scold him but he was patient and understanding all the time.

The redhead finds it weird for a stranger to love him so dearly as if he was his treasure. However, Cale didn't hate it. Cale felt he found a missing piece in his life the moment they met. He felt fulfilled and his soul screamed in joy as if he was waiting for him. His young mind couldn't totally understand the feeling.

"Don't worry, Cale. Nightmares are just nightmares, they are not real. Even if they are, your hyung will protect you," Rok Soo consoled as he wiped Cale's tears. The latter nodded as he slowly drifted to sleep.

Days passed, Soo Hyuk got along really well with Cale. They would play from time to time. On the other hand, Cale was still uncomfortable around Jung Soo which slightly saddened the latter but he understood. Cale still tried to speak with him and get to know him after all. Jung Soo was satisfied with that.

The four individuals would always spend their time together, since Cale was shy, the two would make Cale be familiar with socialization. Their parents were also patient and understanding towards the little child. When it is their day off, they would often go to an amusement park or aquarium. Sometimes they even go on trips so Cale would learn more as they travel. Little by little, Cale was starting to regain his shattered confidence; but it was still far from the Cale Rok Soo once knew.

After a year prior to Cale's adoption, their parents needed to go on a business trip for two months outside the country. Their parents didn't have any relatives to take good care of their children while they were away but Rok Soo reassured his parents he could handle looking after their house and his brother.

"Rok Soo-ah, are you sure it's fine not having anyone to help you at home?" their mother asked.

"Yes, Mom, Dad. Don't worry," Rok Soo responded then Cale came out behind his older brother.

"We will look after the house, mommy, daddy. I will help hyung!" Cale seconded as he raised his right arm, sending out a cheerful smile to ease their parents' worries.

Their parents smiled from being called "mommy" and "daddy", after all it took Cale a while before he could call them that comfortably. Even though Cale has been calling them that for a while now, their parents couldn't get used to it; because of how cute their son was. They both gave their sons a warm embrace. Then, they bid farewell and wished their parents a safe trip. Now, Cale and Rok Soo were left alone in their house.

A week after their parents went on a business trip, Rok Soo woke up with a high fever. Cale suddenly awoke after he felt something hot beside him. He jolted when he saw his older brother breathing heavily and he looked like he was suffering from a great headache.

"H-Hyung!" Cale called as he gently patted Rok Soo's cheeks.

"Cale? Ah, I'm sorry about this. Let me rest for a while, 'kay?" Rok Soo asked as he fell asleep again.

Cale didn't know what to do, he hopped off the bed to get some cold, wet towels to ease his brother's temperature. He knew his brother needed to eat but he didn't know how to cook yet. The little redhead started panicking.

"A-ah. What should I doo?? Hyung?" Cale was starting to tear up when he saw his brother's phone lit up.

Cale immediately took his brother's phone and he saw the name of Choi Jung Soo on the screen. The little redhead was reluctant in answering the phone since he was still afraid of the person. However, he steeled himself as his brother needed help than let his fear overtook him.

"H-Hyuuung, help me. What should I do?" Cale cried. The person on the other side of the phone was taken aback as they paused for a while before finally responding.

[Cale? What happened? Why are you crying?] Jung Soo asked, his voice sounded worried. He could hear the child sniffing on the other side.

"Hyung's red like a bell pepper. His face is hot and he is breathing like this fuuuu-fuuuuu haaaaa-haaaa," Cale responded as he cried. "Hyung looked like he is in pain."

[Okay, okay. I understand, I'll go there, okay?]

"Mmm, okay. Hurry up," Cale said as Jung Soo hung up.

Cale hopped on the bed to sit beside his brother.

"Hyung," Cale quietly called.

After ten minutes, Jung Soo arrived and rang the bell. Cale immediately opened the door and he latched on the older's leg.

"Cale, you shouldn't open the door without checking who rang the bell," Jung Soo commented as he lifted the little redhead. "You have a lot more to learn, baby."

Jung Soo went to their room while carrying the crying redhead. He finds it endearing that Cale set aside his fear of him because he was worried about his brother. Because of this, Jung Soo could clearly see that the kid loved his elder brother as much as Rok Soo loved Cale.

"W-What did you do to your brother?" Jung Soo asked, seeing how messy Rok Soo was. The wet towel was all over his face and some of the pillows were soaked.

"That's because hyung is too hot, mommy said if it's hot I can put cold water on it so it won't be hot anymore," Cale explained. Jung Soo sighed which made the little redhead flinch.

Jung Soo put Cale down and wiped his tears and snot on his face. His eyes were swollen due to crying nonstop.

"You should squeeze the excess water next time, your brother might get sick even more if he looks like he got splashed by water," Jung Soo explained.

"Ehh? Will hyung's condition get worse?" Cale asked as he fidgeted and tears were about to fall from his eyes again.

"No, no. It's alright, your brother will be alright. Haha, a simple splash of water won't kill him!" Jung Soo said but it made Cale's expression worse.

"Hyung can't die!" Cale cried.

"Of course, we will not let him die. Come, help me," Jung Soo said as he gently patted his head.

Jung Soo wiped the water and sweat from Rok Soo's body. He also replaced the pillows that got soaked in water, Cale took some change of clothes from his brother's closet. After they cleaned him up, Jung Soo stuck a cooling patch on Rok Soo's forehead. Seeing the changes of his brother's complexion, Cale sighed a breath of relief. Then, a gurgling sound was heard. Jung Soo chuckled.

"Are you hungry, Cale?" Jung Soo asked. Cale timidly nodded.

"Let's make some food downstairs, baby," Jung Soo said as they went to the kitchen.

Jung Soo made some porridge for Rok Soo and a full meal for Cale. The little redhead helped by making him wash some veggies and setting the table. When Jung Soo was done cooking, he placed Cale's food in front of him and delivered the porridge to his sick friend.

Cale enjoyed every bit of food on his plate. He didn't expect for the food to be delicious, seeing how his Soo Hyuk-hyung and Rok Soo-hyung made fun of him, it was quite unexpected.

"Oh, how's the food, baby?" Jung Soo asked, smiling.

"It's unexpectedly delicious!" Cale cheered and raised a two thumbs up.

"Haha what do you mean unexpected?" Jung Soo laughed. He also ate beside Cale and the two conversed for a while.

"Your brother will be fine after eating, drinking his meds and resting. So don't disturb him for a while, okay?" Jung Soo advised. Cale nodded and the older one felt happy that the redhead was listening to him.

After eating and resting for a while, Cale and Jung Soo cleaned the house as they waited for Rok Soo to wake up. When they were done, the two sat on the couch and Jung Soo was reading some books for Cale.

The redhead was currently sitting on his lap which was new for the older one. After all, Cale was always stiff around him and couldn't stay with him for a long time. Seeing how the little redhead was sitting close to him and having conversation with him was a biggest improvement for Cale and achievement for Jung Soo. The two spent their time reading some fairy tales Cale brought to him.

It was night when Kim Rok Soo finally beat his fever. He could smell the delicious aroma of their dinner. Jung Soo might have cooked for them again.

Ugh, I owe him again, Rok Soo thought.

However, what welcomed him was not Jung Soo but rather Soo Hyuk.

"Soo Hyuk-hyung? When did you come here?" Rok Soo asked.

"Shh, you might wake them up," Soo Hyuk said as he placed his forefinger in front of his lips, gesturing to be quiet. Rok Soo looked at him in confusion and Soo Hyuk gestured to him to look at what he was looking at.

Kim Rok Soo smiled warmly as he saw the scene before his eyes. Jung Soo was sleeping on the couch with Cale on top of him. They must have been reading a book since it was on the floor; must've fell when Jung Soo fell asleep.

"Cale finally warmed up to him," Soo Hyuk chuckled as he remembered the kid who kept wailing whenever he saw Jung Soo.

"Let them be for a while, they must be tired," Rok Soo said.

Few minutes later, Jung Soo awoke and the first thing he saw was the red bundle on top of him. He then saw Rok Soo eating with Soo Hyuk. He arrived earlier before they fell asleep.

"Are you alright now, Rok Soo?" Jung Soo asked as he carefully sat up and secured Cale in his arms.

"Yes, thanks to both of you," Rok Soo responded. "I am glad Cale's no longer afraid of you haha."

"Well, this baby had been worried that it overwritten his fear towards me," Jung Soo smiled as he remembered the crying child earlier sticking to him to make sure he would tend to his big brother.

Cale woke up after hearing his brother's laughter.

"Hyung!" Cale happily called as he spread out his arms. Rok Soo took him from Jung Soo and he immediately hugged his brother.

"I am happy you are okay now, hehe," Cale smiled. Rok Soo just patted his head.

The four ate their dinner happily and Kim Rok Soo was glad and could confidently say Cale finally adjusted to this world. He made friends in his daycare, his nightmare started disappearing when he opened up to them and he was sure his two friends would care for Cale as well.

Cale will definitely grow up as a child filled with love and care from the people around him. Rok Soo swore not to let Cale experience the same heartbreak as he had during his past lives. He would just watch over and guide him so he wouldn't stray from his path and he was sure his friends would help him do that too. After all, Cale is beautiful when he is happy.

- E N D (?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 1.5K 18
Cale henituse did 'not' survived after using instant. Time is morphed and crumbled after Cale used the said power, to prevent the chaos erupting, th...
42.5K 3.1K 31
[Cale × og fem character] There is a ghost. Only he can see. It's not annoying. Her presence is weird. She knew everything about him. But he can't fi...
135K 9.1K 63
A fanfiction for Lout of the Count's Family written by Yu Ryeo Han. I do not own the Lout of the Count's Family. This is just a FANFICTION. Note: Thi...
7.1K 398 11
Choi Han woke up right next to the man that he once beat to a pulp. The last thing he remembered is fighting against the white star and now he was ly...