COSMIC LOVE | TOMORROW

By Manon_Dixon_Jones

" ꜱᴏ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴀᴍᴇꜱ ʙᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ. " NETFLIX'S "TOMORROW" Li... More

𝘐𝘕𝘛𝘙𝘖𝘋𝘜𝘊𝘛𝘐𝘖𝘕
𝘗𝘓𝘈𝘠𝘓𝘐𝘚𝘛
𝘗𝘈𝘙𝘛 𝘖𝘕𝘌
𝘡𝘌𝘙𝘖 𝘐
𝘡𝘌𝘙𝘖 𝘐𝘐
𝘖𝘕𝘌
𝘛𝘞𝘖
𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌
𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙
𝘍𝘐𝘝𝘌
𝘚𝘐𝘟
𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕
𝘌𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛
𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌
𝘗𝘈𝘙𝘛 𝘛𝘞𝘖
𝘛𝘌𝘕
𝘌𝘓𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘓𝘝𝘌
𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘙𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
𝘍𝘐𝘍𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
𝘚𝘐𝘟𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
𝘌𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘖𝘕𝘌
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘛𝘞𝘖
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘍𝘐𝘝𝘌
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘚𝘐𝘟
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘌𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌
𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘙𝘛𝘠
𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘙𝘛𝘠 𝘖𝘕𝘌
𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘙𝘛𝘠 𝘛𝘞𝘖

𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕

2.1K 121 12
By Manon_Dixon_Jones

" ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴡᴏʀᴅ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴀʏ. "

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

True to her word, Seo-Yun limited her movement for about 5 hours before she decided that if she didn't move now and do something, she was going to lose her fucking mind. Seo-Yun spent those 5 hours staring at her white ceiling, counting the slight cracks she could see in the paint and noting in her mind to fix it later. So here she was, in a fresh pair of black dress pants and a clean white shirt, her black leather gloves concealing her scarred hands, her hair in its usual pristine ponytail. The only tell-tale signs she had been in a scruff were the cut on her bottom lip and the bruise on her cheek that had yet to heal. Seo-Yun, in her 5 hours of recovery was itching to find Joong-Gil, she needed to apologise to him, she knew that right now he hated her but she needed to tell him she was sorry.

Her heart started to beat a little faster the closer she got to the door, the hallway was dark, lights bright enough to see the floor barely. Seo-Yun bit her lip nervously, her gut twisting painfully.

He won't want to see you.

He doesn't care about you, not anymore.

He hates you. You're a liar. Nothing but a burden.

Seo-Yun clenched her jaw tightly at the intrusive dark thoughts, she let out a shaky breath and stood frozen for a long moment. Staring at the door handle with dark eyes, her hands shook as she willed her body to move and grab the handle. She knew he hated her, she wanted him to say to it, get it over with but as she slowly cracked the door open a familiar voice made her freeze.

"You said Mr Park saved Koo Ryeon?" The Director asked Mr Ha. Seo-Yun gulped and opened the door further, the slight noise causing everyone to turn their attention Seo-Yun.

"Ms Yo. Just in time, as Joong-Gil's partner and The Assistant Manager. Do you believe Mr Park would save Koo Ryeon?" Seo-Yun walked forward confidently, sparing the Board of Directors a small bow of her head in greeting. She spared Joong-Gil a small glance, he stared forward, not once giving her his attention. Seo-Yun clenched her hands into fists behind her back before staring directly at the Director.

"No Ma'am. Mr Park has held a strong despise towards Ms Koo and The Risk Management Team. I see no logical reason as to why he would even attempt to save Ms Koo." Seo-Yun firmly explained, the Director nodded and turned slightly the lead reapers who stood behind her.

"What do you all think?" She asked and as they gave their opinions on the matter, Seo-Yun stared at Dae-Su. He knew who she really was, the runaway princess who lived with a price on her head, taken away by a mother who only wanted to use her as a bargaining chip for her own safety and a father who hunted them down like the monster he was. 

"Mr Park. You used the Reaper's Guarantee of Responsibility you had with Ryeon. To destroy The RM team?" The Director asked Joong-Gil who stared at the ground for a moment before looking up.

"Yes. I did." He answered flatly, Seo-Yun looked at him with pursed lips.

"Ryeon's retaliation against the cyberbullies, was that part of it too?" The Director continued. Joong-Gil nodded.

"Yes." He answered, his voice firmer. Seo-Yun repressed the minuscule urge to smirk at Mr Ha's inraged expression.

"Park Joong-Gil!" He yelled in anger, turning to face the reaper on the floor.

"What's all this about?" He asked through clenched teeth.

"I used the Reaper's Guarantee of Responsibility to try to destroy the RM Team." Joong-Gi answered. The Director nodded in agreement along with the rest of the board.

"Of course. There's no way Mr Park would have tried to save Koo Ryeon, as Seo-Yun stated earlier." Ji Hwa-Ja said.

"I get it now." Yong-Hee mused and Dae-Su stared at Joongi-Gil.

"Shut up all of you." He said as he walked in front of Joong-Gil and knelt down.

"Then why did Park Joong-Gil and his assistant let Koo Ryeon escape?" Mr Ha asked, his eyes slowly trailing to Seo-Yun who stood passively. No hint of emotion on her face.

"I told you, I never did that. I was trying to take her myself so as not to trouble you, Mr Ha. Ms Yo was following my orders." Joong-Gil answered. 

"That's how the fight must have started." The Director stated, Dae-Su stood up with an incredulous expression.

"What?" He asked and Seo-Yun stared at him, a flicker of amusement passing through her eyes.

"I acted rashly, ma'am." Joong-Gil admitted, and Seo-Yun had to give it to him, he was a good actor. 

"Park Joong-Gil. You disobeyed a superior officer and caused trouble, which cannot be overlooked. You will spend a month alone in your current state and be demoted to a mere employee for six months. Do you accept your punishment?" The Director stated and Seo-Yun took a sharp inhale, seven months of not being by his side. Seo-Yun couldn't remember a time when she had been separated from him for more than a couple of days let alone seven months. Joong-Gil swallowed and took a moment before giving a single nod.

"Yes. I accept." The Director nodded and turned to Mr Ha.

"Go back now, Ha Dae-Su." Dae-Su's lips curled and he glance between Joong-Gil and Seo-Yun.

"Ma'am. What about Yo Seo-Yun? She was there as well, she has an affiliation with Koo Ryeon." The Director stopped in her tracks and slowly turned to Dae-Su before looking towards Seo-Yun who continued to stand completely still and emotionless.

"Ms Yo." Seo-Yun's steely gaze filtered to The Director in acknowledgment.

"Are you guilty of what Mr Ha is accusing you of?" Seo-Yun glanced at the Board for a millisecond.

"Mr Ha is correct. I was there with Mr Park, I was following my superior officer's orders. However, my affiliation with Ms Koo is nothing more than a younger employee respecting her superior. I have no involvement with Ms Koo." Seo-Yun stated, her voice steady and firm. The Director nodded and studied Seo-Yun for a moment.

"I see. Yo Seo-Yun, because of your involvement you will write a full report on these events and have it to me in 2 hours as part of your punishment." Seo-Yun bowed her head.

"Yes ma'am." Seo-Yun acknowledged, believing that was the end of it but the Director looked towards Joong-Gil before looking back at Seo-Yun.

"However because you were merely following orders given to you by Mr Park, and have no involvement with Koo Ryeon, you will not be punished further. You will be promoted to Manager of the Escort Team for 7 months while Mr Park serves his punishment." Seo-Yun eyes widened, not expecting any of this. Unknowingly to Seo-Yun, Joong-Gil glanced up at her, pride glistening in his eyes before he looked away.

"Y-Yes ma'am." Seo-Yun stuttered, bowing to her. The Board sent Seo-Yun small looks of acceptance, The Director turned to Dae-Su.

"Lossen his chains." She ordered before turning and leaving the room. Leaving Seo-Yun, Joong-Gil and Ha Dae-Su alone. 

Dae-Su snarled and walked towards Seo-Yun.

"You little bitch." He snarled, Seo-Yun looked at him her honey eyes darkening.

"Careful now Mr Ha, nothing is stopping me from writing in my report about how you laid your hands on a younger female employee without reasoning, I'm pretty sure that would count as harassment," Seo-Yun said lowly as she stared him down.

"I have the mark to prove it." Seo-Yun continued, gesturing to the hand-shaped bruise on her cheek. The bruise now an ugly purple-yellowish tint, Dae-Su stared at Seo-Yun in silent fury at her threat.

"Now, I would like to have a few words with Mr Park. Privately." Seo-Yun stated and Dae-Su took another step towards Seo-Yun.

"Watch where you tread... Little princess." He whispered before walking out. Seo-Yun let out a breath when she heard the door close, she closed her eyes and let her shoulders slump slightly. Seo-Yun swallowed as she looked to Joong-Gil who continued to stare at the ground in silence, and with her heels clicking against the dark floor Seo-Yun walked to him and knelt down on both knees in front of him.

"Joong-Gil." She whispered, her voice and eyes begging him to look at her. Seo-Yun clenched her gloved hands that land in her lap nervously.

"I...I know you're angry. I know you hate me for lying to you, for keeping the truth of your past from you for so long...But I couldn't tell you, no matter how many times I wanted to, not just because I swore to The Director and Ryeon, but because I didn't want you to relive that pain. Wh-When the Director gave me permission to look into your past after I found out about your connection with Ryeon...I-I felt your pain, I felt how broken you were when you lost her. And it killed me to see you like that." Seo-Yun poured out, stuttering every now and again as she tried to justify her actions. 

"I-I thought that if by not telling you the truth, it would spare you the pain of remembering. And I know. I know it wasn't my place to decide that, but I couldn't handle seeing you like that again, not you. Not the person who has become everything to me. My Mentor. My best friend. My brother- I wanted to save you the way you save me-" Seo-Yun's words were cut off when she felt a firm hand on her own, she snapped her eyes up to see Joong-Gil softly looking at her. She stared at him, tears blurring her vision slightly.

"It's okay." He whispered but Seo-Yun shook her head.

"No. No, it's not. In my attempt to try not to hurt you, I ended up doing that exact thing." She denied it, Joong-Gil shook his head and gripped her gloved hand tighter.

"Seo-Yun. Look at me." He ordered, and it took Seo-Yun a moment before she could look at him. 

"You were doing what you thought was right." He argued, before releasing a soft sigh.

"I don't hate you Seo-Yun," Joong-Gil admitted, Seo-Yun stared at him with teary wide eyes. And Joong-Gil let out a feeble chuckle as he stared at the young reaper in front of him.

"How could I hate my sister?" He whispered and Seo-Yun felt her heart burst as he smiled at her. It was at that moment Seo-Yun knew, she had her brother. Tears fell from her eyes as she bowed her head, chuckling lightly.

"It's pretty hard to hate me, isn't it? I'm pretty fucking awesome." Seo-Yun joked lightly through her tears and Joong-Gil laughed, his own eyes glazed with tears. Seo-Yun looked up at him with her childish smile and honey eyes.

"I wouldn't say awesome. More like fucking annoying." Joong-Gil replied and Seo-Yun snorted, she looked at him softly before using her other hand to cover his own.

"I am sorry Joong-Gil. And don't hate Ryeon too much either." Seo-Yun whispered and Joong-Gil smiled down at the woman he called his best friend, his sister.

"I know Seo-Yun. I know." He whispered back. squeezing her hand. 

In true Yo Seo-Yun fashion, the female reaper had her incident report done and sent to The Director minutes before the deadline. Her official promotion as Temporary Manager of The Escort Team would start in the next few days, until then Seo-Yun was to attend to her job as usual. 

She had yet to visit Jun-Woong, Ryeon and Ryung-Gu. She knew they would have their hands full for some time, but she would make time to check up on them in person. Seo-Yun was forced away from her thoughts when her phone began to ring, without looking at the caller ID, Seo-Yun answered.

"Hello. This is the amazing Seo-Yun, how can I help you?" Seo-Yun said as she spun in her chair.

"The amazing Seo-Yun? Really?" Jun-Woong asked through the phone with a chuckle and Seo-Yun laughed.

"It was either that or 'The Magnificent Seo-Yun." She answered and she could practically feel Jung-Woong rolling his eyes.

"How are you? Mr Lim told me about your condition as soon as you guys got to your apartment." Jun-Woong asked hesitantly, Seo-Yun smiled and rolled her eyes.

" I'm fine, pretty much healed. It wasn't anything I couldn't handle." Seo-Yun responded and Jun-Woong let out a sigh of relief.

"How are you Jun-Woong? How's Ms Ryu?" Seo-Yun asked in return, Jun-Woong let out another sigh.

"Ms Ryu is slowly on the road to recovery. Both mentally and psychically...But it's going to take a while." He admitted and Seo-Yun nodded to herself, she noticed the worry and doubt in his voice.

"Jun-Woong, if there's anyone that can help Ms Ryu...It's you. You seem to have a talent for helping people, both living and dead." Seo-Yun said softly to him, Jun-Woong gulped and took a deep breath. 

"I'll come and visit soon, but for now, if you need anything just call me." Jun-Woong smiled at Seo-Yun's words and nodded, glancing at Choi-Hui who sat across from him, reading a book.

"I will. Look after yourself Seo-Yun." Seo-Yun smiled and nodded.

"You too. Keep me updated." And with that, Seo-Yun hung up and placed her phone down. She knew his contract was coming to an end, and to be honest, she wasn't ready to lose a friend.

Seo-Yun stood on top of a building rooftop, overlooking the bright city below. Cloud of smoke leaving her lips as she stared at the view, she closed her eyes for a moment, taking everything in.

"You seem better." Seo-Yun smiled and turned her head to Ryeon who stood behind her.

"Yea. I'm mostly healed." Seo-Yun responded as Ryeon joined her on the edge of the building roof. Ryeon observed the cigarette hanging between Seo-Yun's lips and shook her head.

"Even though you're dead, you shouldn't be smoking." Seo-Yun laughed and took the toxic stick from her lips, exhaling softly.

"Joong-Gil has said the same thing to me before." She mused and took a peak at Ryeon whose smile faltered slightly at the mention of her ex-lover.

"He'll forgive you, for keeping your past a secret." Seo-Yun spoke quietly and turned to her friend.

"I'm glad you're back Ryeon." She said with a small smile. Ryeon returned the gesture and laid a hand on Seo-Yun's shoulder.

"Ryung-Gu was looking for you." Ryeon said suddenly, changing the subject. Seo-Yun raised a brow in question.

"He went to your apartment to check up on you and couldn't find you. He's been searching for you for the last hour." Seo-Yun let out a little laugh and shook her head.

"He worries too much." Seo-Yun mumbled. Ryeon shrugged and dug her hands into her pockets.

"Well, it's what we do when we care about someone." Ryeon answered, Seo-Yun's eyes snapped to Ryeon who glanced at her.

"Well we're friends. I guess." Seo-Yun said, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. Ryeon shot her a look and rolled her eyes at her friend's comment.

"Friends? Friends don't look at each other the way you look at Ryung-Gu, Seo-Yun." Ryeon shot back and Seo-Yun looked like a deer caught in headlights. She stiffened and took a long nervous drag of her cigarette.

"So what? It's...it's not like anything between him and I can happen. Not only because it's against policy but because he doesn't return my feelings." Seo-Yun admitted, knowing there was no point in denying or lying to Ryeon, nor herself. Ryeon simply smiled at the younger reaper.

"You really like him, don't you?" Ryeon asked and Seo-Yun paused for a moment, she remembered how he would eat and drink with her, how his smile would become so bright and contagious, how his laugh would warm her even in the coldest nights. She remembered how he looked at her scarred body, how he looked at her so softly.

"I think my feelings run a lot deeper than that Ryeon." Seo-Yun whispered, staring out into the distance.

"But it won't happen. No matter how much I wish it could." Ryeon looked at Seo-Yun softly before looking up at the stars.

"You never know, fate is a tricky thing." Ryeon muttered to Seo-Yun, who looked away from her friend and up at the sky. They watched as a shooting star flew through the night sky and Seo-Yun closed her eyes and childishly wished upon that star.

Please. Let me find peace and happiness in him. Let me love him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 128 10
Can a grim reaper and a human fall in love? SHORT STORY [ COMPLETE 2020 ] (KDRAMA GOBLIN F.T. BLACK STORY INSPIRED) My fifth story ® 2020 Edited...
202K 7.1K 33
𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐅 ||ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴀᴇ sᴏᴏᴊɪɴ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴏʀɪɴɢ ʟɪғᴇ ɪs ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛᴍᴇɴᴛ ʙᴜɪʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅᴛʜɪʀsᴛʏ ᴍᴏ...
11.4K 447 15
B l u r r e d 'Difficult to understand or remember clearly' "Opinions aren't facts Woongie, Stop worrying about what people say or think of you" I re...
52.2K 1.4K 19
♡ "𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴, 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶?" Han Seojun x fem villain reader