๐’๐€๐ƒ ๐๐„๐€๐”๐“๐ˆ๐…๐”๐‹ ๐“๏ฟฝ...

By argentdaughter

๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘Ž ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘ข๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘“๐‘ข๐‘™ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘”๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘“๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๏ผŽ๏ผŽ๏ผŽ ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‡ ๐—„๐–บ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ ๐—‰๐—‚๐–พ... More

โžฏ ๐‚๐€๐’๐“ + ๐ˆ๐๐“๐‘๐Ž
โžฏ ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ž๐๐„; ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ’
01 โ€ข society
02 โ€ข competition
03 โ€ข sixteen
04 โ€ข poem of lies
05 โ€ข compelled..?
06 โ€ข promise
07 โ€ข exposed
โ‡จ ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐“๐–๐Ž; ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
09 โ€ข dear reader
10 โ€ข folklore
11 โ€ข the last day
12 โ€ข the sun also rises
13 โ€ข as i lay dying
14 โ€ข daisy
15 โ€ข the hybrid
16 โ€ข the end of the affair
17 โ€ข disturbing behavior
18 โ€ข right where you left me
19 โ€ข dangerous liasons
20 โ€ข before sunset
โ‡จ ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„; ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ+
21 โ€ข shatter me
22 โ€ข memorial
23 โ€ข old faces, new habits
24 โ€ข feeling again
25 โ€ข after school special
26 โ€ข catch me if you can

08 โ€ข death without dying

2.4K 95 30
By argentdaughter

" it was nice while it lasted "

I'VE NEVER HEARD silence quite this loud. Muffled, incoherent voices flooded my head; voices I know I'm not suppose to be able to hear. Everything feels so close, painful, agonized. My eyes stung even behind my eyelids. The sun is beating down on me like rocks slowly molding into me.

How am I still breathing?

Of course that question surfaces my mind. I was shot. I felt the bullet. I felt my life being taken from me. I was ready to die. I was prepared. Apparently the world has other plans for me.

My consciousness slowly came back to me. A wave of energy surged over me, giving me back a life that I didn't want anymore.

My eyes opened to the strong light that is the sun. It was painful. It itches on my skin. It burns.

"Good, you're awake." A voice reached out to me. It sounded familiar so I didn't immediately jump at the sound of it. Plus, my body is far to frail to make any sudden movements.

My eyes moved from the intense, beaming light to the figure hovering above me.

"Emily?"

She nodded. It took practically everything in me to sit up. I noted my paler skin and my lack of clothes. I wasn't naked, just wrapped in a flimsy nightgown.

"You're transitioning, Hadiya." Emily said. I'm somewhat happy she didn't lie to me or anything and just told me straight up but I was still taken aback by the information.

She looked just about as awestruck as I was which I found a bit weird but I didn't say anything.

I looked off in the distance to see two figures sitting in front of the lake. I could tell by just their hair it was the Salvatore brothers. Their body language showed defeat as they threw a conversation back and forth.

My legs swung over so my feet were hovering above the ground. I'm not even sure if I have enough strength to stand but why not try?

Once I finally put all my weight into my legs they slowly walked towards the brothers, sitting just a little bit behind them.

"It is neither of your faults," I started, my voice regaining its function, "I do not want to hear either of you blaming yourselves."

I knew that they were in transition too. Their shirts were off to the side with dried blood soaked into them, and a gun shot hole to match.

They didn't say anything, obliging to my words. I pressed a solemn hand to both of their backs, placing a chaste kiss on either of their temples and walking back to where Emily stood. She was now occupied with another guest but their back was to me. Though it didn't take me long to recognize her from her hair.

Delaney.

I walked up to the pair of them when I noticed the blood staining Delaney's head. My eyes widened, giving her a concerned look.

"I got shot," She spoke, "It healed."

Realization hit me, "Oh."

She's a vampire. I mean it didn't totally confuse me, actually it made sense to all of the other illusions I've imagined she was in my head. Especially the drug induced imaginary friend.

Once the awkward silence of the newfound information faded away I gave them both a serious look.

I've thought about this since the day Katherine turned but I never thought the moment would actually come. My life has been taken for granted, allowing me immunity in which others would kill for. I'm not doing any good to the world by adding years to my life. Nothing would change if I just disappeared.

Katherine is most likely dead. The Salvatore brothers have themselves to live for but I have nothing anymore. There is nothing here for me.

"I wish to not follow through with the transition." I stated. Delaney and Emily gave each other a look before returning their gaze to me.

The witch spoke, "A- are you sure?"

I nodded. My lips pulled in a tight smile before walking back over to the bench where I awoke.

Emily waited until I was a good distance away to continue her conversation with Delaney, "I need her alive. We need her alive. I have to do something."

"The poor girl has been lied to enough." Delaney replied, crossing her arms across her chest.

The Bennett witch sighed, "Oh, a little white lie will do nobody harm."

The vampire looked at her with a disgusted expression. "Katherine really did rub off on you."

Delaney walked away from that tense conversation, sitting on the wooden bench beside me. We sat in silence, just staring off into the distance for a few moments.

"Emily can make it painless." Delaney said. That wasn't a total lie. Emily can make it painless, just not painless in the sense she would end in the arms of death.

I gave her a smile, "Thank you."

I considered for a second whether she would actually accept my touch but I just ignored that thought, wrapping my arms around her shoulders. I could feel her visibly tense before slowly wrapping her arms around my waist.

She didn't take this moment for granted, sinking her head into my shoulder. Her entire body was cold. She always seemed to wear a cardigan over her frail skin. Today she fits a soft purple colored one.

Delaney, rather quickly, removed her arms as if she came to realization to what was happening. She gave me a tight lipped smile and walked back over to Emily.

I noticed Stefan on another bench a few feet away from me with his head in his hands. I know he still blames himself, but I don't. I do now realize it was a heated moment and my words got the best of me.

My feet picked themselves up, walking over to the youngest Salvatore until I was standing directly in front of him. I took his hands in mine and threw them over my shoulders, pressing my body against his.

I'd like to think my hugs are comforting. It's the best form of communication I have with others. I'm a foul talker. I either have too much to say or too little. It's just an endless cycle.

"What did I say earlier, hm?" My words vibrated through his body as my chin rested on his shoulder.

His voice broke against my skin, "I'm so, so sorry."

"Hey," I took his face into my hands, "You're not forcing me into anything I don't want. You're here. You're alive. That's all that matters."

His eyebrows furrowed, a wave of confusion coursing through him. I've never been the one to boast about wanting to be a vampire. I've never shown any kindness whatsoever towards the species. He knows me all too well.

"W- what do you mean?" He asked.

I let out a breath, "I'm not going to feed, Stefan. I'm not going through with the transition."

Sudden realization hit him. It was very visible on his face. He knows I want to die.

A frown tugged at his lips, "Why?"

"I've lived far too long. I have nothing more to offer to this world so why waste the space? This is what I want, Stefan. You and Damon are going to be fine. You guys are going to live, and I want that for you."

In the end, he knows it's my decision and he has to respect it. He nods quickly, pursing his lips to keep him from getting emotional. I gave him a sad smile, pressing a chaste kiss to his head.

I quickly walk away from him to keep myself from staying in his arms forever. I would, if I could.

My feet stopped beside the eldest Salvatore. I could tell he heard snippets of me and Stefan's conversation. I leaned down to him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders from behind.

I placed my chin on his head, "Go to Vegas for me?"

He smiled small, keeping his eyes on the water. I gave his shoulders a squeeze, then releasing him from my grip. I met back over with Emily and Delaney.

Emily told me we can just do it here, that it would be much easier. I thanked her. A usual person doesn't have the ability to take away someone's pain and guiding them into death's arms. 

Nobody is 'usual' anymore.

I lied on one of the wooden benches. Delaney was so gracious to allow my head to lie on her cardigan. She had a long sleeve shirt on under that anyways.

Stefan's hand was laced with mine, him refusing to let me go through this alone.

Emily's hands were on either of my shoulders from behind me as she began chanting. I wouldn't even attempt to translate it.

Her words sounded like straight gibberish. It worried me a bit but I knew she wouldn't do anything to purposely harm me.

Her chanting vibrated through me. It felt as though my body was being lifted from the ground.

I was flying. Then I fell. Now I'm unconscious.

"Is it done?" Stefan asked, his eyes not leaving my seemingly lifeless body.

"It's done."

yes cardigan's were made in the 1850's thank you very much

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

867K 40.2K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
92.9K 9.1K 49
[ Book 1 in "ETERNAL LOVE SERIES" ] Aakriti Mishra "I love him but I was forced , the situation was not under my control I had to leave him without...
626K 38.2K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...