Second Chances

By StarsGlow13

Author: Slayer of Destiny Fate decides to play with Harry's life again, giving him a chance at a family but w... More

Welcome
01. Escape and rescued?
02. Healers and Little Lords
03. Seeing Clearly
04. Confusion and Severus
05. Movement
06. Irresistible Pull
08. Girl or Boy?
09. Articles
10. Lust and Fury
11. Bowing, Balls and Papers
12. Horror, Alliances and Draco
13. Attacks, Judgements and Family
14. Dark Lord's Consorts, Scans and Blasted Arms
15. Gryffindors, Waiting and Pains
16. Interlude
17. The Baby
18. A Family, ritual and names
19. Beginnings, Middles and Endings

07. Baby shopping with Death Eaters

7.4K 197 21
By StarsGlow13

"Tom come on! We're going to be late!" Harry called out as he tugged on the cloak Tom was insisting he wore.

"Have you taken your potion?" Tom asked as he walked into the hallway.

"Yes Tom," Harry smiled. "Now are you ready?" he asked.

"I am ready. Fenrir, Severus and Lucius are going to meet us at Dublin, along with Rabastan and Rudolphus with Miss Granger. Are you sure you want to do this? We could find another way to..." Tom blinked when his attempt was cut off by a pair of lips against is own. Shocked he looked down at Harry who was smiling shyly at him, his green eyes showing his concern.

"I'm sure, we will be fine. We will spend a couple of hours in the shops, get what we need and get back. Fenrir, Lucius, Severus, Rodolphus and Rabastan will be looking out for us. It will be fine," Harry reassured him.

"Very well, come on," Tom sighed wrapping his arms around Harry's waist. Feeling brave he bent his head and brushed his lips over Harry's before apparating them out. Harry grinned pressing his face into Tom's chest right before the uncomfortable squeeze of the apparation.

Seconds later when they popped into the small Dublin town Harry looked around eagerly. The area they were in was a quaint small town centre with numerous different shops, each one brightly coloured and housed in a cottage like building.

"The baby shops are in the next square just round the corner, I did not want us all apparating into the same area. Please stay at my side," Tom asked quietly as his red eyes scanned the area concerned. Smiling at the concern he saw there, and not just for the baby he would guess, Harry slipped his hand pointedly into Tom's. Concern turned to shock before Tom closer his fingers around Harry's and started leading the way through the crowd.

When they turned the corner Harry could stop the chuckling that escape him at the sight that was waiting for them, and faced with the sight and Harry's infectious laughter Tom couldn't stop his mouth from twitching as they approached.

Lucius, Severus, Fenrir, Rodolphus, Rabastan and Hermione were all standing in an awkward huddle in the middle of the square, none of them looking very comfortable, and none of them looking like they knew what to say. They were all looking in different directions, sometimes scanning the crowd, sometimes glancing at each other.

"Ha...hey I missed you so much!" Hermione quickly cut herself off from saying Harry's name out loud and instead hurried to give him a tight hug, snickering when she had to avoid the bump on his stomach. Smiling happily Harry gave her a one armed hug back considering he wasn't getting the other one released. The two friends stayed in the hug for a while until Tom cleared his throat, turning Harry had to fight from keeping his smile from getting wider when he saw the flash of jealousy in Tom's eyes. But he stepped away from Hermione anyway and closer to Tom.

"Tom, this is my best friend Hermione, Hermione this is Tom," Harry made the introductions with a small grin.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Granger," Tom nodded, his eyes scanning over her face.

"Its...erm...well...thank you for looking after Ha...him," Hermione settled on.

"No harm will come to him," Tom promised squeezing Harry's hand. Hermione's eyes widened and she looked at Harry shocked. The Death Eaters and Dark Lord watched shocked as the two seemed to have a silent conversation with each other consisting of head tilts and shrugs, smiles, a sheepish grin on Harry's part.

"Ah you never do anything easy do you Harry?" Hermione sighed eventually.

"My Lord, Little Lord we should get started," Rabastan said softly.

"Little Lord?" Hermione asked Harry with a raised eyebrow.

"Do not ask," Harry grumbled glaring at Rabastan who just grinned back.

"As we discussed," Tom sighed scanning the street.

"Try not to look so suspicious, if you keep looking around like that the shop owners are going to think that we are trying to steal from them," Harry rolled his eyes as Rabastan and Rodolphus moved to stand to their side, Severus and Lucius to their front and Fenrir close to their back. "Wait what about money? We need to stop at a bank before we..."

"Harry we do not need a bank, I have my card," Tom said quietly starting to lead him towards the first shop.

"But..."

"I am paying, now come we have two hours only, I won't risk you being out for longer than that," Tom automatically raising his hand to kiss the back of it.

"We should look at cots first," Harry said with a small blush on his face, tugging Tom over to dozens of cots that they had along the right side.

"This is slightly surreal," Hermione muttered to him eyeing the Death Eaters hurrying after them and then the Dark Lord who was eyeing the cots with a slightly lost look on his face.

"At least no one else can see it, I don't think that would do much for the Dark side," Harry snickered.

"What exactly should we be looking for? Is there anything specific we require?" Tom asked looking back at the others.

"Narcissa hired a shopper to buy all of the things for Draco," Lucius said quickly.

"The women and bearers of my pack buy or make what we need for the young," Fenrir blinked round at all the things in the shop.

"We just need to pick out something that we like," Harry said amused starting to walk down the aisle.

"Surely there is something that you need to look for," Severus frowned peering at the nearest cot as though it was one of his potions.

"Nope, with cots its just what you like the look of," Harry shrugged. "Oh that one is nice," He smiled tugging Tom further down the aisle.

"I do not know what you are looking for Harry," Tom said quietly. Harry glanced up and noticed that he was looking slightly overwhelmed.

"Just say whether you like the look of it or not for the baby, if not then we will find something we both agree on. It just like picking out a bed," Harry smiled.

"This is nice, but I prefer that one," Tom said quietly pointed to one a little further down. Smiling Harry looked at the cot that Tom had pointed to. Nodding he tugged him down the aisle to where the dark mahogany wood cot stood. It was a solid cot, the four posts carved into gently curving swirls that topped with roses facing outwards, the bars of the cot were matching gentle curves.

"I like this one," Harry nodded running his fingers over the petals of the rose and along the top bar of the cot, lifting it and setting it in place before dropping it back down.

"You do not have to just say that," Tom muttered.

"No, I really do like it, its elegant but soft at the same time. Fitting for your heir," Harry grinned up at him.

"Our heir," Tom corrected brushing a stand of hair from Harry's eyes.

"This one then," Harry said patting the side of the cot.

"You are sure?" Tom asked.

"I like this one," Harry nodded firmly. Tom waved his hand at a curious, hovering near by shop assistant who practically ran to them.

"We wish to start a tab, this cot will be the start of it, place the order for when we are ready to pay," Tom instructed him as soon as he reached them.

"Anything else I can do for you sirs? Perhaps I could show you around?" The man asked eagerly.

"No thank you, we want to take our own time," Harry answered quickly, placing his free hand over Tom's chest to prevent his reply.

"Very well, just wave if you need anything," The man nodded before hurrying off.

"Be quiet you two or you will be carrying everything around the shop," Tom said sharply to where Rabastan and Rodolphus were snickering.

"I apologise My Lord," Rabastan snorted. Hermione was standing gawping at Harry after she had been terrified of what the Dark Lord would do to him after he stopped him from speaking, Severus rolled his eyes at the brothers but was relaxing the tension himself from his shoulders from where he had clearly been expecting a reaction from Voldemort, Lucius was watching slightly shocked, slightly hopeful and slightly exasperated.

"What to next?" Tom asked Harry.

"Bassinets, the few books that I have read says that the baby should sleep in the same room as the parents for the first few months, especially when they still wake through the night for feeds, so we need a bassinet," Harry explained as they made their way to the next aisle.

"Potter that is what house elves are for, a child as important as our Lord's heir will be taken care of," Lucius drawled before freezing at the look he got from Tom. Tom had felt the tension in Harry's body, his hand tightening around his own and then the attempt to pull away. Allowing Harry to pull his hand away Tom instead wrapped his arm around Harry's waist, allowing his hand to rest on the swell of Harry's stomach.

"I have already told you how you are to refer to Harry, I will overlook this lapse Lucius but not again, and I really do hope that you are not attempting to tell myself and Harry how we should raise our child," Tom looked at Lucius who blanched.

"O...of...of course not My Lord, my apologies Lord Harry," Lucius said quickly.

"Good, because given the current revelations and actions of your son, your child rearing skills are exceedingly questionable," Tom snapped. "Now go and give the name at the till,"

"Of course my Lord," Lucius nodded his head before hurrying away with an embarrassed flush to his cheeks.

"Tom," Harry said quietly.

"Miss Granger, it is customary in the wizarding world that it is customary for the godmother to pick out the baby's first cuddly toy, Rabastan, Rodolphus and Severus will escort you to pick one out," Tom said to Hermione before looking pointedly at the others who had sobered up very quickly. Nodding Rabastan gently looped Hermione's arm through his own and led her over to the dozens of cuddle toys the shop had. Glancing at Fenrir the werewolf gave Tom a nod before stepping back enough to give them the illusion of privacy despite the fact that they both knew he could still hear them. "What is concerning you about that Harry?" Tom asked concerned, turning to fully face Harry.

"I...I don't want the baby brought up by house elves Tom. As crazy as it is, and I know I will probably complain about it later, I want the baby to have us feed it, to be the ones that get up for the late night feeds," Harry admitted quietly not meeting Tom's eyes.

"Harry, you know about my past?" Tom asked despite them knowing the answer.

"Yes,"

"Then you know that for as far back as I can remember, no one gave me any care, I was left to the bare minimum contact of the carers at the orphanage. I do not want our child to be raised by anyone but ourselves. You and I shall do the late night feeds, taking it in turns so as we are getting some regular sleep, we shall be the ones to change him or her, dress them, feed them. Do not worry, I am not going to palm our child off onto someone else. I have already told you we are going to be the ones to raise this child," Tom reassured him, cupping Harry's face to ensure that he would look at him. Smiling as he met Tom's red eyes Harry nodded.

"Thank you," Harry sighed, relaxing into Tom's touch.

"I meant what I said I do not wish for our child to turn out like Draco. That boy has had everything he wants, but Lucius and Narcissa have always been more interested in furthering the family name and going out places and parties to give him the time and attention that he needed. Our child is going to be spoilt enough, they will need the grounding care that we can hopefully provide,"

"They will be heir to the Dark Lord, and hopefully soon you will be in charge. That is a lot for them to grow up with," Harry worried his lip.

"We will ensure that they are grounded and do not become arrogant or too spoilt," Tom assured him. Hesitating he scanned Harry's face before leaning down to brush a kiss to his lips. "Now come, let us pick a bassinet," He said taking Harry's hand again.

"This one is nice," Harry pointed to a light brown wicker bassinet that had an intricate weave to it, the cover formed a triangle over half of it with a soft white fabric falling down that Harry ran through his fingers with his free hand.

"This one is the nicest. And it will go nicely at the side of your bed," Tom nodded waving at the shop assistant.

"Next?" Tom asked Harry.

"Erm," Harry gazed around the shop.

"I believe though it is slightly premature, you may need a high chair. It saves you from having to come out again with the young Lord or Lady," Fenrir said from where he had stepped next to Harry's other side when the shop assistant had approached.

"That's a good idea," Harry smiled widely at the werewolf, shocking him even as he quickly followed after them when Harry pulled Tom over to the selection of high chairs.

"Harry you have to see this, it is too cute!" Hermione squealed hurrying over with a toy in her hands.

"Which one did you...that is perfect," Harry grinned taking the stuffed white snake that Hermione had picked out.

"An unusual choice for a Gryffindor," Severus commented. Hermione looked unsure while Harry just grinned at the man.

"Well considering that I am half Slytherin, and his god mum is half Slytherin. His father is the heir of Slytherin, a snake is the best choice for him," Harry snickered. "What do you think?" Harry asked holding the snake up to Tom.

"It is a good choice, I most definitely approve," Tom nodded stroking a finger down the snake. "Lucius take it to the counter," Tom told the man just as he reached them holding the toy out. Harry turned back to the high chairs to hide his smile as he saw the man's eyes twitching in annoyance.

"High chairs?" Hermione asked.

"Fenrir pointed out we had best buy one now rather than risk coming out for it later on," Harry said eyeing the different chairs.

"Are you happy with this?" Hermione asked in a soft undertone seeing Tom was busy talking with Fenrir.

"I have instigated most of it. He is different. He wants to look after me and protect me, not just for the baby," Harry explained quietly.

"That's all I need to hear. This is a nice looking one," Hermione added a bit louder nodding to the chair to her left. Harry grinned as he noticed the lions feet at the ends, the back forming two rearing lions. Chuckling he ran his hands over the carvings noticing that they were all charmed with cushioning charms, he tugged the table out and easily pushed it back in before looking at Tom, his eyes unconsciously pleading.

"Rearing lions also indicate royalty. Poignant I believe. If you like it then this is the one we will have," Tom nodded kissing Harry's temple.

"You're sure?" Harry grinned excitedly, completely unaware of Hermione watching the interaction with relief. Harry clearly was twining Tom right around his little finger.

"I am sure. Lucius tell the man that this is the high chair we want," Tom pointed to the high chair before leading Harry to another aisle. "I do know we will need bedding,"

"We can't use blankets for a while, but we need sheets for the cot, a few bumpers, few baby blankets, swaddling blankets..." Harry blinked when a hand was placed over his mouth.

"We will get everything that we need, come one," Tom gave him a small smile leading Harry down the aisle to what they needed, Fenrir following leaving Severus, Rabastan, Rodolphus and Hermione staring shocked after the pair.

"What's wrong?" Lucius asked confused as he stepped back over to them.

"Our Lord just...smiled," Rabastan said stunned.

"At Harry," Hermione nodded forgetting completely who she had been left with.

"It was rather vampire like," Rodolphus commented.

"It was slightly scary. Harry seemed to like it though," Severus blinked. "Are you getting tired?" He added with a smirk at Lucius. Suddenly feeling awkward Hermione hurried after Harry leaving the four Death Eaters standing there.

"Be quiet Severus," Lucius huffed.

"You were the idiot who thought it would be clever to tell Our Lord how he should raise his son, especially when it is clear how our Little Lord wants to raise the baby," Rabastan snorted.

"Be quiet, it is the traditional way to raise pureblood children!" Lucius snapped.

"In the Malfoy family, and with pureblood families that are stuck in the 18th century. And look how well that turned out. Your son is running around five seconds away from being hexed to oblivion by Our Lord, he has besmirched and put back our cause by spreading that we want to kill all muggleborns, and do not think that Our Lord, Little Lord and everyone else haven't noticed Draco glaring at Harry. Our Lord will not put up with it for much longer," Rodolphus said seriously, all trace of humour and teasing gone.

"Draco..."

"You filled his head with the idea that he was going to be Our Lords Consort, you made no secret of your plans to place Draco at his side. You are a fool Lucius if you think someone as conceited and self absorbed as Draco would be someone that Our Lord would want at his side. And you have filled Draco's head and made him so disillusioned to his own place and welcome with Our Lord," Rabastan scowled at the blonde.

"How dare you.."

"Your son is closer to his godfather than he is to you Lucius, and you think that is an acceptable way to bring up a child?" Rodolphus shook his head following after the others with Rabastan right behind him. When Lucius looked at Severus expectantly he was shocked when the dark haired man just met his gaze and walked off as well.

"These are perfect," Harry grinned happily picking up a bumper and sheet set with stars on them.

"These are also acceptable," Tom picked up a set that had leaves moving in a falling motion down them.

"How about these?" Hermione suggested uncertainly from a little further down the aisle holding up a set with a Griffin, centaur, fairy and hippogriff playing happily on it.

"They are also acceptable. Do you want anymore?" Tom asked Harry who was smiling happily at him as Hermione breathed out a sigh of relief.

"No, three should be enough," Harry shook his head.

"Ok, blankets...we are going to need to get neutral ones or a few of each," Tom frowned.

"We could get a couple of neutral ones and one of each for a boy and girl," Harry suggested eyeing up the various blankets.

"Ok so neutral would be a white, yellow, green, this burnished orange is rather nice...and this light pink is nice," Tom picked up the various blankets and carefully laid them over his arm before reclaiming Harry's hand.

"What do you think, the dark blue or the lighter blue?" Harry frowned looking between them.

"I like both," Tom shrugged. "You pick,"

"Hmm...the lighter one then," Harry picked it up and laid it over the others on Tom's arm, missing the amused look he got from Tom, Hermione and Fenrir. Hermione shook her head slightly, only Harry would treat the Dark Lord with a notorious temper/homicidal problem so candidly and easily. Harry however with distracted for aiming for the swaddling blankets. A white, yellow and green one were added over Tom's arm.

"Is that everything from this aisle?" Tom asked.

"Hmm...yes," Harry nodded.

"Lucius take these to the till," Tom commanded handing the blankets over and the set he was handing, motioning to Hermione to pass the two she was holding to the irritated looking blonde.

"The last thing in this shop is carriers and prams," Rabastan smiled at Harry but the younger man tilted his head and eyed him curiously, easily picking up on the tension around his eyes and the slight forcedness to his smile.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked simply catching Tom's attention.

"Nothing Little Lord," Rabastan shook his head, his smile becoming a little more honest.

"What's wrong?" Harry repeated with a little more force.

"We were just addressing Lucius's archaic ideas of raising a child and some of the ideas that he has placed into Draco's head," Rodolphus sighed.

"Ideas?" Harry frowned.

"Ideas above his station and out of Lucius's control, despite him believing to the opposite. It is nothing to worry about," Tom answered instead causing Rabastan, Rodolphus and Severus to look at him shocked.

"You knew My Lord?" Severus asked stunned.

"Of course I knew do you think I am an idiot?" Tom's eyes narrowed as they turned to take in Lucius's back at the counter.

"Knew what?" Harry asked concerned looking between the Malfoy Lord's back and Tom.

"I will explain another time, today is about the baby," Tom shook his head kissing the back of Harry's hand.

"Hmm, come on then, pram," Harry huffed but he squeezed Tom's fingers as he tugged him to the pram section before his eyes widened as he took in the amount of prams that were lined along the aisle. "This could take a while," He winced.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't see what the difference is!" Harry hissed at Tom twenty minutes later while the shop assistant eagerly displayed and explained two of the most expensive prams. Looking around Hermione and Tom seemed to be the only ones listening, Fenrir was leaning against the shelves next to Harry blinking blankly at the annoyingly chipper assistant, Rabastan and Rodolphus were sitting on one of the display stands that the most expensive pram had been taken from playing an increasingly intense game on rock, paper, scissors. Severus looked as though he was attempting to make the assistant spontaneously combust by glaring holes into him. And Lucius kept yawning where he was slumped against the shelves. "My feet are starting to hurt as well," Harry huffed rubbing his stomach absently.

"Alright. Enough!" Tom's commanding tone had everyone's back but Harry's tensing, the assistant actually froze mid push of the pram blinking.

"Oh thank Merlin," Fenrir muttered next to him.

"Which one do you prefer?" Tom asked Harry, turning so that everyone else was excluded.

"The fourth one that we looked at," Harry pointed to the pram that had been placed back after the shop assistant had worked out that they had unlimited funds.

"That one then," Tom nodded to the pram, the shop assistant sighed and placed the two back before picking up the pram that Harry had picked. As he walked away Harry gave a sigh of relief. "Are you ok? Do you need a break?" Tom asked concerned.

"No I'm fine, my back is just a little sore still...and my ankles are hurting a little," Harry pouted slightly.

"I could give you another massage tonight," Tom murmured into Harry's ear, delighting in the blush that crept across Harry's cheeks and the hitch in his breathing, also easing the worry and nerves that had gone through him at the blatant comment. He pulled back to meet Harry's eyes as Harry's hands fisted in his robes, holding onto him tightly and trying to keep him close.

"That sounds nice," Harry smiled slightly breathlessly.

"Are you sure you don't want a break?" Tom asked scanning Harry's face.

"The longer we...I am out the higher the danger. I'm fine. Carriers," Harry smiled kissing Tom's cheek and using his grip on Tom's robes to tug him further down the aisle with a grin.

"Why do we need a carrier if we have the pram?" Tom asked confused.

"So that we can carry the baby around without having our arms taken up, but keep the baby close. It will be handy for if I want to take the baby around the garden, or when we can go shopping outside, plus I don't really want to be trundling the pram around the manor," Harry explained.

"Hm, you're right it will be handy for carrying the baby around the manor," Tom mused, blinking when Harry started laughing.

"I'm sorry, I just had this image of you sitting at your desk, all seriously doing your paperwork with the baby strapped to your chest," Harry chuckled.

"Yes well, you can't be expected to look after the baby all the time," Tom shrugged causing Harry to start chuckling again.

"So carrier?" Severus cleared his throat.

"This one is different," Rabastan picked up a dark blue one with shining stars on it.

"Oo I like that," Harry took the carrier and poked the inside feeling the layered cushioning charms and heating charms inside of it.

"This one is nice," Tom nodded.

"The straps have been charmed as well, I think there is a feather light charm on it as well," Harry nodded.

"What about a playpen?" Hermione pointed to the six playpens at the end of the shop.

"Oh yes!" Harry nodded hurrying down the aisle with Tom swiftly following after him.

"We should get a few for different rooms," Tom frowned looking the five of them over. "One of each should do," He nodded looking at Lucius who twitched before practically stomping over to the counter.

"I don't think that there is anything else that we need in here," Harry said looking around the shop.

"Rodolphus pay for everything and have it shrunk into bags. Then come next door to join us," Tom instructed passing over a pouch.

"Of course My Lord," Rodolphus nodded heading over to the counter to Lucius as the rest of them made their way outside. Going into the next shop Harry grinned happily seeing the shop was filled with clothes, toys, and all the equipment like bottles that they would need.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To say that the shop assistants were pleased and run ragged at the same time would be an understatement. As in the other shop they had sent up an account, but in this one they had the shop to themselves as Tom after getting nervous about a couple of people in the corner had managed to somehow - and Harry was happy to live in the blissful unawareness of how and just enjoy it - close the shop to everyone but themselves.

And so it had begun. The shop assistants were running backwards and forwards from the group ringing up everything that Tom and Harry were picking out, Rabastan, Rodolphus, Lucius and Severus had become holders for the smaller items, Fenrir for the bigger ones until the shop assistants came back to take the next load.

Vests, socks, sleep suits, shirts, jumpers, pants, jeans, shorts, hats, coats, cardigans, scratch mitts, gloves were all loaded picked out in various numbers and age groups and all in neutral shades.

"Tom look at this," Harry smiled brightly picking out a dressing gown with lion ears on the hood and a tail on the seat. He blinked confused at the look on Tom's face as he looked at him holding the dressing gown over the bump of his stomach. You don't like the lion?" He asked with a small pout.

"No, no I like it, add it in," Tom shook his head. Grinning Harry handed it to Rabastan's pile before checking out the all in one sleep suits.

"He's adding about double what you do, and he's putting in what you like but put back," Hermione said quietly, eyeing the Dark Lord who was currently piling five different age groups of a set of dungarees with a cute white snake stitched onto the front into Rodolphus's arms.

"I don't want to spend too much, which he knows. He's really happy about the baby," Harry also glanced to Tom before answering Hermione just as quietly.

"You mentioned in your letters that he was happy about the baby. You seem to be...settling," Hermione said before wincing.

"I take it you are asking about our relationship?" Harry grinned.

"Yes, apparently poorly," Hermione laughed.

"There's a...pull to him. He's not what we thought, and definitely not what the 'light' side portrayed him to be. He's still the Dark Lord, but not with me, and it's not just because of the baby, the things that he is doing, how he treats me aren't necessary for the health or happiness of the baby, they aren't necessary to get his heir. He knew that I wasn't expecting to live this out but he's promised my safety. And he treats me well, spoils me, wants to look after me. I...he's struggling to understand why he feels certain ways for me, but I'm pretty sure its affection, definitely lust. If we have a chance, then I'm going to take it. Especially with the baby in the picture," Harry explained.

"As long as it is what you want Harry, and that he is looking after you and not hurting you, then you know I'm behind you," Hermione smiled hugging him tightly. "Its is really weird hugging you now, it feels like you have a melon stuffed up your top," She mumbled into his shoulder.

"Hey!" Harry laughed pulling back to glare at her.

"Do you want to buy some toys Harry?" Tom asked from right behind them. Turning Harry easily caught the flash of anger and jealousy in Tom's red eyes, his glare directed to Hermione who backed away a few steps.

"Sure, I think we have more than enough clothes," Harry laughed glancing over to the counter where the owner was frantically ringing things up. Reaching out he linked his fingers through Tom's and met his glare when he looked down at him, watching as his eyes softened visibly. Smiling Harry lifted Tom's hand and kissed the back of it. "Hermione is like a sister to me, there is nothing there to feel jealous about,"

"I'm not jealous," Tom protested, knowing that it sounded weak even to his own ears, thankfully no one else could hear. Harry's grin however told him that he had read through it.

"Of course not, but should there be the possibility of it, there is no need," Harry assured him. "Now come on, I want to get a mobile," Harry pulled Tom over to the selection of mobiles.

"I remember this song..." Tom's soft voice had Harry automatically tightening his hand around Tom's as they listened to one of the mobiles.

"From when you were a baby?" Harry asked.

"I can not remember it exactly, but it is familiar," Tom mused reaching out to brush his fingers over the different coloured dragons who were lazily flapping their wings.

"I like it, shall we take it?" Harry suggested.

"Yes, that would be nice," Tom nodded absently.

"Hey you ok?" Harry asked concerned.

"I'm just thinking how important it is to make sure that our baby has different starts than ours," Tom sighed.

"You'll make sure they do. You'll protect us, I'll protect and make sure the baby is ok, we'll be a family and the baby will have a good and happy life," Harry told him firmly.

"Are you telling me or ordering me that that is how its going to go?" Tom smiled down at Harry.

"Both. You're a strong wizard and now you have even more to fight for," Harry shrugged.

"I have everything to fight for," Tom sighed leaning down to press their lips together firmly. Harry was completely shocked by the firmness of the kiss, this was none of the light, chaste brushing kisses they had been exchanging. It took him a second to get passed the shock, but then he pressed back, gripping back onto the front of Tom's robes. Harry felt his senses tingling at the pressure of their lips and Tom's heat absorbing into his body.

Sighing contently as Tom pulled away Harry allowed his eyes to flutter open as Tom's hands gently cupped the bump of his stomach. Smiling he placed his eyes over the top of Tom's, ignoring the gawping group that he could just about see over Tom's shoulders.

"We'll be fine, all three of us," Harry said meeting Tom's eyes again.

"My Lord...can I take these over to the counter now?" Rodolphus grunted as he struggled passed them, his arms loaded down with clothes, baby towels, cuddly toys and other baby toys, including the rattle hanging off his finger.

"Hang on," Harry smirked balancing the mobile on top of the pile. "Don't drop anything now,"

"You are evil Little Lord," Rodolphus groaned staggering towards the counter. Hermione quickly hurried forwards to guide him through the aisles considering the mobile now impaired 85% of his sight.

"You have an evil streak in you," Tom chuckled. Harry blinked at the unusual sound, it was a little husky but it warmed him and made his heart jump.

"Of course I do, the hat wanted to put me in Slytherin first after all," Harry grinned at managing to pull a stunned look onto Tom's face and he wandered over to the counter. "I think that's everything that we need for now,"

"Oh thank Merlin!" Severus groaned.

"Is something the matter Severus?" Harry grinned.

"Yes my arms, they are currently in the process of telling me that they are in risk of falling off!" Severus grumbled.

"I would apologise," Harry smirked.

"Except you did have an option to say no," Tom wrapped his arm around Harry's waist as he stepped up behind him.

"We did not realise that we would be buying half the shop," Fenrir snorted walking awkwardly over with a large box that was almost as tall as him.

"Tom, what is that?" Harry blinked trying not to laugh at the awkward hobble.

"You hang it in doorways, there is a seat for the baby. It bounces," Tom explained.

"Are you sure this is everything?" Rabastan said sarcastically.

"Fairly sure, if not I'm sure one of you could come out for it," Harry smiled sweetly.

"You are evil," Rabastan sighed.

"I know," Harry shrugged as he watched their piles slowly diminishing as the workers rang everything up. Leaning back against Tom's chest he smiled a little more at the warm, content feeling of safety and happiness swelled even further in his own chest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 407 13
❝ how can I be happy when one of the reasons why I smile is now gone . . . now so far away from me, that I couldn't reach them-even if I tried? ❞ ...
11.3K 373 6
What happens when Harry wakes up a random room, a random pale man on top of him and instead of feeling scared, he feels only pleasure. Who is this ma...
249K 18.8K 71
**THIS STORY WILL BE REMOVED AS OF 06/01/24 TO PURSUE SELF-PUBLISHING OPPORTUNITIES, THANK YOU ♥** Following their actions in The Golden Girl, Margue...
69.8K 2.1K 14
Harry and Professor Snape walk quietly down the stairs after their meeting with the Headmaster... And they find themselves both in a dark and wet roo...