Thy Will, Not Mine

By Loving_Christ

Destiny, a sweet, innocent, and devoted Christian, moves from her home country to a new land, expecting both... More

A/N
Chapter {1} Destiny
Chapter {2} Destiny
Chapter {3} Antonio
Chapter {4} Destiny
Chapter {5} Destiny
Chapter {6} Antonio
Chapter {7} Destiny
Chapter {8} Destiny
Chapter {9} Antonio
Chapter {10} Destiny
Chapter {11} Destiny
Chapter {12} Antonio
Chapter {13} Destiny
Chapter {14} Destiny
Chapter {15} Antonio
Chapter {16} Destiny
Chapter {17} Destiny π™²πš‘πš›πš’πšœπšπš–πšŠπšœ π™΄πšπš’πšπš’πš˜πš—
Chapter {19} Destiny
Chapter {20} Destiny
Chapter {21} Antonio
Chapter {22} Destiny
Chapter {23} Destiny
Chapter {24} Antonio
Chapter {25} Destiny
Chapter {26} Destiny
Chapter {27} Antonio
Chapter {28} Destiny
Chapter {29} Destiny
Chapter {30} Antonio
Chapter {31} Destiny
Chapter {32} Destiny
Chapter {33} Antonio
Chapter {34} Destiny
Chapter {35} Destiny
Chapter {36} Antonio
Chapter {37} Destiny
Chapter {38} Destiny
Chapter {39} Antonio
Chapter {40} Destiny
Chapter {41} Destiny
Chapter {42} Antonio
Chapter {43} Destiny
Chapter {44} Destiny
Chapter {45} Antonio
Chapter {46} Antonio
Chapter {47} Destiny
Chapter {48} Antonio
Chapter {49} Antonio
Chapter {50} Destiny
Chapter {51} Antonio

Chapter {18} Antonio

659 46 5
By Loving_Christ

Matthew 5:43-48

You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbour and hate your enemy." But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
_______________

A cold chill ran down my spine as I woke up from yet another nightmare to which I had grown accustomed. I swallowed the lump in my throat as horrifying images played through my mind like the worst slideshow ever. The images were so vivid and gruesome, reminding me of who I was and what I had done. I wiped away the cold sweat on my forehead before gulping down a cold glass of water.

Deciding to call it day at only five am, I trudged down to my bathroom for a cold shower, wanting to rid myself of all the perspiration and sorrowfulness that held me captive as an after result of the nightmare.

"Fratello?" Avelina pulled me out of my thoughts as she held out her purple tea cup which was for a newborn close to my mouth.

"Sorry, cara, I was just lost in my thoughts," I responded taking a sip of some of her imaginary tea.

"Okay. I'm tired of playing with dollies, I want to eat doughnuts," she tiredly pulled her hand away, making it settle on the carpeted floor, for further manipulation she pouted her small, pink lips giving me her famous puppy eyes.

"Okay, you manipulator," I agreed as I also needed a break from all the draining work, her eyes beamed as I stood up before helping her stand up as well, resulting in her little scuba floral dress unfolding perfectly. She held onto my hand as we walked out of her room. I would make the most of this time I had with her as it would be a while before I had an opportunity like this and I could tell that she was also happy due to her enthusiastic attitude and unwavering smile.

We left her Frozen-themed room being sure to look out for the pieces of toys that decorated the carpet, "Let's do this, you'll have to clean your room and rid it of all mess you created." I stated making her quickly stop in her walk, digesting my words before she turned around, an angry frown replacing her excited smile. She was about to throw a tantrum but I would have none of that. "Go on now, the quicker you tidy up your room the quicker you will get your doughnuts unless you do not want them." I arched a brow waiting on her answer, which was as clear as day.

"O...kay," she sighed, hanging her hands by her sides.

As much as I wanted to spend as much time with her as could, I still had to instil ethics, morals and values into her and not spoil her otherwise I would face huge difficulties when she had grown up, growing up in wealth could give her a sense of entitlement which would only be a recipe for disaster and since she was put in my care I would make sure she grew up to be a responsible young lady.

I watched as she slowly picked up every toy, placing them in their rightful places and since she was taking her precious time, I decided to read my update on Destiny from her bodyguards and as usual there was no suspicious activity seen but I knew that was only for a little while before they struck in the worst way possible, we were talking about the world's most silent attackers at times but I was prepared for the worst.

"I'm done," Avelina stood before me pointing to the now tidy room making me look at her proudly but Merebeth would have to wipe off every toy to remove any bacteria it must have accumulated so no bacteria would spread.

"Well done, cara. Now we can leave," I held out my hand for her which she gladly toke and held on to more tightly than she had formerly.

The door suddenly burst open and in came Giovanni, in his usual all-black outfit and carefree spirit. He flashed me a mischievous smile knowing how I hated someone barging into any room without permission but I would let it slide because of Avelina, he toke long strides towards Avelina but before he could go any further Avelina ran with all her might, "Uncle Gio!" She exclaimed in excitement, tackling him in a warm hug because similarly they also did not have much time together.

"How is my favourite niece doing today," he asked cuddling her in his arms, holding her tightly.

"Uncle Gio, I'm your only niece," Avelina pulled away from the embrace, her hands on her hips and an arched brow, sassy much?

"But we can pretend that I have millions of other nieces and I love you the most of them all, right?" He explained with mirth-covered eyes, a huge playful grin on his face as he awaited my little sister's answer who gave it a three-second thought before nodding hysterically and jumping back into his arms.

I had one crazy family, how was I supposed to remain sane?

"You guys are as nutty as a fruitcake," I rolled my eyes with a slight smirk stretched on my mouth.

"Says the one person who tells uncle jokes," he retorted wittily, knowing very well that I did not tell uncle jokes.

"I do not say uncle jokes," I dismissed him with the raise of my hand and rolling of my eyes.

"But Fratello, do you remember that time you told me that bad joke and you said why did the banana go to the doctor? Because it wasn't peeling well." She completed the joke and Giovanni started laughing in hysterics, clutching onto his knees for support over something that I did not view as funny. Headcase.

A minute later he was still in his hysteric state, heaving a sweat before calming down and taking long deep breaths, "You said that? That's so trite and so uncle," he was about to start his stupid laughing session he caught my death glare and immediately recovered, taking Avelina by her and rushing out of the room knowing what I would do if I caught him.

In no time I was hot on their heels, but as I turned down the hallway, there was no one and it was dead silent but I knew where I would find them. Behind the curtain at the end of the north wing, overlooking the expansive garden.

I toke silent yet long strides down the hallway, not making a single sound, a skill I had accrued during the five-year bone-breaking training my father had made sure I got.

As I reached the curtain I noticed two black dress shoes softly peaking out of the curtain making me chuckle inwardly before pulling the curtain revealing one child and head case giving me their best puppy eyes to forgive them and for the sake of Avelina I let it slide once more that day.

"Come on, cara, we still have to go buy you those doughnuts remember?" I pulled her out of the curtain with my best friend who also did the former. Avelina's eyes lit up as her brain which still held less memory capacity remembered what she had asked for earlier on.

"And I'll just go on and make some money because I have nothing else to do," Giovanni said with a pout on his lips, taking slow and short steps away from us, his long legs not giving him much of an advantage.

"And I have no friends," he toke a long look at Avelina who looked at him curiously before turning back and continuing with his stupid walk of manipulation.

Two more steps later, he stopped and swiftly turned his puppy eyes all out, "I have not even had any food but you guys want to leave me." Now I rolled my eyes at his childishness. How on this earth was this head case my best friend and the underboss of the most powerful syndicate in the world? I would make sure that he did not follow us, we did not need him third wheeling us.

"Giovanni!" I gritted through my teeth as he toke my fry and innocently put it into his dry mouth.

Somehow he had managed to win Avelina's heart and she begged for him to tag along so here we were, in her favourite café which I had bought from the previous owner at half the price, just for her and another source of income after she couldn't stop talking about how she loved it but now I was regretting it as Giovanni grinned victoriously from eating my food but as I looked at my little sister who munched down on her chocolate doughnut topped with rainbow Jimmies my anger seemed to subside.

But that did not mean I was not annoyed and would not take my revenge because I would. I was not a barking dog that seldom bit, my threats were not a waste of breath, especially for my nut case of a best friend.

For the time being, I would keep silent so as to not cause a scene as it would be bad publicity in this bustling café though the public did not know me as the owner as I was a silent owner, Lucas ran it full-time as part of the contract we had agreed and signed upon.

The bell softly rang indicating the arrival of a new customer and unusually I decided to see who it was. To my surprise, it was a lady that looked like the exact replica of Destiny but instead of the huge curly hair she always put up, she had back-length crotchet braids with the same mesmerizing brown eyes and dark chocolate skin colour. I had to get a grip on my thoughts before they led me to my downfall but I could not stop staring at the way she threw her head back laughing at something the waitress had said before gracefully welcoming her order with both hands.

She turned to take her leave before looking in my direction and making eye contact with me. A grin made its way on her lips and she made her way over her and that's when I noticed that she was Destiny. The way she toke every step delicately and gracefully moving her hips in a way that was not seductive but one that caught your eye and how she always had a smile that was enough to light up anyone's mood. She had just changed her hairstyle and I must say that the new change was happily welcomed by me as it enhanced her already beautifully defined features which took me back to the day in the supermarket when it was just the both of us staring into each other's eyes, I remembered how her light body just stood out in my arms, how her strawberry smell made my senses awaken and how her honey brown eyes twinkled with purity. I could not taint her with my evilness.

"Nio, how are you?" She was standing before me beaming, revealing her whites. Giovanni gave her a wave, I had done the honours of introducing them so they knew one another.

"Good, how are you?" I kept my face stoic, to make her run for the hills.

"I'm fine," her smile slowly faded before she turned her attention to Giovanni and Avelina who looked at her curiously.

"Fratello, who is she?" Avelina's curiosity got the best of her as she eyed her, always inquisitive of strangers, especially females who all held some kind of animosity towards her.

"She was a friend of mine and is in my class," I explained avoiding Destiny's gaze as I knew my words would hurt her as she held our friendship close to her heart but I would not let her emotions affect me.

"Yeah, and who might you be?" Her voice dripped with honey, no anger directed or sadness in its trace.

"Avelina," she responded shyly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Giovanni watched their exchange silently.

"Well Avelina, you are so pretty," she gushed and I knew that she was telling the truth from how her eyes held love and care and she held a smile. How could she love everyone, strangers and enemies included?

"Thank you, you are also very beautiful" she whispered, blushing ever so slightly.

"Your welcome and thank you for the compliment," her smile never stopped as she faced her. She then looked at me, "I'll take my leave, it was nice meeting you Avelina. Bye." She waved at all of us before leaving us in silence but the blaring of my ringtone cut through the silence.

I grasped my phone in my hands as I read the caller ID which highlighted that it was a private number meaning it was one of my men and it was an emergency otherwise they would not call.

I answered the call but the person didn't utter a single word, "Speak!" I commended the person at the end of the line who was deliberately wasting my time.

"B-boss, there was an attack," He finally stuttered out.

"Where?"

"I-in the mansion."

I cut the call without saying another word before facing Giovanni who held his phone in his hand and when he looked at me seriousness was written all over his face.

"Take Avelina," I said and that was enough to get him moving with a confused-looking Avelina in his arms. I did not want my only family caught in the bloodbath of an attack and she did not need to know what I did for a living.

I called a waiter, paid the bill and rushed into my Rolls-Royce, speeding off, not knowing what I would see would leave me staggered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 1.6K 28
They always say the right person is waiting for you, even if there your ex- fiancΓ©s enemy. [BWWM]
63.5K 3.8K 23
An interracial story of love, betrayal and friendship. The Ayad family. They are wealthy, extravagant and genetically close to perfect. Prior to mar...
247K 10.4K 23
****RE UPLOAD/NOT EDITED***** Book 2 Boy meets Girl. Girl falls for Boy. Boy and Girl get married. Or So It Went. Sequel to And So It Goes. He was...