My Protector (Lloyd X Reader)

By PhoenixBTS

Long before time had a name, the First Spinjitzu Master created Ninjago using four elemental weapons. But whe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Author's note

Chapter 38

596 8 0
By PhoenixBTS

Happy new year, yall! :)

"Take positions," Wu instructs.

"Ah, I give you this much. That ninja never quit," Cole comments.

"Port side!"

"The cannons!"

Jay fires the cannons but misses. "Ah! Let me get this straight! You're just telling us now that you had another pupil before us, and now his cursed spirit has possessed Lloyd, all so that he can take your staff?"

"Morro won't stop until he gets what he's after," Wu replies. "There's a secret message engraved on it. All these years, I had no idea."

"Of course. Ha, just another day in Ninjago."

"If this is as fast as the Bounty goes, I think we're in for some serious trouble," Cole says just as Morro landed on the Bounty.

"I need ink and parchment to make an imprint to see what's on the staff," Wu says.

"Kai and I will take you to our quarters while Jay and Cole will keep him busy," Zane replies.

"Oh, that's honorable of you to nominate us," Cole sarcastically says.

"Yeah, we didn't fare so hot last time. Why is it that you get off with the easy task?" Jay asks.

"Because I'm the intelligent one," Zane replies.

"Ah, let's take this guy," Jay tells Cole before both of them engage in battle with Morro.

"Why am I steering the ship?" Nya asks. "There's a reason autopilot was invented," She says.

She activates autopilot, an inflatable Darreth taking the wheel instead before she runs off.

"Oh, great," Jay says.

Nya manages to dodge Morro's attacks. However, the attacks then caused the inflatable Darreth to deflate.

"Oh, that's not good," Nya says before the Bounty swerves, causing the ninja to scream.

"Our quarters aren't much further. Go, Sensei. Kai and I will hold him back," Zane tells Wu.

"We'll crash if we don't stabilize the Bounty," Cole says.

"No shit," Y/n, who had managed to fly back to the Bounty said before she landed and grabbed the wheel.

"Y/n!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. You missed me. Save the flattery for later," Y/n replies.

"Your team will fall apart without its Green Leader," Morro says after Zane is hit on the head with a crate.

"I'll lead them. And make sure you go down if it's the last thing I do. Sensei says you won't give up. Well, neither will I!" Kai vows.

"Ah! Are you aiming for that mountain?" Jay asks.

"I'm trying to rise above it! A little help?" Y/n responds.

The three immediately respond, Nya turning on the boosters which makes the Bounty barely miss the mountain, making a hole which Kai almost fell out of.

"I'm coming, Kai!"

"You want the staff? Take it!" Wu says, throwing the staff out and Morro chases after it like a dog, which allows Zane to catch Kai.

"Got you."

"Primary thrusters destabilised, better hold on!" Nya says before they land in the Forest of Tranquility.

When Y/n does get back up, she sees Kai, who immediately envelops her in a hug.

"I thought you died!" Kai says before whacking her on the head.

"Nah, Morro just knocked me out. I'm fine mostly," Y/n replies. "Why? Were you worried?" She asks playfully.

"Over my dead body," Kai responds before turning back to the team. "Okay, let's never do that again."

"Ah, just think, if Sensei hadn't gotten rid of the staff, it could've been worse," Jay says.

"Yeah, but now we don't know the message," Cole replies.

"Not exactly. I managed to make an imprint," Sensei says, revealing the symbols.

"But what does it all mean?" Jay asks.

"My father told me long ago that he would leave a message, leading me to his final resting place. After he passed, I looked everywhere for it, not knowing it was in my hands all this time."

"So, this..." Y/n gestures to the symbols.

"Yes. These symbols will lead us to the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master," Wu says. "Only problem is I haven't the foggiest idea what any of them mean."

"Well, if Morro is trying to find the tomb, we gotta find it first," Kai says.

"Hey, maybe Misako can help decipher the clues since she's a total history buff," Cole suggests.

"Pixal, release the Falcon and give her our location," Zane says before the Falcon flies off into the distance.

"Good, then we set up camp," Wu decides.

The ninja quickly put up a camp fire and used some logs as seats.

"Care to hear a ghost story?" Wu asks.

"If it means saving Lloyd, of course," Zane replies.

"Morro may have been my first pupil, but he was also my greatest regret. Before he was a cursed spirit, it wasn't I who found him...but he who found me," Wu says. "My brother had just gone off to train under Master Chen, which gave me time to attempt my hand at teaching. Morro was the perfect student. He did everything that was ever asked of him. Morro may have been my first pupil, but he was also my greatest regret. Before he was a cursed spirit, it wasn't I who found him...but he who found me. My brother had just gone off to train under Master Chen, which gave me time to attempt my hand at teaching. Morro was the perfect student. He did everything that was ever asked of him."

"Get up," Past Wu tells Morro.

"I had shown him things he had never seen. And he showed me a few things too. He had a power over the Wind I had never seen. He was a descendant of an Elemental Master. It was then I thought I had found the one. Perhaps he would wear green. Or purple."

"Ah wait," Y/n quickly interrupts. "So you're telling me... Morro, Master of Wind, almost wore mine or Lloyd's gi?" She asks as the wind blows and the fire gets bigger.

"Uh, did that just happen?" Cole asks. "Maybe I don't like ghost stories."

"What happened next, Sensei?" Zane asks.

"After I told him he could be the Green Ninja, there was a hunger unmatched."

Morro, who was training, aggressively kicked Wu's other students to the ground.

"Get up. Get up!" He demands.

"Enough," Wu tells Morro.

"But Sensei, I'm gonna be the Green or Purple Ninja. I need greater tests."

"I said, enough!"

Sensei Wu left the training area, clearly annoyed.

"There was an arrogance in him. I feared I had made a terrible mistake. But it wasn't for me to decide. It was destiny. When the Golden Weapons didn't respond like they did for Lloyd and Y/n later, I knew Morro wouldn't become the chosen one."

"I'll train more. Learn more lessons," Morro says in denial.

"I'm sorry, destiny has spoken," Wu replies.

"Then I refuse to listen!" Morro replies in anger. "I am the Green or Purple Ninja! You made me believe!"

"He became obsessed to prove me wrong. To prove destiny wrong. He became reckless. He thought he was invincible."

Wu thought back to the time Morro had provoked a Grundle and Wu had to save him.

"You see, Sensei?" Morro asks rhetorically. "It was destiny for you to save me. I can still be the Green or Purple Ninja."

"I knew right there and then I could not teach those who would not listen. He told me he would find my father's tomb to prove he was worthy. I told him it could not be found. My father had left no message. I left the gate open in hopes he'd return, but he never came back," Wu continues. "I am saddened he was banished to the Cursed Realm. But what worries me more is that he escaped, and for what reason? To save Lloyd and return your powers, you must find the tomb before he does. Or else."

"Or else what?" Jay asks.

"Unspeakable power will curse us all."

Jay laughs nervously. "Just another day in Ninjago, am I right?"

"Lloyd is at stake," Y/n annoyingly replies. "It's not 'just another day!'"

Jay whimpered slightly before Kai put his hand on Y/n's wrist, reminding her to remain calm because anger will not solve anything in their current predicament.

"But how can we compete against the Green Ninja?" Cole asks. "He's more powerful than all four of us combined. At best, Y/n is his equal."

"That was before we lost our powers," Zane reminds him.

"But it's like Sensei said. Our real power doesn't come from our hands, it comes from inside here," Kai taps his chest. "This is Lloyd we're talking about. This is one mission we cannot fail."

"Thirsty?" The bartender at Biker Tavern asks Morro.

"Insatiable," Morro replies before taking a drink. "Ah, it's been a while," He says to himself, interrupting a game of pool to see the symbols on the staff. "Oh, of course."

"You're a bit young for a place like this, ain't ya?" A stranger asks.

"Wrong place to come if you ain't got friends, if you know what I mean," Another says.

"Oh, I have friends," Morro replies, using the Allied Armour to summon Wrayth.

Wrayth, who was glad he was released from the Cursed Realm, fought the two men who were confronting Morro and engaged in conversation with the fellow ghost after.

"Ah, you know where you're going?"

Morro chuckles. "I do now. But make sure no one else tries to stop me."

"Hmm, it'd be my pleasure," Wrayth replies before Morro summons his dragon. "Nice ride."

"Take one of your own," Morro says before Wrayth possesses a motorcycle, turning it into a Chain Cycle.

Kai was awoken in the morning by a Walloper licking him. In the next moment, Y/n chased the Walloper off as he got up.

"Ugh! Ew!"

"Misako got our message," Y/n updates him.

"And you made breakfast."

"We put your plate down over there," Nya says.

Kai looks over, seeing the same Walloper eat his food. Y/n chuckles before just giving Kai her plate.

"I'm not hungry," She explains before walking off.

She wasn't exactly lying. With Lloyd possessed by Sensei Wu's first student, and with no idea of where he is now, Y/n was far too worried about him to even think about eating. She knew she would have to eat eventually, but the thought of eating right now makes her squeamish.

"As far as I knew, the tomb was only a fable, until I saw what's on the staff," Misako says.

"Does she know what the symbol means?" Kai asks.

"Not the last two yet, but get this: The first symbol means Airjitzu," Cole says.

"Airjitzu?"

"A lost martial art created by Sensei Yang, who passed years ago. If mastered, it allows one to temporarily take flight," Misako explains.

"You hear that, Kai? We get to fly!" Jay exclaims.

"So it's How To Train Your Dragon come to life," Y/n comments off-handedly. "Without the dragon."

"You haven't found it yet. The Scroll of Airjitzu is well guarded in the ancient Library of Domu," Sensei Wu tells them.

"Forgive me if I speak out of turn, but my records reveal it was recently stolen," Zane says.

Jay gasps. "By who?"

"Ah, let me guess. Ronin," Cole says.

"Who's Ronin?" Nya asks.

"Let's just say he's not a friend," Kai replies.

"But this is good news," Jay says.

"Good news, how?" Y/n asks.

"Argh, cause if Morro doesn't know this, he'll be heading to the library."

"And Ronin's most likely holed up in the village of Stiix, which gives us a head start," Cole continues.

"Then it's set," Wu finalises. "The ninja will head to Stiix. We three will head back to the tea shop and start deciphering the next clues."

"But Lloyd's my friend too. The ninja will need my help to—"

"I'm sorry, Nya," Wu apologises. "You're sitting this one out. There's too much to be done here."

Kai walks up to his Walloper. "Uh, okay. Stand still," He says, before falling off the animal.

He gets back on and groans. "Don't worry, sis. With me in charge, this scroll will be ours in no time. And I will make sure not even a strand on Y/n's hair is touched."

"Yeah, right," Y/n replies sarcastically.

"Cause time flies when you know Airjitzu! Get it?" Jay laughs. "Ow!" He says when Y/n lightly hits his back.

"Be careful, ninja, for the path we seek is never a straight line. Rely on each other to guide your way."

"Hyah! Hahaha!" Kai laughs before his Walloper doesn't move and the others leave without him. "Wait up! I'm supposed to be leading here!"

Meanwhile, Morro was in the Library of Domu.

"Sensei Yang's scroll. Where is it?" He demands.

"Oh, yes. Sensei Yang will be sorely missed. His teachings will always—"

"Where's the Scroll of Airjitzu?"

"It was s-stolen a-a few days ago by that thief they call R-R-Ronin," The monk replies, getting thrown by Morro who runs off.

"Uh, excuse me. Uh, could we get your autograph?" Another monk asks.

"Autograph?" Morro asks.

"You're the Green Ninja, right?" A third monk asks. "Mind if we all get a selfie with you?"

The monks snap a photo with him and Morro runs off. At the same time, the Ninja were travelling through a desert.

"92,898 bottles of tea on the wall, 92,898 bottles of tea. You take one down and pass it around, 92,8—"

"Enough!" Kai interrupts the singing trio. "I'm really thirsty so we don't need to keep singing about tea."

"Ho, ho! Someone should've had their breakfast," Cole laughs.

"I did! I just didn't drink anything," Kai groans. "Ugh, we've been following the sun for hours. We should've arrived at Stiix already."

"But Stiix is on the eastern coast," Zane says. "We should be riding away from the sun."

"And you're telling us this now?!" Y/n exclaims in disbelief.

"Why are you telling us now?!" Jay asks.

"Because Kai wanted to lead," Zane replies.

"Great! We're officially lost! You know, we had a leg up, but nooo. Kai wanted to lead," Cole complains.

"I swear, my gut says we should be following the sun," Kai says.

"Ugh, you're arguing with a Nindroid. He's a walking computer," Jay argues. "Why is it when Lloyd's gone, we look to Kai? We should really be following Zane. Or Y/n, at least."

"You know, they are the most logical choice," Cole agrees.

"Well, I still think it's that way. And when I learn Airjitzu first, we'll see who's right."

The others begin to ride in the opposite direction, Kai wanting to listen to his gut and go to the sun. But Kai's Walloper had different plans, instead opting to follow the others instead of Kai.

"Aargh. Hey, no! This way! Ugh!" Kai groans. "Ugh, fine. We'll follow Zane."

"He's already found something," Cole says before they ride towards train tracks. "Let's go. Train tracks."

"They lead straight to Stiix," Zane says.

"Then... we'll follow it," Y/n says.

"Hey, you hear that, Kai? They lead to Stiix. We follow Zane and look what happens," Jay says.

"But Sensei said the path we seek is never a straight line."

"He also said rely on each other to guide," Zane counter-argues with Kai.

"Yeah, Kai. Pfft."

"92,897 bottles of tea on the wall, 92,897 bottles of tea, you take one down..."

"Who needs to go on an epic quest when my services are best needed here?" Nya asks herself when they reach Steep Wisdom.

"You need to tell her," Misako tells Wu.

"She's not ready," Wu answers.

"And you waited this long to tell them about Morro, and how did that go?" Misako asks before approaching Nya herself. "Nya, dear, we didn't exactly hold you back to care for the shop."

"Really? Then why?" Nya asks.

Wu sighs. "Um, there's something I haven't told you about your parents."

"Ah, you can save it. Kai already told me that Chen dangled that carrot too. We looked into it and we know our father used to be a Master of Fire. Not exactly mind-shattering."

"But did you know your mother was the Master of Water?" Misako asks.

"I...I didn't know that. You mean—"

"Yes. As Kai took on the traits of your father to become a Fire Ninja and Y/n became the Purple Ninja, for the sake of saving Ninjago, you must train to become the Master of Water."

Nya then drops a jar and faints.

"Huh, you're right," Misako says. "She wasn't ready."

"...it around, no more bottles of tea on the wall."

"That was enjoyable. Let's do it again."

"No! Haha!" Everyone, but Zane and Y/n, objects.

"I wish Lloyd was here," Y/n, who had been staring off into the distance, says.

"So do I. But we'll find the tomb. And then, we'll save him," Kai reassures her.

"I wonder why the tomb's so important," Cole says.

"I don't know. Sensei says it holds unspeakable power," Jay replies.

"It's the tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master. Whatever secret it holds, it must be protected," Kai says.

"Let's take a break here," Zane says when they approach a train station.

"Uh, did you hear that?" Cole suddenly asks.

"That laughter? Yep," Y/n replies.

"But...we're in the middle of nowhere," Jay says before they hear another laugh.

"I don't know, but be on guard," Kai says before they finally see Wrayth on the Chain Cycle.

"What is that?"

"Watch out!"

"My shurikens. They went right through him!"

"He's a ghost! Of course they would go through him!"

"Morro must have summoned some friends. We're sitting sucks out in the open," Kai says. "We need to take shelter! Watch out!"

"Oh, God, he's coming for another pass!" Jay warns before Wrayth destroys the train station.

"There is no shelter!" Cole yells before Wrayth turns his Walloper into a ghost. "He turned my Walloper into a Ghost. No one turns my Walloper into a Ghost!"

"Ugh, get outta here. Hyah! Hyah!"

"Where did he go? I can't see him," Kai says.

"Stay together," Zane says.

"If our weapons do nothing, how are we supposed to fight a Ghost?" Jay asks.

"Good question."

"I think not dying would be good enough for now," Y/n replies.

"Not helping," Jay replies.

"There he is! Watch out! Ugh," Kai says when his leg gets stuck in Wrayth's chain. "Huh? That's not good! Ah!" He yells before managing to free himself. "I'm okay, everyone! I'm okay."

"He's gonna pick us off one by one, isn't he? There's nothing we can do," Cole says.

"He's underground. Ah!"

The next time Wrayth's chain came around, Y/n quickly grabbed on, summoning her wings before quickly wrapping it around a nearby water tower. They scream when Wrayth gets up, but the ghost gets run over by a train.

"Haha. Now that's how you stop a Ghost," Cole says.

"You think a train can stop a Ghost? Your world will pay dearly when Morro finds the tomb. And when he does, he will take possession of the—"

Wrayth tugs on his chain, causing the whole water tower to collapse on him and he dissolves.

"What, uh, what just happened?" Cole asks.

"He went...ka-blooey," Zane says.

"Yeah, but he was just gonna tell us what was in the tomb. Couldn't it have waited another second?" Jay asks rhetorically.

"We may not know what's in the tomb, but we do know one thing: how to stop a Ghost," Kai says.

"Water?"

"Unusual. I guess it's true. The path we seek is never a straight line," Zane says.

"Uh, speaking of straight lines, if that train's heading to Stiix, wouldn't it be faster if we..." Jay trails off.

"Hey! Wait for us! Slow down! Slow down!"

They eventually made it on the train after Y/n threw them onto it before landing on the train herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4.2K 75
Y/n Elemental Master of Wind always saving the city with her ninja friends what more could go wrong? (Cole x Fem Reader)
74.2K 2.3K 18
Thousands of years ago, an element created by the first spinjitzu master, an element that was created to bring joy, only brought fear. He destroyed t...
6.5K 207 30
Kaila Walker was just your ordinary 17 year old teenager that's gifted with the power to control water. She was an outcast, feared by many of her peo...