Better Together (Poly Mauader...

Von dear13dreamer

James Potter x Sirius Black x Remus Lupin x Lily Evans x Fem. Reader Poly Marauders "There is a time and pla... Mehr

Cast Pt. 1
Cast Pt. 2
Cast Pt. 3
Cast Pt. 4
Moodboards Pt. 1
Moodboards Pt.2
Moodboards Pt.3
Moodboards Pt. 4
Meeting the Marauders
Study Date
Check Up
Her Saving Grace
Asked Out
Night One
Night Two

Small Favors

2.2K 61 6
Von dear13dreamer

Y/n has yet another sleepless night. Most times, they were brought on by bullies or bad marks but this time was the worst.

She hadn't stopped crying the entire night, effectively keeping her awake.

Now, she was standing in the bathroom in front of the mirror, preparing for the day ahead of her. Her body longed for sleep, but she couldn't give in.

So instead, she cast a simple glamour charm and plastered on a fake smile all the way to her first class of the day.

But there was something about her spirit, that couldn't be hidden behind any charm. It was the very thing that James Potter spotted every time he saw her that day.

No one else around her seemed to notice her fake smiles. No one else noticed how her words held no emotion every time she was forced to speak in class.

But James did. James always noticed.

Despite popular belief, James is very observant. That is when he's not with his friend's or talking period. In those quiet moments, he pays attention to the small details around him.

He would often find himself looking over at the Y/H/C girl to see what she was doing. Or to see what emotions he could spot based on how she spoke and acted.

The thought occurred to him, that she was the only one his mind drifted to in class. The only particular person that is. Sirius, Remus and Lily always occupied his thoughts. But that's completely normal for best friends. Isn't it?

James thinks so. That's the same reason he shrugs off thinking about Y/n so much. She's a good friend of his and he thinks about her. Nothing odd about that, right?

Over the course of time he had been keeping an eye on her, be noticed she was sad most days. Every now and then she would have a really good day and be happy when James saw her.

But this day was the most sad he's ever seen her.

Most people might think she looks the same as always, but James' trained eye spotted the subtle sadness that was plaguing her mind.

By lunch, he had enough. They had all but one class together, so by now he's watched her drowning in her sorrows for 3 class periods.

After arriving in the Great Hall, James scanned the room for the Y/H/C girl, but she was nowhere to be seen.

Making a quick decision, James exited the Great Hall and started to walk the empty corridor's of the castle in search of the girl.

His search lasted only ten minutes, because he found her alone at the end of one of the dark corridors near the Slytherin common room.

James internally debated approaching the girl. He bit his lip lightly before walking towards her. As he did so, he started to feel better about his decision.

He could hear her quiet sobs and staggered breathing as he got closer to her. The sound brought tears to his own eyes.

Standing only about two steps away now, James spoke to her.

"Y/n?"

He heard her gasp lightly before she spoke quietly to him.

"H-hi.", Her voice broke as she acknowledged his presence.

"Are you alright? I didn't mean to bother you, I just want to make your ok.", He adds the last bit after some consideration.

"I'm f-", She cuts herself off as a sob escapes her lips.

James rushes over to her as she sinks to the floor, still crying.

He kneels down in front of her, firmly holding onto both her shoulders.

"Can I hug you?", He asks.

His eyes have adjusted enough to the darkness now, so that he can see her nod her head.

James wasted no time in wrapping his arms around her and holding her to his chest. He feels the sobs racking her body, making her tremble in his arms.

"Shh. I've got you. It's okay. Your okay, now. I've got you.", He whispers in her ear as she clutches onto him.

After what feels like ages, but is really only a few minutes, she pulls away from him. She refuses to meet his eye, or even slightly raise her head. He notices her hair starting to fall in her face, but she makes no effort to move it.

James lightly tucks some behind her ear, allowing him to see something on her forehead. No. Not on. Engraved in her forehead.

James nearly sobs at the sight as he reads what the words say.

Y/n still hasn't met his eye or said a word to him. Holding back his tears, James lightly lifts her chin, so she meets his eye.

"Who did this to you?", He asks, his tone now Sirius.

"My roommate. I was telling them all about a study date I had, and they forced me into doing something I wasn't comfortable with.", Y/n admits, trying not to cry again as the pain rings through her wound again.

James feels the anger bubbling up in his chest, but he repressed it for the time being.

"And then she must have hexed me. I ran out and stayed in the bathroom. I just had to get away from them.", She explains.

James feels his heart break for the girl. He can't help but feel guilty as she looks at the floor, refusing to meet his eye. As if she has done anything wrong.

Instead of using his words as he usually does, James simply opens his arms for the girl. She responds by letting her body fall into his and once again clutching onto him as she lets the tears flow down her cheeks.

James firmly but gently wraps his arms around her, giving her both comfort and security.

After a few moments, she pulls away a again.

"Thank you, for letting me rant on about my stupid problems.", Y/n adverts her gaze from his once again.

"Their not stupid. You've been attacked."

He lightly grabs her chin and turns her to face him again as he speaks again.

"Nothing about you is stupid, Sweetheart. Ok?"

The girl nods slightly.

He smiles lightly before placing a soft kiss to her cheek.

"Now, why don't I get you to the hospital wing? I'm sure you'll be as good as new in no time.", He says standing up, offering her a hand.

She shakes her head furiously, as she backs herself into the wall clutching onto her legs.

"Sweetheart, no one will know. I promise. But you need to see the healer. Okay?"

After a beat of thinking, she sighs and gives in.

James smiles as she grabs his hand and stands to her feet. However it doesn't last long, as her legs start to buckle and she starts to fall back to the floor.

I'm one quick motion, James swoops her up into his arms, allowing for her to comfortably rest her head on his chest. James smiles as she does so, and heads for the hospital wing.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

354 1 17
" Do you love me? " " Don't make me say something we'll both regret Lupin " Remus Lupin x Fem! oc Marauders era! Started: 27/5/2024 Ended: EXTENDED...
202 24 21
A girl with the ability to manipulate the elements and senses is prophesized to take down the dark lord. With the complicated life of a teenage star...
1.4K 16 9
A bunch of Oneshots focusing on Remus Lupin during the Marauder's Era. Remus Lupin X James Potter
852K 23K 28
"i don't think i can imagine promising to love someone forever." h. potter / oc x james potter UNFORTUNATELYOURS • 2016