No Shit, Sherlock

By WhelmedGrayson

Twenty-three year old (Y/n) (L/n) is an intelligent and well respected woman and an incredible poet with a we... More

London
Enola?
Silly Drunken Man
The Police Chase
Emotionless
I Always Do
Don't Be Ridiculous
The Musical Map
Corsets Save Lives
The Ending
Author's Note
Reviews!
➳𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒯𝓌𝑜
The Theater & the Rude Brother
The Missing Cabbages
Tea With Tewkesbury
Sherlock To The Rescue
The Imaginary Son
Snooping Sherlock
Not According To Plan
not an update !
The Rescue
A Miserable Day
Can We Stay Like This?
Dinner With Watson
Unrequited Love
Acknowledge Me
The Handsome Stranger
Lonely
I've Got You
Detective (L/n)
I'll Behave
Nervous
Ravenous
Busted
Mycroft's Acceptance
The Fitted Blouse
The Blond Man
Safer When I'm With You
Family Dinner
Jealousy, Jealousy
Diamonds and Pearls
Sherlock Punches A Sexist
Catch Me If You Can
Sibling Drama
I Am A Lady
Vampire
➳𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
Young Love
Purple Is Your Color
Moving On
A Walk In The Park
Family Outing
Murder At the Theater
But We're Lords
Weird Looks
Kindred Spirits
Weapons and...Weddings?
Throat Punch
(Timbury's Version)
Our First Trip
Kitchen Counter
I'm All Yours
I'll Kiss Your Tears Away
Mrs. Holmes
Happily Ever After
My Final Note
Bonus (1/2)
Bonus (2/2)

No Shit, Sherlock

26.4K 942 530
By WhelmedGrayson

"Sherlock Holmes, was seen walking the streets with an unknown woman at midnight. Has the famous detective finally found a wife, or perhaps he has fallen to paying a 'lady of the night'."

I open my eyes to see Enola pacing around my room, reading a newspaper.

"Enola?!"

She smacks her hands down on the foot of my bed and leans forward, "The one and only."

She sits on my bed and I crawl over to sit next to her.

"I'm so glad you're okay! I was really worried!"

She pulls the paper into her lap and gives me a smirk, "Care to explain this?"

I read the front page of the newspaper and groan. I guess what Enola said wasn't a nightmare.

"I promise it's not what it looks like, Sherlock was just walking me home-"

Enola laughs and smacks me with the paper, "Relax! I know it's not true."

I let out a relieved sigh but she smirks.

"Besides, I don't care if you're with my brother. I think you two would make a beautiful couple."

I hit her with a pillow and she laughs harder.

"Alright, then what about you and Tewkesbury?"

She snatches the pillow from my hands and hits me with it.

The two of us laugh for a minute, but she quickly turns serious again.

"I moved Bessie to a safer place this morning-"

"This morning?! What time is it!"

I frantically start pulling clothes out of my dresser, trying to find an outfit.

Enola catches some of the clothes I throw, "It's ten-past-twelve, you slept in."

I let out a groan and take the blue blouse from Enola, along with a pair of dark gray trousers.

"I'm so terribly sorry, I meant to wake up early today," I say, pulling my pants on.

"No worries, you were having a night out. I understand," she says with a smirk.

I slide my arms through the sleeves of my blouse and glare, "Haha, very funny."

I freshen up a bit in the bathroom and meet Enola downstairs. My mother waves the newspaper in the air with a taunting smirk.

"Busy night?"

"Shut up."

I wave bye to her and Enola and I start walking to the cafe down the street for lunch.

"So what was prison like?"

We sit down at a table and Enola shrugs, "i wasn't in there long enough to find out."

The waitress walks over, "Will it be the usual?"

We both nod and the woman smiles before walking away again.

"So I guess Sherlock's plan worked."

She looks at me in confusion, "Sherlock's plan?"

"Yes, last night we talked to a woman, he said she would help get you out. I just didn't think it'd work," I say, honestly.

Enola nods, her brows pulled together as she stares at the table.

Did she really think Sherlock would leave her there?

The waitress sets down two cups of tea and two plates of food, we both thank her, and she walks to another group of customers.

Enola points a piece of bacon at me, "We have much to do tonight."

"Thank God, I was starting to get bored."

The two of us eat in silence, but Enola speaks up again.

"I'm meeting with Tewkesbury tonight."

I set my cup of tea down and smirk, "Really?"

"Don't give me that look."

"I'm not giving you a look," I say.

She shakes her head, "Yes you are, and I don't like it."

I shrug my shoulders and she sighs.

"Anyways, I'm meeting with Tewkesbury but I need you to meet me at the factory at seven tonight."

I check the time, it's almost two now.

"Alright, is there anything I should bring?"

"A weapon."

I point to my boot where my dagger is hidden, "I never leave without one."

We pay for our food and leave the cafe, the two of us link arms, and walk down the street.

"Perhaps, we should get new corsets?"

I raise my eyebrows, "Corsets?"

"I just have a feeling we'll need them."

~~°°••°°~~

I adjust the dagger tucked into the front of my corset, and then the ones tucked into my boots. You can never have too many daggers.

Enola and I had went our seperate ways after we bought our new corsets, that she insisted on getting. It's seven now, I'm at the factory, but she hasn't made it here yet.

I look around anxiously before seeing two people making their way over to me. I instantly recognize Enola, but it takes me a minute to remember who the person behind her is.

The two of them meet me and I smirk at Enola, to which she replied, "Don't say anything."

She turns to Tewkesbury, "Stay here, and keep watch. If anyone comes, just tell them you're a Lord."

"But I am a Lord."

She nods, "Good, then they'll likely believe you."

We leave Tewkesbury and slowly sneak into the factory. Enola walks ahead of me while I look around cautiously.

Suddenly, someone grabs me by the neck and starts to drag me away. I kick their knee and they let out a pained groan, and loosen their grip on me, allowing me to break free.

The person walks through the moon light and it's then that I  recognize the person.

"Sherlock?-"

He pushes me against the wall and grabs my neck but tilts his head, "(Y/n)?"

I cough, "Yeah. No shit, Sherlock."

He lets go of me and I rub my neck in annoyance, "That fucking hurt by the way."

"I'm terribly sorry, I didn't know-"

"Relax, I'm fine.... and it was kinda fun."

He scoffs and I look behind him to see Enola standing there with a lantern.

"Am I interrupting something?"

Sherlock dusts his jacket off, "What are you two doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" Enola questions back.

"I asked first."

"I don't care. Are you working on your case or ours?"

We both stare at him and he sighs, "Both. I found out how Grail got your fingerprints. Oxidized phosphorus dust lifted from the table and applied to the knife."

We continue staring at him and he quickly looks away. "You're innocent."

Enola scoffs, "You doubted it?"

"Nothing's certain until it's proved."

"And your case?" I ask.

"My adversary, his trail, it leads here."

"It seems our cases are connected, brother," says Enola.

He nods and gestures towards the office, "Shall we?"

Enola walks ahead of us and I notice Sherlock is limping a bit.

"Are you hurt?" I ask.

"Yes."

I smirk, "Good."

Author's note: Sorry it took so long for a new chapter! I got super busy, and Wattpad has been AWFUL. Every time I start writing it freezes and kicks me off the app, which usually ends up deleting all of my work. Even now as I type this it's glitching, and trying to kick me. But happy new year! And thank you so much for being patient and supportive! ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.5K 2.4K 20
𝙊𝙝 𝙊𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖 (editing) 🕊 ❝ you got big plans and you gotta move ❞ ↳ 𝙖 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙮𝙗𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙞𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙖...
3.1K 111 15
Adelaide Evans was the childhood best friend of Sherlock Holmes. They were practically inseparable until he left for London to become a detective and...
338K 9.6K 39
"don't you dare fall in love with me, tewksbury. i might have to kill you if you do." - two teenagers. an arranged marriage. both determined to rid t...
952 25 6
After Enola's brothers, Mycroft and Sherlock visit her, she becomes friends with a woman named Y/n. Enola hangs out with Y/n everyday, and over time...