𝐉𝐞 𝐓'𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐈𝐦𝐛é𝐜𝐢...

By strawberry1d

「ᴊᴜɴɢ ʜᴏꜱᴇᴏᴋ ᴠᴇʀꜱɪᴏɴ- ʙᴏᴏᴋ 3」 [x2 Featured ] He locked his gaze with yours, a flash of fury in his eyes. As... More

Disclaimer 🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Character Aesthetics
🏆Achievements 1🏆
🏆Achievements 2🏆
Chapter 1🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 2
Chapter 3🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 4
Chapter 5🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 6
Chapter 7🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻 Chapter 8
Chapter 9🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 10
Chapter 11🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 12
Chapter 13 🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
Chapter 15🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 16
Chapter 17🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 18
Chapter 19🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 20
Chapter 21🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 22
Chapter 23🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 24
Chapter 25🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 26
Chapter 27🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 28
Chapter 29🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 30
Chapter 31🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 32
Chapter 33🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 34
Chapter 35🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 36
Chapter 37🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 38
Chapter 39 🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻
Next in the CEO series
🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 40
Chapter 41🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻

🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 14

154 24 62
By strawberry1d

recap...

"Noèmie...can we talk?"

He asked softly, his intense gaze fixed on your dark pools of licorice-colored irises.

His gaze was fixed on yours. You took a deep breath in while closing your eyes for a second.

"Mr. Jung, I need to leave..." you say, your eyes tired. Just his touch on your arms sent a wave of heat through your body.

"Please?" he begged, his eyes troubled. You could see him breathe in, waiting for you to just talk to him.

You sigh deeply, staring into his tender eyes "There is nothing to say. What was said was said. I promise you and myself that I will leave you alone...just forget about you. Please extend the same courtesy to me "With a strangled voice, you utter softly. You can't stay in his presence for too long; being so close to him will break you. Why can't you get a break?

You tried shaking your arm free from his grasp, but he is too strong. Your eyes began to well up, and you knew you had to flee as quickly as possible before he could see how vulnerable you were. As your breath hitched painfully in your throat, he suddenly drew you closer to him.

"Noèmie, could you just talk to me-?" he pleads softly.

You shook your head, a tired sigh escaping your lips, "Mr. Jung...there is absolutely nothing to talk about ab---." You were quietly interrupted.

"I'm sorry--" , when you heard him say that, your moist eyes looked up at him in awe, you couldn't believe the mighty, formidable, and arrogant CEO could stoop so low and apologize to a mere and low worker's class girl. A nobody. You narrowed your eyes as you watched him painfully gulp.

Raising your eyebrows as you look at him cooly, with piercing eyes, "Sorry...you sorry? For what, exactly? Turning me into a pauper or accusing me of such a heinous act of underhanded dealings, sabotaging business to the point of bankruptcy- Just...just save it. Mr. Jung, please. Please do me a favor and leave me alone." When your unshed tears betrayed you and lone streams began to flow unapologetic from your eyes, you pursed your lips and looked away from him.

Then your piercing gaze shifts to his strong grip on your wrist. You attempt to wiggle your wrist free from his firm grip, but he holds you in place. Why can't he just leave you alone?

"Noèmie...please forgive me. Could you please give me a moment to properly apologize? Please do not run away from me...please." His tone was tender.

You inhaled deeply and nodded, your eyes narrowed. Tears are still streaming down your cheeks. He reluctantly let go of your wrist, fearful that you would use this opportunity to flee his presence. You looked up at him as he wiped his hand across his face and hair.

"Make it quick, please." You stood tall, placing your laptop bag on the nearest table.

"I'm sorry that I suspected you of doing such a vile thing, I apologize for hurting you emotionally and financially, and...and I want to make amends." he looked hopeful in your perplexed expression. You snort. Nothing, not even an apology, can make up for your loss. What is he taking you for?

You inhaled deeply and looked him in the eyes "Are you done now? --Apology not accepted." You turn and grab your laptop again, aiming for the door, but his arm shoots out to prevent you from leaving.

"W..what! Noèmie hold on! "Still blocking you from leaving. He took out his phone from his suit jacket, quickly pressed some digits, and you heard a notification on your phone in less than a few seconds. You look at him, puzzled, as he quietly gestures to the phone in your hand. You furrowed your brows as you opened your phone, your eyes darting with visible shock to your phone and back to him with wide, disbelieving eyes.

"W...what?" your jaws almost hit the floor in shock.

"...I'm transferring all your money back ...with interest," he shrugs and smiles at your stunned expression, which was cold a moment ago but is now laced with shock.

"Oh, mon Dieu...oh my goodness! w...what interest?" You wanted to ball your eyes out once more. Is he for real?

Mr. Jung returned his phone to his pocket and approached you, looking down at your still disbelieving expression.

"Interest is for all the pain I've caused you-I'm going to add 20 million won to the 90 million won I took from you out of spite. Noèmie... I'm sorry." He looks down at you as you stare at your phone, still amazed at the "real" numbers that have been reflected back into your account. Tears stream down your cheeks as you pressed your lips together, trying not to sob too loudly. You've become wealthy once more.

Mr. Jung wired all of your hard-earned money back into your account.

You closed your eyes for a moment, wiping them with the tips of your fingers so as not to smudge your make-up...but Mr. Jung got to you first. He smirks as he lifts your chin and cups your wet face with both hands, wiping your wet cheeks with his thumbs. You could only stare wide eyes at him, your heart was beating in synch at the atmosphere that suddenly electrified.

"Why...why are you doing this?" You choked it out, still unable to comprehend your good fortune.

"Noèmie, you're right. I'm such an idiot. Seom-ni brought me the evidence in an effort to prove your innocence. Ms. Kang was the driving force behind everything. She manipulated the booking fees on our official app, which was then replicated by our booking affiliates. It updated the system to reflect the new booking fees. We discovered when the changes were made. It was completed an hour after you showed up to be as helpful as a waitress serving the Bangtan Club. She has been fired Noèmie. I'm so sorry for wounding you with my words, please accept my apology- - "As he softly caresses your flushed cheeks, his eyes became suddenly sorrowful.

"You...you said you regret being with me--that broke me, Mr. Jung," you mumbled, afraid to look up directly into his eyes but peek under your long and tear-streaked, dark eyelashes.

Mr. Jung gulped visibly at your broken expression and briefly closed his eyes "Noèmie... Out of spite, I said it. I was enraged and disappointed. But...how could I possibly regret it Noèmie? It was illegally awesome to be with you. You drive me insane and instill strange feelings in me that I shouldn't have. Noèmie, what are you doing to me? And how can I be regretful for kissing your soft, luscious lips...Noèmie, please tell me. How can I be regretful for caressing your soft, naked skin against mine, entwining my fingers in your glorious mane...kissing you with reckless abandon -- "Every word he uttered almost against your mouth felt like your last breath had left your body. You could only stare in awe at him.

Does he know how you've been dreaming about being in his arms since Friday? It drove you insane with desire. Can you hope? Do you dare to hope?

"Please don't say that--you're not allowed to say that to me-"you sniff, but still you couldn't stop staring into each other's eyes as the atmosphere became tense. As he moved closer into your personal space, your legs felt like jello, and you had to keep your hands flat on his chest to keep from collapsing.

You couldn't breathe, and he leaned in ever so slightly. His breath fanning your face, and when his strong arms snaked gently around your small shoulder, you let out a gasp. You let your arms find their way around his waist-up to his back-your eyes simultaneously closed as you anticipate being in each other's arms again, and just as you lifted your lips to eagerly meet each---there was a small clearing of the throat in the doorway. Mr. Jung inhaled deeply as both of your eyes were pulled to the unexpected, unwelcome interruption.

You blushed bright red being caught by Mr. Taehyung, who stood with an amused smirk on his face. He's making awkward hand gestures.

"Er...apologies. I can give you more time to reacquaint yourself...with whatever you're busy with--" he chuckled embarrassedly. Oh my, his Hyung asks for a few minutes with"his former "maid".

Mr. Jung sighed, "It's okay, Taehyung, we were just...talking," but they both knew it wasn't just talking. Taehyung almost caught them in an almost-kiss. How could they have let their guard down? He almost put them in another impossible, uncompromising situation.

Mr. Jung sighed, he needs to get a grip. He cannot lead Noèmie on again. He had already hurt her, and kissing her would have crushed her. He loves Jessica and will always prefer her even if his body craves Ms. Seo. His mind, heart, and body are already at war. He needs to get rid of his attraction to Ms. Seo as soon as possible.

You couldn't look Mr. Taehyung in the eyes as you stepped away from Mr. Jung's embrace to grab your laptop bag. Why were you so eager to kiss Mr. Jung again? You know you want him so badly. He is undeniably attracted to you, and kissing you would have been the worst mistake ever. You already know how much he loves Jessica. How could you have been so stupid as to forget that? You are more aware than ever that you must stay as far away from temptation as possible. And Mr. Jung is the embodiment of temptation.

In a quick greeting, you nod to Mr. Jung. As you walk to the door to meet Mr. Kim, your expression is grim as you bow to him. Mr. Jung stood awkwardly with his hands in his pockets, looking at you with an undefined expression.

"Goodbye, Mr. Kim...Mr. Jung--," you say as you rush out the door, sprinting to the elevators to get away from the most embarrassing situation you've ever found yourself in.

"Oh mon Dieu! Je suis tellement fou d'amour, Oh my gosh, I'm such a fool for love," you say as you enter the elevator, wiping your brows with trembling fingers.

Taehyung looked at Hoseok with pity as his older friend sat in the nearest chair. He looks up at his younger Bangtan Brother and sighs as he notices Taehyung waiting for an explanation of what just transpired a moment ago.

"Hobi-Hyung. Are you and Ms. Seo--" he asked, perplexed, but Hoseok quickly cut him off.

"No, we are not--" Hoseok threw his head back in frustration as he looked at his younger friend with a frown on his face.

"but Taehyung...I think I'm in big trouble," he strangled it out. Raising his eyes to meet the wide ones of Taehyung.

"Is it because of Seo Noèmie? Hobi-Hyung--you and Ms. Seo had undeniable chemistry," Taehyung puzzledly asked his hyung. "Hyung, you already had her in your arms and were moving in for a kiss. She seems to like you. Please tell me what's going on between you two. On Friday, you wanted to kill her for spilling wine on you, and now you want to kiss her--what about Jess?, "He appeared perplexed. Did he miss the memo or something?

Hoseok's expression was conflicted when he looked at Taehyung "I know. Er... something happened on Friday that changed the course of our love-hate relationship, Taehyung?"

"Yeah. looks like it" Taehyung nodded. He had already a hutch---a feeling Hobi-Hyung liked Noèmie.

"-- I think I'm busy falling in love with her, and there's not a darn thing I can do about it... What am I going to do, Tae? I didn't sign up for extra stress." He grimaces, his eyes a little bewildered. Taehyung snorts softly. This is gold. Hobi-Hyung was never so out of his element until now.

"So, what are you going to do about this dilemma? You cannot lead Noèmie on Hobi-Hyung. She does seem vulnerable, and she is a nice girl." Taehyung wonders aloud, already concerned about the upcoming love triangle. Someone is going to get seriously hurt in this situation.

"How could I even consider giving up on Jessica? Tae...Jess is my girl, my safe haven even when we're apart. I can't just..." he grumbles, "She's coming in two days and we were talking about rekindling our relationship...maybe bringing up the marriage topic.'" "His tone conveys his regret.

"You want to continue dating Jessica or possibly marry Jessica despite having conflicting feelings for another girl. Hoseok...I think you are busy falling out of love with Jessica. Your ten-year on-again, off-again relationship burned to embers in the cold ash, "Taehyung shook his head. If Hobi develops feelings for another woman, it can only mean one thing: his and Jessica's relationship has reached a plateau. How can he even consider getting married now?

Hoseok leaned back in his chair, closing his eyes "Tae, all I know to do right now is work on my relationship and tell Jessica the truth. I just have to forget about the temptation known as 'Ms. Seo.'" he looked pained and worried.

Taehyung chuckled softly, mesmerized by the turn of events. His hyung is in it too deep. His feelings for Ms. Seo, which he doesn't even try to deny, are evident, and forgetting such a beautiful and sassy girl will be impossible. He anticipates another bloody drama. And what he knows about Jess is that she was always certain of Hobi's love and devotion. She had never had to fight to keep her man or fight for his love since her university days however if she becomes aware of any remote competition, she will eagerly remove her lady gloves and brutally fight for what is rightfully hers.

Jessica will not allow anyone to take what is truly hers. Poor Noèmie.

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

A/n: Hobi is at a crossroads about this growing feeling for Noèmie.

Thank you all for your support. I'm trying to complete this fanfic as inspiration for the end is mounting up. I hope you are still excited and engaged in the saga of Noèmie and Mr. Imbecile. Stay tuned...

1. Do you have any ideas about what happened between the two in Taehyung's office?

2. Do you believe Noèmie will find an ally in Mr. Kim, or will he support Jessica?

3. Who do you think Hobi will choose? Will it be his long-term, loving 'not-so-ex' girlfriend or sassy Noèmie who piques his interest?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 16.1K 30
"You're smiling, but why do your eyes tell a completely different story?" Park Jimin is just barely getting by, having to take care of his two year o...
710K 41K 79
Story by cutegir2002 ** A story about The CEO of Jeon Passion ent. Jeon Jungkook and his secretary Kim Taehyung. Two exactly opposite people, with tw...
224K 11.3K 45
Sequel to: A Piece of Me (Jinkook) Jungkook and Jin met through a twist of fate. They have deep history together but circumstances caused them to los...
152K 5.9K 46
Taehyung is completely devastated upon hearing that Jungkook is getting married in a month. He has always loved the boy but he could never admit his...