A Perfect Assassin (Assassina...

By Gale4Lifes

Class 3-E. The worst class in Kunigigaoka Junior High School has been assigned to kill a threat to the world... More

(Y/N)'s Information
Prologue: (Y/N)'s Time
Bitch Time
Adult Time
Apology Time
Assembly Time
Dinner Time
Exams Time
Discussion Time
Field Trip Time
Rescue Time
Declaration Time
AI Time
Smile Time
Humid Time
Time To Be A Target
Visit Time
Time For A Fair Fight
Baseball Time
Art Time
Time To Call It A Night
New Teacher
Uncertainty Time
Pool Time
Investigation Time
Warning Time
Results Time
The End of The First Term
Training Time
Time For A Summer Vacation
Strategy Time
Infiltration Time
Infiltration Time 2nd Hour
Infiltration Time 3rd Hour
Infiltration Time 4th Hour
Blackmail Time
Time To Reveal The Past
Time to Meet
"You're a great... "
Little Secret
The Start of New Semester
Freedom
Grow
Disguised Devil
Tag Time
Thief
Superior Time

Time To Meet 2nd Hour

1.4K 57 2
By Gale4Lifes

My friendship with him started when we were still children. We did everything together. The only difference we had was our intelligence.

He was born as a genius while I was the opposite. He always offered his help whenever it comes to study but I refused saying that I want carve my future with my own hands.

Was it my fault that everything turned out like this? He was always there for me but I pushed him away each time. Is that the reason?

Tensai. I always cherish all our moments together. I really mean it.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

14 Years Ago
My Home
Kashi POV

I walked into the house with a lot of envelopes.

Me: Taxes. Bills. Bla bla bla...

And then one of the letters caught my attention. It was from the Science Council of Japan.

A job offer perhaps?

I read the letter and it was a call for interview.

Apparently, I have been summoned to their headquarters. I have to go there on 19th June.

I just graduated from Oxford and a job offer came in? Luck was on my side, it seemed.

I put the letter on my desk and turned on my computer. Then, my phone went off. I answered the call and got greeted with a familiar greeting by a familiar voice.

Tensai: Yo.

Me: Hey. Need anything?

Huraru Tensai. My childhood friend. He's in the same age as me and also just graduated from New York University. We both took medicine course.

Tensai: Just to know how you're doing.

Me: Great, I'd say. I've just been called for a job interview.

Tensai: Really? What a coincidence, I got one too.

Me: I see. Good luck with the interview.

Tensai: Yeah, you too. Anyway, how about we go have a drink tonight?

Me: Sure.

Tensai: Great! I'll pick you up at 8. See you later.

Me: Yeah, see ya.

We ended the call. I put my phone down and started to make my research about Science Council of Japan.

I don't really care to be a professor, but I just graduated about a month ago. Is it normal for them to take a fresh graduate?

That Night
A bar
Kashi POV

Me: So, how's life.

Tensai: Could be better, honestly speaking.

Me: What happened?

Tensai: My parents forced me to a arranged marriage.

Me: Damn, that sucks.

Tensai: It's the worst.

Me: Well, what are you gonna do?

I asked and took a sip of my drink.

Tensai: I don't know.

His family has been controlling his whole life since I first met him in kindergarten. I, on the other hand, has more freedom than him.

Me: So, who is the girl?

Tensai: A daughter to an owner of a big company or some sort. Not sure myself.

Me: I see.

I sighed as Tensai drank his wine. Diplomatic relationship, of course.

Me: What era your parents are living in again?

Tensai: Enough is enough. I'm not going to let them control my life again.

Me: Well, that's good to hear. But are you ready to face the consequence? Living cost is no joke, you know?

Tensai: How much it will cost?

Me: Maybe around 120,000 Yen a month if you're living alone. Well, that's without rent. A single room will cost you around 20,000 Yen and maybe around 150,000 Yen for a private apartment. My opinion, don't rush your decisions.

Tensai: I'll just live with you, then.

Me: And that will make my family living cost higher. My family is not a rich one so you can't expect much.

Tensai: Right.

Me: Well, I-

Tensai: I'm kinda jealous of you, you know?

I blinked a few times.

Me: Huh?

Tensai: You have a happy family despite not being rich unlike my family. I want a family like that too.

Me:... I see.

Tensai: Ah, I'm sorry you need to hear my babbling.

Me: Don't worry, it's not the first time.

He just laughed at my response.

19th June
Headquarters of Japan Science Council
Waiting Room
Kashi POV

Me: It just me, it seems.

I monologued while looking around the waiting room. It's been about 15 minutes.

After a few more minutes, finally someone opened the door. I looked at the door and saw a man in lab coat. He looked like he was in his 50s.

Man: Ikura Kashi, correct?

Me: Yes.

I stood up and bowed.

Man: I am Kenji Hashimoto. The Head Researcher of one of the projects. Nice to meet you.

He offered his hand and I shook it.

Kenji: Now, for your interview.

Me: Ah, yes. This is my-

Kenji: No, there's no need for that. For your interview, I'll just ask you one question after I show you one of the projects we're working on. Come.

He walked out of the room and I followed him.

We chatted while walking. He asked about my life and I just told him.

We stopped in front of a locked door. He unlocked it with his fingerprint and we continued walking.

Kenji: Everything you see behind this door stay in here. Do you understand?

Me: Yes.

Kenji: Very well.

We stopped walking and he turned to a window next to him. I looked at the same direction and saw a baby that maybe around one year old. The baby was wearing white clothes and everything inside the room that he was in was also white.

The baby was writing something on a paper. Maybe just a random sketch.

Kenji: That's subject 000. His real name is (Y/N) (L/N). It just a random name one of us came up with, anyway.

Me: I see. But what does this child have anything to do with my interview.

Kenji: This project is called "Perfection". Its objective is to raise a child to someone who is excel in every aspects. Academics, athletism, and so on. And that baby, is the child we're trying to raise.

Me: What...?

The baby stopped writing and a man in black suit walked into the room. He took the paper away and walked out of the room and approached us.

He gave the paper to Kenji and the latter nodded before giving it to me. My eyes went wide a little bit.

"(Y/N) (L/N)" was written on the paper in kanji.

Me: How old is this child...?

Kenji: 1 year and 2 month.

Me: And he managed to...?!

Kenji: If you accept the offer, you'll be the head researcher of this project. Your job is to prepare all kind of trainings you think suit for the child and of course observe his improvement. Your salary will be around 1.5 million Yen. And question for your interview is...

He looked at me straight in the eyes.

Kenji: Will you accept this job?

I took time to answer that.

Me: Can I ask you a question?

Kenji: What is it?

Me: Why you chose me as the head researcher?

Kenji: It's because of your education history. You with bad results in exams but as the time passed, you started to improve more and more. That's why.

Me: I see.

They chose me because I was kinda similar to the child they tried to raise.

Me: How about the child's parents? Maybe he was born as a genius. Maybe the parents actually a successful person.

Kenji: Is a prostitute and a beggar what you called successful?

Okay, damn.

Kenji: So, will you take this job?

I fell silent again.

Kenji: It's fine if you don-

Me: I accept.

Kenji: I see. You can start tomorrow. And don't worry about this child's future. The government will take full responbility if anything happens.

Me:... Got it.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 3.1K 23
BEWARE, THIS IS CRINGE. DO NOT READ. GO THROUGH MY OTHER STORIES INSTEAD. THIS IS SHITS AND GIGGLES. (y/n) is one of the first students joining class...
214K 6.1K 49
*ALL CHARACTERS BESIDES YOU AND ANY OC'S BELONG TO YŪSEI MATSUI!* L/n Y/n was a learning assassin in class 3-E along with her classmates. In her seco...
46.4K 846 27
When Y/N L/N signed for the student exchange program, he wasn't expecting to end up in the class that was assigned to assassinate their teacher who h...
825 9 11
In the world of assassinations, one name stands out against the rest... a name forever etched in history regarded as the deadliest assassin to have e...