Date Me, Mr. Archer

By kreesilver

(Book 1 in If I Could Series) Fourteen alphabets. Four words. One text. And that was enough to upturn my ent... More

COPYRIGHT
DEDICATION
zero | aesthetics+cover
one | mishap in the rains
two | her interview
three | a friend from the past
four | to her date
five | flirty, conceited jerk
seven | back to square one
eight | one-sided attraction?
nine | pained rejection
ten | fake it till you make it
eleven | date me, mr. archer
twelve | 9:47pm
thirteen | his (fake) girlfriend
fourteen | no falling in love
fifteen | friends don't cuddle
sixteen | home
seventeen | housemates
eighteen | the day i met her father
nineteen | go big or go home
twenty | the double date
twenty one | birthday surprises #1
twenty two | birthday surprises #2
twenty three | if i could
twenty four | his (real) girlfriend
twenty five | the ignoring game
twenty six | kiss and make up
twenty seven | the punishment
twenty eight | one truth at a time
twenty nine | spin the bottle
thirty | so much fucking trouble
thirty one | breaking the third rule
thirty two | the truth
thirty three | the pink scrunchie
thirty four | a recipe for disaster
thirty five | the sound of heartbreak
thirty six | mr. and mrs. archer
thirty seven | love and trust
thirty eight | a promise of love
thirty nine | healing together
forty | our love, our home
forty one | the epiphany
forty two | regrets
forty three | till death
forty four | our home
forty five | feel
forty six | a family
EPILOGUE
EXTENDED EPILOGUE
WHAT'S NEXT? (Lily+Miller announcements)

six | the drunk ride back home

4.6K 296 149
By kreesilver

Was this how every boss and their secretary behaved? I'd watched enough movies to not believe shit they showed but I'd be damned if I said what they showed in the movies wasn't happening with me in real life.

When Sul had proposed to Savannah and professed his feelings, we'd thought they would retire to bed and do their own own couple-y stuff like Sul had predicted.

But Savannah had just thrown a big middle finger in his face by inviting me and Vienna with them into the villa to celebrate. Vienna and her friends drank until after midnight while I stayed fairly sober, wanting to be atleast in my senses when things went South.

And things went south pretty soon.

Immediately after Sul had his last piece of pizza, he sat his fiance on his lap and slid his palm under her mommy jeans. Savannah giggled and shrugged her tunic off, revealing her red lace bra.

My eyes drifted from them to Vienna, sitting on a chair opposite them, watching Sul grope Savannah, in amusement, a giddy smile on her face.

I huffed. What was she laughing about? Watching her oldest bestfriends get naked was fun for her?

Sul shrugged off his jeans and his suit jacket, revealing his black boxers, under which his bulge was eminently visible. Savannah's eyes widened and she broke into a smile, bending down to kiss the tip through his boxers. Sul groaned, pulled Savannah by her hair and kissed her fiercly before shedding her mom jeans. The moment her matching red panties came to my sight, I realised I'd had enough.

Vienna was still watching them make out, almost naked, her eyes widening at her friend's arousal. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, enough porn for today," I muttered roughly and grabbed Vienna's wrist, standing her up.

She swayed slightly, and rightly so because with the amount of whiskey she'd downed in the past two hours, I wouldn't be surprised if she passed out before we even made it to my car.

I called Josh, my driver at some point in the night and he'd been waiting in the parking lot for about fifty minutes now. Sometimes I didn't show it well, but I appreciated that man more than anything, for always being there, at whatever time of the day. I'd probably kill my boss if he ever called me at two in the night and disturbed my sleep.

Thank God I didn't have a boss.

"Come the fuck on Vienna," I muttered, dragging her out of the couple's bedroom.

"Nooooo," she slurred in her drunk daze and groaned before bending down and getting rid of her blood-red heels. She threw them at the foot of their bed and pointed at the couple at the other end of the room, Sul's boxers now gone, his bare arse completely visible as he hauled Savannah onto his waist. "Oh look he's naked."

"Yeah, he's naked and you're going to regret this in the morning if you don't come with me now," I warned, tired and wanting to crash my bed already.

Honestly, when I had thought Vienna was going on a date, I had lost it. Then she brought me here. I watched her decorate the entire lawn pretty much alone since I couldn't even blow a balloon to save my fucking life.

I had observed her every move, enthralled by how much excitement she had for he friends. I couldn't help but wonder how selfless she was? And just watching her happy like that had made me fucking cry. Sure half of it's reason would be all those rich, articulated words Sul used while proposing to Savannah but it'd be a lie if I said I wasn't thinking about me in Sul's place and Vienna in Savannah's.

That fucking thought alone had made me cry and I didn't cry unless I was remembering my grandfather or having a panic attack. So what was it about these emotions intertwining and showing me stuff that would never happen? I would never go down on one knee, ever.

I had never given up my sleep for anyone. Not even when it was Lily's birthday and she was in London so our parents had decided to call her in the midnight. I had been getting my beauty sleep in my parent's house while just downstairs they were having a virtual party with Lily. And I loved my sister. More than any woman I ever had.

So that said a lot about whatever the fuck I was doing here, at half past two in the night, trying to prevent a crazy, drunk woman from watching her bestfriend have sex. The worst part? Tomorrow was a Friday, meaning she'd still have to come to office and work. I'd still have to go the office and work.

But with the already growing migraine because of Vienna not budging from her place, I wouldn't put past me to give us both a break and directly meet next week. Some distance would be good too. I needed to sort these stupid feelings and never see her, ever again, after her work hours.

"Aye, my bestfriends are going to have sexxxxxx," she gasped and then giggled like a child. "Shh," she slurred and hit my arm. I hadn't even breathed and she'd shushed me. Good Lord. She incoherently spoke again, swaying on her feet, making unintelligible gestures with her hand, "They're going to lose their virginity now. Just any moment."

Sul and Savannah had already retired to bed with Savannah under Sul and a white blanket covering them entirely. Good. Because whatever happens under the quilt, stays in the quilt.

And the way they pounced each other, by no means were they losing their virginity. They were long past that.

Savannah let out a strangled moan and Sul cursed, breathing heavily. Vienna giggled again and sighed dreamily, "Ah kids," she shook her head slightly and turned to me, instantly wrapping her hands around my waist and resting her forehead on my chest.

Stop. The. Fucking. Time.

Vienna was hugging me.

Her head was on my fucking chest and I couldn't breathe.

Yeah. I couldn't breathe.

And I realised, I loved this. Her in my arms, hugging me, breathing in my chest, snuggling her nose against me.

"I remember my first time," she said softly, her voice muffled by my white dress shirt. "If it had been anything like theirs," she said and chuckled sadly, "maybe I would've loved sex too."

I couldn't decipher why she was saying this to me. I couldn't understand why it was bothering me so much. Why, the fact that her apparant first sex not being upto par, was bothering me so much? Why did I want to pin her against the fucking wall and fuck her slow and steady, hard and fast, until she realised that she could love sex too?

And then she sniffled. I stiffened. She was crying. "Hey, hey, hey," I mumbled, panicked. "What's wrong? Is everything okay?" I'd known since the first time she cried in front of me that I hated seeing her cry. And everytime she cried in front of me after, it twisted something in my gut. So I wasn't going to let her cry now, when she was in my arms. Not like that.

"No," she muttered and shook her head, her hair grazing my neck. "Actually, yeah," she said again sternly and nodded. "I'm perfectly fine." I didn't believe her bullshit.

"What's going on, Vi?" I asked her again, feeling unsettled about her pretending to be okay when she clearly wasn't.

She cringed and recoiled her arms from my waist. I felt the warmth leave me immediately and without even giving it another thought, I gripped her elbow and tugged her to my chest. "Please don't call me that," she cried softly, covering her face in her palms and snuggling my chest again.

"Okay, okay I won't call you Vi," I told her confused. Why didn't she like being called Vi? I remembered how she had yelled at Bernard for calling her that and how even Sully and Savannah called her Vienn but never Vi.

I wanted to know so much about her. I wanted to learn so much about her. I wanted to conquer her, explore her, make her laugh, make her happy, I wanted to do every fucking thing I'd swore I'd never think of. This woman had been driving me crazy since the day she met me and I was fucking infatuated with her. And now she was here, drunk and unresponsive, crying in my chest.

"Vienna," I called her again and she lifted her lashes to look up at me. Her brown orbs blinked at me and I cleared my throat. "Is it okay if I carried you to my car? Or can you walk?"

She sighed. "Can you please, please hug me?" she slurred again and I saw the innocent request in her eyes.

"Come here," I spoke softly and she unwound her hands from her face and looked up at me from my chest. When I nodded at her, she stepped closer and rose on her toes, drawing her arms around my neck. I engulfed her in a soothing hug, wrapping my arms around her waist and tugging her close to me.

I loved the way she smelt even when drunk. Her hair smelt like lime and whatever Ayurveda shampoo she used and then she placed her cheek on my shoulder, her breath barreling against my neck. Goosebumps rose up my arms and I grabbed her harder to my chest.

I ran my fingers through the expanse of her hair and then down her spine, her back and caressed them softly. What was wrong with me? Why was I getting so affected by the fact that she was crying? Why did I have the urge to comfort her and cuddle her until she fell asleep with not a single tear even threatening to fall from her eyes?

"You know," she enunciated meekly against my shoulder and I hummed at her to continue. She weakly muttered, "I want to hate you so much but I can't help liking you more everyday. And I'm so scared."

I stood aghast, my mouth falling open and my chest thudding unevenly as I realised her words. The amount of power this woman had on my heart, my soul, my fucking brain was insane. "What are you scared of?" I croaked.

"Of falling in love," she revealed. My breath got stuck in my throat when she detached herself from me, took two steps away and looked in my eye before continuing, "and being left. Alone, cold and miserable." A single tear slipped down her right cheek and she wiped it away forcefully.

"You'll never have to worry about that, ever, if you fall for me, Vi darling," I whispered.

She produced a salty, pained chuckle and staggered her way ahead. "I want to go home," she announced and I nodded, my heart feeling heavy and my head pounding, as I walked behind her, keeping my hand on the small of her back, guiding her towards my car.

||

"Oh, you!" Vienna gasped as she shrugged off my arm that was balancing her and ran towards my car, quickly sliding in the passenger seat.

Josh's eyes widened at the invasion since he wasn't used to anyone travelling in the car besides me, let alone a girl, and he recoiled. I tampered a laugh. I had known Josh for years and he'd never flinched like that, not even when I was yelling at him.

Vienna jabbed her finger at his face and then pinched his bicep, throwing her palm over her mouth in amusement. She widened her eyes when Josh fist-bumped her, then laughed as he flexed his fingers, mocking pain.

Shaking my head, I climbed in the back seat just to hear Vienna slur, extremely mullered and out of her wits. She said, "Ah, I know you! I know you, I know you, I know you," she chanted, pulling at her hair strands frustratedly. "I just can't remember how!" she pouted and settled back in her seat, crossing her arms over her chest.

Josh looked at me over his shoulder and raised a brow. I simply shrugged and he sighed. "Alright, where do you live?" Josh nudged her elbow.

She huffed, her cheeks sticking out. " I won't tell you until I remember how I know you," she sulked and closed her eyes, resting the side of her forehead against the window.

If sober Vienna was a pain the ass, drunk Vienna was a pain in the entire body. And yet, I wasn't complaining. I absolutely enjoyed seeing her get exasperated like that.

Just as I was about to ask Josh to take us to my penthouse, Vienna jerked upward. She turned in her seat and shook her head aggressively, trying to get the strands out of her face and grinned victoriously. "Huh, I remember you," she bobbed her head at Josh. "You were the guy in my blue-eyed menace's office when I first came there for the interview. Hi," she cleared her throat and stuck her hand out, "I'm Vienna. Nice to meet you, bulky man."

Josh bit down on his lip to stop himself from smiling and shook her hand. He turned around to look at me and mouthed, blue-eyed menace? I nodded and pointed at my chest, completely resigned at this point and mouthed back, that's me. she's obsessed with me.

Josh rolled his eyes and smirked, you sure she's the one obsessed and not you? When I refused to answer and glared at him, he laughed and turned around as Vienna ratted her address to him and he started driving, a lopsided grin still on his face.

She's the one obsessed and not you? At this point I genuinely didn't know the answer to this question. Was I really getting obsessed with her?

Goddamn.

||

We reached the place Vienna had told Josh about in about thirty minutes and it looked no less than a dumping ground. I was pretty sure Vienna had lied about the place she lived in until she klutzily got out of the car and spread her hands wide, muttering, "Home sweet home."

Confused, I climbed out my car and walked towards her, turning her around to face me. "Hey, you sure this is where you live?"

There were around three five-floored buildings standing one after the other in front of us. The colour of the buildings had vanished and there were hardly any streetlights that weren't blinking incessantly. It smelled foul because just across her building, overflowing trashcans stood proudly, clearly not cleaned for days. Faint barks and mews of cats and dogs filled the air and I was creeped.

"Isn't it beautiful?" she smiled blindingly and spinned, her hands still wide and in the air, her hair flowing as she rotated in her place and expectantly looked at me.

"Uh-huh," I muttered, discarding the urge to pinch my nose in front of Vienna as she started walking towards the building in the center.

Her leg accidentally caught up on the grass that was unmowed and she stumbled forward, almost having face-planted herself until I caught her elbow and pulled her to me, her back hitting my front. My insides fucking throbbed at her warmth.

"You okay?" I whispered against her ear and she flushed, giving me a mortified thumbs-up and an over-enthusiastic nod. God, she was awfully cute when wasted like that.

A few steps towards the building and the door of the house on the ground floor flew open and a lady, not older than fifty, came running towards us. Her hair was wayward as if she'd just woken up and she wore a robe around her body.

"Ay, ay," she yelled and I instinctively looked around, trying to find who she was yelling at. However, she came to a stop right in front of Vienna, me standing behind her, my arm on the small of her back.

"Hi," Vienna smiled sloppily, her eyes struggling to stay open as she waved at the woman drunkenly.

The woman gasped and hit Vienna's arm repeatedly. My eyes widened and I instantly pulled Vienna behind me. She rested her cheek on my back and wrapped her arms around my waist from behind. Fuck.

A swarm of butterflies invaded my stomach and I felt this ridiculous urge to slam my lips down on hers and kiss her until all she could feel was the taste of me. Double fuck because my cock stirred at the image and Vienna holding onto my from behind wasn't helping one bit.

"How much exactly did this silly girl drink?" the woman asked, breaking my reverie and I straightened, thankful for the distraction.

"A lot," I supplied and brought my hands to Vienna's placing them above hers on my waist. "But who are you? And why were you hitting her?"

"I'm the owner of the apartment she has rented. And I've told her multiple times not to drink more than her capacity, stubborn child, she just won't understand," the woman said, shaking her head and trying to peek at Vienna since my strong, bulky build hid her docile frame quite perfectly. "Anyways, who are you? And why was she with you?"

Since this woman seemed to be close to Vienna and definitely cared for her, I put on my best smile, even though I was tired and all I wanted to do was tuck Vienna in her bed safely, get her some medicine and water for when she'd wake up and need them and then go home and retire to bed. But I ceased the thought and introduced myself, "I'm Kyst. Vienna's boss."

"Please call me Jenny," she introduced herself. "So no more Miller?"

I scrunced my brows in dubiety and softly shook my head. "Miller who?"

"Ah that chap," Jenny waved her hand in front of her face. "Miller Jones. The boss of the company she used to work for before she changed to another company."

"Yeah, sorry, I guess no more Miller Jones," I said, still uncertain as to what she meant.

No more Miller Jones? What even did that mean? Did Miller come to drop off Vienna often? Why did Jenny know about Miller and take her name as if it was a regular incidence for her to see him ordinarily.

"Good for her. She hated him anyways," she mumbled distracted and then pointed at Vienna behind my back. She whispered, "I think you might have to carry her. She's asleep."

Still unbeknownst of what Jenny was talking about, I carefully turned to look at Vienna, clearly sleeping like a child, drool emanating from the side of her lips.

"Will she be okay if I hauled her? I don't want her to be uncomfortable when she wakes up and finds out I carried her without her permission," I asked Jenny.

Her face broke into a full blown grin and she nodded exuberantly. "I think she really likes you. So she won't mind if you carry her."

Okay, now I was genuinely confused. Nevertheless, I hauled Vienna in my arms, one arm going under both her knees, the other supporting her under her neck. She rested her cheek against my chest and sighed in peace, shifting slightly, probably trying to adjust to this new position.

Jenny guided me towards the elevator and I stepped in with Vienna in my arms. Jenny pressed three on the elevator and it started moving upwards with a grunt. Vienna weighed like a feather, so light and yet so beautiful.

My eyes drifted to Jenny and she watched the both of us, her eyes twinkling with adoration and excitement. She then looked up at me and nodded at me reassuringly, "I like you better for her. Even though the Jones guy was fine, he wasn't the right one for her. I always thought the right one was waiting for her in the dark somewhere and look, now you've stepped in, into the light. For her. To brighten her world."

"What-what do you mean? Miller Jones? Right one? Brighten her world? I'm sorry I don't quite follow," I said politely. I was so awestruck and so confused, I would pay millions to figure out whatever the fuck was going on.

"She has gone through a lot, my little girl," Jenny said, running a hand through Vienna's hair. "Take care of her."

"Did Miller Jones visit her often?" I asked straight up. I didn't have that much patience and with Jenny telling me things that were either incomplete or that made no sense at all, it made me snap. The elevator door opened with a ding and I stepped out just in time to hear Jenny's answer.

"All the time. He was so crazy in love with her, that man."

My blood sizzled fucking hot. Jealousy and the possessiveness I didn't know I possessed burnt straight to my core and I pressed Vienna closer to me.

Was that why she quit working at Jones? Because he was in love with her?

Holy fuck.

||

xbsjjsiwjjahjskwoamd

cliffhanger GAWK

anyone here from the reel that's gotten about 2k views on my Instagram? Hi!

anyways, vote and comment, bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

773K 49.7K 41
(#1 Unwanted Series) ||Arranged Marriage Romance|| "Open it." She said in her commanding tone, as my hand made towards her π’Œπ’‚π’Žπ’‚π’“π’ƒπ’‚π’π’… to ope...
168K 9.4K 51
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...
29K 1.1K 38
"I won't let him look at you, touch you, feel you. Because you're mine and I don't like others touching and stealing what's mine," he whispered in my...
627K 30.2K 47
"How did you ever become a successful billionaire, I'll never understand." Alex Bianchi smirked. "It's mostly my good looks and sex appeal. And of co...