Balter | Wednesday X.T

By HouseofOriginals

Balβ€’ter (v.) to dance artlessly, without particular grace or skill but usually with enjoyment. In which Y/n... More

Contents
Chapters.
Book One.
Prologue.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Book Two
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Book Three
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Epilogue

Chapter 10.

1.1K 34 0
By HouseofOriginals

Burn Statue

"Still thinking." You plainly told him.

"Your decision doesn't have to revolve around her, you know?" He pushes his hair away from his face again. As if it was a nervous tic he needed to do all the time.

You shook your head, "My decisions don't always revolve around her, I have my own conscience."

"Really, I thought differently." He pulls you under the umbrella. "Even as we were kids, you were always behind her like a shadow. Why?"

Your steps faltered and he stopped completely, not planning to leave your side anytime soon. The reason was none more than clear to you. She brought you reassurance, gave you words of encouragement, and actions of love. She was your sister, your rock. The only person you could ever be dependent on. "Because she's my sister." You wave off.

Xavier hums doubtfully, "Hmm, yeah, because she's your sister?" He repeats. "It's not the fact that people tend to call you "fake" Addams?" You froze completely standing like a statue. You wish you were one in that moment. "So you stay by her side because then no one would ever dare to call you a fake Addams." His eyes stare into yours, trying to read every aspect of you, trying to get more out of you than a single page you allow those to read.

"Let me guess, your vision showed you or was it Bianca?" You stepped closer to him, your hair dripping water onto your face. "Trying to make you run for the hills since she's been jealous ever since you stopped staring at her."

He tilts his head lower, biting his lower lip. "How'd you know?"

"I have my ways." You hum out.

A moth came flying under the umbrella flying in between you and the long haired teenager. Lifting up your hand, you watched as the moth perched itself on the back of your s/c hand. Staring at it intently, everything around you flickered from raining to night.

Someone else's voice filled the air, "What kind is it?" It sounded like it came from a teenage boy.

Looking over at him, you saw two people standing close by without an umbrella instead it was raining stars. "It's a death head hawk moth." A much softer feminine voice sliced through the air.

You walked over to them tilting your head at them. The time was very much different. Rather than the present where it was raining like cats and dogs and every puddle could soak your shoes, this was a night filled with twinkling stars and a few dark clouds in the sky, with a huge singular light source.

"I would never understand why you love moths so much." The teenage boy states.

A small heavenly laugh left the girl's lips, "Oh come on, darling—" It looked like he held his breath when being called such a pet name. "—every psychic has different abilities. Mine are to control these wonderful creatures. It's only fair that I learn them as they learn me."

"If that's what you say." He says in response, his hand lifts up pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear. A small look of adoration in his eyes.

Xavier stood there unmoving as he watched your eyes turn into stormy clouds. "Y/n?" He calls out, concerned. "Y/n?" He calls out once again. "Y/n!" He yells this time. He places a hand on your shoulder lightly shaking you but when that doesn't get your attention he conducts it as, you were stuck in a vision. A vision given to you by a simple moth that laid on the back of your hand.

He stands there waiting for you to return back to your normal state, his free hand mindlessly lifts up and places it on your cheek, his fingers extending back into your wet damp hair. His lips slightly parting as he stares at you more, your beautiful face. Everything about you looked absolutely perfect for him. He simply wished to overstep the current relationship you two held and do things that only partners do with their partners. He wanted to lean down and place his lips onto yours, to wrap his arms around your smaller body, to pull you more into him. To have his hands trace your figure as your hands entangle in his hair.

Every part of him wanted to experience that with you. To be with you on a whole other level but was too much of a coward to speak on these thoughts. To ever act upon them. He didn't want to ruin anything he had with you. So being your friend was something that'll just do. Maybe someday his feelings for you will vanish and he can get over you.

Blinking back into reality, you look up at him. "You're staring at me?" You tell him.

Xavier hums, "And you were in a vision." The both of you stare at one another in pure silence. "What was it?"

You shrug your shoulders, "We should get back before Weems find us gone."

He frowns but listens to you.

✦➶ 𝕥𝓘мẸ ˢк𝐈𝐩 ➷✧

Catching up with the assembly, getting stuck in the very back of the assembly, you felt burning eyes on you, but you never acknowledged them, only staring at your sister as she set up herself and her cello.

Ajax spoke beside you, quietly, "There you are, X, where were you anyways?"

"Uh... just walking." Xavier answers looking towards his best friend.

Ajax raises an eyebrow, "With Y/n?"

Enid right beside him popped her head, eyes bright, her smile wide. "Is (ship name) happening?"

You turn towards the three with a confused look. "(Ship name)?" Xavier repeats. "When did you even come up with that?"

"Why would you even come up with that?" You say.

"Isn't it obvious." She places her hands in her lap. "You two clearly like each other."

"Enid..." You said her name. "You are a hopeless romantic." You stated before turning back to the assembly.

The mayor spoke loudly, "Thank you! It is my honor to celebrate our town's history and Jericho's noble forefather, Joseph Crackstone." He gestures to the bronze statue. "Now he believed that with a happy heart and an open ear, there was nothing our town couldn't achieve. So altogether as one, our community and our friends at Nevermore Academy, we've built a monument to celebrate his memory."

"Now, may the spirit of Joseph Crackstone be memorialized for eternity."

The band started to play as did Wednesday. Walter pressed a button that had water spewing from the bottom of the statue.

Feeling Thing tap your leg, you look down at him. He held out a match just for you. Your fingers grabbed a hold of it. Giving him a questioning stare, he pointed towards the ground below the bleachers where there was a line of liquid heading towards the statue. Looking back at him, he then points at Wednesday, telling you that this was all her plan.

Humming softly, you brought the end of the match and struck it to light. A small fire started. Staring at it, you let it slip from your fingers heading towards the ground. Turning ahead, Thing continued to sit on your shoulders.

A harsh gust of wind pushed as the fire lit the statue melting it. Everyone screamed as they started to run away. The only two people that it seemed to make sense to not leave would be the Addams family. Sitting there peacefully as chaos thrived.

Whilst people got up from the bleachers, you stood and walked past people heading towards the bronze statue, heading over towards it. The heat licking your very skin. Staring at Crackstone as his face melted it looked absolutely perfect.

✦➶ 𝕥𝓘мẸ ˢк𝐈𝐩 ➷✧

Sitting right besides your sister as Weems yelled at you both, "That was a disaster! The mayor is furious!" She paces in front of you. "I've lost count of angry phone calls, emails, and people in town, alumni and parents!" She then waves her finger towards you both. "They want answers and so do I!"

Your sister says flatly, "I would lead the inquisition, but I left my thumbscrews and rack at home."

A look of fury was left on display. "Miss Addams's you both are already on thin ice. Wafer-thin ice."

"I swear on my scorpion and her serpent souls our hands are clean." You hid your amusement as you watched the flames grow large. God how you loved to set things on fire.

Weems growled, "I may not have hard evidence, but I see you. Both of you. The double trouble magnets." Now that was new.

"If trouble means standing up to lies." Wednesday stood up heading towards the principal. "Decades of discrimination, centuries of treating outcasts like second-class citizens or worse..." You continued sitting down watching this all unfold.

"What are you talking about?" Weems demanded.

"Jericho." Wednesday states. "Why does this town even have an Outreach Day? Don't you know the real history with outcasts? The actual story of Joseph Crackstone?"

A heavy sigh left her lips, as she shakes her head. "I do." She just says. "To an extent."

"Then why be complicit in its cover up?" Wednesday challenged. "Then those who forget history are doomed to repeat it."

"That's why you and I differ. Where you see doom, I see opportunity. Maybe this is a chance to rewrite the wrongs, to start a new chapter in the normie-outcast relations." You sat back, arms crossed.

Wednesday stood her ground, "Nothing has changed since Crackstone. They still hate us. Only now they sugarcoat it with platitudes and smiles. "If you're unwilling to fight for the truth–"

"You don't think I want the truth? Of course I do."

Looking down at your phone you received a text from a random number.

It's Xavier, Enid gave me your number
I was wondering if we could talk some more?

Yeah, where?

Receiving an address, you looked up at your sister and principal Weems. As they continued to talk, you slipped towards the door, escaping.

You quickly found yourself in the forest. Finding your way around you came up to a shed and Xavier standing right in front of it holding a rag towards his neck. "Hey." He instantly smiles at you.

You closed the large gap in between you, curious. Your eyes landed on his neck. "What happened?"

You grab a hold of his wrist but he keeps his hand pressed there. "Nothing." He waves off. "I just wanted to talk about the Nightshades. You in?"

Tightening your hold, you pulled his hand away from his neck, witnessing the three claw marks there, fresh blood dripping out. "What happened?" You wondered. Your fingers tracing the cuts.

He hisses, grabbing your wrist with a tight hold, his eyes connecting with yours, they were soft and filled with pain. "My... tricks happened."

"Do you have a first aid?" You nodded towards the shed.

"I'll be fine."

"Amuse me."

"I'd rather not."

"What tricks?" You changed the subject.

He frowns, looking down at his hands. He looked like he didn't want to say them. Too embarrassed to confess to you what happened. "It-it's nothing." He stutters out. "Can we get out of here now?"

The corners of your lips frowned but you nodded, "I suppose so." He places the rag back on the wound and the both of you begin to walk back. Heading towards the Academy.

He sparks a conversation after a long moment of silence between the both of you. "So have you thought of an answer?"

You waited, as if pondering the idea. You supposed it wouldn't be a terrible idea. You were already straying away from Wednesday after all. There was no harm in allowing yourself to indulge in another friend group of your own, would it? "I guess." You told him, hugging yourself. "Just don't fully count on me to make it to all of the meetings. I still do plan on running away with Wednesday after this whole monster fiasco is done."

He smiles at you again for what felt like a thousand times. "Great. I can fully introduce you to everyone." He starts up.

Your mind circled towards the dance that Enid had been talking about nonstop. And Thing had already gotten you an outfit. Saying it fits you perfectly. Staring at him you wondered out loud, "What is the RaveN all about?" 

"It's a school dance," Xavier responds. "This year we all dress in the wavelength color." He teases. "White."

You hum and leave it at that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.6K 1.8K 15
"Out of the billions of people in this world, I'm being married to a werewolf?" Wednesday threw daggers at her parents, physically and staringly. "Ye...
110K 3.5K 22
Enid Sinclair x Fem!Reader x Wednesday Addams A curse. That's what Wednesday felt like to Y/n. A curse that she never wanted to get rid of. A deadly...
52.8K 2.4K 37
𓏲 ΰ£ͺβ‚Šβ™‘π“‚ƒ. π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—›; meet winona addams, the polar opposite twin sister of wednesday addams, who finds herself reluctantly dragged to nevermor...
78.2K 2.5K 37
Y/N L/N is a 15-year-old cynic and nihilist. A self-appointed loner. He also happens to be a Psychic student at Nevermore Academy, having been attend...