Chapter 5.

Convicting

Convicting

After the night you had Xavier had let you stay in his shed and got you a hot cup of (drink you prefer). Keeping your snood very closely. His studio was nice and warm. And you were completely amazed as he painted with loud blaring music playing in the background. His area was starting to look more like a conjoined space as he allows you to have some of your books there piling up on an empty desk that is now yours.

The both of you walked together in the middle of the night with large coats around you both. Laughing into the night. Jokes being slid here and there. Getting rid of the tense feeling that had overcame you both.

It felt nice to be with Xavier, spending time with him gave you a sense of normality. What it would've been like if you made friends at any of your old schools.

He takes off his coat and then helps you with yours. "Come on doll, you wouldn't want to try painting?"

"I'll leave the artistic abilities to you, love." You smile at him.

He then turns on the light showing Wednesday lurking in the corner holding two knives on a stool. Tucked in a corner you've claimed. Xavier scoffs, "You know what? You need to stay out of my space." He heads over to Wednesday.

"You need to take your own advice." You caught onto her words quickly. She turns both blades down and stabs them into the chair. "You left those in my room." The latina girl then rises from the chair. "Actually you left it in Thing and my sister's hand."

"Wednesday, I told you their height and build. It wasn't Xavier." You crossed your arms disapprovingly.

Wednesday eyes land on you, "You're completely blinded by your love for him."

"We're not having this discussion." You shook your head, ready to take Wednesday out of the shed.

"We have to. Otherwise you'll end up dead just like Rowan."

"It's not him."

"Think with logic rather than emotion. Xavier Thorpe is the hyde, Dr Kinbott is Laurel."

Blinking with such shock. "Look at you making theories and not having the full evidence," You scoffed.

Wednesday stares at you feeling a little betrayed, but she shoves whatever emotion down to the dark abyss of her body. "I have all the evidence I need." She gestures to the painting that was hidden from her view. She takes the sheet down revealing Kinbott with four slashes over her face. "He's lived this already. He killed his master to gain freedom so he can cause havoc."

You nod your head mockingly, "Yes because having visions makes you into a hyde." The truth barely escaped your mouth. You couldn't tell her. Not when she was like this. Not when she was too deep. You were protecting her from any harm. They want you, they can earn your death.