Devil's Gambit

By AnaliseRoberts

Harley hated his brother's best friend- at least at first. The passive aggressiveness and ego of the man he n... More

Devil's Gambit
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 28

911 54 8
By AnaliseRoberts

Harley stared at Lucas as his throat grew tight, pressing his parted lips together into a beaming smile.

"Te amo," he whispered back, nudging his nose against Lucas' cheek. The older man bowed his head, his left hand that lay on the mattress next to Harley's face curling into a fist. The full pain of his nails biting into the palm of his hand was almost like a reminder that this was reality, and not some wonderful dream he was having.

Lucas wanted to make sure he could never wake up from this.

Sitting up, Lucas stared down at Harley with a star struck gaze- he looked so handsome lying underneath Lucas on his bed. The bit of hair that usually laid over Harley's forehead was already making its way back into his eyes, no matter how much Lucas would brush it away.

Leaning over to reach the nightstand, Lucas opened the drawer where the folded up piece of paper had laid for weeks, grabbing it and presenting it to Harley.

Scrunching his face up with confusion, Harley propped himself up on one elbow and accepted the piece of paper. "What is this?"

"Open it," Lucas responded with a nod.

Still slightly wary, Harley carefully unfolded the paper, Lucas staring on intensely as his boyfriend's eyes danced across the contents.

"These are- lab results?" Harley questioned, gaze flicking up at Lucas to confirm.

"I went and got tested awhile back to make sure I kept us both safe. I was going to show you earlier, but you were hurt and I didn't want you to think I was trying to make you do anything while you healed. Still, I wanted you to see the paper yourself," Lucas said tightly, his lips pursed.

"Lucas, I- you know I trust you. If you said you didn't have anything I would believe you," Harley shook his head in disbelief.

"I know, which is exactly what I didn't want you to do," Lucas huffed in exasperation, shoulders slumping. "Look, it was important to me that you knew for absolute certainty that you weren't exposing yourself to anything, because I wouldn't want you to accept anything but solid proof. Just because it's me doesn't make any difference, really because it's me you should be even more careful."

Harley blinked dumbly, looking back at the panel of test results, a long column of negatives spanning down the page. He tossed the paper to the side carelessly, leaning up to wrap his arms around Lucas' neck.

"I hate it when you do shit like this," he muttered, kissing the side of Lucas' mouth.

"Do shit like what?" The other man teased.

"Treating me like I'm some god and that you're no better than a rat in a dumpster."

"Maybe I am no better than a rat in a dumpster," Lucas breathed, planting a much longer kiss on Harley's lips. "But in my eyes, you are a god. You're like. . . angelic, something I should never be able to touch with all the filth I've waded through."

"I don't think angels would do this," Harley grinned against Lucas' lips, reaching down to grab the front of his jeans. Lucas felt like he skipped a breath, closing his eyes as he met Harley's lips again in a much more passionate, hungry kiss. Their lips moved as if they would both soon disappear, and they wanted to be able to taste each other on their tongues for the rest of time. Harley began to pant with want, causing Lucas' eyes to shoot open, his pupils blown large in lust. He pushed Harley back down against the mattress, slotting himself between his legs as he nipped at the edge of Harley's jaw, before moving down to his neck. Lucas left open mouthed kisses all the way down until he reached Harley's t-shirt, where he rucked up the the bottom to under Harley's arms quickly, the other man sitting up to get his shirt off with urgency. Lucas bit the inside of his lip as his eyes grazed over the expanse of skin on Harley's chest, nothing but an empty canvas waiting to be marked in Lucas' eyes.

"Holy shit, Lucas!" Harley gasped, jumping slightly in surprise as Lucas very quickly began using his teeth to create marks around Harley's collarbones, barely below where the neckline of a t-shirt would fall. Just like he always did. Harley twisted a hand into Lucas' dark locks, tugging slightly whenever his boyfriend would nip at his skin a little too playfully with his teeth.

"Lu- Lucas!" Harley tried to get his boyfriend's attention, lightly slapping the side of Lucas' face to break him out of his stupor. The man lifted his head from where he was sucking a mark onto Harley's pectoral, his lips red and swollen as he wiped the spit off his mouth with the back of his hand, looking at Harley nervously.

"Is something wrong?" he said worriedly, furrowing his eyebrows in concern. Harley almost lost his focus by the fear etched onto Lucas' face, but the tension was quickly dismissed as a mischievous grin took over Harley's face.

"I've been waiting for you to be ready, but I've been really horny, and if this doesn't lead to sex I might just have a mental breakdown," Harley held the sides of Lucas' face, trying not to laugh through his confession. Lucas stared back at him in shock, but quickly regained his composure as he grinned devilishly. Pressing their fronts together more harshly, Lucas watched in delight as Harley made a choking sound while throwing his head back against the bed.

"Then I guess we'll just have to have sex," he hummed, his lips moving against Harley's as he spoke.

"Get your shirt off then!" Harley griped, gripping the back of Lucas' tank top and yanking it over his head. Lucas assisted the rest of the way, standing up on his knees as he pulled his tank top over his head so Harley could get a little show.

Harley raked his hands over the firm muscle of Lucas' chest and abdomen as the other man dropped back down on top of Harley, feeling up and down his sides.

"How do you want this?" Lucas said lowly, kissing Harley's navel and looking up at him from under his lashes.

"I want to know what they felt," Harley breathed, licking his lips quickly.

Lucas gave him an odd look. "They?"

"All the people you used to fuck up in your room, forcing us to hear their screams and moans all bloody morning and night," Harley replied, yanking slightly on the shell of Lucas' ear. "And I had to sit there knowing you were having sex with someone else."

A slight realization dawned on Lucas as Harley spoke in a slightly strained voice, picking up the hints of pain underlying the words.

This was certainly new to Lucas, he had never realized Harley was even drawn to him at that point; but then the memory of them in the bathroom together after Lucas got into that ridiculous bar fight came to mind.

That was when Lucas had set his eyes onto the younger man, but his blood ran cold knowing that Harley was already there, and the ensuing hell that he had put him through.

Lucas' eyes were downcast as he thought, and he eventually gained the courage to raise them to meet Harley's, those emerald green irises swimming with hurt and sadness, his lips set into a tense thin line.

"I thought we've been through this, Harley," he began slowly, swallowing thickly. "I'm not going to give you the cold and emotionless fuck I gave them."

Lucas sat up to work at undoing Harley's jeans, their eyes never leaving one another's as Harley lifted his hips so Lucas could slide off his jeans and boxers in one move. "I'm going to give you something slow, where everything will be so overstimulating that the only thing you can think of is me," Lucas said seriously, taking off his own jeans and boxers until both men were completely devoid of clothing. Harley was pretty sure he stopped breathing, forcing himself to keep his eyes trained on Lucas' face, only his resolve was soon broken as his eyes glanced down at the one part of Lucas he had not yet seen. His eyes quickly flitted back to the safety of Lucas' face, feeling his skin grow uncomfortably warm in anticipation and slight worry.

"Is that why people are always screaming?" He whispered.

Lucas shrugged. "I'm a firm believer that motion of the ocean is the most important, but having a decently sized boat helps."

Harley covered his face with his hands. "Oh my God," he groaned into his palms.

"It's not actually as big as it looks, I promise. I've seen a lot of dicks, and there are some real anacondas out there."

"Just- be careful?" Harley winced, removing his hands slowly.

"I will, I will, don't even worry about it," Lucas leaned over to rummage through his night stand. "I've been told my fingers are even better than my dick."

"You're going to put me into cardiac arrest," Harley huffed, rolling his eyes as Lucas re-positioned himself in between his legs, poised to rip a condom open with his fingers. "I used to open these with my teeth, which was a lot sexier, but the ladies at the clinic told me to quit doin' that."

"Wait-" Harley shot a hand up to stop Lucas, who paused with his eyebrows raised nearly to his hairline. "I don't want it."

"You don't-" Lucas started, glancing down at the condom and then back at Harley's determined gaze.

"You just showed me you're good. I want to feel. . . everything."

"Holy fuck that's hot- alright, alright," Lucas flicked the little square foil onto the floor, popping open a tube that was grasped in his other hand. "Ready?"

"Ready for-?" Harley began, but Lucas surged forward to lock their lips together, and Harley's eyes flew open as he felt a slight pressure below. There wasn't any pain with only one digit, just the strange foreign sensation and shockwaves of surprise coursing throughout his body.

"I wouldn't do that with anything more than a finger, promise. I do love the look on your face though," Lucas purred, and Harley stared wide eyed at the ceiling.

He had completely forgotten who his partner was, and that moment right there was a strong reminder that Lucas in bed could be an absolute menace. Maybe he should have explored with himself a bit more before pretty much diving off the deep end.

"Good for another?"

"As long as you don't jam it in there!" Harley hissed, shooting daggers at his boyfriend.

"No, definitely not. Jamming and ramming can be for another time- not our first," Lucas grinned, and Harley felt himself age by about a decade.

"For someone who talked a big finger game, you sure haven't- oh fuck!" Harley gasped, grabbing fistfuls of the bed sheet. Lucas had added another finger and hit something, Harley wasn't even sure a sensation like that even existed, but now his boyfriend was curling his fingers inside him and-

"Shit, Luke-"

"That's what happens when you talk smack," Lucas was now towering above Harley, one hand braced against the side of his head as his other was reached down behind him, and those steel grey eyes were narrowing as he stared down at Harley.

Biting his lip harshly, Harley nodded quickly, squeezing his eyes shut as one of his legs started to close. "Yep, got it- Lucas, I swear you're about to end this right now if you don't hit the brakes a little-"

"Sorry. Got a little carried away," Lucas replied sheepishly, easing up on the pressure as Harley let out a shaky sigh of relief. Lucas continued to warm Harley up, albeit much slowly and less intense this time.

"I'm good, let's go," Harley breathed, gripping onto his boyfriend's shoulder and pulling him down for a chaste kiss.

"You sure? I can keep going. . ."

"I'm about to go numb, so I think I'm good," Harley responded, bucking up slightly. It was quite the sight to watch Lucas pull away to slick himself up, and Harley watched slightly dazed as Lucas crawled back over him, lacing his left hand with Harley's right as the other hand positioned himself.

"Ready?" He asked huskily.

Harley nodded quickly, a strong yes rushing out as he tried to relax. His head fell to the side as Lucas pushed in, breathing rapidly at the overwhelming sensation. Lucas remained slow with his movements, smothering Harley's face in kisses to distract him.

"It's in."

Harley cracked open an eye, finally turning his head back towards Lucas as he adjusted to the intense pressure. "I'm trying not to freak out over the fact that there's a dick inside me right now."

"Fair enough. You call the shots here. I won't move until you say."

Harley gave himself a moment to reassess his discomfort, and after a long pause, gave Lucas the green light to move.

No amount of time could have prepared him for what went down after that. It was clear Lucas was very skilled in sex, he'd had a lot of practice with many different bodies, but Harley's mind was already so overwhelmed with different sensations of pleasure- it was difficult to even think straight.

And the man kept true to his word.

All Harley could feel was Lucas, completely surrounding him, his touch on seemingly every inch of his skin. With their chests pressed together, Lucas' tongue in his mouth and him moving inside him- Harley was already at the cliff's edge. Tears began to stream down his face as Harley quickly became overwhelmed and emotional at how much he loved Lucas in that moment.

"You mean so much to me," Lucas mumbled against his lips, and Harley would take the fact that's what pushed him over the edge to his grave. Lucas, ever the people pleaser, followed right behind Harley after seeing the blissed out expression on his face as he bathed in the afterglow. "Holy shit," he groaned, moving away from Harley.

Lucas sat back on his heels, looking down at his boyfriend, whose legs trembled from their place around Lucas' waist while the tear tracks began to dry on his face as he blinked, finally coming back to himself.

"Yeah. . ." Harley trailed off, propping himself up on his elbows as he felt like his brain was rebooting.

"You okay?" Lucas questioned, wiping another tear that escaped the corner of Harley's eye with his thumb.

"I'm good. Really good. It was just. . . a lot. All at once," he laughed, shifting slightly. Lucas still hovered around him worriedly, trying to fuss with him, so Harley grabbed his jaw and planted a soft kiss against his lips in reassurance. "It was amazing," he whispered.

He felt the tension bleed out of Lucas' shoulders as he turned to putty in the other man's grasp. "Let's clean up and go to bed. I'm exhausted," he suggested, and Lucas nodded obediently, moving to grab his discarded shirt to wipe off their chests.

The couple settled in under the covers after straightening up the bed and putting on some clean sleeping clothes, Harley turning to face the wall as Lucas curled around his back, his arms wrapping around Harley's chest as he placed his forehead in the crook of the other man's neck. Harley smiled to himself, eyes sliding closed as the drowsiness combined with contentedness pulled him under mercilessly.

The two were out like a light until well after dawn broke, when Harley shot up, smoothing hair out of his eyes as he stared at the wall in front of him. He held his head as he attempted to recollect his surroundings and determine why he was ripped from his slumber so suddenly. The sun was shining brightly through the gaps in the cheap curtains that covered Lucas' only window, and he winced against the sensitivity of his eyes. Harley threw a hand out behind him, feeling for Lucas' body, only to grasp at empty air.

He twisted around quickly in shock, eyes immediately narrowing in on the slight dent left in the mattress from where Lucas once lay.

Harley's head whipped up at the sudden bang of the bedroom door smacking against the wall, right as Lucas was dragged out of the room in a headlock by his older brother. 

~

Uh oh, well I guess Axel knows now! Hopefully they can get him to come around, and this was just a bad first reaction with little thinking on Axel's part. Leave a vote if you enjoyed the chapter! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 196K 38
***EDITED AND REVISED VERSION IS AVAILABLE ON AMAZON IN PAPERBACK AND KINDLE*** "You wrote my name wrong" "You said it's Rider" "It's Ryder with a Y"...
858K 38.3K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...
3.2M 121K 49
*** COMPLETED *** Sixteen year old Daniel Layman has been bullied since he came out. His best friend and protector Sean, moved to Los Angeles leaving...
432K 4.6K 7
SPIN-OFF TO "FROM THE OTHER SIDE" Having a crush on one of your best friends is already a struggle. Having a crush on one of your best friends, who...