Undertale: Reason to Live

By narvaezmontoy

In this AU, Frisk is suicidally depressed, and it's up to Sans and Papyrus to restore his will to live. Just... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter: 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103

Chapter 14

340 11 11
By narvaezmontoy

Frisk finished his shower and turned off the water. He dried himself off and wrapped a towel around his waist.

After he brushed his teeth, he tried looking in the mirror, so he could comb his hair. But since he was too short, he decided to climb onto the dryer to use that mirror instead. Frisk put the comb in his mouth, climbed on the toilet, climbed on the sink, and used that to jump onto the dryer.

When he reached the dryer, he saw the clothes Papyrus found him in. They were all folded into a pile. The key that he still carried around his neck was sitting there on the top.

Frisk took the comb out of his mouth and smiled as he picked up the key. Even after being away from home for three years, he could not bring himself to ever throw it away. He put it back around his neck where it belonged.

Frisk then put on his underwear and his jeans. After that, he sat down with his legs crossed and started combing his hair. When he was done, he noticed a pair of scissors sitting on the washing machine. Frisk crawled over, picked them up, and stared at his hair in the mirror.

Meanwhile, Papyrus left his room and ran to Sans' room and then ran downstairs to the kitchen where Sans was finishing the eggs and bacon while Undyne was still lying on the couch.

"Morning, Papyrus," Sans said.

"Morning, Sans," Papyrus said. "Have you seen my scissors?"

"Stop yelling, Papyrus!" Undyne said turning over on the couch and pulling the blanket Papyrus loaned her over her head along with the pillow.

"No," Sans said. "Why do you need scissors?"

"I'm trying to make a get-well card for Frisk," Papyrus said. "And I need scissors to make it."

"You can check in here, bro," Sans said putting the food on their table. "But I haven't seen them."

"I'll assist you!" Undyne said standing up and throwing the blanket off the couch.

"Whatever," Sans said rolling his eyes. "But you're cleaning up any mess you make."

Undyne dizzily ran into the kitchen and threw open all the drawers so hard that some of them hit the wall while Sans ducked to avoid the other ones. Her hangover meant her aim was off. Sans stared in dumbfounded awe, and Papyrus ran around and looked in the drawers on the floor.

"Undyne, I'm not seeing any scissors!" Papyrus said.

"That's no good!" Undyne said wrapping the blanket around her body and opening the front door. "I'm going to the store!"

She then ran out in a crooked line while narrowly avoiding everyone in she came across.

"I should go with her," Papyrus said starting to follow her. "Wait, I remember where they are now. They're in the upstairs bathroom. Wait, Undyne! Come back!"

Papyrus went out the front door and chased after Undyne. Sans expression changed in concern, and he short cut upstairs and knocked on the bathroom door.

"Hey, kid!" Sans said. "Are you alright in there?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Frisk said. "I'll be out in a minute."

"Well, Undyne's gone…Sans, what are you doing?" Papyrus said walking back into the house and shutting the door behind him.

"Papyrus," Sans said as calmly as he could. "Frisk is in the bathroom where the scissors are."

"So?" Papyrus said walking up the stairs.

"Papyrus, you remember what happened yesterday. He's now alone with a sharp object…"

"Oh, my God!" Papyrus said rushing past Sans and opening the secret door. "We're coming in, Frisk! Please stop whatever you're doing."

"Papyrus, wait…" Sans said.

They opened the door to see Frisk sitting in front of the mirror wearing a towel around his shoulders and trimming his hair.

"What?" Frisk said glancing at them before going back to what he was doing. "All I'm doing is cutting my hair."

"Oh," Papyrus said looking awkwardly at Sans and then back at Frisk. "You have hair and you're cutting it? Why would you do that?"

"It's getting too long," Frisk said turning his head over as he struggled to reach the hair in the back. "People think I'm a girl when it gets too long…"

Sans short cut on top of the dryer and gestured for the scissors.

"Frisk, let me help," Sans said.

"I've done it myself a ton of times before," Frisk said. "I can handle it…"

"But do you want it to look good or like crap? I know ya don't have eyes on the back of your head as determined as you are."

"You don't have hair. How would you know how to cut it?"

"You underestimate how smart I am. Come on. Hand them over."

Frisk reluctantly handed the scissors over, and Sans started trimming the back of his hair. Papyrus watched curiously.

"It barely looks any different," he said. "Do you ever do anything different with it?"

"My parents kept it shorter when I was younger, but when I ran away, I let it grow out to this length because that's how my Dad used to do it," Frisk said with a smile.

"Oh," Papyrus said. "Did your Mom wear her hair like that, too?"

"No," Frisk said gesturing with his hands. "Her hair was really long. It went all the way down her back. It was beautiful."

"What were their names?"

"My Mom's name was Necese. My Dad's name was Franc."

"Hey! That's kind of like your name. Isn't it? They begin the same."

"Yeah, my Dad's family had a weird tradition where all the first-born children had a name that started with FR. My grandfather's name was Freud. His dad's name was Fritz and so on."

"Huh, that's an interesting tradition."

Frisk smiled and said, "My Dad said he used up all the FR names before getting to me…"

"What do you mean?" Papyrus said. "I thought you said you didn't have siblings."

"None that are alive. They all went to heaven before they were born. There's a medical word for what happened. My Mom told me, but I can't remember what it is…"

"Miscarriage," Sans said. "Your Mom had miscarriages. That means the babies all died in the womb."

"Yeah, that's the word," Frisk said. "She said that 6 of my siblings died before she had me…"

"Oh, my God," Papyrus said. "That's a lot of babies. How did you not die?"

"My parents were determined," Frisk said. "They didn't give up even when the doctors told them to. They just prayed and kept going and eventually they had me, and I made it even though I was born early. There's a word for that, too…"

"Premature," Sans said. "You were born before it was time to be born. Babies that are born early have many health problems and have to stay in a hospital until they're well enough to leave. Some don't make it."

"Yeah, that's it," Frisk said. "My parents said I got out of the hospital faster than most premature babies did because I was so determined to stay alive. They always called me their miracle baby."

"Wow, Frisk," Papyrus said. "You're more amazing than I thought."

"Gives you another reason to stay alive," Sans said finishing the haircut. "Doesn't it?"

"What?" Frisk asked.

"Your parents went through a lot to have you," Sans said removing the towel and sweeping all the hair into the garbage can with his magic. "You also fought through a lot to make it to this point. The Almighty did something awesome when he made you. I say it's even more reason to stay."

"I guess you're right," Frisk said with a small smile.

"You guess?" Papyrus asked while Sans short cut to the sink and washed all the leftover hair off his hands. "You've got your family line…no…our family line to continue. Isn't that a reason to stay alive?"

"You're right," Frisk said. "I guess it is."

Just then, his HP went up by another point. Papyrus smiled, and his eyes froze in happiness.

"Papyrus?" Frisk asked while picking up his white t-shirt that said "I Love Ebott City" on the front. "Papyrus? Sans, I think he's broken."

"Give him a second, Frisk," Sans said turning off the water and drying his hands off with a towel. "He gets like this when he's excited."

"Okay…" Frisk said before Papyrus threw him up in the air causing him to drop his shirt.

"YOU'RE GETTING BETTER, FRISK!" Papyrus yelled. "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! YESTERDAY, YOUR HP WAS ONLY AT 1, BUT IT HAS RISEN SO MUCH ALREADY! I NEVER DOUBTED YOU WOULD MAKE IT! I NEVER DOUBTED IT FOR A SECOND!"

Frisk could only smile in response.

"Now, let's get food to celebrate!" Papyrus yelled before putting Frisk on his shoulders and running downstairs.

"Wait, Papyrus!" Sans heard Frisk yell from the stairs. "I'm not wearing a shirt!"

"You can't eat without wearing a shirt?" he heard Papyrus respond.

"Well, I can, but it feels awkward…"

"Why?"

"It just does!"

"You don't look that bad without one. Wait, what are those things on your chest? They look squishy!"

"Oh, my God! Don't stare at my nipples!"

"What do they do? Can I touch them?"

"NO!"

Sans laughed to himself and picked Frisk's t-shirt off the ground. He looked at himself in the mirror in satisfaction.

"I'm going to enjoy this much more than I thought," Sans said before short cutting downstairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 1.2K 20
{COMPLETED} Sans' life isn't easy, and living in an Underground society filled with torture, rape, and murder doesn't make it any better. Every singl...
1.1K 29 20
Having escaped their cruel imprisonment within Mount Ebott, monsters have settled on the surface for six years now. Their human savior, Frisk, now st...
76.8K 3K 14
For many years, Frisk never once knew about Valentine's Day. What?!! That's probably what you're thinking. Anyways, Frisk has a huge crush on a certa...
118K 3.9K 62
Everyone has a happy ending. If you're not happy it's not the end . . . . •°•°☆°•°• Y/n (that being you) fell i...