Guilty Pleasure

By gmaeewrites

18+| We are enemies. We didn't know. -|Book 2 of Sicilian series| Can be read standalone- More

Aesthetics
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26

24

514 5 1
By gmaeewrites

My fingers run through her dark hair as she sleeps with her head on my chest. She looks so peaceful. 

She stirs a bit, her wrist now facing up, showing me the spider burnt into her skin. I can't stop the corners of my lips from turning downwards.

I have kept checking on the time since Donatella fell asleep to make sure we don't miss the flight. Now it being two am and only having two hours 'till our flight is off, I'd say this is the time I should wake her up.

Though, I could just let her sleep and-

No.

I run my thumb along her cheek bone and whisper, "Beautiful."

Her eyes squint before she fully opens them. She places her hands on my chest and lift up her body, now staddling my waist.

"What time is it?" she asks, her voice slightly hoarse.

"2:04."

She sighs, "I'll go see if they are up downstairs."

I shake my head, "You get ready. I will get them up."

Donatella nods and gets up from the bed, heading towards the bathroom. I go downstairs where Alek and Aria are watching some movie and Kai is passed out on the couch.

"Be ready in fifteen," I say from the bottom stair.

Alek nods as Aria starts to shake Kai to wake him. Bye the time I'm turned around and stepping up the next stair I hear Kai mutter a few curses.

I knock on Donatella's door. She calls out, "Come in," so I do.

She sits on the edge of the bed, slipping on black heels that match her black slacks and jacket.

I grab my black slacks along with a black dress shirt. I go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, and get dressed. When I step out of the bathroom Donatella is messing with her hair. After a minute or so of trying to put it up she throws her brush at the bed in defeat. 

Notices me in the mirror, "Can you hand that back to me," she nods over to the brush.

I hand the brush to her and then she chucks it at my stomach. 

"What was that for?" I stare at the hairbrush lying on the floor.

"Just felt like it."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I follow behind Donatella as she finds a seat on the plane. She takes a window seat, I sit beside her, and Alek takes the seat open next to me. Aria and Kai take the open seats behind us.

Donatella chooses a movie on her screen. Instead I lean my head back, letting my eyes grow heavy.

When I open my eyes the plane is bumping, I look out the window and see we are now landing. Somehow the forty-four minute flight flew by.

Once the plane stops, the sounds of everyone undoing their buckles grows quickly. I grab Donatella's and I's suitcases and carry them down the aisle behind Alek. 

The five of usquickly find our way out of the airport and wave down the nearest taxi. The hotel Donatella booked is only a five minute drive. Alek hands the driver some cash before we get out. I check us into our room. Alek and I share, Aria and Kai share, and Donatella gets a room to herself, though all the rooms are right next to eachother.

"Goodnight," Aria says before her and Kai close the door to their room.

I look over to Donatella, who is using her card to open her door, "Be ready at eleven?" I ask.

"Sounds good," she mutters, not looking behind her before she goes into her room.

"What is up with her?" Alek questions as he unlocks our room.

I shrug my shoulders, following my brother into our room. He takes the left bed. I take the other. Almost immediatly I am back asleep.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

My alarm wakes me up with its annoying ringing that makes me want to burry my head under a million pillows. I turn of the alarm and look over the Alek who is glaring at me. 

I throw the covers off me, making my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. 

Inside my suitcase I take out my gun and load it. I place the gun in the waitband of my slacks.

Alek steps into the small bathroom to do the same.

As he loads the gun he asks, "Do you think he's going to be there?"

"I hope so," I say simply.

If Axel is not there it will set us back so many steps. And, if anything, I want Donatella to get her closer or whatever she's trying to get out of this.

I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this.

My heart is beating so hard against my chest. My airway feels so tight , as if it's only a milimeter wide. 

My fingers pull at the hair at my scalp. I don't know what I am going to do, what will I say? I know I can not simply just let him off with a bullet to his forehead , that's the easy way out.

 What happens if he is not even there. 

Right now, I do not know what would be worse; him being there or not.

I run my hands down my smooth leather pants , and zip up my black jacket. I have pulled my hair up into a slicked back ponytail. I take Allegra from my bag and run my nails along the sharp , shiny blade. I place the knife in the strap around my waist. I do the same with my gun , making sure they are both secure.

I take in a long deep breath , feeling the cold handles of the weapons press into my waist. Oddly enough , it is relaxing.

I slip into my matt black combat boots , tightening the laces. I knock from my door pulls my attention.  I look through the peep whole to see a tall figure , the tattoos inked into his neck tell me it is Damien. I unlock the door, opening it fully.

"Ready?" he asks me.

"I think so," I reply.

"Alright. Alek and them are out at the car they rented," he tells me.

I follow him down the narrow hallway to the elevator. He presses the ground button , the red numbers start to descend and the elevator comes to a stop. The doorkeeper opens the door for us and infront of the hotel is a black SUV parked.

Damien opens my door and I take my seat. Inside the car I see Aria messing with a laptop in the front and Kai leaning over her shoulder watching. Alek types in the address Furore found us a few days earlier.

"Aria will stay in the car , she will be tracking us and in control of our ear pieces in case we get seperated," Damien informs me.

"I will try to get into their cameras if they have any," Aria adds on.

I nod my head following along. Aria turns her laptop where we all can see, "I have made a map of the building. Here you guys will go in," she points her cursor at a door off to the side. She goes on to explain where she believes everything will lead to and exits all over the building.

The engine starts up and the car begins to move. I watch the buildings pass the window for the whole twenty minutes the drive takes. Alek parks the car behind a bunch of brush and trees. Aria hands out the earpieces and we check to make sure everyone is connected. 

Four of us get out of the car, making our way to the side of the building where our entrance is. When I hit the corner of our side I look around the wall to see a dozen men infront of the ,what I assume is the main entrance, armed with large guns.

I signal to the guys to turn around and to go into our door. Kai takes his lock pick from his pocket and undoes the lock. We all make our way into the doorway, taking a right that Aria said should lead to access to more halls.

I lead the way and stop at a large steel door where inside I hear voices. Listening closely there is at least three men talking.

"Aria , find me another way into room to my right," I whisper.

"On it," she says immediatly.

Not even a minute later she is directing us to another entrance that is connected to the maid kitchen. When we reach the door I can tell it is much thinner from the wood it is made out of. I can hear the voices more clearly. It seems to be english but one of the men have an italian accent.

"Wait there," I point to a spot where if you open the door the guys won't be visible.

Alek raises his eyebrow but doesn't question me, none of them do. 

I raise my fist up to the door and knock, "Beverages!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160 4 35
It is said that having enemies means that we fight for something. I don't know if this truth is universal but it describes my story well. Seemingly p...
891K 14.7K 50
|18+| Tatum Kingston, daughter of the leader of the Red Bloods Mafia forced to look for a hand in marriage only at 19. She crosses paths with Sicilia...
47.6K 1.1K 44
Book 2 Siempre. Always. That's how I thought it would be. That's how I thought we would be. But we weren't, because she was gone even before our sto...
1.2M 20.8K 113
𝓕𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼 SMUT WARNING |EDITING "i still hate you, we will forever be enemies." he picks up the condom "but i'll see...