The Greatest (TLOK)

By JaneMayLily

Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or ev... More

Important stuff (I swear)
~Playlist~
OC and extra info
Face Claim
OC Clothing ideas book 1
1) The Avatar (Book 1)
2) I told you so
3) The get together
4) If I was a rich girl
5) Brothers
6) Skyfall
7) Kai
8) Stirring the tea
9) The sacrifice
10) Attack
11) Auto Pilot
12) A last good bye
End of Book 1
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 2
13) Oh my spirits (book 2)
14) A mechanic or a sorcerer
15) Tension is in the air...
17) The big bang
18) Lights, Camera, Action
19) Smooth criminal
20) A prison and A premier
21) Bright and deadly
22) Bad Sophie
23) A giant women
End of book 2
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 3
24) A Sneeze and a blast (book 3)
25) Kai 2.0
26) We are family
27) Treason
28) Kuvira
29) I'm glad
30) Life saver
31) Wait and see
32) Prison Blues
33) Always
34) Almost dying=Motivation
35) The first kill
End of book 3
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 4
36) See you again (book 4)
37) Stabbing the tension
38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'
39) Unpleasant Pleasantries
40) Fever dreams
41) Put a ring on it
42) Coward

16)...everywhere I look around

300 15 0
By JaneMayLily

:)Thank you for 500 reads

Sophie POV

I couldn't sleep that night as my thoughts wouldn't let me.

The thought that someone was in my room, looking through my stuff without me knowing not just creeped me out but also worried me.

I have to much info in my notebooks that if someone were to steal it...I don't even want to think about it.

Just as the first rays of sun hit the South Pole I decided I had enough and got up.

I needed to report to the United Nations.

I have the right too.

Not even Unalaq is allowed to stop me.

Even through he doesn't seem to care about what he can and can't do either.

Just as I am about to leave to find a radio a knock sounded through my room.

"Coming!"I shout and quickly walk to the door.

"Hey Sophie."Asami greets as I open the door.

"Oh hey, Asami.What are you guys doing here so early?"I ask, referring to my brothers.

"I'm closing a deal with Varrick today and I was hoping you could join me."she says and I nod.

"We are coming with to support, you should come to."Mako says.

"Uhh yeah, yeah, I'll come.I just also have to finish some work for the United Nations today."I say, putting on my boots.

"Don't worry.It shouldn't take that long."Asami says.

"Okay, I'll be out out in a second."I say and close the door so all the hot air doesn't get out.

I quickly grab my backpack and check that both of my bracelets are properly on before joining them.

We walk to Varrick's house and when we arrive we are sent straight to his office.

I take a seat on the couch with my brothers, while Asami walks around the room.

After about an hour I start to get annoyed.

Has he ever heard of the saying time is money.

"Where's Varrick?We should've closed our deal an hour ago."Asami says worriedly.

"Would you relax? This place is great and the best part about it? Eska doesn't know I'm here."Bolin says making me roll my eyes.

"Don't say her name three times or she might pitch up."I say chuckling to myself.

"Eska, Eska, Eska.You see nothing."he replies and sticks his tounge out.

Just as I was about to reply the doors were pushed open making my head shoot towards the door.

The guards step to the side to reveal no one other than Eska and Desna.

I let out a short laugh while Bolin stands up, sweating.

"I wasn't hiding. hey, hey-hey, hey."he says making me shake my head in disappointment.

"I'm not on the hunt for you.Currently."she says making me let out a breath of relief.

"We search for Varrick.Our father wishes him to stand trial."Desna explains.

"What did he do?"Asami asks .

"He is a traitor to the water tribe, along with our aunt and uncle."Eska says making my eyebrows furrow.

"What?"I ask.

"Korra's parents were arrested?"Maki adds on.

"Yes.Your powers of deduction are impressive."Desna says sarcastically.

"Yeah, he's a cop."Bolin says making me pull a face.

"Varrick's not here."One of the guards say.

"Very well.Desna, let us continue our search elsewhere.Boyfriend! Bow To me when I exit."she says making me rub a hand across my face.

"Yes, yes, my sweet koala-otter."he says bowing down to her.

"You are so cute when you grovel."she says before walking out.

"Get up, Bolin.This is just sad now."I say and nudge his side with my foot.

"Don't let her treat you that way.Stand up for yourself."Asami says making me shake my head.

We just saw that he doesn't stand up to his problems but rather bows down to them, literally.

"I tried to break up with her, but Mako gave me terrible advice.Thank you, Mako."Bolin says crossing his arms.

"Don't make the fact that you couldn't see a red flag when it tells you it's one, Mako's problem."I argue crossing my arms.

"Yeah, how are your girl problems my fault?"Mako asks.

"Bolin, you need to be honest with her.Tell her how you really feel."Asami advises.

Just as I was about to throw in my opinion a voice interrupted.

"Honesty is for fools, kid!"the voice says.

"Varrick?"Bolin asks.

"If you want to ditch this girl, then make yourself scarce."Varrick advises.

"If he ditches, she'll make him scarce."I say uncrossing my arms.

"Then disappear, like I did!"he shouts.

"Where are you?"Asami asks curiously.

"Somewhere Unalaq will never find me.Inside ping-ping.How we doing?"Varrick asks and looks out of the platypus-bear's mouth.

"The coast is clear.You can come out."Mako says as we walk closer.

"No way, mister.Not until I know it's absolutely, 157% safe."he says and a cup of tea is handed to him by someone inside the bear.

"Ahh! Thank you, Zhu Li."he says making us look at the stomach of the bear where she should be.

For all the things she does for him, he better marry her or give her compensation.

Like he wouldn't be able to function without her.

"Your assistant's in there too?"Asami asks.

"Zhu Li never leaves my side."he says and takes a sip of his tea that he spits out almost immediately.

"You forgot the honey!"he shouts at her.

"Sorry, sir.There isn't any in here."she says a bit annoyed.

"No honey?We're in a bear for crying out loud!"he shouts.

This guy is weird.

"I'm gonna go see how Korra's doing."Mako says and turns towards the door.

"Wait.I'll come with you."I say quickly and walk with him.

Asami and Bolin soon catch up and we make our way to the court house.

I was talking with Korra for a bit before Unalaq stopped me and asked if I'd be willing to do a testimony.

I was confused on what but he said that there was a few technological based evidences that needed to be identified during the trial and as I was one of the best in the field he was wondering if I could do it.

Korra was with me and said I should do it as she trusted me.

My brothers also supported the idea and told me I should do it.

So I agreed and was placed in a room with a few pieces of evidence.

I analysed every piece.

Memorised any dents and logos.

After Unalaq gave his testimony I was called out.

"So Miss Sophie would you please state you qualifications."the judge called out.

"I graduated from school at 12 and immediately started working for future industries as a mechanic and project developer till I got recruited by the United Nations a few months ago and have been developing for them since.
I was ranked to have the highest IQ in all of republic city."I say loud enough for everyone to hear me.

I hear whispers and the old man gives me a skeptical look.

He nods slowly and writes something down.

"Is there a specific reason why you are in the north?"he asks.

"I am here in the name of the United Nations for research but I may not say more then that to the public."I answer and he nods.

"I understand,"he says and shouts for someone to bring in the evidence.

The box is placed on the table in front of me and he looks at me expectedly.

I take out a pair of gloves and snap them on.

I grab the most interesting pieces of evidence and push the box to the side.

The court was so quite you could hear a pin drop.

I place my hands on either side of the object and look at the judge.

"This is a bomb."I say in a steady voice.

I hear a few shrieks from behind me and carry on.

"No need to worry, I disabled it earlier on.I'm a bit surprised it didn't go off but I guess we were lucky."I say and shrug.

The judge looks slightly mortified before gesturing for me to continue.

"The material is a bit old.Looks like it was built in a rush which means that whoever built it was not experienced nor had enough time to build it properly.This was not planned in advance."I say and push it to the side.

"But this on the other hand,"I say and take what looked like a piece of metal out of the box,"this was made to kill."

The man gave me a skeptical look but waved his hand, telling me to carry on.

"Made out of the purest metal.Imported and definitely here to hurt."I say as I stand up and look around, showing it to the crowd.

"What is it?"I hear Bolin shout.

I press a hidden button on the bottom and I knife pops out.

"It might look like a regular knife but I have never seen something so sharp."I say and walk back over to the table.

I ram the knife in one side and cut straight through it.

"So you can confirm to us that they were trying to kill or badly injure someone."the judge says as I sit back down.

"Well yes but that's not the only thing I wanted to prove."I say and look over to the people who are being accused of murder right now.

"All these people standing there are not guilty.I know that attempted kidnapping was not the right thing to do but more then half the people standing there are completely innocent on all parts.The only they did was speak their mind, which they are allowed to do and even you, as the wise, very old, man you are should see that even the people that did act out only did so because they feel that their freedom is being taken away.Besides even I can't tell you who planned this.The only thing you really have are these two items but you don't know who they really belong to so you can't just prosecute all of the people."I say and act like I'm placing both items in the box.

I slip the knife into my sleeve so I could investigate in more later.

"So what do suggest you do?Let them go."he says and put a hand on his chin.

"Everyone is innocent till proven guilty and right now you can't prove guilt to all of them so yes, let them go till you have some proof that shows their personal involvement."I say, grab my backpack and stand up.

"Thank you.You're dismissed."he says and I walk to the side where Korra is standing.

"You did great."she says and puts a hand on my shoulder.

Korra is called up and I watch anxiously.

The judge absolutely destroys Korra and dismisses her quickly so he can leave to make his final decision.

I decide to get some food but stop when Eska drags Bolin past me.

"Sophie.Good to see you.Come with me,"she says and grabs my arm, dragging me with them.

Why is she so strong?

She drags us to where she's staying and pushes us both into a room before freezing the door.

I turn to Bolin and feel my eyes pop out of my head when something around his neck catches my attention.

"Is that a betrothal necklace?"I scream and push Bolin.

"Are you absolutely stupid."I carry on.

"I know and I tried to talk to her but when I thought she understood, she actually really didn't and thought I meant we should get married."he says and puts his head in his hands.

"And what did you say after that?"I ask and slide on the floor leaning my head against the wall

"I cried and then you came and now we're here."he says and joins me.

"Oh Bolin."I say and rub a hand across my face.

"I'm sorry okay!I know I'm stupid but Sophie, I really tried, but she doesn't listen.Please help me, I'm too young to be married."he says and puts his head on my shoulder.

"We'll figure it out."I sigh and look around the room for an escape.

No windows and she froze the door.

And too top it off no earth to bend either.

"You cant fire bend by any chance."I joke letting out a sad chuckle.

He shakes his head and quietly starts sobbing again.

"Come on get up.Let's figure this out before she com-"I say just as the door unfreezes and Eska walks in.

"You're still crying from Joy.Good to see your just as happy as me."She says and throws each of us a bag.

"Sophie your going to be my maid of honor."she says and walks back out, freezing the door again.

I take out the knife I stole and stab the ice but because it's the size of a pocket knife the damage is minimal.

"Fuck this"I say and turn back to my crying brother.

"Bolin stand up and get changed.The faster she lets us out of here, the faster we can find a way out of this."I say and he nods.

I change into a blue dress which looked like a copy and paste of Eska's but Bolin's outfit looked so bad.

Someone also came in and styled his hair to look like a bowl cut but when they tried to touch me I threatened to stab them so they let me be.

Even Pabo got a small outfit which was cute but that's not the point.

Eska came in later and gave an approving nod.

Now it was my time to shine.

"Hey, Bestie, so I know we are all so excited for this beautiful day. I mean you're just glowing but it is very important for Bolin that our friends and family are here.So they watch you two become one, forever."I explain and Bolin sobs from behind me.

"I will let you get them but be back soon."she says and I nod eagerly.

"Thanks bestie, see you later.Bolin move."I say and we both quickly walk out.

We walk to Varricks office and Bolin opens the door with me behind him.

"I don't even want to know."Mako says.

"So I'm guessing the breakup with Eska didn't go well?"Asami asks.

"No, no, the honesty thing worked out so great that she decided we should get married!"he shouts making me step from behind Bolin to next to him.

"And guess who was kidnapped and made the maid of honor, I mean look at me."I say and walk into the room.

"Sorry"Asami says, giving us a look.

"I'm pretty sure the guy is supposed to give the girl he betrothal necklace."Korra says.

"I guess Eska didn't get the memo."Bolin says annoyed.

"Look, the only way to deal with a crazy woman is to lie big and leave fast. Lucky for you Varrick's got your back.Gather around ping-ping, let's talk plan."Varrick says and we gather around him.

While the rest of the group each do their own task, I have to go back to my hut to get the rest of my research.

They might not be as important as the stuff I have in my backpack but still nothing I want to leave behind.
I take a ski-mobile and quickly gather all my stuff before driving to Varrick's boat.

As I reach the docks I hear a lot of commotion which gives me the perfect opportunity to slip past the guards and onto Varrick's ship.

I quickly climb up to the control room and see everyone already there.

"Sophie!"Bolin shouts and I walk up to the control panel.

"Can you move please?"I ask Varrick before kicking one of the panels sides making it pop off.

I drop to the floor and grab onto the wires.

I pull out my knife and cut through a few before reconnecting them with each other.

"This will make it go two times faster then it's limit."I say and and stand up.

"You're a genius kid.Now just to get the boats out of the way."he says and I nod.

"If only we had a plane to get any close to those ships I could waterbend them out of the way."Korra says.

"A plane why didn't you just say so."Varrick replies and pushes a button.

"Um Why do you have a plane on your boat?"Mako asks.

"Incase the boat sinks of course."Varrick replies.

"But there's no runway.How are we supposed to take off?"Asami asks.

"Zhu-Li make a note, build runway."Varrick shouts.

"Yes, sir."she replies.

I look out and turn to the others.

"I have an idea."I grin.

Asami, Mako, Korra and I go down to the plane.

"You sure this will work?"Mako asks.

"72% sure."I reply and look at the plane in approval.

"That's... promising."Korra says and they all climb onto the plane.

"You guys know the plan and be careful to not set anything on fire, except the ships of course if necessary."I shout as Asami starts the plane.

I quickly walk away to a safe distance and watch in anticipation.

"Now!"Korra shout and her and Mako start blasting fire.

They first loose altitude but quickly regain it.

I run back to the control room and take a seat in front of the controllers.

I watch as Korra water bends our way through.

I cheer with Bolin and press a few buttons while Varrick steers.

Korra and the others go to free her father and we quickly pick them up once they are all on the deck.

I let out a sigh of relief and decide to check up on my brothers.

"You two good?"I ask them.

"We're fine."Mako replies and pulls me in for a hug.

"So what you going to do now?"Bolin asks.

"What do you mean?"I ask.

"You know,what about your job at the United Nations."Mako says and I nod in understanding.

"Well I'm going to have to report back to the United Nations as soon as we reach land but for now I'm staying.My job here is not done, I still have to investigate and research and besides I can do way more here than on those ships."I explain and give them a smile.

Mako's eyes soften with relief and Bolin hugs me.

"I'm so happy you're staying..for now at least."Bolin says.

"Me too"I say and hug him back.

Soon Korra joins us and tell us that her father will not be coming with us and we watch as he goes back to the South Pole.

"I really need to thank you, Korra."Bolin says.

"For what?I started a civil war."Korra asks.

"Exactly.Now Eska and I are officially broken up."Bolin says as I jab him in the ribs.

"Every time you mention her she pitches up.It's like she can hear you."I say and scowl.

"Looks like we have company and not the fun kind."Varrick shouts from the front and we walk over to him.

"What is that?"Mako says as I squint.

"Oh my word."I say and grab Bolin's arm.

Bolin gasps and takes a closer look.

"That's my darling, Eska.Is this thing fast enough to escape my crazy, water bending girlfriend."Bolin says as I grab the steering bar.

"Only one way to find out."I say and push the boat to its full speed

"Hold on tight, losers"I shout as I hear a few screams.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 178 29
"You love him, don't you? I see the way you look at him. It's like he's your whole world. I can't possibly blame you for falling in love with someone...
13.3K 476 57
Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when The Fire Nation attacked. Only The Avatar, master of all four el...
42.9K 1.2K 25
______________________________ ______________________ Book 1; Y/n daughter of Commander Bumi and M/n a fragile noble from the fire nation who died wh...
133K 3K 26
Being the daughter of the current Fire Lord, and the future Fire Lord has its ups and downs. People adoring you and getting away with things that you...