I've Been Waiting for You (LG...

By rinealex

Rain Spencer Dawn is one of those girls that everyone wants to be friends with. And it seems her charm brings... More

I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 1
I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 2
I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 3
I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 4
I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 5
I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 6
I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 8
I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 9
I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 10
I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 11
I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 12
I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 13

I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 7

16.9K 225 30
By rinealex

Chapter 7

“Why girls are so hard to understand ?” I cover my face with magazine.

“Are you retarded ? You are also a girl. Remember that air head.” Ashley says to me while flipping through Teen Vogue.

“I know.” I move the magazine aside.

“Why did you do that anyway ?”

“Honestly, I don’t know.”

“But you just fucking cheat on your girlfriend and best friend, which is also my best friend with my new good friend and also your new best friend.” She said with mocking tone.

“What do you think I should do ?”

“Do whatever you want. It’s your life, your choice.”

“Do you even care ?”

“Not really.” She frown.

“That so like you.”

“I know you can make your own decision. If I tell you what to do you’ll regret it later.”

“You’re right.”

“I’m hungry Rain. Let’s go eat.” She whines.

“What do you wanna eat ?”

“Cheese burger and fries !” She yell.

“Okay, let’s go.” I jump out of bed.

We go downtown and find a burger place. It’s a tiny place, but it’s pretty famous. It’s about six thirty in the evening when we get there. It’s not crowded right now so we decide to eat there. We order and just chat for a little bit.

“So, what are you g0nna do ? You know, about Mir.” She said clearing her throat between her lines.

“I thought you didn’t care.” I glance at her.

“I’m her friend after all. So just spit it out Spencer.”

“Don’t call me Spencer dumb ass.”

“Why ? It’s your name isn’t it ?”

“I know. But I don’t like you to call me by my middle name. Not a lot of people know about it anyway.”

“No, it’s my mouth anyway. I’ll call you whatever I want.” She gives me that bitchy smirk of hers.

“Remind me why I’m friend with you.” I hold my head with my hand.

“I’m irresistible.” She takes a sip of her drink.

“Yeah right, dream on dumb ass.”

“Speaking of irresistible, the boys over there seems to checking us out.”

“Fuck them. I don’t care. I’m taken.”

“I’m taken too. I wonder how you attract all of those girls though… I mean, attracting boys, it’s easy. But all those girls, how you’d that ?”

“I have no idea. But I prefer not to care. I’ve got plenty of troubles already. What’s with you ? Getting bi-curious ?”

“Not really, just wondering.”

“I don’t buy it.”

“Whatever Spencer, just tell me what you’re going to do.”

“I think I’m gonna tell her, but I’m gonna wait for the right time.”

“Well, good luck Spencer.”

“Stop calling me Spencer Jenkins !” I call her by her middle name which she hates.

“Fine ! But don’t call me Jenkins.”

“It’s a deal Jenkins.”

“Fuck off Spencer.”

“Oh, somebody mad…” I said with teasing voice.

Our order comes and the waitress give me a piece of paper that has phone number on it. The waitress is a pretty cute girl. She got that girl next door look. I frown to her and she shake her head.

“Not me, the boys over there.” She point out to the boys that Ashley mention earlier.

I look at the boys. Some of them give me and Ashley a wave and some of them just give a nod. I look at Ashley, she wave back. I clear my throat. She stop waving at them.

“Sorry, I’m taken. I have a girl-friend.” I said separating the word to make it clear.

“I’m taken too, but I’m into boys.” Ashley said.

“You are ? Too bad, call me if you interested though. I’m Nikki.” The waitress said giving me her phone number to me.

“Thank you Nikki. I better not do that.” I give her a smile.

“Why not ? Afraid of your girlfriend ?” Nikki tease me.

“Here is the thing, her girlfriend is kinda possessive. And second, she once said to me that she wouldn’t date someone who is way older than her.” Ashley answers all of her question for me. I just give her a nod.

“How old is way older ?” Nikki ask.

“Like, more than five years.” I answer.

“But I’m twenty three. How can that be way older ?”

“Well, in case you haven’t notice. She’s like very young.” Ashley said with that ‘I’m gonna teach you dumb bitch’ look.

“She’s a minor ? How old ? Seventeen ? Eighteen ?”

“Fifteen.” Ashley said getting bored.

“You gotta be kidding me !” Nikki sound surprise.

She look at me. More like scanning me. I just look back at her while chewing my food. She doesn’t seem to believe what Ashley said.

“How can she be so tall at fifteen and look that mature ?” I think she don’t know that these days, people getting taller.

“I know right. She’s a giant.” Ashley just answer her calmly.

As Nikki leave my phone rings. I take my phone from my pocket and answer it.

“Hello.” I said while my mouth is half full.

“Rain, don’t talk while chewing.” Mir said from the other line.

I gulped down the food and take a ship of my ice green tea.

“What is it ?” I ask.

“Where are you ?”

“At the burger place downtown, I’m with Ashley.”

“I see, I’m on my way there. I’m hungry, will you order for me please.”

“Sure. What do you want ?” I wave my hand at Nikki.

“A cheese burger with lettuce and pickle, fries, and lemonade.”

“Got cha’.” I hang up.

“Yes ? How can I help you ?” Nikki come being as friendly as ever.

“A cheese burger with lettuce and pickle, fries, and lemonade please.”

“Alright, coming right up.”

“She’s still waiting for that phone call Rain… Remember that…” Ashley say to me.

“Shut up…” I brush her off.

Ten minutes later Miranda is here. When she opens the door head turns. The boys from earlier checking her out, I think they almost droll. She goes to our table and sit beside me and giving me a soft peck. The boys whistle. I just let them slide. I’m not in the mood. Miranda look at me all smiley. Ashley just rise her eyebrow to me wondering what got into her. I don’t know either.

“What’s up Mir ? Why so happy ?” Ashley ask her.

“My father finally wake up !” She sound very happy.

“Really ?” I’m on the edge of my chair.

“Yep. I’m so glad.”

“We are so happy for you !” Ashley said eagerly.

“Thank you guys, by the way where’s Tom ? And how is Charity doing ? I’m worried.”

I almost spurt my drinks when she said that. I wonder how she’s doing right now. I really hope she’s okay. I think I’ll call her later. But then… Earlier… I wonder if she’s mad at me now. I think I should tell Mir what happens now. I can’t lie to her. I just can’t.

“Tom is hanging out with his friend. I think Charity is still sick. Maybe we should go to her place tomorrow to see how she’s doing. Tomorrow after school, how’s that sound ?” Ashley suggests.

“Yep, we should.” Miranda agree.

After we finish our food and say goodbye to Nikki. Ashley went back on her own. Miranda and I went straight to the hospital. After we see her father I take her home. We went to her room. I locked the door behind me and take a deep breath.

“Why you lock the door ?” Miranda ask confused.

“I want to talk to you. It’s kinda private.”

“Alright, what is it ?”

“I’m sorry Mir.”

“Sorry for what ? Don’t scare me Rain.”

“I cheat on you.”

Her eyes start to tear up. I hug her tight. She didn’t push me. She hug me back and cry on my shoulder.

“W, why Rain ? Who is it ?”

“I kissed Charity. But, it’s my fault. Not hers. If you want to blame, blame me. It’s all my fault. She told me to go away after that and she feel guilty. But I kissed her, so…”

“But why ?”

“I, I don’t know. I’m sorry…” I don’t even know what to say. I can’t tell Mir that I prefer Charity over Miranda. I don’t want to hurt her even more.

“I’m not good enough huh ?” She’s sobbing.

“No, that’s not it.”

“What is it then ?”

“Miranda, please, I won’t do it again. I promise you.”

“You still haven’t answer my question. You like her right ? More than you like me ? You love her ? You don’t love me don’t you ?” She grab my shirt and hug me tighter.

“I, don’t know what to say.”

“I see…” She loosen her grab.

“Mir ? I’m sorry.”

“Rain, I know if I said this I’ll probably freak you out. But, I love you.”

She sit on the floor. Her long dark brown hair covers her face. I slowly approach her and get rid all of those hair from her face. I stroke her cheek lightly. Her face is flushed from crying. I hurt her. I’ve done it. I’ve done what I’ve been avoiding all this time. I can’t watch her like this.

“Listen Mir, will you give me one more chance ?”

“What ? But… I thought you like Charity.” She look up to me.

“I do like her. But I want this to work out. You and me.”

I kneel down in front of her. And take her face and make it closer to mine. She slowly close her eyes and so am I. Our lips touch. She press her lip harder to mine. I start to kiss her chin and lower to her neck. She grab my face and pull it back to hers. After what seems like eternity, we part. Our heavy breath break the silence of the room. I look at her and smile lightly. I wipes her tears with my thumb and peck her lips.

“Like what I’ve said before. I don’t want to hurt you. You mean so much to me. So please, will you forgive me ?”

“Yes. And, you also mean a lot to me. So, you wanna stay overnight ?”

“Sure.” I kiss her neck lightly and she giggles.

The next day, just before school is over Mrs. Lynch suddenly call me to her office, which is weird. As far as I remember I haven’t been causing trouble lately. I wonder what she wants from me this time. I just leave my class room and start walking through the long hallway filled with picture of the past principals and all of that history stuff. After what seems like a mile or so, I finally arrive at her office door. Huge dark double door made from wood that is probably older than me with all of that carving that you’ll find in old buildings. I fix my uniform, not wanting her to yell at me for hundreds time because of my uniform. After I check everything is in place I knock the door, and wait for her to let me in.

“Yes, please come in.” Here it comes. I open the door and come into her room.

“It’s me Mrs. Lynch. Are you asking for me ?”

“Yes, yes. Please sit down.” I sit down on the chair in front of her.

“Am I in trouble ?” I rise my eyebrow. She just grins at me.

“No, no. Actually, I’m surprised that you haven’t make any trouble lately.”

“Thank God. So, what’s up ?”

“Can you please watch your language ? It’s not ladylike.”

“Oh, okay. Got cha’.”

She frowns at me. I put my hands on my lips and whisper ‘shit’ slowly so she can’t hear me. I clear my throat and start talking again.

“I’m sorry, what I intended to say earlier is, what is the reason for you to summon me here ?” I roll my eyes.

“Much better, although I want you to say it like you meant it.”

“I certainly will your highness.” I blob my head.

“Very funny, Ms. Dawn. Very funny indeed.”

“So… Like what I ask before. What’s up ?” She place her hand on her head and massage it lightly while she sigh.

“Move along now, can you please help me today ?”

“Help ? What kind of help ?”

“You see, after this we have this open house. So can you help out with the sports club ? Just the one who ask though.”

“What should I do ?”

“Just stay at school after this and change to your sport uniform. Then just take a walk at the school ground and they will tell you if they need any help. I told them to ask you already.”

“What the.. ?”

“Any problem ?”

“No, nothing.”

“Very well then. You can go now.”

“Alright.”

I walk out from the office. Damn, why she always do that… She really hates me. Gosh, this is gonna be so tiring. So, I get back to class waiting for the bell. I change into my sport uniform and do as she said. So I cannot see how Charity doing today. I help out a bunch of clubs. God, they suck. No wonder Mrs. Lynch ask me to, otherwise the middle schooler don’t want to enter this school after they find out how suck the clubs are. I help out tennis club, girl soccer club, golf club, before you ask, yes, we have golf club. Also the softball club, volley ball, and the one that I didn’t expect is the horse riding club. I just realize how pathetic our clubs are. The one I helped out anyways, I don’t know about the rest. But our basketball and baseball club is pretty famous. I enroll here because of the academic stuff, so, I don’t give a damn about the clubs. Some of the middle schooler actually realizes that I’m all over the place. They probably wondered why I’m in so many clubs.

I’m finally finish, I look at the watch and it’s seven in the evening. I’m still in my sports uniform and haven’t take a shower. I think I should see how Charity doing. I’m worried, so I decide to visit her. It’s not that late anyway. I go to her place and ring her door bell. The door open, I don’t know who it is. A guy about my height, dirty blonde hair that match Charity, but he has grey eyes.

“Good evening. I’m a friend of Charity, I want to see how she’s doing. Is that okay ?”

“Um… Yeah, sure. I’m her brother anyway, I’m Chris.” He move away so I can get in.

“Hi, Chris. I’m Rain. Where’s your parents ?”

“They went abroad yesterday, after they pick her up they went straight to the airport. They don’t want to leave her, but she’s stubborn.”

“Oh…”

I went to her room and knock the door. No answer. I knock again, but still no answer. I open the door slowly and find she’s asleep. I get closer look at her. She’s so beautiful when she’s asleep. I touch her forehead to check her temperature. She has fever. Her forehead is burning. I quickly ask Chris to bring a bowl of water and towel. I place the wet towel on her forehead and change it when it’s dry. I do it all over again and again till I fell asleep. As I’m sleeping I hear movement and it wakes me up. She slowly wakes up. She look at me and reach her forehead to find the towel on her forehead.

“You did this ?” She ask with her weak voice.

“Yeah.”

“Thanks Rain.”

“It’s okay.” I smile at her.

“Listen Rain, I’m sorry. You know, about the other day.”

“I’m sorry too. I told Mir what happens.”

“I know.”

“You know ?”

“Yeah, Mir come by earlier and told me.”

“Is she mad ?”

“No.”

“Thank God.” I let out breath of relieve.

“So, are we alright ?”

“Yeah. We’re alright.”

“Rain, do you remember ?”

“Huh ? Remember what ?” I dunno what she’s talking about.

“So you really don’t remember huh ?” She grin.

“What ?”

“Geez, I told you that I’ve seen you before right ?”

“Yeah, I thought you’re kidding.”

“I’m not. We did see each other a long time ago.”

“How long is long time ?”

“About ten years ago.”

“That’s ten years ago and you still remember ?” I rise my eyebrow.

“Oddly, yes.” She grins.

“Okay, tell me about it.”

“It was in Time Square, ten years ago, you help me. I’m six at that time. Does that ring a bell ?”

“Nope, can I see your photo when you’re six ?”

“Sure. I have one right here.” She grab a photo frame on her side table. I look at it, and suddenly it hits me.

“N0 way…” I said almost in whisper.

“What is no way ?” Charity look at me.

“Nothing… You’re cute.”

“Thanks.”

This is so confusing. It can’t be true. Charity is the girl in my dream. You gotta be kidding me. The memory come back, I remember her. That time in New York.Oh man, why it has to be now ? When I already have a girlfriend who love me so dearly. The timing is so not right. And why didn’t I remember it sooner ? Rain you’re an idiot ! But on the bright side, I finally know who’s the girl that has been haunting me in my dreams since I can’t remember when. But seriously, this is so not cool. She’s my first love. I can’t believe that my first love is her. It’s Charity. Oh man, what now ? I’m so fucked up right now. This is gotta be a joke. But sadly, no.

LOL this chapter is excat 3000 words...

Anyway, any thoughts ?

Tell me please...

And do not forget to vote and comment...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26 0 13
*This is the first story I ever wrote and worked on for a college assignment. I worked on one chapter and I was hooked. Being able to come back and r...
5K 448 45
Scarlett's childhood was not the prettiest. With an emotionally abusive stepfather, an insensitive mother, and an unwillingly absent father, Scarlett...
368K 19.6K 34
Rainier 'Rain' Laurent is a 17 year old gay in high school. His life is ordinary, except he's plagued by nightmares of a car accident that happened a...
837 59 29
Rain Harder. Damon Welding. Not only do they not share the same background nor social class, but their personalities couldn't be any more different...