Midnight Wanderings// Drarry

Od ItsDrarryBitch

Set in the eighth year and everyone that died is still dead. ~~~~~ Draco has a secret. Or at least that's wha... Více

Authors Note
Chapter One- Pilot
Chapter Two- Up To Something
Chapter Three- Spill
Chapter Four- Crazy
Chapter Five-Racing
Chapter Six- Sickly
Chapter Seven- Gone
Chapter Eight- List
Chapter Nine- Caught
Chapter 10- Surrender
Chapter 11- Better
Chapter 12- My Saviour
Authors Note
Chapter 13- Draco's New Friend
Chapter 14- Seduction
Chapter 15- Heat
Chapter 16- Mutual Attraction
Chapter 17- Changed Man
Chapter 18- Instigator
Chapter 19- Realization
Chapter 20- Haze
Chapter 21- The Article
Chapter 22- Love Confession
Chapter 23- Collision
Chapter 24- The Giant Squid
Chapter 25- Bath Time Surprise
Chapter 26- Boggarts With a Cherry On Top
Chapter 27- Confrontation
Chapter 28- Reconcile
Chapter 29- Wait For You
Chapter 30- Mates and Masquerades
Chapter 31- Til' Death Do Us Part
Chapter 32- Pen-pals
Chapter 34- Hints and Holes
Authors Note
Chapter 35- When The Sky Falls . . .
Chapter 36- Close Call
Chapter 37- Content
Chapter 38- Christmas Break Part 1
Chapter 39- Christmas Break Part 2
Chapter 40- Suspicious Activity
Chapter 41- The Truth Will Set You Free
Chapter 42- Severed
Chapter 43- Bond or Not . . .

Chapter 33- Remembering and Planning

210 2 9
Od ItsDrarryBitch

Should I write a sad and heart wrenching fanfiction where Draco wakes up and he's a ghost at Hogwarts but instead of the castle he's tied to, it's Harry. Then they fall in love but Draco's dead, so it'll be depressing? I think it's a wonderful idea so ya'll let me know.

Draco's P.O.V

Draco,

Your mother is valid, Draco. Owls can be traced or even intercepted. Umbridge use to do just that in fifth year. You can't go wrong with being extra cautious. 

That's basically the definition of showing off, Malfoy.

Merlin, Draco, when it comes to innocence I surely have you beat. I wouldn't touch Quirrel on purpose even if I'd known he'd die the second I did.  And Ginny has never 'seen my basilisk' either. 

Ginny and I did date for a while. But we kind of just fell out of it. I wouldn't say we were really in love. Once you really love someone you never truly stop loving them. She's more like a sister to me now. Either way, she certainly never got the ticket to that show. 

Even when we did do other things, it never went past kissing. I never got the urge to do more than that. Let alone whisper sweet nothings into her ear.

Besides, don't lie Draco. You would've saved her too.

I pause at that and just when I thought I couldn't be any more elated Harry had to go and say that. But now that I think about it, If I had been the one that had to save her, would I? If it was the exact same Ginny I know and only I could save her, would I have the courage to do it?

I sigh to myself and mentally curse Harry Potter and his stupid words making me think. But, of course, he's right. If I was the one in the chamber of secrets and a raging obese snake was trying to kill me, I'd stay. I'd try to save the dumb Weaslette even if I died trying. 

I'd die of guilt anyways if I didn't at least try. 

I wave the thought away and get back to the letter.

Draco, I'd give you anything in the world- or even pluto- if it meant you were happy. 

I pause once again and set the letter down on the flat wooden stump. I nearly spill my inkpot on my way up and out of the pond. The water was suddenly too hot for my warm face. I calm my racing heart and pick the letter back up again with a greedy smile.

Maybe if you were a good boy I wouldn't have to call you naughty.

Just as quickly as I picked the letter up, I set it back down. Butterflies were fluttering in my stomach and I was afraid if I didn't give myself a moment their wings might rip through me. It was such a corny stupid thing to say but I couldn't help it. I never thought Potter would be the type to say such things.

I did a quick lap around the pond to clear my thoughts and then, of course, picked up the letter again.

I always had a feeling that your father wasn't the best but that's just horrendous. It's unthinkable. I know I can't really say much considering I don't know what a father should be like but that's horrible. No father should ever do that to their own kid. I'm sorry that ever happened to you Draco.

I made quick work of responding to Harry. 

Harry,

I can't tell if that's just the auror in you talking or if maybe you're more like my mother than I thought. Either way, I think the two of you would get along.

Are you sure you have me beat, Potter? The walls of that empty classroom probably think otherwise. So, then if you haven't done more than kissing with Ginny does that mean you haven't done anything? If so, then Salazar, Potter. Where on earth did you learn to talk like that?

No more talking about Ginny. It makes me nauseous.

I don't want anything from you, Wanker. I just want you.

What about you and your family? If you got punished for enjoying something I could only imagine what else. I'd always thought that you were worshipped and praised at home. After all, you did defeat the greatest dark wizard of all time. If anyone deserves praise, it's you.

D.M.

~~~~~

Harry's P.O.V

It was nearing curfew when I finally received Draco's next letter. 

The paper Dragon impatiently tapped the window. This time it was loud enough to hear, probably because everyone in the dorm was busy getting ready for bed so no one was talking. 

As I stood up to let it in, Ron said, "Ooh, another letter? What's it say?"

I rolled my eyes at his taunting voice. I let the dragon in with a smile on my face and it dropped into my hands. I quite missed Antony even if I still had a couple marks left on my hand.

"Like I'd tell you that. It's personal," I responded. I headed back over to my bed and found a comfy spot. 

"Yeah Ronnie, It's personal," Seamus says while walking past Ron. He has a towel on his head from getting out of the shower. 

Ron makes a disgusted face at Seamus and says, "Ew don't call me that. I hate that name. What are you doing here anyways Seamus? You don't even go here."

Seamus plopped down into his bed with a sigh. "Parents kicked me out. Said I was of no use to them if I didn't get a job. So I talked with McGonagall and she said I could stay as long as I finish my schooling."

Neville finishes buttoning his pajama top and says, "Well that's rubbish, mate. If you'd like you can stay with me and my Gran over the summer."

Seamus cringes and says, "Er- no thanks, Nev. I'm fine thanks for the offer though."

After that everyone gets into their respective beds and I get back to my letter.

I read it through and as if I haven't heard from him in weeks the excitement bubbles through me. The word, 'Wanker', in Draco's handwriting makes me laugh. The letters are so clean and perfect it doesn't suit the insult.

When I finish reading it I get out my own parchment and begin writing.

Draco,

It's definitely the auror in me. If not that then it's the nine months I spent on the run from Death Eaters. Tell me, Draco. That day that we got caught and brought to the Malfoy Manor, what was going through your head when you said you didn't know if it was me?

Why not just turn me in?

I didn't have to learn anything. When I look at you and you make me feel the way you do, it just flows. I'd never say things like that to anyone else. I don't think I'd be able to.

Since you asked so kindly- for once- no I haven't done anything. With anyone. Not Ginny. Not Cho. Not even Cedric Either.

I don't like to get into too much detail about my childhood but just know it wasn't good. I lived in a cupboard under the stairs until second year. But even then I only got that room because the Dursley's were scared of me. I was severely malnourished because my uncle would starve me as punishment. He never hit me but he didn't have to. The neglect was bad enough. 

My aunt usually stayed out of my business, surprisingly. She was too busy being in everyone else's business and doting on her spoiled perfect son. The most she ever did was give me looks as if my very existence was a disgusting blemish on her clean floors. My cousin, Dudley, did all of the beating. 

You're sending these letters quite fast. 

-Harry Potter

That night I dreamt something strange. Except, it wasn't a dream.

It was a memory.

~~~~~

The next morning I was hurriedly heading to breakfast when McGonagall stopped me in the hallway.

"Mr. Potter. I was hoping to speak to you about the arrangements with Mr. Malfoy."

"Oh- uh . . . right now? I haven't gotten breakfast yet."

McGonagall snaps her fingers and a little elf appears. The small elf is wearing just a large black jumper with mesmerizing swirls and colorful mushrooms all over it. I've never seen a house elf wearing something so strange.

The peculiar elf begins coughing and for a moment I think she might just cough a lung out. But eventually she stops and looks up at McGonagall through glazed over relaxed eyes. 

"What can Keefy do for you Mistress?"

"I'd like you to prepare breakfast for Mr. Potter and bring it to my office, please."

Keefy looks at me for a few moments until her senses seem to hit her and she stumbles into a bow.

"Mr. Potter! Of course, anything for Master Potter." Before I can tell her that there's no need for bowing she's already gone.

McGonagall and I head to her office. Once we've sat she says, "Alright, Mr. Potter. Any Ideas?"

"Yes, actually. A few. I was thinking  . . .  like a treasure hunt."

McGonagall blinks, unimpressed. "This is a date, correct, Mr. Potter?"

"Y-yes- of course it is. Yeah it's a . . . date." I breathe out a nervous sigh and run my fingers through my hair. "I was thinking I could get a few people to help me with it. I wanted to leave little hints around the castle so that he could find me and we could have a little picnic."

McGonagall hums before quickly picking up her quill and writing while mumbling to herself, "Ah yes . . . a picnic . . . very nice." She looks down at her parchment through her glasses and then she glances back up at me. 

"Then what?"

I chuckle nervously and scratch the back of my neck. 

Just in time, Keefy appears in McGonagalls office with a tray of food. Everything she's carrying looks twice as appetizing as the normal breakfast and as I plop a piece of warm icing covered cinnamon roll into my mouth I realize it tastes better too.

Hogwarts food has always been good but somehow, Keefy made it taste mouthwatering.

Just as the house elf is about to snap her fingers I stop her. "Wait, Keefy!"

She stops in her tracks and looks at me with a look in her eyes that says she's eager to please. "Yes, Master Potter?"

"Harry is just fine, Keefy. Would you be able to make some more of this and bring it to the Room of Requirement for me?"

Keefy nods happily and apparates away.

"The Room of Requirement? So I take it Draco's finally told you then?" McGongall says as she sips her tea. 

I turn in my seat to look at her. "No he hasn't told me. He told you too?"

McGonagall appears to pull away slightly and she clears her throat, "Too? Who else knows? Mr. Malfoy was quite stubborn about who knew when I found out. Then it was only Poppy and I who knew."

Talking about Draco's secret is the last thing I want to do. It only makes me more curious. Now that he's willing to let me know it's even harder to not try to find out for myself. 

"Well since I don't know what it is yet nobody really talks to me about it. But, I'm pretty sure Ron and Hermione know. Dennis probably knows too considering he's Draco's best friend."

"Oh," McGonagall says. She immediately looks back down to the parchment she'd been writing on and mumbles, " . . .curious."

She finishes whatever she was writing and says, "I'm so glad Mr. Malfoy is finally trusting people. He's much happier now and it's good that he has friends he can talk to. To think just the beginning of this year we were writing that silly list. And now look, "

She pauses to look at me. Her eyes are shining as she says, "he finally found you. It's thanks to you that he's doing so well, Mr. Potter."

I awkwardly smile at her and nod. I haven't a single clue what she's talking about but it's making her look younger than I've ever seen her. 

"Alright, tell me more about this hunt. What clues will there be?"

~~~~~

I was making my way to my first class when I spotted Dennis. He was holding a paper in his hands and he was looking at it as if he was cursing the very person who wrote it. 

"Hey, Dennis!" I yelled at him.

He jumps as if I startled him before turning to look at me the same as everyone else does. Like I'm his hero. "Potter," He says with surprise but then a shadow takes over his face and he becomes visibly nervous, "Hey, Potter."

His voice trembles and I raise an eyebrow at him. He takes a few steps back and holds his hand out in front of him, defensively. "About that prank . . . " He pauses and glances behind him like he's looking for an escape. "It was all Draco's idea."

I take a step forward and ruffle his hair with the palm of my hand and he flinches. "Don't worry about it Dennis. We're even now."

He laughs nervously before nodding at me, "Yeah we're . . . even."

Suddenly he perks up and says, "Oh yeah! I almost forgot. Draco sent this to me, " he hands me the letter he'd been holding. "You weren't at breakfast so he asked me to give it to you in person."

I place the letter with the perfect Malfoy seal on it in my pocket, "Thank you Dennis. Speaking of Draco, you're friends with him right?"

At the mention of his friendship with Draco, Dennis immediately becomes the overly-excited cheery boy he usually is. 

"Yeah we're friends. I'd even say best friends- I-I mean we're good friends. Not too close though. I mean he's more like an older brother to me- if anything. We hang out sometimes. Usually most of the time but don't worry! Not too much just a little. We'd probably be hanging out right now but we're not! But that's fine he's just busy. I mean y'know how it is with his heat. He's probably too horny to talk to me-"

"What?" 

Dennis clamped his hand over his mouth before saying, "Nothing. Nothing."

My eyes narrowed on him in confusion. "Alright . . . well I was wondering if you could do me a favor?"

~~~~~

When I was finally settled in my seat and the Professor was too busy teaching to pay me any mind, I pulled Draco's letter out.

Harry,

I didn't turn you in because it would've went against what I wanted. When I looked at your face I immediately realized it was you and I felt like all hope was lost. If Harry Potter had been caught then the Dark Lord would win. I remember I had wanted to cry and scream and throw a tantrum on the floor. 

But I was scared, too. So bloody scared, I'm honestly not sure how I was able to lie. But then I just thought to myself, "If I don't do this then Potter will surely die." We may have been enemies but even then the thought of you dying wasn't something I could handle. So even though I knew that if they knew I was lying then they'd kill me, I lied. Because I wanted you to live. 

Believe it or not Scarface, I never wanted Voldemort to win. I just didn't want him to hurt the people I loved.

Oh, Potter, so you're saying you're completely innocent? I'm flattered that I could bring out this side of you. But I can hardly believe that those words could come from a virgin.

Forget Cho and Ginny. Cedric? As in Cedric bloody Diggory? Literally the most charming, handsomest man to ever walk these school grounds? You and Cedric Diggory? That's . . . unbelievable. Tell me more.

Are you serious?

- Draco's writing appeared sharper than usual and some letter were darker than others- as if he had been pushing too hard on his quill.

They really did that to you? Who the bloody hell do they think they are?  And they're muggles too, aren't they. The worst kind. I swear if I ever see them I'll do something so unforgivable they send me away to Azkaban with a sentence longer than if I had used an unforgivable curse on them. 

How could you have possibly ever deserved something like that? 

And after every summer you'd have to come back to Hogwarts and deal with me. I'm so sorry, Harry. I'd take it all back if I could.

I guess you've caught me, Potter. I suppose there's no need to hide it now. Yes, I'm still inside the castle. I doubt you can find me anyways.

D.M.

I didn't waste a single second as I pulled out some Parchment and got to writing.

Draco,

That's not true at all. I am the chosen one Draco, don't forget it. I've been caught many times and yet I still came out on top, didn't I? 

Anyways, it sounds to me like you liked me even back then. 

What, Malfoy? Never thought a desirable bachelor like me would be able to keep it in his trousers?

Don't get your panties in a twist, Draco. Cedric and I never dated. Honestly I doubt he even noticed I fancied him. Sometimes though, I swear he looked at me strangely. But maybe it was just my teenage hormones making me fangirl. But, then again, he did help me out in the second round of the Triwizard Tournament. I would have failed that round if it wasn't for him.

Or maybe not considering Barty Crouch Junior was secretly helping me. 

No, I'm Harry.

Well I'm not sorry. Maybe you were a git to me but it was fun, wasn't it? I've always enjoyed bickering with you.

What if I told you I already know where you're hiding?

-Harry Potter

I waited until class was over and then I rushed to the owlery. 

Not even a full twenty minutes had passed when Draco's next letter showed up. I was already in my next class and, thankfully, it was outside. It was a relief not having to spell the window open to let the Dragon in. 

I opened the letter with a little too much enthusiasm and nearly tore the edge. 

It read:

Harry,

I always knew you were secretly basking in all of that praise, Potter.

At this point in time I can't argue with you about what I felt for you back then. I'm starting to think the only reason I was such a git was so you'd pay attention to me.

Considering the amount of times you've nearly been in my trousers, no I didn't think you could stay inside your own.

 Barty Crouch Junior? Salazar, so the rumors really were true, then? I remember thinking that there was no way because everyone thought he was dead. I know you must feel that these were the things that traumatized you but I can't help but to feel jealous.

Hearing about all of these crazy adventures you all had makes me feel left out. I wish I had just said, 'fuck it' to pureblood supremacism and then maybe I could've been there for all of this. It almost seems as if you were living out a real life book.  You did all of these things and I had no idea. I wish I could've been a part of it.

Of course you're Harry? Is there a chance you'll let me in on this little inside joke in the near future?

I already knew you loved my taunting, Scarhead.  Why else would you enjoy my company? It's the little masochist in you, obviously.

 Oh no. I've been discovered. Hopefully you don't come and get me and kiss the life out of me. That would just be horrible. Absolutely devastating. 

P.S.: Thank you for breakfast. I don't think I've ever tasted food as good as that. Not even at my mothers Soirees.

D.M.

~~~~~

3,297 words

IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE READ: I'm having trouble deciding how I want this story to end and the ending is coming soon. So I was thinking I could do a vote and the readers can decide for me. Just comment on the ending you want and the votes will be counted up by the end of chapter 35.

Cliche ending: The ending plays out just as it would've with no bombs dropped and everyone is happy. Things work out just fine with the bond and it stabilizes after they mate. My laziness is kind of leaning towards this one.

Crazy ending: I pretend like there was some sort of semblance of a plot and I add in a bad guy that's lowkey been in the story from the beginning and they do something absolutely horrible to Draco and Harry. But it's still a happy ending and they still stay together.  This ending would be pretty damn good.

Gruesome ending: Murder, blood, and gore. Murder-suicide with a slice of high-key weird fetishes. No one survives. I only want to do this one for the shock and devastation it would invoke in my readers. Plus it would make this story very memorable. 

Thank you all my lovely ladies! I will suck on your titties for you for a comment and a vote.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

39.7K 1.4K 19
"I would love to say that I hate you, but I must not tell lies." *** After the Hogwarts Battle, Draco is hunted by nightmares, and Harry fails to u...
30.8K 638 16
Harry finds himself with no friends on his way to his 8th year at Hogwarts. he is so lost he lays all his trust on a certain Slytherin he's had a cru...
4.4K 233 9
Harry is back for an eighth year at Hogwarts, hoping for a bit of normalcy. Perhaps it was too much to hope that the gossip around him would die dow...
158K 6.1K 25
Everyone came back for their 8 year , except one person - Harry Potter . After the war he desapeard , no one could find him . Draco didn't mind not h...