Prey for the Devil's Bloodied...

By greenmarisa

*I recommend reading all the books in the series first and Side Characters Unite from the Shorts book before... More

Main Characters
Side Characters for Yeira/ Zena
1
Side Characters for Addy/ Kiki
2
3
Side Characters for Ken/ Nyx
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
The Romanovs
23
The Wolves
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
Vampire Leaders
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77

56

161 12 5
By greenmarisa

^^Addy

Addy's POV

Kiki's hand was around my waist as she read the text. I leaned my head on her shoulder and wrapped my arms around her abdomen. Kiki would occasionally place soft kisses to my head.

"Have you seen, Ken?" Nyx barged through the door.

"No." Kiki didn't take her eyes off the page.

"She was supposed to come back after her appointment and she never showed."

"Ever think it's because she doesn't want to be around you?" Kiki yawned.

"Kikimora, stop."

"Nah, it's cool. You're an ass to her and both of yours unborn child." Kiki snarked.

"The fetus isn't-"

"It's yours. You impregnated her." Kiki flipped the page.

"I didn't impregnate anyone!"

"Tell that to the semen dripping from your tail."

"I don't have semen-"

"Then, how did the egg and sperm meet-"

"Guys." I stopped Kiki. "She may need space right now. "How long has it been?"

"A day." Nyx snarked. "She was supposed to call Hailey to pick her up, but she never did. Hailey went to the clinic, but didn't find her. She couldn't pick up her aura." Nyx sighed. "I don't know here she is. I don't feel her aura."

"Maybe she and the kid are dead. You did want one to die, right?" Kiki arched a brow, resulting in Nyx pinning her to a wall. "What?"

"You need to watch your flipping mouth." Nyx sneered.

"Not my fault your girl broke up with you-" Nyx punched next to Kiki's head. "Did I touch a sore spot?"

"Just keep an eye out for her." Nyx pulled back and released Kiki.

Kiki smirked as Nyx rushed out the room. I gave Kiki a disapproving look, so she laughed and wrapped her arms around me. I squeaked when she picked me up and squeezed my ass. Kiki laughed while I floundered around. Erana walked in on us with Ash.

"Wanna go on a double date?" She hugged Ash.

I nodded as Kiki lowered me. I took her hand and dragged her after the other couple. We were walking for a bit when Haze walked up to us. Kiki loudly groaned and told Haze no, but the angel didn't care.

"We have a problem." Haze removed Kiki's hand from mine.

"Yes, you're interrupting us." Kiki glared.

"Hailey took me and Nyx to the clinic-"

"Abortion clinic? Nyx should be thrilled!" Kiki faked enthusiasm.

"Hospital where she had her checkup." Haze spoke with venom. "We found Ken's phone."

"She was taken?" Ash wrapped an arm around Erana.

"Hailey distracted the workers, so Nyx and I were able to search the place. We found the room that had Ken's aura. Her aura was hectic and terrified. Also, we searched the tapes and found two people carrying an unconscious Ken."

"This sounds like a Nyx problem." Kiki went to leave, but Haze held a photo up.

"This may peak your interest." Haze zoomed in the photo for us to see the amulet. "Recognize this?"

"That's Woda's emblem." Erana breathed out.

"You peaked my interest." Kiki stepped towards Haze. "But now, you have my attention." She took the phone and scrutinized the picture. "How long ago was this?"

"Over a day at the moment. Nyx had expressed worry when she didn't return from her appointment. We all chalked it up to her needing space and avoiding the campus. But, we got concerned when she didn't come back. So the three of us went to the scene of the crime and found that."

"Nyx came to us earlier." Kiki handed back the phone. "Have you traced her aura?"

"We can't find her."

"She's dead?" I panicked.

"We hope not, but we don't know her status." Haze spoke. "She has a child, so any stress could potentially harm the baby."

"What do followers of Woda want with her?" Ash rubbed Erana's arm.

"Ritual." Kiki and Erana spoke. "It has to be." Erana faced Kiki.

"But, what kind of ritual?" Kiki groaned.

"Her baby?" Everyone stared at me. "I don't know. It just seems weird they'd go after her if not for her being pregnant."

"Is it common knowledge in the light realm?" Kiki asked Haze.

"Nyx made it common knowledge when she traveled there to scream at Yugi and Lily. Ajax felt Lily's panicked aura and then heard the argument. Nyx then went to Adira and screamed at her, enlightening the entire palace. And rumors run rampant in the light realm. So ya, I think it's common knowledge at this point." Haze awkwardly chuckled.

"What's with that nervous chuckle? What happened to you?" Erana inquired.

"Onyx was mad. Amara was cut deep that I didn't trust my twin and tell her. Both onyx and her were offended I kept them in the dark. They aren't happy with me." Haze grumbled.

"Hazikeen." Kiki addressed her. "Does Adira know about her daughter's disappearance?"

"Not yet." Haze gulped. "I'm slightly scared to tell her."

"Where's Hailey and Nyx?"

"Running around searching for auras." Haze answered.

Erana's brows were furrowed as she was deep in thought. She faced Ash and began asking him about spiritual anomalies. Ash scratched his head and began throwing out random things. He then said something about nature before moving onto the lunar cycle. And that's when Erana slapped his chest.

"Kiki!" She punched her arm.

"What?" Kiki rubbed her sore arm.

"Blood moon."

"That's tonight?" Kiki's eyes popped.

"What's a blood moon." I shook Kiki's arm.

"Blood moons are used for powerful spells. Witches draw on the moon's powers, which is amplified during a full moon. And even further amplified by rare lunar occurrences. She's being sacrificed." Kiki hissed her teeth. "We need to find her soon because the next eclipse is tomorrow."

"Find Nyx." Erana faced Haze.

"What should I tell her?" Haze walked backwards.

"I need to use different methods because tracking her scent or aura isn't gonna work. Let's go, Erana." Kiki held my hand and led me away.

Erana and Ash followed us to a graveyard. I was a little unnerved, so Kiki kissed my cheek and told me that she was right here. I instantly felt safe and followed her to a crypt. Kiki grunted and opened the door. We entered and Erana closed the door to seal us in.

"This is creepy." Ash muttered. "I love it." He gleamed.

"Umm...I'm on the opposite side of that statement." I nervously smiled.

"If you're that scared..." He scoffed. "I'll be a gentleman and hold your hand." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh, it's okay."

"Fine, if you are begging like that." He huffed and clutched my hand.

Erana held her hand out and used magic to draw a circle as Kiki entered it. Erana pointed at the four corners and conjured fire. Kiki sat down crisscross and closed her eyes. Erana hurried next to her friend and sat opposite her. The two crossed their arms while holding the others hands. They began meditating and synchronized their chanting. We watched the two levitate in the air as wind began to whip around us.

Ash squeaked and yeeted in the air as a zombie crawled out the ground. He looked horrified as more zombies appeared. Ash tightly held me in fear as the zombies moved past him. The zombies trudged to Kiki and Erana. Kiki's eyes opened to reveal her glowing snake eyes. Her head creepily turned to face the zombies.

Kiki then shouted at them. The zombies made unusual noises before trudging out the crypt. Ash shook me to translate. I don't know why since he's an angel and- oh, he's just scared shitless.

"She essentially told them to check every area Devil worshippers and followers of the dark arts visit. They tend to visit graveyards, abandoned houses, places where mass murders happened and more."

"That's sick." He stuck his tongue out.

"You don't know the half of it." I kissed his cheek.

Kiki and Erana stopped their chanting and returned to normal. Kiki held her arm out and hauntingly whispered. It didn't take long to hear the familiar caw. Rowan flapped inside the crypt, circled my head, and landed on Kiki's arm. Kiki waited for Rowan to stare at her before commanding him to find Kennedy. He then flapped away.

Kiki reached her hand into the darkness. I watched her eye flash their snake look before she roared. The darkness changed to depict hell. Ash's eyes widened and he scooted farther away as the solemn place came into view. Kiki roared again and the scene shifted to the fiery landscape. She then growled as demons growled back. Kiki snarled and they screamed.

"She's commanding them to enter the human realm from the shadows and find Kennedy. After they find her, they're to immediately return."

"And they'll listen?" His voice cracked. "I mean they'll listen?" He deepened his voice.

"She'd personally visit them and drag them back to Hell." Erana answered.

"We have multiple people searching." Kiki allowed the darkness to come back. "That's not enough. We need to rendezvous with Nyx." She held my hand as we walked back to the campus.

"Where do you think she is?"

"Still in Croatia. I don't think they left the country." Kiki glanced my way. "We'll find her. We'll save her."

We walked by the security and entered the campus. Kiki zoned in on Nyx's aura. We found her looking somber at the mansion. Nyx sat on the couch with her head buried in her hands. Erana and Ash slowed upon the sight. Erana told Kiki that she'd be doing a fly around. Kiki nodded and watched the couple leave.

"Nyx-"

"I'm shaking." Nyx lifted her head for us to see her bloodshot eyes. "I'm terrified of what they're doing to her and my baby."

"She'll be fine-"

"What about my unborn child?" She hissed at Kiki. "I can't focus. I can't eat. I can't sleep. I'm thinking the worse right now." She gulped.

"I've never seen you cry." Kiki slowly sat next to her.

"I've never felt like my entire world could crumble at a split notice."

"I have my people searching. We will find her." Kiki assured. "Woda will face our wrath."

"We need to find her and quickly." Tears lined Nyx's eyes. "Our last interaction was me yelling at her. She asked for me to join her in the appointment, but I was stubborn and refused. She was taken and I could've prevented it!"

"They were watching her for a prolonged time." Kiki shook her head. "I just don't know when they found out she's pregnant. How'd they find out? I didn't even know for the longest time. She had that charm that hid the baby's aura and heartbeat."

"My insecurities have gotten me into this shit situation." Nyx threw the remote at the wall before squeezing her eyes shut and silently crying.

"She knows about your background." Kiki breathed out. "You were hunted-"

"Jax got over the fear."

"Not completely if he's still terrified to have a kid with Lily." Nyx glared at Kiki. "It's the truth and you know it."

"Baby steps."

"Well, you're about to tie him with the kid. If you marry her, then you'll beat him." Kiki smirked. "But, let's be real... the marriage isn't about your childhood fears. She's just clueless to realize it has to do with Hailey breaking your trust and making it hard for you to completely trust someone again." Kiki stood.

"You've spoken to her about that?" Nyx looked up.

"No, I'll leave that to you. I'm surprised Hailey hasn't enlightened her. That angel does know the truth since she can feel your emotions. Perhaps it's good that she keeps it quiet." 

"I'm sorry, Addison." That caught my attention. "Kennedy had been shutting me out and a lot of anger stemmed from that. The issues Kennedy had with me were because of past experiences. And I was so mad and Ken was icing me out that I took my anger out on you." Nyx sighed. "You didn't harm us the way others were hurt, but I made it sound like you were a monster to the light realm. You weren't, but I took my anger out on you because of what Ken and I were going through. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I forgive you and apologize again." Nyx gave me a soft smile. 

"We're gonna continue our search. Let's go, gorgeous." She cocked her head to the side.

We went to a study where Gad and Erana were. Kiki had me lie on the couch to rest while she continued the search. I tried to refuse, but she urged me to rest. Kiki gently smiled and guided me to the couch. She had me lie down while squatting in front of me. Kiki held my hand while I slept and she kept researching.

I woke to her still holding my hand. Nyx entered with Haze and angel Hailey. They were discussing possible theories, leading to Kiki and I heading over. Kiki and I were intently listening when we simultaneously felt an intense pain to the chest. I screamed and doubled over while Kiki grunted and doubled over.

Erana and Gad raced to me. Erana held my shoulders while Gad had a firm hold on my waist. I held my chest and took rapid short breaths. I gritted my teeth and held back the tears. The pain was immense. Erana cupped my face to focus on her. After I calmed down a little, I looked to Kiki. Her eyes were on me as we spoke.

"Rowan was injured."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 76 36
Once upon a time there was this big and beautiful kingdom where numerous supernatural creatures lived. Humans, werewolves, vampires, witches and wiza...
218K 11.2K 102
They used to love her. They used to worship her. They used to follow her. But when the desperate queen of angels feels something she's never felt be...
1K 328 12
Monsters Are Created By Other Monsters. Sou & Isabelle, A set of eccentric and unhinged twins with erratic elemental powers has to set aside their di...
26 0 12
Alpha Alex Monte is cursed, He hasn't come across his fated mate and at the age of 30 the Elder are pushing to a chosen mate, so he can keep his pack...