I Was Hoping For A Quiet Life...

By upsettieatspaghetti

Isaac and Liam's father has been abusing them, physically and mentally, since their mothers death 10 years ag... More

New Beginnings
This is Going to be Good
Um... Nice to Meet You
Boy Talk
He's Not Gonna Believe This
New Friends... If That's What This Is?
This Complicates Things
Eyes Like The Water
Yeaahhh... Maybe That Wasn't A Great Idea
Maybe He Wont Notice...
Shit
What Changed?
Whatever it Takes
I Have An Idea
Nights With You Are Quiet
Get The Fuck Out
I Could Get Used To This
Far More Important Things
Just Breathe
I Can't Save Him On My Own
Let's Get The Hell Out
Like The Water
Warm
You Don't Have To
You Might Want to Change Your Shirt
Thank You
That Sound
That Was Fun
I'll Try My Best
Universe
He Likes It
Realizations
Emotions Are Stupid
Sleep, Food, and The Truth
Talk, Kiss, or Closet-Make Out?
Fantastic Start
Pillowtalk
Eye of the Hurricane
Heartache and Hurricanes
Pluviophile
No More Sleepovers
What is it Ruins Us?
Her Smile
Muffins
Winter Crocuses
Merry Fucking Christmas
December 26th, 2022
Happy Birthday
He Doesn't Know What's Coming
Hole In the Wall
You're Fucked

Those Three Words

209 8 0
By upsettieatspaghetti

School wasn't canceled for Tuesday, which meant they actually had to go, and also meant that they all had to go home so they could get their things, and see their families, if they had them.

Stiles and Derek left just after lunch. They were bickering about how Stiles was supposed to tell his dad that he was officially in a relationship with a man that appeared to be in his thirties, even though he was only 22, who his father had arrested on multiple occasions, some of which were valid arrests. The same man that was also a werewolf. While his father did know of their existence, and that Scott, Derek, and Malia fell under that category, it still wasn't something he really truly fathamed. The last they heard, Stiles had decided just to wing it. They were all praying that Derek wouldn't get shot.

Scott and Theo stayed a bit longer, and while there was a sprinkling of tenseness in the air initially, things settled when they decided to put on a movie. They were completely split down the middle. Scott and Liam wanted to watch some Marvel movie Theo had never heard of, but when Isaac suggested they watch a Disney movie instead, Theo jumped to his side.

"We watch those all the time!" Scott said.

"Yeah, 'cause they're good!" Isaac protested, "How is Theo even supposed to understand the plot if he hasn't watched the other thirty movies?"

"There are thirty?" Theo questioned.

"Basically," Isaac said.

"There are not thirty! And if that's the issue then we can start with the first one then," Liam suggested.

"But I wanted to watch Civil War!" Scott protested.

"You can't start with Civil War!" Liam explained.

"Look you guys can't even agree on what to watch so that means we win," Theo said, grabbing the remote from the coffee table.

"What? That's not how this works!"

"Yes it is," Isaac said, backing Theo up, "Which one do you wanna watch?"

"No idea," Theo said, "Just give me a name, if it's a Disney movie I'll probably like it."

"I knew I liked you," Isaac said, patting Theo on the shoulder.

"What? No you did not!" Scott said, "And this is still unfair, it's 2v2 you don't automatically win."

"Too bad, we're watching Luca." Isaac said, "And it's not 2v2 it's 2v1v1."

"You didn't like me?" Theo questioned, looking at Isaac.

"Not at first, I do now. But I thought you were just trying to get into my baby brother's pants for a while so I was cautious." Liam blushed at Isaac's choice of words.

"Wow, glad that's the impression I gave off," Theo said sarcastically.

"Oh it isn't, Isaac just overthinks everything," Scott clarified, "You never gave off that vibe to me."

"Or me, for the record," Liam said.

"Well of course not, you wouldn't pick up on it, you were the one he was trying to get with," Isaac protested.

"Alright, nope we aren't having this conversation, lets just watch the movie," Liam sat down next to Theo on the chair, half on top of him. Isaac made a face but didn't say anything. Scott and Isaac just sat next to each other on the couch, Scott leaning against him.

Scott and Theo left when the movie was over, and Liam tried, as subtly as possible, to give Theo the t-shirt he had slept in. He was already wearing the sweatshirt that Theo had given him that morning and other than the fact that it was slightly too big, there was no clear indication that it didn't belong to him. Liam carefully tried to slip the t-shirt into Theo's school bag, which had spent the last three days sitting by their front door.

Theo and Liam were both incredibly grateful when Scott made a point of dragging Isaac outside to say goodbye, and probably kiss him. While it was clear to the others that they were at least a 'thing,' Liam still wasn't 100% comfortably kissing Theo directly in front of his brother.

"I know we're gonna see each other tomorrow, but it just feels weird 'cause we've literally spent the last three and a half days together," Liam said, holding Theo's hands in his own, looking down at them and running his thumb over the back of them.

Theo smiled, "I know," he said quietly, and he ran a hand through Liam's hair, "but you could also think about the fact that at school your brother won't be able to stop me from doing this," he leaned down and kissed Liam softly and quickly. Liam whined a little when he pulled away.

"I don't think he'd stop us if you tried to kiss me," Liam countered.

"Yeah," Theo shrugged, "but you aren't comfortable kissing in front of him, which is okay by the way. I don't wanna make either of you uncomfortable."

"You're sweet," Liam stated, "It'll be fine soon. I've just never dated anyone so it's still kind of weird. Plus, it's not that he doesn't like you, but he's very protective around me."

"That makes two of us," Theo smiled and kissed him again. It was a slightly longer kiss. One of Liam's hands slipped from his hair to the back of his neck. Theo's hand came to cup his cheek. Theo didn't want to pull away, but he could hear Isaac and Scott's conversation coming to a close. He pulled back slowly, looking at Liam's eyes. He left a quick kiss on his forehead. "I love you," he said quietly.

"I love you, too. See you tomorrow," Liam smiled, but felt cold when Theo moved away towards the door.

He made his way down the steps and to Scott's car which was parked at the end of the lawn. Isaac and Scott were standing at the driver's side door. He purposefully kept himself from listening in to the conversation, while still acknowledging that they were in fact talking. There was a strange expression on Scott's face when his eyes landed on Theo leaving the house. Isaac and him kissed quickly before Isaac made his way back into the house, giving Theo a small wave and a 'see you later,' as he passed.

Theo and Scott both slid into the car and Theo barely had a chance to speak before Scott, seemingly panicked, started rambling.

"Listen, okay I'm sorry for this, I shouldn't have been listening to your conversation, and I didn't, really! I only heard part of it... the last part, to be specific, and like, just... fuck how do you even do that?" Scott's voice was fast and Theo almost struggled to keep up with it all.

He stared at Scott with confusion, "I'm sorry... what?"

"You-you and Liam, how can you... how can you tell him you love him so easily?"

Theo blushed and then something in his mind seemed to click, "Oooh, I see. Okay. You don't know how to tell Isaac that you love him."

"I-I just, fuck why is this so difficult," he held his face in his hands, "How did you do it? How so fast too?"

Theo smiled looking away from Scott, and Scott thought that the look on his face was probably the most lovesick expression he had ever seen. It warmed his quickly beating heart.

"It wasn't fast. Not really anyway. We've known each other for months, even if what we knew of each other wasn't... entirely accurate. I knew that I cared about him. The idea of him getting hurt was one of the most heartbreaking things I could have imagined. I knew how I felt when he was captured, how I blamed myself. I told myself that I would do anything I could to make sure he was okay. I loved him then."

"Was that when you realized? After you saved him?" Scott asked.

Theo shook his head, he smiled fondly at the memories, "I loved him before that, and I loved him then too, but that isn't when I realized it. I had had the feeling for so long, but I couldn't place what it was. Not until the storm. The way he reacted when I panicked, how he was there for me. I didn't tell you much of what happened when I was captured, the... the things I had to do, but when I told him he didn't care. He told me he understood, made me feel like a person when I felt like I was slipping. That was when I put a name to the feeling."

Scott smiled as his hands collapsed together, "I love Isaac. I know I do. I love that I can laugh with him, that when we work together we don't have to speak, we can just be there, with each other and be happy. I love that I can cry with him, and that he trusts me to talk about so many things he's never told anyone..." his voice stalled out and Theo tilted his head at him.

"So what's got you so panicked? You seem to know how you feel."

Scott sighed, "I love him. But what if he doesn't feel the same way?" Theo looked at him like he was missing something staring him in the eyes, "What?"

"Then he doesn't feel the same way," Theo said simply, and Scott looked at him with dumbfounded confusion, "Not yet at least." Theo shifted to face Scott directly, "Listen, you just told me that you love that Isaac trusts you to talk about difficult things. Liam trusts me too, and I think we all know that a lot of that is surrounding what happened with their father," Scott just nodded, "After that kind of trauma, trust is difficult, letting yourself feel that is difficult. I know it was for me, that's why I didn't say anything, why I wasn't honest about who I was at first. It's also why the fact that Liam told me he loved me first will forever mean the world to me. I also know that he said it without any intention of expecting me to say it back. People feel different things, feelings develop at different speeds. If you want Isaac to know that you love him, tell him because you want him to know, don't tell him because you're expecting him to say he loves you back."

The car was silent for a long few moments. Theo started to fear that he had said too much, until Scott spoke.

"Fuck," he paused again, "Sorry, just... that makes a lot of sense. I-I never realized you were so philosophical."

Theo huffed, "Ten years dude, I had a lot of time to think."

Scott back tracked and smiled at Theo, "So Liam told you he loved you first?"

Theo blushed a little, "I-yeah he did. It was sort of in a-uh fit of sad anger."

"Oh really, I'm assuming everything is good now?"

"Yeah. Better than good," They both smiled, "So are you gonna tell him?"

Scott sat considering for a minute. He started the car and moved to pull into the streat.

"Yeah," he said, "I'm gonna tell him."

"So you two are boyfriends, right?" Isaac asked, clarifying.

"Yes," Liam said slowly, "I told you this this morning, and about ten times in the last five minutes since you've been asking."

"I'm sorry I just don't know how to go about this," Isaac said, collapsing into the lounge chair in the living room.

"Go about what?" Liam asked.

Isaac sighed, "Scott thinks if I talk about this I'll freak out less."

"Ah, okay," Liam nodded, "But what is their to say? I've liked him for a while, but you knew that. We had a sort of... argument... I told him that I loved him by accident and he told me he loved me too and then we made out and he asked me if I wanted to be his boyfriend."

Isaac tried to ignore the 'love' part for now, but he told himself he'd get back to it later, "Okay, okay so you trust him?"

"WIth my life."

"And you've kissed... a lot?"

"Yup."

"And you'd wanna do that again?"

Liam raised an eyebrow, "Yeah..."

"And maybe more than that?"

"Christ okay,"

"Sorry this is weird!"

"Then why do you wanna talk about it!" Liam said, face red with embarrassment.

"I don't, I just want us to be on the same page! There's nothing wrong with that I just, I think it would be good if like well. I mean it's not like either of us ever had 'the talk'..."

"Nope, nope, noooo! I get it. You are trying to help me, but please can we not do this. I know how to be safe I promise."

Isaac clapped his hands, "Okay good, yeah this was a bad idea."

Liam nodded, " Yeah, it was. Listen, I love Theo. I promise he's a good guy. I promise I'm not an idiot"

Isaac sighed, "I know you aren't. I'm sorry I've been weird about you two."

"You're fine. I get it. The last few months haven't been exactly... easy to understand"

Isaac said pointedly, "We're dating werewolves..."

They both broke out into fits of laughter.

"God," Liam said, "It's like we're living in a movie."

Isaac laughed, "Yeah. Scott's an alpha though, that's cooler."

Liam raised an eyebrow, "Really? Theo can turn into an actual wolf. All your boyfriend does is grow hair on his face."

Isaac looked offended, "What are you gonna do? Play fetch with him?"

Liam suddenly looked excited, "Oh my god! we totally should, that would be hilarious, we could buy him dog toys! Christmas is coming up!"

Isaac burst out laughing, "That would actually be hilarious."

"He's gonna hate me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 56.5K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
894K 20.4K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
536K 8.3K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
7K 427 19
π‘Ž 𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑙𝑒 π‘‘β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘‘ π‘œπ‘“ π‘”π‘œπ‘™π‘‘ 𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑑 π‘šπ‘’ π‘‘π‘œ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ β‹†β‚Š ❀ ¸࿐ ❛ ─── 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ a descendant of a legendary quirk longs to separate...