Pete Townshend's Heart

By ziamslyfe

A 16 year old girl from Southern California moves to London in 1964. She knew Rock N Roll, problem is she was... More

New Life
Hello?
Change
I love you
I Like You To Much
I Can't Explain
The Who
Love, Reign O'er Me
Roger
Night lights
Our Secret
Desperate Feelings
True?
Unexpected
Sorry
Nightmares
Love?
Authors Note
My Mistakes
Final Choice
Lennon?
Missing You
Another New Life
Moving On
Knowing You
It's Been Awhile
Shocking News
Acceptance
Back
Future
Future Pt. 2
Love?
Trailer
Old Memories
NEW STORY!

Light in the Dark

489 26 3
By ziamslyfe

Rena's POV

A/N this chapter was written by my new best friend EmanAlMannaie

Chapter 9

It's been a month since my mom passed away and I can no longer deal with my father anymore. And until yesterday, work was my only escape from him. But now that's not enough. So for the first time in my life I had to sleep somewhere that's not in my room.

(The day before)

It was pitch black and I couldn't wait until I got to meet my pillow again. But as soon as I opened the front door, I heard the disgusting voice of the last person I want to look at before I sleep, accompanied with the shattering of glass.

"FUCK!" He grumbled in anger and rushed out of the kitchen to see me paralyzed in shock. "YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YOU SLUT!"

He started moving towards me. I knew I had to save my self from the harm he meant to inflict on me, but just when I tried to lift my feet I realized that the ghost of shock that was surrounding me had reached out for my leg and made its hands to the roots to the emotionless speeding that is me.

And that was when he slapped me.

At first I couldn't comprehend what was going on but then I felt it; I felt every piece of the loving dad that he once was evaporate to the red color that he gave my cheek.

My dad is gone... I am an orphan now..

"I DONT WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE BITCH!" I snapped of my thoughts and looked at him with a hint of anger in my face. "DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT. CLEAN THE MESS YOU MADE IN THE KITCHEN." He snapped at me and I restored my energy to walk away and actually go to the kitchen just to save my self from another possible argument(s).

The floor was a sea of shattered glass. It was impossible to clean the mess without injuring myself. But I would rather that then spend one minute more with him, so I started picking up the big pieces first to clear the way a little.

15 minutes have passed and I still wasn't done, and the intoxicating smell of beer and whiskey just made the task even harder, and I was too tired to finish it anyway. Right when I decided I gave up something not so- and still very- odd stood up.

There was few drops of dark red blood lying in silence, alone. I was very confused since I didn't feel my skin being cut, yet I double-checked it to make sure. But I was pretty much unharmed. It was when I came to a realization: if it wasn't my blood it had to be his.

I couldn't stop myself from getting concerned which only meant I still loved him- which I do- but I'm not so keen on the new him.

My eyes started tearing up and soon I've let my emotions escape from my heart with a stream of warm and slaty tears that flowed down my cheek.

The only thing that got me back to life was injuring my fingers.

I wiped away my tears while being careful not to get blood all over my face.

It was almost midnight when I was sure that there was no pieces of glass left in the floor. I finally could sleep! But I was too scared to do so.

I was too scared to sleep and then wake up with him hitting me again. I was scared that he would hurt himself again. Although what made me really scared to the extent that I couldn't sleep was that I was scared to loose another parent.

I spent the night thinking about every possible scenario that could follow what happened in that last encounter. Although it terrified me to think about any of them, spending that sleepless night being trapped alone in my room left me no other options.

...

It took an eternity until the sun came up and I didn't feel like going to work. I could just call in sick but I didn't have the energy to do so.

Stabbing the silence, my stomach started grumbling. Through the night I have developed a phobia from my dad but I was too hungry to care to much (and I so lied to myself thinking that I didn't care).

I gathered all I had of bravery and slowly walked to the kitchen to fix me something to eat.

On my way to the kitchen, I saw my dad sleeping on the couch and immediately I relaxed to only realize I was holding my breath.

Grabbing half a sandwich I found in the fridge and a jar of biscuits, I ran back to my room hoping my father wouldn't wake up and I ate peacefully in my locked room.

At 8:30, I started getting ready to go to the diner. as fast as I could, I ran out of the house and sighed in relief that my dad was still sleeping.

But an abandoned thought came across my mind: he's been slapping me for way too long...

* Petes' POV*

Going to the diner for breakfast became a daily habit. Even though I would only get to Rena see for 5 minutes, in which she takes my order and serves, it's better than nothing.

At the diner I get to be like any other customer; and the staff are not allowed to show any sort of affection to a customer inside the diner, which stinks because that's the only place I can see her but she needs this job and I'm not going to jeopardize it.

Our eyes locked from across the room the minute I entered. Her eyes shimmered and glowed like a full moon in an empty, dark sky, as her lips listed up in a weak smile. And that was when I noticed the black circles under her eyes and her pale skin even paler.

I got worried. Was she sick? I thought. I didn't want her to know I was worried so I tried to look normal and just sat down on the nearest chair until she came, like everyday, to take my order.

Serving a table, she smiled politely like usual, and as soon as she was done she gracefully sashayed towards me, with a smile that is almost seductive in nature. Her eyes darted mine through each step and shook the air out of my lungs. But as she got closer she looked more exhausted.

"I missed you" she said as she took my hand.

"I missed you too. Are you okay? You look tired."

I tried to pull her hand to me but she shook my hands off her arm "I..I'm fine" she trembled.

I became even more worried: whey did she have to lie to me when knowing well that I knew that it's wasn't the truth.

"Look Pete, I have work to do and if the manager saw us like this I'm going to be fired so-"

"So I better just tell you what I want to have and get over with?" She nodded with her head down in shame. "Are you okay? You look different. You're acting different."

"I told you- I'm fine." She looked at my eyes to reassure me that everything is fine and she soon got the effort to give me the brightest smile I have ever seen.

"Okay then... But please, promise me they're gone be fine"

"I will be. I promise." She blushed, "you want the usual?"

"Yes please" I said, imitating her dads voice.

She giggled,"alright then."

She flashed me another big smile before she walked away to place my order. But before she got there she fell on the floor.

I got up as quickly as I could and ran to her just as a few others helped her get up.

"Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself? " and old women stood next to me said. She was examining Rena for any physical injuries.

"I...I... I'm-"

I cut her off. "That's it! You need to go back home." I ordered.

"But ... I have a job. I need to do it." She turned to me"

"You're too sick to do it" I raised my voice a bit

I tired to pull her but the old lady snapped at me." Get your hands off her, lad. Who do you think you are to pull her and should at her like that? You're a disgrace."

"I'm also her boyfriend that is also worried about her."

"I'm tired, Pete. I didn't sleep, that's all. There's no need for you to worry." She cut us off and held my hand. "I'm fine. I promise."

"You haven't slept and you can barely talk" I said in a softer tone, " let me take you to rest"

"Pete..."

"Listen young lad," the old lady cut me off." If she doesn't want to go with you, she doesn't have to."

"It's fine." Rena told her then looked at me , "I'll tell my boss that I'm leaving and I'll be back."

I waited for her for a maximum of 5 minutes though it seemed like forever and the more I waited the more I got worried but this time I knew it was irrational.

"Let's go," she said to me right after she got back.

I held her hand and walked her out of the diner and into my car.

We remained silent all through the ride. None of us did any attempt to make any sound. I wanted to ask her why was she tired, I wasn't to take care of her, but I couldn't.

"Why are we here?" She me she. She realize that we were going in to the recording studio.

"Ill tell the guys to cancel the session. I can't tell them that over the phone" I earnestly said.

"Okay?" She said in confusion but I didn't bother to explain further.

"Finally!" John sighed, "I'm never going to forgive you ever!"

"What?"

"Keith killed us while waiting for you."

"I like drums" was Keith's only defense.

"You like drums, that doesn't mean you should play them loudly for an hour while screaming like a maniac." Roger complained.

"It's good for practice." Keith said, innocently.

"You're anything but innocent Moon!" I exclaimed.

Rena giggled and I spontaneously smiled. "I'm actually here to tell you to cancel the session."

We did not go through all that trouble waiting for you just so you can cancel it." John protested.

"You're staying here!" Keith joined John in protesting.

"Shut up Keith! You're the reason we're dying!" Roger laughed.

Rena giggled and I felt relief that she got back to the old Rena a that I know.

"But I like drums!" He whined and we all laughed.

"I can't keep you away from this." Rena whispered to me "I'll just stay here with you."

"No you're not. You need to rest" I whispered back.

"So are you staying?" Keith asked.

Rena tilted her head, "I'm gonna be okay."

"Alright I'm staying." I told them. "But Rena needs a place to stay at. She tired."

John looked at Roger, "your house is the closest to the studio..."

"Do you mind?" I asked him.

"Not at all..."

**Rogers POV**

And that was the biggest mistake I've ever done...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

643 23 17
the year 1994 Serena Wilson a 14 year old girl was moving to her aunt and uncles house which was in Tulsa Oklahoma since her parents passed. She met...
14.1K 707 22
« This boy would be happy just to love you » At eighteen she was already a bombshell in her own right, She was ready share her voice with anyone wh...
4.8K 75 20
A story in where we ALL are going to take a jump back in the 50's. In a world of irresistible greasers, poodle skirts, swing dancin', handjivin' and...
5.4K 140 15
Anna Summers is a popular teen in 2015. She loves everything about 2015. Anna doesn't like old music. In fact, she hates it and dislikes the old time...