payback. markhyuck

By MARKSOI

markhyuck ┅ donghyuck will do anything to pay mark back. ❝be my secretary then...❞ ▬ COMPLETED ✓ 1.29.23 ma... More

intro.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
end.

thirty-two.

2.1K 89 19
By MARKSOI

banging on the door is what woke jaemin up. with a groan, he forced himself out of his bed whilst he scratch his head in annoyance. who could be outside his place at seven in the morning? he thought to himself.

with his half-opened eyes, he opened the door, "what do you want—" his words halted when he made eye contact with the person outside his door, "oh donghyuck?" he looked at the latter up and down and noticed how dressed up he is.

the said name shoots him a grin, "good morning!" he greeted.

"good morning?" still confused, jaemin greeted the male back.

donghyuck welcomed himself inside the younger's place and sets down the paper bag he was holding on the table before making his way toward the living room. there he saw jungwoo sleeping on the couch while renjun is on the floor, wrapped inside a blanket.

"guys!" donghyuck screamed at top of his lungs, resulting in the two stirring in their sleep. "we need to get up, come on!"

jaemin came in, "it's seven in the morning."

"don't you have work today?" renjun said as he attempts to open his sleepy eyes.

still with a cheeky smile, he shook his head, "nope! that's why i'm here." he replied and walked back towards the table to open the paper bag he brought, "come on let's eat breakfast first, i also bought coffee for us."

after a little more convincing, donghyuck managed to get the three out of their sleepy state. they then sat around the table as he started to distribute the drinks for them.

although the three just got forced out of their bed, they have no reason to complain anymore after seeing the breakfast and coffee that donghyuck brought for them. yet, at the same time,  they just can't help but question why donghyuck came here early in the morning.

"so what did you came here for?" jaemin was the first to ask as he took a sip of his coffee.

all eyes immediately went at donghyuck, so he tried to shrug it out, "w-well uh... just nothing!" he stutters, finding it a bit hard to come up with an excuse. "is the coffee good?"

both renjun and jungwoo immediately nodded their heads yet their eyes remained on what they were eating—too busy to listen to what the two are saying.

jaemin, on the other hand, found the latter's reply a little suspicious, so he squints his eyes while looking intently at donghyuck. "donghyuck, i know you so damn well now." he blurts. he can read it on donghyuck's face that he's here because of something, "just tell me."

this caught both jungwoo and renjun's attention, causing them to drop whatever they were doing. with brows furrowed, renjun made a sound, "what are we talking about?" he butts in.

jungwoo was quick to pick up what jaemin is talking about. he leaned forward as he nods his head, "yeah!" he exclaims, "i know you're here for something! come on, just tell us—"

"alright! alright!" donghyuck threw his hand in surrender, "c-can you guys come to the company with me?"

"oh, you want a ride?" jaemin questions, "i thought you have no work today?"

"no. yeah—i mean, it's not about that..." he trails off, eyes avoiding eye contact with his friends, "there's an event that is going to happen in the lee company, and well, i was told that i can bring you guys with me."

"aren't you supposed to only bring one person in those types of events," renjun quickly added, "like a 'plus one' type thing?"

"m-mark—mr. lee told me that i can bring you guys with me!" donghyuck quickly reassures before grinning, yet again.

"really?" jungwoo asked in disbelief, "are you two that close?" he jokes. but the question made donghyuck nervously gulped as he awkwardly looked away.

"anyway, when's the event?" jaemin asks.

"later this night." he replied. 

the three looked at their friend with widen eyes, almost spitting out the food and coffee in their mouths, " you mean today?!"

----

as mark's driver parked the car in front of the entrance, almost immediately, someone opened the car door for him and a bunch of bodyguards greeted him. 

his presence instantly caught other people's attention. he made his way to the entrance and the first thing he did is to scan the place. he can see that everything is already decorated. tables are already settled and, slowly, people are starting to fill the place.

yet at the same time, his eyes are looking for someone in particular. just then, one of his bodyguards approached him, "mr. lee, i was informed that the event will start in thirty minutes, so they suggested that you stay at your office in the meantime." 

the ceo just nodded his head after failing to look for that person.

once he was in the elevator, he fished for his phone and started dialing a number. "hey, baby..."

"mark?"

a smile instantly made its way on the older's lips as he heard donghyuck's voice. "what time will you come here?"

"oh is it starting? we're still preparing." donghyuck replied.

mark can sense that his love is panicking on the other line, "no, no, i was just asking," he released a small chuckle, "the event will thirty minutes but no need to rush."

"i see!"

"um..." the older trails off, "are they coming? you know—your friends...?"

"yup! i'm in jaemin's place right now."

mark nods once he heard the name, "jaemin..." he tried the name on his tongue, "do you need someone to pick you guys up? i can send one of my drivers."

"what?—no, it's okay!" donghyuck assures. just then he heard renjun shouting his name in one of the rooms. seems like he needs help on something. "i think i need to go. see you at the event!"

"alright... see you."

walking towards the entrance, the three fell in awe as they look at the building in front of them, while donghyuck tails behind. "so this is what the lee company looks like up close..." jungwoo voices out his thoughts.

"i feel very intimidated... are we even allowed to go in?" renjun asked, feeling like his legs are shaking.

"oh, stop overreacting." donghyuck said as he rolls his eyes.

donghyuck soon took the lead and made their way toward the entrance. they saw a lot of businessmen and women already filling the place. some are busy talking to each other while some are just observing the place. donghyuck also noticed a group of reporters on the side, he can already tell that they were just waiting for the ceo to arrive.

as they went further inside, donghyuck felt a tap on his shoulder, and a familiar tall figure immediately greeted him. "sungchan?" he greeted the younger. he also didn't fail to notice doyoung and johnny standing behind him, "hyung!"

after he gave the three a small hug before averting his attention to the three standing awkwardly behind him, "oh and also! these are my friends," donghyuck introduced, "jungwoo, jaemin, and renjun!"

"nice to meet you guys!" johnny was the first to shake hands with them, with doyoung and sungchan doing the same.

both doyoung and sungchan were quick enough to get along with the three as they were now forming conversations without donghyuck.

meanwhile, donghyuck and johnny just stood beside them, watching them. the taller then nudged the latter's side to grab his attention, "were they the ones mr. lee is talking about?" he questions.

donghyuck immediately nodded his head. "anyway, where's mr. lee?"

"why? you miss him already?" johnny asked as he gives him a teasing look.

just then, a voice through a mic was heard through the whole building— catching all of the people's attention.

"good evening everyone, we are very pleased to be able to welcome those of you that is here with us tonight." the host started, "to officially start the event, i would like to welcome, mr. lee into the mic."

this was then followed by claps from the crowd. soon, the ceo of the company came in front of the mic.

"woah, so this is what mr. lee looks like up close?" renjun whispers to jungwoo. "he's cute."

"see? i told you!" jungwoo whisper-shouts.

"can you two be quiet." jaemin butts in before squeezing himself in between them.

"thank you all for coming—if some of you might not know, the lee company's dalcom coffee sales have skyrocketed and is now known globally! so in celebration, i decided to hold this event specifically for it." mr. lee started and at the same time his eyes wanders around the place, "so tonight, i just want everyone to have fun and enjoy their time, that's all."

once again, everyone clapped. the host took the mic again and the event officially started.

johnny, doyoung, and sungchan have been busy chatting with donghyuck's friends the whole time, and we can already say that the awkward tension between them is pretty much invisible.

donghyuck, on the other hand, has his eyes on the ceo from the distance. he wanted to walk up to him and congratulate his boyfriend but seems like other people are busy congratulating him.

seeing that the chances of him having a small private time with his lover are low, he decided to just walk back to his friends. but as he was about to turn his heel, a hand grabbed his arm, startling him.

turning around, "jeno?" he voices out, "long time no see!"

the said name let out a small laugh before nodding his head, "i haven't had the time to visit mark's company for a while." he told, "but anyways! i've heard about it."

"what's up?" donghyuck raised his brows.

"so, mark finally asked you out?" jeno teased.

donghyuck's eyes immediately widens and started looking around—feeling like jeno had said that out too loud. nonetheless, he slowly nodded his head before rubbing his nape, awkwardly.

"and now, what?" he trails off, waiting for donghyuck to say what's next. "are you two like... going out?"

"boyfriends..." donghyuck corrects. "you? what about you?"

"oh me? i'm single, unfortunately," he said shaking his head, "but i saw a cute guy right there." he continues pointing at someone from the distance.

donghyuck followed where jeno is pointing and noticed that the 'cute guy' he was talking about is standing between renjun and jungwoo. his brows furrowed and immediately averts his gaze. is he talking about jaemin? "cute guy—that's my friend!"

"that's even perfect..." jeno smirks, still not peeling his eyes off the male, "well then talk to you later!"

donghyuck watched the male walks off in front of him before making his way toward his group of friends. it's great to see that both of his friend groups are getting along well.

with a smile, he averts his gaze away from them and turns it back on the place where he last saw mark in the distance but only frowned when he didn't find him there. he lets out a sound and unconsciously made a pout. "i lost him." he whispers to himself.

"who?" a voice suddenly came beside him, catching the younger off guard.

donghyuck's eyes immediately lit up after hearing the familiar voice. "mark!" he almost said out loud, but hold back knowing that there were a lot of people around them. after all, if a stranger hears a secretary calling his ceo by his first name, it does sound disrespectful.

"mark?" the older repeated, "not baby? love?"

"oh come on... there's a lot of people around." he pursed his lips, feeling a little shy by how his lover stared at him.

mark chuckles, trying to hold himself back from hugging donghyuck right then and there. "by the way, where are your friends?" he asked, looking around.

"right there!" donghyuck pointed to where johnny, doyoung, and sungchan are standing.

"let's go?" donghyuck nodded in reply and took the lead.

jungwoo was the first one to notice that the ceo of the company seems like he is making his way toward them. in panic, he rapidly taps the side of renjun and, in an attempt to grab their attention.

before the two can even process the sight they are seeing, mark was already
standing in front of them with donghyuck beside him.

the three immediately did nothing but bow their heads at a ninety-degree angle. donghyuck saw this and can't help but shake his head in disbelief.

"are you guys enjoying the event so far?" mark asked, and instantly, all of their heads turned to look at him.

"oh mr. lee! congratulations on your sales! and of course, yes we are." doyoung started, noticing that mark was already in their circle, "by the way, these are donghyuck's friends."

jaemin extended his hand first to shake the superior's hands, "i'm jaemin..." he introduced himself.

jungwoo soon followed, extending his hand, "jungwoo..." 

"i'm renjun." the smaller was the last one to shake hands with mark. and after this, the three are basically frozen in their spots.

donghyuck just watches his friends interact with his boyfriend while holding a laugh. mark, too, finds this cute and funny at the same time. so once he heard their names, he gave the three a bow, "i'm mark lee—"

"oh no, no! no need to introduce yourself!" jungwoo shook his hands in the air, stopping the ceo from bowing and talking, "w-we're already aware that you're the ceo of this company and the son of the most famous ceo in seoul."

mark's lifts his brows while he nods his head, "and i'm also donghyuck's boyfriend."

in an instant, the air between them immediately turned silent. donghyuck pressed his lips into a thin line after his lover just blurted that out. johnny, doyoung and sungchan looked down trying to stop their smile from growing. while renjun, jaemin, and jungwoo looks like they're still processing what the ceo had just said.

isn't donghyuck just mr. lee's secretary?

all of them looked at donghyuck for confirmation but they just saw their friend blushing while standing beside the ceo. the three then made eye contact before they burst into a fake laugh and even clapped his hands.

"oh wow mr. lee! i didn't know you have this kind of humor!" jungwoo said in between his awkward laugh.

when they noticed that mark's expression hasn't changed even a second, their laughs immediately died down, transitioning into a shocked one. "no way..." renjun slowly said, bringing his palm to cover his mouth.

"i-it's true...?" jaemin slowly asks with widen eyes and furrowed brows.

both donghyuck and mark nodded at the same time resulting in the three to let out a gasp.

"that's probably the reason why mark initiated to invite you guys to this event." johnny butts in and mark was quick to nod his head, once again.

"to announce your relationship, solely to us?" renjun asked, still in disbelief.

"yup!" mark proudly said, seeing nothing wrong with that. "i know how precious you guys are to donghyuck!"

"y-you must've really liked our friend, then..." jungwoo quietly voices out his thoughts.

"anyways, i think i need to entertain more guests," mark smiled, clasping his hands together, "if you guys need anything, feel free to call me!"

the three only watched the two walk away with their mouth open, in disbelief.

"so it's true..." renjun slowly said, "you're most likely get something you hate. well in this case—someone."

"hey, uh excuse me?"

jaemin heard a voice from behind him. turning around, his brows perked up after making eye contact with the person.

"is your name jaemin?" a deep voice asked, extending his arms to shake hands with him, "my name's jeno.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

460K 19.7K 30
❝ i thought we were friends? ❞ ❝ me too, until you kissed me. ❞ ━ or where mark and donghyuck become ro...
334K 13.3K 35
❝ if he wants it, he gets it. ❞ ❪ mark lee ✕ lee donghyuck ❫ ⤷ © dongcvs ━ 2021.
127K 6.4K 39
markhyuck. ┅ the world decides your soulmate whether you like it or not. ❝yours is red too?❞ ▬ COMPLETED ✓ 03.07.21 markhyuck fanfiction. © MARKSOI...
131K 4.7K 31
markhyuck ┅ fuck drugs, have you ever been addicted to you best friend? ❝this is a healthy addiction.❞ ▬ COMPLETED ✓ 3.13.22 markhyuck fanfiction. ©...