Hidden Behind Walls

By PoetWanderess

Raven Bordeaux never liked dealing with people. She liked being encased in her drama free bubble with her few... More

Chapter 1: Your Messing with my Zen
Chapter 2: Curse You Clayton
Chapter 3: Blood blood All Around
Chapter 4: Lip Bitings Tumblr
Chapter 5: Exit the Holy Sanctuary
Chapter 6: But my dear this is not Wonderland
Chapter 8: Oh the days gone by
Chapter 9: We've got really bad luck
Chapter 10: Chilling With My Woes
Chapter 11: And so it begins
Chapter 12: Never Ending
Chapter 13: Too high for this
Chapter 14: Cocky even when high
Chapter 15: Always the Dark Path
Chapter 16: Autumn Nights
Chapter 17: My Drug of Choice
Chapter 18: On our way
Chapter 19: C'est la vie
Chapter 20: And I was out here hiding from my demons in plain sight
Chapter 21: The Mansion at the Top of the Hill
Chapter 22: Laughter is the best medicine
Chapter 23: Sometimes you need your family
Chapter 24: An Empty Space
Chapter 25: And You are not Alice
Chapter 26: Christmas Day
Chapter 27: Metamorphosis
Chapter 28: Slow down
Chapter 29: Lies and a Psychiatrist
Chapter 30: Talkings not my thing
Author's Note
Chapter 31: Graduation
Chapter 32: Road Trips are harder than expected
Chapter 33: Sunset & Tattoos
Chapter 34: San Fran Livin'
Chapter 35: Dim Sum
Chapter 36: Normality
Chapter 37: We'll Be Okay
Epilogue

Chapter 7: Bloody Noses Suck

14.4K 658 117
By PoetWanderess

Hello, people who read my story!  New Chapter! Comment what you think about the story, where you'll think it'll be going and etc. Thanks for Reading!

<(^~^)>

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^^**^*^*^^**^^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Raven P.O.V.

    He wasn't at school. For the past week, I've been looking over my shoulder waiting to be suddenly grabbed, pulled, yanked, or something. I've waited to hear him randomly yell my nickname from across the hall or call me weird pet names. Great, I feel like a lost puppy.    

    The day was fine but I knew something bad was going to happen it was like a looming disaster and it did during lunch. I sat down beside Megan and Ruri. I was peacefully eating my lunch until the Redhead walked up to our table. Her bouncy red shiny curls whipped me across the face. Twat.

    "Ok, Raven" she starts venom laced through her words. I look up at her slowly, run my eyes up and down her and then turn away. She lets out an offended huff.

    "I'm talking to you" she states slamming a perfectly manicured fist on the table.

    "And I'm eating" I snap annoyed.

    "Listen hear sweetie, you do not disrespect me. You are walking on very thin line" she says her southern belle accent slipping into the words.

     "Didn't your parents teach you manners? Thought you were southern" I say cocking my head staring at her expectantly. Her rage bubbled over.

     "Ok, you piece of trash. Lacey caught you and Clayton kissing. You need to learn not to overstep your territories" she says with a malicious smile. She grabs my hair and pulls me down. I yelp in pain.

     "We're going to teach you a lesson" she says motioning to her ever emerging brunette lackeys. Megan and Ruri jumped up to help me. Ruri came up to the Redhead tugged her hair and the Redhead let go of mines. I scramble backwards towards my friends.

     "Are you insane!?" I spit standing up.

     "You're messing with my Clayton, you wh*re" she spits at me.

     "My Clayton? You can't own a person! Are you mental?"

     "Honey,  you just don't understand how things work round' here" she says smirking.

     "Then enlighten me, Queen Bitch" I say cockily. Where I was getting this new found confidence, I don't know but hopefully it doesn't burn out before this fight ends.

     "I will" she snarls. Ok, creepy much?

     "I rank higher than you, all of you" she says her hand motioning across the room.

     "So because of my high rank in the female's hierarchy, its only fitting I'm with a person that's at the top of the male  hierarchy" she continues. Seriously, she makes it sound like we're in a pack. She paused staring at me, "And you're messing that up."

      "I'm sorry that your mental" I say trying to give her a soothing pat. She shrugged me off of her and then glares at me.

     "Stay away Raven, or you'll get hurt" she hisses and she gives me one last shove before strutting away. I hope she breaks an ankle wearing those heels. I sat myself down to contemplate the Redhead's threat.

     "You know she's serious, Raven" Megan states looking down the hallway the Redhead had strutted out through.

     "And crazy" Ruri adds.

     "Yep, and my instincts are to run but..." I trail off.

     "You're too much of a goody two shoes to let her get away with pushing people down" Ruri finishes with a roll of her eyes. I shrug.

     "What can I say, I'm for the people" I gibe grinning.

     "Well, if you need back up you know, the ol' one two, call me and I'll come running with the police cause my butt ain't going down with you" Ruri says.

      "Thanks for the vote of confidence" I say.

     "Always, honey, always" she responds with a grin. The lunch bell rang and we shuffled out the hallway.  I gladly took a seat in the back of the classroom and decided to hide in the shadows for the rest of the day.

                                                             ***

Clayton P.O.V

     I was being stupid. I hadn't felt up to going to school for the past week. I couldn't really walk into school looking like I got hit by a truck either. I bummed it on Daren's couch for the week. His parents were used to this, they knew what happened at home and they managed to get excuse notes for me written by my mom while she was mildly sober.

    I knew I had to go back home today. Luckily, there wasn't a game today. There was in 2 weeks for the Autumn formal that happened the next day. It was around 5 p.m. when I got back into my car.  You know that horrible sick feeling you get when you know something awful is going to happen? That's what I'm having right now.

      I decided that I was just going to go through the front, sneaking through the back didn't help last time anyway. In the living room, he sat there. He was calm, no alcohol near him, reading a newspaper. Who reads a newspaper in the evening? His gaze floated over to me. 

     "So you've been missing school?" he starts.

     "I was sick, so the Elwood's made me come to their house, and took care of me"

     "So you've been missing practice?"

     "The coach understands"

     "But you've been missing practice" he says this time more firmly as a statement rather than a question.

    " Yes" I answer. He stalked over to me and pointed his finger at me.

     "So you're trying to fuck up your scholarship"

     "No, the coach understands he just said to be better by the next game"

     "So you're.trying.to.fuck.up.your.scholarship" he said enunciating each syllable his voice rising. He reminded me so much of Kevin Hart it was hard to not laugh. I tried to keep a straight face but a grin slipped through the cracks.

      Then he banged my head against the wall. Instantly, my vision blurred. I slid down the wall clutching my head. I tried to block his kicks but there was three of him at least that was what I saw. Each blow brought a fresh bruise across the almost healed ones. He threw a kick into my face and I stopped it but he was faster than I was in my disoriented state and threw a punch at my nose. Blood spilled from my nose but my vision was clearing. He walked away and sat back down in the living room, picked up his newspaper and sank back into the chair. He took a tissue and wiped his knuckles. He didn't move anywhere closer to me. So I limped out of the house and into my car. I really shouldn't have been driving. I could barely see the road. But I needed to get out and get taken care of. The blood wasn't going to stop by itself.

Raven P.O.V.

     The doorbell rang as I sat on the bar stool drawing.

     "I'll get it!" Lily yelled running over to the door. I nodded my head not really paying attention. Then a high-pitched scream filled the house. I jumped out my seat and ran to the front. Lily stood in front of the doorway her hands covering her mouth, eyes filled with fear. Once, I saw she was ok, I focused my attention to what she was so scared of.  I understood quickly.

     It was Clayton, he was slumped on the doorway and blood was spilling out of his nose. It stained his t-shirt and jeans, bruises covered his body. He weakly opened his eyes and they landed on me.

     "Sweetheart" he whispered before they fluttered closed. I rushed over to him trying to wipe away the blood on his face. My eyes were welling up with tears.

     "Lily, Lily come here. I need you to help me" I say my voice cracking. She stumbled over to me. We lifted him up and brought him to the guest room. He was pale but there was only a small amount of blood still spilling out of his nose.

     "It's gonna be ok" I whisper not knowing if he could hear me.  I try to push back a loose bit of hair on his head.

     "Lily, I need an ice pack, Tylenol, some water and paper towels" I say my brain going into overdrive. She scrambled out of the room. I tried to gently get Clayton to respond to me. His eyes open and he sucks in a breath.

     "Rave" he says his voice gravelly.

     "Yeah" I answer.

     "How bad is it?"

     "Pretty bad, bloody noses suck"

     "Scale?"

     "5, you broke your nose don't think it's crooked though. What happened?"

      "I'd rather not tell you"

     "Clayton"

     "You won't see me any different?"

     "Promise, cross my heart and hope to die" I say even doing the hand motions. A soft smile graces his bloodied face. Before he can begin Lily returns.

      "Lay back down"I say, "I'm gonna try to stop the bleeding."

     "Get more pillows, Lily, we need to elevate his head" I say turning to her. She goes into action fitting more pillows under his head. I place the ice pack over his nose and start wiping away the blood. 

     "Take these" I say. He takes the pills and washes them down with water. He lays back down and closes his eyes.

     "Before I explain things, you can't call the police, child protection services any of that after I tell you everything"  he says lowly. So it is about his parents. I knew it. He lets out a ragged breath.

     "My parents had a few rough patches...Mom was gonna file divorce. Then my Dad died, my real dad. " he starts with a shaky breath. I nod my head giving him a sign to continue on. 

     "My mom broke down...became a raging alcoholic. She was decent when my siblings still lived at home. She married Ollivander at little bit before they left home for college. Then it just got ugly. My siblings left, Ollivander and my mom went on drunken raids. I was 13 when he first beat me up back then my mom actually gave a fuck. Now, she's just drunk most of the time. He does it religiously like a way to blow off steam and he always finds a damn reason to justify it.  It was really bad when I was younger, I couldn't take it all. Alric and Belle, they know things are bad but they're never here when it gets horrid" he finishes.  A silence settled in between us. I grazed my fingers lightly through his hair trying to move the sticky strands away from his face.  His tongue darted out and licked my hand. I jerk back in surprise.

      "Ewww" I squeal. I rub the saliva off onto my pants.

     "Why'd you do that?"

     "I needed you to stop over analyzing " he said gruffly.

     "Over...analyzing?" I let the words roll around in my mouth.

     "Your thinking about the best way to approach this situation, you don't need to say anything Rave" he says looking me in the eye.

     "Why haven't you left?"

     "What?" he asks in surprise.

     "Why haven't you ran away, told someone, or moved out?"

     "Ollivander's paying the rest of the college tuition that isn't covered by the scholarship"he answers.

     "So you tell someone or leave your fudged?"

      "Pretty much" he says with a shrug. He cringes right after the action.

     "Ok, no more talking just rest up, ok?" I say. He nods his head and slowly closes his eyes.I take another paper towels trying to wipe away all the blood that was sticking to his face and hair.  I stand up to get a wet washcloth and his hand grabs my wrist.

     "You might want to change your pants...they're covered in blood" he says looking at me once again. I nod my head and his hand falls away.

     "Thanks" I mumble and leave the room. I ram into Lily as I quickly go up the staircase to change my clothes.

     "B-b-blood" she stutters staring at my lower body and hands.

     "Calm down, the bleeding stopped he's okay" I say slowly and reassuringly.

     "G-g-good" she replies still stuttering.

     "How about you lie down for a bit" I say to here. She nods her head slowly and makes her way to her bedroom. She huddles herself in her covers and closes her eyes. I leave her room and beeline to the bathroom. I scrub ferociously at the blood on my hands and the blood on my jeans. I think of Clayton's bloodied clothes that he still had on and made a mental note to get him into some clean one's soon. I strip in the bathroom leaving the wet pants to soak. I take a washcloth as well.  I rush to my room and pull on some shorts. I rummaged through my clothing to find anything that was abnormally large and would fit Clayton. I found sweats but no shirt. He'll be fine without a shirt, right?

     I jog back down the staircase worried that maybe there was another reason for the bloodstains on his shirt. I entered the room quietly and he slowly straightens up.

     "Think the blood stopped" he mumbles slowly taking out the gauze that was stuffed up his nose. A trickle of blood slid down and landed in his hand.

     "Okay, maybe not" he says grabbing a paper towel and wiping his hands and sticking new gauze up his nose.

     "I brought you some sweats, hopefully they'll fit you" I mutter handing them to him.  Hequickly strips in front of me. I slap my hands over my eyes.

     "I'm gonna...leave... where's the door?" I say feeling behind me my hand outstretched. I actually touch something stable but its unnaturally warm.

     "I'm touching your chest aren't I?" I say more of a statement rather than a question. 

     "Yeah" he answers with a chuckle.

     "Are you decent?" I ask my left hand still covering my eyes.

     "You can look" he says laughing more. I let my hands fall, and he's wearing the sweatpants. His upper body is covered in bruises. I press them lightly testing out how bad they are. He sucks in a sharp breath.

     "We're going to need more ice packs" I say still staring mortified.

     "I second that" he says through a strangled breath.

     "Okay, back into bed" I say lightly leading him back to the bed trying to avoid touching his bruises.  I bring more ice packs and a towel. I lay the towel over him and place the ice packs on him gently. After that I decide to check on Lily. She's still huddled in her blankets but the TV's on. Her head turns to me and she looks me over, checking for blood most likely. 

     "Is he ok?" she whispers her voice hoarse. I nod my head slowly and make my way towards her.

     "Are you?" I ask.

     "I don't know. I saw him and there was so much blood. We saw him a week ago, what happened?" she asks her words getting frantic.

     "He told me what happened but it's his story to tell" I clarify.  She nods her head slowly.

     "So he's ok?" she croaks once again.

     "He's gonna be fine" I divulge.

      "Good" she says reassured.

     "Night" I say planting sloppy kiss on her forehead.

    "Eww, Raven" she complained. I blow her kiss and turn around a skip out. I hear her laughs as I descend the staircase. Good, now she'll cheer up.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^**^*^**^^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^^*^

    The next update might take longer than 2 weeks depending how the editing for Chapter 8 goes since I decided to change a few things.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 513 12
Cordelia Martin moves to a new town and a new school. Starting her Senior year isn't how she expected and she definitely doesn't expect to find any g...
25K 662 10
Hi, i'm Chloe Quessi and i've always been the outcast in school. See I'm not exactly the most "Popular" as you might say. I'm the girl who sits in t...
110 0 35
Joey lost himself a while ago, but he's not trying to find himself. He'd rather find his parents.
4.2K 151 32
please don't mind my description I'm really bad at them😭😭 Camila and Taylor have been best friends since they can remember. they spend all their ti...