"I Would Lay Down My Life For...

By GrimsbysBooknQuill

You are Y/N , a seventh year at Hogwarts , making you 18. You're competing in the Quidditch matches when your... More

Chapter 1- The Save.
Chapter 2- Let Us Say Thank You
Chapter 3- Dinner With Idiots
Chapter 4- Dinner with the Malfoys
Chapter 6- The tour and more.
Chapter 7- The Gardens
Chapter 8- Fuck Lucius Malfoy
Chapter 9- 1 on 1 training
Chapter 10- Secrets of the past.
Chapter 11- Back To School
Hiatus
Chapter 12- Consequences of Actions
Chapter 13-Love Affair

Chapter 5- Dinner With The Malfoys (Part 2)

766 37 8
By GrimsbysBooknQuill

You followed Narcissa into the living room, You've been sitting there for a while now, enjoying polite conversation with the older witch you admire the beauty of. Narcissa's sat on the sofa with a tea cup in her lap and you're sat in an arm chair opposite to her, listening closely to every word she has to say. Her voice is so sweet and soft you feel as if you can listen to her for hours. She takes a sip of her tea and says:

"Oh god when you reached out for Draco but you didn't catch him at first.. so you flipped yourself upside down, I was so scared that both of you would fall.", she tells you in amazement, "Were you not scared?"

You think about it, "No? I mean I was scared that I wasn't gonna catch him in time but the fear of falling myself, wasn't there."

"Were you just that confident that you weren't going to fall?" She raises the cup to her lips. You quickly glance down at her lips taking in a deep breath.

"No not really. I don't really care if I fall." You shrug.

She gives you a look of concern as she swallows her tea, "Why?"

You reach out for your tea cup that was resting on the coffee table, "I don't know. I guess I just never seen myself as that important." Once the tea cup is in your hand you draw back into your seat and take a sip.

Whereas Narcissa puts her tea cup on the table keeping eye contact with you, her expression not changing from being worried. "You should care. People care about you Y/N."

You raise your eyebrow, "Oh yeah? Like who?" You ask as you take another sip of your tea.

Narcissa leans back into the sofa, "Well like your friends, your family-"

You scoff at the mention of your family caring about you.

"And me." Narcissa finishes.

You cough and nearly spit out your tea but you manage to keep it down, you swallow the tea and give Narcissa a look of surprise.

"You? You care about me?", you say confused.

"Yes I do, and this is why I think it's important for you to loo-"

You cut her off, still fixated on her, "Why? Why do you care about me?"

She just looks at you making perfect eye contact, "I..I don't know. If I'm being honest. All I know is that I do. In fact I care about you more now after you saved Draco."

You just stare at her still too surprised to reply.

"This is why I think it's important for you to look after yourself more. And keep your safety in mind as well as others."

When everything she says sets in you just smile brightly at her. "Thank you."

She returns the smile, "You're welcome."

She leans forward again delicately taking her tea cup in her hands again and gently leaning back into the sofa.

You break the silence by saying her name, "Narcissa?"

She looks up from her tea to you.

"Narcissa." You slowly say , letting it fly of your tongue, "I hope you don't mind me saying, but your name is quite beautiful. As well as yourself." You look at her, admiring her.

Narcissa turns a bright red at your statement, she then goes onto biting her bottom lip gently, quickly glancing at your lips and then to the floor, flustered. "T-thank y-you. Y/N you're quite pretty yourself." Smiling she glances at the grand father clock and swiftly gets up putting her tea cup back on the coffee table. She awkwardly points to the clock still clearly flustered. "It's time for dinner."

"Oh good." You smile and get up also setting down your tea cup. You lift out your arm directing towards the door, "Lead the way again?"

She nods and leads you to dining room. At the same time she finally takes off her coat that she forgot to take off before hand. She drops the coat in the hands of a house elf, who scurries along with coat in hand. Without her coat on it reveals the rest of her dark silver dress. All you can do is stand in the doorway of the dining room and watch as she walks in the dress that highlights the curves of her body; the dress is not completely snug on her but it still does the job of leaving you speechless. You quickly reach up and check your nose for blood. 'No blood? Good.' Not long after you hear an:

"Excuse me?"

from below you. It was the house elf from before that took Narcissa's coat.

"Oh? Hello." You look down to him.

"M-may I take your coat/cloak?", He asks.

"Oh sure thing!" You take off your coat or if you chose the second option then you take off your cloak. You kneel down and hand it to him. "Thank you...What's your name?"

"Oh. It doesn't matter." He says taking what's in your hand.

"Sure it does." You smile at him.

He smiles back, "I-It's Dobby Miss."

"Dobby? Well then thank you for taking my coat/cloak Dobby."

"You're welcome Miss" He grins and scurries off again.

As you stand up you hear Narcissa's voice beckon from the dining room.

"Coming Y/N?"

You smile at her, "Yeah I'm on my way." you say as you walk towards her.

She takes a seat at the head of the table and you draw out a chair next to her, but then stop for a moment.

"Is it alright if I sit here?" You ask pointing to the chair.

"Yes of course." She replies.

You continue to sit down and the both of you wait for the arrival of Draco. Not long after Draco appears and sits next to his mother. You wait a little longer but no sign of Lord Malfoy. A short while and the food arrives, smelling amazing...but not as good as Narcissa 'Jesus fuck Y/N come on!' you think. You decide to break the silence as the food gets served.

"So no sign of Lord Malfoy?" You ask.

Narcissa gently shakes her head and answers, "No, he's off away on work." She rolls her eyes. "Like always." She mutters to herself.

You also hear a sigh from Draco before he takes a bite of is food.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"No, it's fine dear don't worry." Narcissa smiles.

You blush slightly at her calling you "Dear". As the of you start eating you can't help but subtly watch Narcissa eat, she's so delicate with the food, the way she slightly sticks out her tongue as the food enters her mouth. you wonder what else she can do with- 'Oh god stop thinking about her tongue!'

"So.." , Narcissa breaks the second silence, "How was you two's ride here?"

You swallow the food you were chewing and you can see Narcissa glance at your neck and then back to your eyes. "It was alrigh-", you start to say before Draco interrupts you.

"Y/N insulted me."

You all just freeze for a moment, 'Well shit' crosses your mind. Narcissa looks over to you with confused look.

"I...I thought we agreed to not mention that?" You say to Draco which just earns you a shocked look from Narcissa.

"What?" Narcissa says.

"Y/N was sticking up for that filthy mudblood Granger." Says Draco which just earns you another confused look from Narcissa.

"Now hold on, that's not what happened." You point at him with your fork.

"Yes it was." Draco claims.

You two starting bickering. Narcissa just takes a deep breath and sighs, putting her knife and fork down either side of the plate. She speaks up, "That's enough. Y/N can you give me your side of the story please? Whilst Draco will stay quiet." She looks at you with hope in her eyes, probably hoping that Draco isn't telling the truth.

You explain to her everything that happened on the train. All while you are talking she listens to you intently, taking in every word. The further you explain what was said Narcissa raises her eyebrows at the language used.

"Afterwards I realised my mistake and apologised, suggested that we don't talk to each other and calm down. which I thought we did." , you finish.

Narcissa nods slowly and then looks to Draco, "Is this what happened?" She asks him.

The boy huffs and replies "Yes.."

Narcissa sighs, "Well then Y/N has already apologised. I suggest you do the same."

Draco swing forward in his chair, shocked at what his mother said, "Mum!"

"Now Draco." She says sternly.

Reluctantly Draco did as his mother told, "I'm sorry for being rude."

"It's alright don't worry about it. Again I'm sorry myself I should've acted more grown up." You say rubbing the back of your neck, feeling embarrassed that you were just bickering like a child and that you were just mummed by the beauty sat next to you.

Narcissa sighs and her smile returns, "Good I'm glad that was dealt with." She chuckles slightly.

After that, you three ate in silence with a few glances here and there admiring her beauty, whilst Narcissa is also stealing glances of you without you noticing. Other than admiring each other in secret it was pretty awkward silence.

---------------------------------------------

You pick your coat/cloak up from Dobby as you're walking to the door with Narcissa a short distance behind you. Narcissa opens the door as you get your coat/cloak back on. You smile at Narcissa, saying thank you and goodbye before walking out the door. You start walking away when you hear Narcissa call out to you.

"Y/N?"

You quickly spin round, "Yes?"

"I believe I heard Draco mention that you have nowhere to go during the break? Is that true?" , She asks.

"Oh.. Yeah that's true, I was just thinking of going back to Hogwarts and spend my break there." You explain to her.

She tilts her head to the side, "Would you like to stay here instead?" She offers to you.

Another question she presents to you that you're unsure if you should say yes to. What was it that you said to yourself before? Ah yes, your acceptance of loneliness was ruined when the goddess of a witch before you said you could stay.

"Uhh. I don't know. I would love to but I feel like I would be unwelcome by Draco." You explain your worries.

Narcissa fixes her hair behind her ear as the wind blew it out of place, "He'll get over it. Come on, I don't want you to be alone over the break." A soft smile playing on those lush, red full and round lips of hers.

You remove your brain from the place it should not wonder and say, "Is this you caring about me again?" You smile back at her.

She answers you with, "It is indeed.", as she tries to fix her hair again but fails for the wind is playing a game on her.

You widen your smile and walk back to her, slowly reaching out your hand to help her. Tucking her hair behind her ear again with a gentle touch. You feel her as she restrains herself from leaning into the touch of your hand.

"Alright, you win." You whisper softly to her.

She looks up at you ( you being a couple inches taller than her) you suddenly realise what you're doing and remove your hand from her. Taking a step back.

"Sorry." You quickly say.

Narcissa shakes her head with a red tinge to her cheeks, "It's alright don't worry. Um would you like to come back in?", nice change of the subject Narcissa.

"I would love to! But I need to go get a change of clothes from Hogwarts." You explain.

"Oh. Would you like me to take you?" She asks.

You look at her with a blank face, "Noooo." You say slowly.

"No sorry, I'm not a fan of apparition. Soo....Accio broom!" You cast the summoning spell with your wand and your broom appears not long after. "I'll just take the broom." , you shrug.

Narcissa giggles at you being silly and nods, "That's completely understandable."

You wave goodbye to her and ride off on your broom to pick up the things you need for your stay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 861 14
๐™€๐™ช๐™™๐™ค๐™ง๐™ž๐™– ๐˜ฝ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™ฃ. this follows a girl on the cusp of womanhood, taken in by the Malfoy family after her parents untimely death and has to f...
25.5K 673 22
You have been friends with Draco Malfoy since the beginning of your second year at Hogwarts. You spend your time during the summer and winter breaks...
35.4K 1.1K 76
Y/n Malfoy the four year older sister of Draco Malfoy and the daughter of Lucius and Narcissa. Y/n is nothing like her father and doesn't want to fol...
338K 10.8K 65
[Dramione] Hermione Granger cannot wait to start her first year at Hogwarts and, when she meets Draco Malfoy on the express train, she's even more ce...