Can't Be Tamed Rewrite

By Babywolf-Lover

Summary: Being the jinchuuriki for the Kyuubi, Naru was both shunned and pursued at the same time. Everyone w... More

Authors Note
Chapter One Giving Up
Chapter Two Bonds
Chapter Three Awakened
Chapter four team
Chapter five The journey begins
Chapter Six: Challenge
Chapter Seven Chunin
Chapter Eight Chunin Trial

Chapter Nine Preliminary

316 9 1
By Babywolf-Lover

Chapter Nine: Preliminary.

"Are you okay?" Sasuke questioned for what Naru figured was the umpteenth time as they entered the tower entrance.

"Stop asking." Naru snipped, she wiped sweat from her brow.

"This is where we split up." Shikamaru commented, Sakura looked at Ino and smiled.

"Thank you Ino, for the help and the trim." She twirled her short strands, Ino scoffed.

"Don't think that was a surrender, you're still a billboard brow that will lose." Ino teased, Sakura snarled at her before spinning around with her nose in the air and a blush on her cheeks.

"Same to you, Ino-pig!"

Sasuke let Naru slide to the floor next to him as he and Sakura produced their scrolls and opened them, throwing them as smoke started to expel from them, they flinched as Iruka appeared with a proud smile on his face.

"Been a while kids..."

-o0o-

"They made it." Anko commented while looking at the camera screen Hiruzen, Ibiki and Kakashi stood in the darkened room.

"Told ya." Kakashi commented as he read the pages of his orange book.

"I still think we should pull the plug..." Ibiki piped up.

"Kakashi, make sure she is aware at the slightest use of that power she will be disqualified." Hiruzen ordered, and he bobbed his head in response. "We'll hold steady for now... I requested Jiraiya to come so he can seal that bite and we have anbu stationed all over to find Orochimaru. Now let's sound the alarm and begin the next step." Hiruzen stood adjusting his hat and led them out of the room.

Kiba turned to see Naru stumbling in with Sasuke supporting her. 'Knew you'd make it Naru!' Kiba grinned as they stood next to his team.

"Pay attention you all!" Anko's voice sounded, they turned to find their sensei's, Hiruzen, Ibiki, Anko and two additional jounin standing before them. "I first will say congratulations on surviving. I expected single digits, but still." Anko waved her hand.

A jounin with brown hair that framed his pale face that had dark bags under his eyes stepped forward giving a cough.

"My name is Gekkou Hayate and now we will move to the preliminary rounds."
"Preliminary? Why?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah, we've all worked to the bone, why can't we just participate?" Shikamaru seconded.

"There are too many, it seems this year's tests were too easy." Hayate explained earning a dirty look from Ibiki and Anko alike.

"Chunin exams gather people from afar who wish to see the promising new chunin from villages, if we moved on with the 24 of you the exam would take days and people would lose interest." Hiruzen explained.

"From this point on, teams are not required, so if you've had enough of this you may quit now and will not affect your teammates."

"Naru, go." Sasuke whispered, she turned looking at him confused. "You need to quit, your body can't take much more, you just woke up and -"
"Sasuke, I know what I can handle, so just stop."
"I know you can handle it, but I don't want to see you hurt. Who knows what that thing could do to you...I can't - I mean."
"Just stop." Naru turned back and suppressed a flinch as the mark pulsed.

'Kurama, what is this thing?'

"You mean the pure darkness that you willingly gave into?" He sneered. "From what I can tell it's a mark that corrupts the users energy, making it double in power but also corrupts the users mind and chakra."

"If it doubles my strength that's a good thing.."
"No, it's not. You already have more chakra reserves than most, and in its own way is volatile, now add dark energy corrupting that even more, who knows what kind of monster you'll become. Like I said, you were stupid to let it in."
"Sorry." She murmured, disappearing from the fox.

"Alright, if no one is surrendering, we will have 12 matches, the battle will continue until one quits, is unable to fight or even killed. The matches will be randomly generated," He paused gesturing to the screen behind him. "You may move to the sides to watch."

They watched the screen fly through their names before displaying Kankuro Vs Tsurugu Misumi.

"Alright, first up." Kankuro commented, Hayate gestured and let the others move to the sides, Naru blinked as Kakashi pulled her back to him, she frowned as he leaned down with his lips nearly touching her ear.

"If that mark displays or you try to use that power, I will intervene and you will be disqualified, understand?" Naru paused as his keen eye moved from her face to her neck, she slid her hand up touching above the area and gave a head bob before she looked back to the fight that was beginning below.

Kabuto sighed deeply as he leaned against the wall next to his team sensei.

"Listen, I get the anger Orochimaru-sama, but perhaps this could be a better option." He whispered, keeping his eyes trained on the fight to avoid any attention.

"I need the sharingan, that is the key to my plans." He hissed angrily, gripping his arm glaring at Naru before looking away.

"Hm, do you really? I get the sharingan holds unlimited powers and skills potentially, but a jinchuuriki, especially this jinchuuriki has much more to offer."

"How do you figure?"

Kabuto smiled, adjusting his spectacles and eyed Naru from across the room. "The chakra reserves, power, enhanced healing, plus this jinchuuriki has the extra ability not yet awakened with her clan name. It's well known the Uzumaki's were known for their longevity, sealing ability and more, just like the other Uzumaki here." He whispered, Orochimaru hummed quietly, turning his sights to her. "She overcame the near death of the seal." Kabuto chuckled. "And bonus Sasuke is clearly madly in love with the girl,"
"Why should I care about puppy love?"

"Well, if we get Naru whether by choice or force, Sasuke could be desperate to save her, even blindly walk into a trap, you could keep her and take the sharingan."

Orochimaru hummed before sighing. "Have you found my lost pet?"

"Not yet, Naru and Sasuke killed the others, but Dosu escaped, I'll find him and ensure he-"

"Kill him." Kabuto thinned his lips. "Remove him before he becomes a liability, or your head will replace his."

Naru watched as Sasuke faced off against Shiba from Kusagakure, but of course due to skill on the sharingan he easily avoided the genin's earth style jutsu and knocked him unconscious using his Shishi rendan.

Naru sat by the railing watching as four matches tumbled on, immediately after Sasuke's was Sakura against Ino, which turned into a drawn out battle based on their years of friendship and rivalry over Sasuke and clearly unspoken emotions, ending with both girls knocking themselves out with no winner of that round. Following was Shino battling Mubi from the Rain team, Shikamaru battling Karin from the Grass team, and finally Chouji against Kabuto who turned out to be ruthless and have great chakra control proven by nearly cutting Chouji's organs with his chakra alone.

"He is off putting." Sasuke mumbled, Naru hummed watching Kabuto walk out of the room in haste.

"He's hiding something."

"Next match!" Hayate called out, drawing their attention to the screen as it spun through the names before stopping.

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!?!" Kiba's voice echoed the room as his name was displayed above Naru's. Sasuke leaned forward smirking at the boy who was pulling at his hair before he hopped down to the center and mumbled curses as he waited.

"Be careful, but kick his ass." Sasuke whispered.

"Heed my advice Naru." Kakashi called as she sprung from the balcony landing across from Kiba.

"I hate this, but with no other option I'm sorry babe, but I'll just have to beat you, but I promise I'll take you out for dinner." Kiba winked at Naru, she arched her brow at his 'babe' comment.
"Let's just start." She grumbled giving a tiny wince at the pulse in her neck.

"Begin!" Both shot from their spots preparing to throw a punch and block, their hands smacked together and pushed against each other. Naru pulled back and kicked his knee making him buckle. Akamaru yapped before springing forward, his body spinning rapidly before he slammed into Naru's side. She cried out in pain stumbling to the side before Kiba let out a howl and sliced upwards, his fist connecting to Naru's jaw. She fell backwards and slumped on the floor.

"Sorry again babe, no hard feelings, but I warned ya." Kiba smirked rubbing his nose, Sasuke gripped the bars in a death grip glaring at the fight.

Naru pushed up touching the cut on her jaw, her eyes widened at the tiny stain of blood before looking at Kiba wide eyed, she let out a shaky breath before covering her eyes and letting out an audible cry.

Kiba let out a low whine as the spectators murmured in confusion. "I'm sorry, Naru I - argh!" Kiba raced forward, going to touch Naru's shoulder before he caught sight of the mischievous grin on her face and both of her feet shot up into his stomach sending him in the air. She sprung up kneeing his stomach again and shoved back as he crashed into the ground below.

"Learn to expect the unexpected." Naru commented, Sasuke let out a loud HA! Before he could stop it, a blush decorated his cheeks.

"Alright then, playtime is over." Kiba grumbled rubbing his tender stomach. "Akamaru, come!" The small pup stood next to his master before a puff of smoke enveloped him then cleared to reveal a clone of Kiba.

"Gatsūga!" Kiba cried out slamming a smoke bomb to the floor enveloping the area in dark smoke, Naru peered through the haze and cried out as Kiba and Akamaru slammed into her repeatedly until she collapsed to the ground, both standing above her with devious smiles on their faces.

"Get up Naru! Kick his ass! CHA!!!" Sakura yelled, Naru pushed up slowly rifling into her pouch producing a handful of kunai and threw them towards the two, Kiba deflected the blade with his own repeating it with each she threw until the ground was littered with weapons.

"Come on babe, you were top of the academy and this is the best ya got?" Kiba taunted.

"No," Naru commented and focused as Akamaru and Kiba launched forward, Kiba shot towards Naru about to punch her once more before the cry of Akamaru sounded, he stumbled and whirled around finding Akamaru tangled in wires that glowed with chakra.

Naru shot forward letting chakra cover her hand and used Kiba as a springboard heading for the transformed pup, her chakra slammed into his chest and flung him back.

"Akamaru!!" Kiba yelled as the transformation released and Akamaru laid unconscious. Kiba scooped his pup into his arms before letting out a growl glaring at Naru.

"I came to win," Naru commented.

"So did I." He growled, laying his comrade down and shot forward. Naru blinked at his speed and cried out as he slammed into her body, throwing her to the ground. Naru whimpered as her head smacked harshly into the concrete, Kiba grabbed her arm hauling her up and flung her to the ground.

Naru pushed up ready to spring forward before the mark pulsed, she cried out in pain gripping the spot, Kakashi glared as the black flames began to creep along her face.

You have to cut off your chakra, go to taijutsu, the mark is eating your chakra. Kurama advised. Naru let out a cry as she slowed the flow of chakra, the mark glowed and remained on her face. 'Come on, come on!' Naru pleaded in her mind, Sasuke let out a low huff seeing the mark on her once again.

"It's using her chakra isn't it?" Sasuke asked glancing at Kakashi who gave a small head bob.

"Come on Naru! You got this!" Sakura cheered once more, Naru pushed up slowly feeling the mark drain her chakra and grow stronger. Orochimaru smirked, staring down at Naru as she struggled against the mark's pulsing. 'The more she uses the chakra, the faster it'll drain her even with that Uzumaki bloodline.'

Kiba hesitated before throwing a kunai at her, Naru screamed in pain as the blade punctured her shoulder. She growled lowly letting red chakra cover her arm, the seal slid along the bubbling armor shining before staining it. She flung her arm forward letting it slam into Kiba and threw him to the ground pressing him down as he gasped for air.

"She's gonna lose control again." Sasuke warned leaning forward about to spring from his spot and stop her before Kakashi's hand gripped his shirt.

"Don't be so quick to come to her rescue, only when she needs it. Or you'll really lose her." He murmured. "She's got excellent control and mastery, calm yourself."

Kiba whimpered in pain struggling to breathe, Naru landed above him, her eyes glinting dangerously. "N...Naru." He rasped.

"Snap out of it!" Sasuke called, Naru flinched at the call before she glanced over to him then back at Kiba, her eyes widening in horror as the chakra fell from her arm releasing the boy to take in deep gulps of air.

"Oh... oh my I-" She stuttered, the mark moving back slightly.

Kiba bucked up, throwing her back once more and kneeled over her raising his fist. "Go down easy, and get help." He whispered, Naru began to pant before shooting her arms up grabbing his face, yanking him forward pressing a kiss on lips. Sasuke scowled at the sight as Kiba stiffened before the tension left his shoulders. Naru broke the contact before bringing her fists up and punched his jaw. He fell to the side on his back and let out a small chuckle, a shaky grin on his face and his face beet red. Naru stood slowly, her legs buckling at her weight.

"Inuzuka Kiba," Hayate called, walking up to the boy waiting for his response and received only a goofy giggle. "Due to inability to continue, or lack of will to, Uzumaki Naru is the winner." He announced, Sasuke smiled at Naru who stared up at him, a grateful smile on her face. She watched the nurses pick up Kiba and Akamaru and disappear around the corner. She glanced at her arm still covered in the black flame, Orochimaru glared at her head before focusing his own chakra.

Naru took in a deep breath before letting out a scream falling to her knees holding her neck. Sasuke jumped down followed by Kakashi, he scooped her in his arms as she nearly convulsed in his grip.
"Kakashi-" Naru's screams turned into choking, she gripped Sasuke's shoulder nuzzling his jaw, tears running down her cheeks.

"Sleep." Kakashi whispered, pressing two fingers on the back of her neck, her eyes rolled up and she passed out.

"What did you do?"

"I used a chakra point and put her under, I'll take it from here."

"No, I'm going with her!" Sasuke protested.

"No, you'll stay and watch the matches and find out more information for her. I'll protect her, I promise." He smiled at the boy and scooped her up before disappearing.

-o0o-

Sasuke found his foot tapping as Hiruzen congratulated the 11 winners and their great efforts. "You each will draw a slip of paper from this bucket." Ibiki announced standing in front of them with a clipboard in his hand, each genin took a slip leaving one last one in the bucket. "Read the number out loud."

Sasuke eyed the number 9 written on his piece while listening as they went down the row. "9." He supplied.

"Alright, due to there being an uneven number between you all, one will receive an additional match."
"Are you trying to say this is gonna be some tournament style? Only one winner?" Shikamaru squinted.

"Yes, that is the form, but there won't be only one."

"How so?"
"During the matches select chunin and jounin and Hokage-sama will be overseeing the matches and at the completion will meet and discuss if you truly have the qualifications of an honorable chunin, even if you lose your match." Ibiki flipped the paper over showing them the results of the numbers.

Neji vs Misumi

Shikamaru vs Temari

Naru vs Yori

Shino vs Kankuro

Sasuke vs Gaara

Shikamaru vs Kabuto

"Why do I get the extra match?" Shikamaru questioned with a small groan.

"Luck of the draw."

"So, we move on now?" Kankuro questioned.

"No, now you will receive a month of training and rest then you will partake in the final rounds." Hiruzen explained. "This will give you all time to rest, our guests to arrive and preparations of all kinds." He smiled. 'And for us to ensure the safety of our ninja.' He eyed Sasuke who glared at the paper. "Dismissed and again, congratulations."

Sasuke whirled on his heel and rushed out with Sakura running behind him. "What will you do Sasuke-kun?"
"Find Naru, that's all I care about." He walked into the medic wing and huffing at the absence of Naru and Kakashi alike.

"Maybe she went to the hospital.." Sakura murmured.

Orochimaru waltzed into the infirmary, finding Kiba and Akamaru still passed out. 'A might childish, but the display of chakra she wields... perhaps she'll be of use to me yet, that bloodline might create that perfect ninja,' He turned eyeing the red headed girl who rubbed her skin and wiped tears from her eyes. "Hello Karin." He hissed, reveling in the fear she emitted.

-o0o-

Sasuke eyed Kakashi and the other white haired ninja standing in the hospital room, Naru still asleep but with a tag on her head with a seal painted.

"So, you two want to take me and Naru out of the village for training... why?"
"Could you stop being so untrusting for once." Kakashi drawled. "One on one training and you'll be in close proximity to your Naru-chan." He teased as the Uchiha's cheeks flared. "In all seriousness, you and possibly now Naru are in a big mess and we're the ones who'll keep you safe."

"Fine." Sasuke muttered before sitting on Naru's bed and stared at her. 'I'll protect you myself, no one will get you, no matter what I have to do.' 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 10.2K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
508K 16K 74
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
304K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

103K 2.4K 39
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...