𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐒 ➢...

By _devilishEJ_

** COMPLETED ** Nabina Rai has had an overall difficult life growing up. She got sick at a young age but got... More

• AESTHETICS •
- 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝟮 -
Ch. 1 - OMEGA
Ch. 2 - SHAPE SHIFTED
Ch. 3 - ICE PICK
Ch. 4 - ABOMINATION
Ch. 5 - VENOMOUS
Ch. 6 - FRENEMY
Ch. 7 - RESTRAINT
Ch. 8 - RAVING
Ch. 9 - PARTY GUESSED
Ch. 10 - FURY
Ch. 11 - BATTLEFIELD
Ch. 12 - MASTER PLAN
- 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝟯𝗔 -
Ch. 13 - TATTOO
Ch. 14 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 16 - UNLEASHED
Ch. 17 - FRAYED
Ch. 18 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 19 - CURRENTS
Ch. 20 - VISIONARY
Ch. 21 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 22 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 23 - ALPHA PACT
Ch. 24 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
- 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝟯𝗕 -
Ch. 25 - ANCHORS
Ch. 26 - MORE BAD THAN GOOD
Ch. 27 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 28 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 29 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 30 - RIDDLED
Ch. 31 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 32 - ECHO HOUSE
Ch. 33 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 34 - DE-VOID
Ch. 35 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 36 - THE DIVINE MOVE
- 𝗕𝗢𝗡𝗨𝗦 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 -

Ch. 15 - FIREFLIES

1.6K 66 6
By _devilishEJ_

Nabina's outfit:

꧁ 💥🖤🕯꧂

Chapter Fifteen
Fireflies

Somewhere within the woods, a girl named Caitlin stood around at a little camp area, calling out for her girlfriend. Hearing a low growl Caitlin turned to find a transformed Cora Hale stepping into the light, growling at her. But before Cora could do anything, Isaac jumped down making Cora look at him.

Isaac slowly looked up at her and smirked before running at her. Cora went to swipe at him but Isaac easily knocked her down and she looked up at him and growled loudly before getting back up. She grabbed him, tossing him back into a tree making him fall to the ground. He looked up at her as Scott jumped over him, kicking Cora to the ground.

Nabina walked up to them as the three werewolves all stood up, Cora growling at all of them. Cora turned as Derek stepped up and she growled at him, making him roar back at her. She quickly turned around and ran off into the woods making Derek, Isaac and Nabina quickly run after her.

A little while later Scott, Nabina, Isaac and Derek stood around the woods as Scott hung up a call with Stiles. Apparently Lydia found a freshly dead body at the pool. "This doesn't make any sense. The public pool is all the way on the other side of the woods. We haven't tracked them anywhere near there." Derek said, making them look at him.

"Derek, they killed someone." Scott said and Derek shook his head slightly, "How are they moving so fast?" Derek asked. "Derek-" Scott went to say but Derek cut him off, "They can't be that fast on foot." He said.

"They killed someone. Some totally innocent kid is dead... And it's our fault." Scott said and Derek sighed and shook his head, "It's my fault." He said. "We need help." Scott said and Derek glanced at Isaac and Nabina, "We have Nabina and Isaac now." He said and Scott shook his head.

"I mean real help!" Scott said, making Nabina scoff as she and Isaac looked at Scott offended. "They're too fast for us, for all of us. They're too strong, too rabid..." Scott said and Derek shook his head slightly, "We'll catch 'em." He said and Isaac raised his eyebrows.

"What happens if we do? We're just gonna make Nabina magically hold them down until the sun comes up?" Isaac asked Derek sighed, "Maybe it would be easier just to kill-" Derek started to say but Nabina cut him off. "No. We already lost Erica. We're not killing Boyd, and especially your little sister who you just got back after thinking she's been dead for over six years." Nabina said and Isaac sighed.

"What if it's the only thing to do? If we can't even catch them, what else can we do?" He asked and Scott shrugged slightly, "Find someone who knows what they're doing." He said, making them look at him.

"Who?" Derek asked and Scott looked at him, "Someone who knows how to hunt Werewolves."

Engine off, Derek and Nabina sat in the front seat of Derek's car while Issac sat in the back as they watched Scott talking to Argent just a few yards away. "You think this is going to work?" Isaac asked and Derek shook his head, "No." He said and Isaac nodded slightly.

"Me either. So... your sister." Isaac started making Derek slowly turn an incredulous gaze on Isaac while Nabina just chuckled. "Sorry. Bad timing. I'll ask later." Isaac said and Derek raised his eyebrows slightly making Isaac's eyes widen slightly, "Or never. I'm good with never."

Back in the woods, Argent drops an equipment bag on the ground in front of Scott, Isaac, Derek, and Nabina before kneeling to examine the numerous prints in the dirt. "You've been tracking them by print?" He asked and Nabina shrugged slightly, "Trying to." She said.

"Then you've been wasting your time. The only creature on earth that can visually track footprints is man. And if you're not trained like me you have no idea that this print is Boyd's and these-" Argent said as he pointed at a footprint, "Are Cora's." Isaac said confidently.

"No, they're yours. You trampled Cora's when you first walked over here." Argent said and Isaac lifts his foot to back up then doesn't seem to know where to step making Nabina quietly chuckle. "Listen, I know the three of you..." Argent said looking at Scott, Derek and Isaac, "Are focusing half your energy on resisting your own urges under the full moon, but that puts you at a severe disadvantage to Boyd and Cora, who have fully given in. They put the pedal to the floor where you three are barely hitting the speed limit."

"So what do we do?"

"Focus on your sense of smell. Actual wolves are known to track their prey by up to a hundred Miles a day by scent. A trained hunter can use scent to track them. If the wind is with them, wolves can track a scent by a distance of two Miles, which means we can draw them to us... Or into a trap. Full moon does give us one advantage. They'll have a higher heat signature, which makes them easier to spot with infrared." Argent said as he tossed Derek some night vision goggles.

"Thanks but I've got my own." Derek said, flashing his red eyes as he handed the goggles to Nabina who looked down at them before shrugging slightly.

"Just remember we're not hunting wild animals. Underneath those impulses are two intelligent human beings. Don't think they can't rely on that human side. It's suppressed but it's there. Reminding them how to mask their own scent. How to cover their tracks. How to survive."

Stepping toward the edge of the cliffside, Argent and the others look out to the brilliant lights of the town. "When was the last time you saw your sister?" Argent asked looking at Derek, "Not in years. I thought she died in the fire." Derek said.

"You feel like you have a lock on her scent?" Argent asked and Derek shook his head and Argent looked at Nabina, "Have you learned any tracking spells yet?" He asked and she sighed. "I have but they're tricky." She said and Argent nodded slightly, "Scott, how confident are you in your skills?" He asked.

"Honestly? Most of the time I'm trying not to think about all of the things I can smell." Scott said and Argent sighed, "All right, our real problem is when they breach the woods and hit the residential areas. Once they're past the high school they're right in the middle of Beacon Hills." Argent explained. "They're not going to kill everything they see, are they?" Isaac asked and Argent shook his head.

"No. But there's an important difference to recognize. Wolves hunt for food. At a certain point they get full. Boyd and Cora are hunting for the pleasure of the kill. For some primal, apex predatory satisfaction that comes from ripping a warm body to bloody shreds. And who knows when that need is satiated."

"We can't kill them." Nabina said and Derek glanced at her, "What if we can't catch them?" He asked and Argent thought for a second. "Then maybe we just need to contain them." He turns back to the city below them, thinking. "There's no one in the school at night, is there?" He asked and Derek raised his eyebrows slightly, "You want to trap them?" Derek asked and Argent nodded.

"If there's somewhere with a strong enough door. No windows or access to the outside." Argent said, "What about the boiler room? It's one big steel door." Isaac suggested making them look at him. "You're sure the school's empty?" Argent asked and Nabina shrugged slightly, "There shouldn't be." She said.

A few minutes later, Argent grabbed something and stabbed it into the ground. "These are ultrasonic emitters- it's one of the tools we use to corral Werewolves, pushing them into a direction we want them to run." Argent said before turning it on.

"It gives off a high-pitched frequency that only they can hear." Argent said, smirking in amusement when he looked up to see Isaac, Scott and Derek covering their ears in pain, "God, no kidding!" Isaac groaned. Nabina cringed as she held her head slightly before looking at Argent. "Can you turn that off? I can hear it through their thoughts." She said.

A couple minutes later Argent was passing them all some of the emitters, "These are gonna drive them to the school?" Nabina asked as she took one and Argent nodded, "And then, it's up to you to get them into the basement."

"Does anyone else want to rethink the plan where we just, uh... kill them?" Isaac asked making his girlfriend give him a dirty look before pinching his arm, making him hiss in pain slightly while rubbing his arm.

"It's going to work. It'll work."

Nabina stabbed an emitter into a tree before walking up to the school, watching as Scott flipped off a bus, stabbing an emitter into the ground. "So dramatic." Nabina mumbled while rolling her eyes as she walked past him before throwing her second emitter into the ground by the school sign.

They met up with Isaac before walking over to the school doors and opening them to reveal the dark and empty hallways. The three of them looked at each other and nodded before running back, Isaac ran off in one direction while Scott and Nabina stopped by Argent.

"Do you see that?" Argent asked making them follow his line of sight to see a firefly, "Yeah. It's a firefly." Scott said and Argent shook his head slightly. "No, no, I know, it..." Argent trailed off making Scott raise his eyebrows, "What?" He asked. "It's, uh... it's very unusual. The, uh, Californian fireflies aren't bioluminescent." Argent said and Scott looked confused, making Nabina sigh.

"They don't glow." She said and Scott furrowed his brows slightly, "Does that mean something?" He asked and Nabina shrugged slightly before they heard a distant howl.

Isaac stood outside the school before hearing growling coming from behind him making him sigh. "Oh great..." He mumbled as he turned around to find Boyd and Cora standing there, growling at him. Isaac got ready for a fight but Argent drove up, honking his horn at them. They ran towards the school making Derek, who was standing in the hallway, turn to the doors.

Boyd and Cora ran up and looked at them before suddenly jumping up to the roof. "They're not going through the school..." Nabina said and Scott nodded slightly, "They're going over it." He said before they ran over to Derek. "The back doors- someone has to get them open." Argent said and Derek nodded before running into the school.

"Someone has to drive them inside." Nabina said and Argent nodded, "I'll go." He said while holding up a stun baton. "No, I'm faster." Isaac said and Nabina nodded, "I'll come with you. I think I can keep up." She said. Isaac nodded slightly before grabbing her and the two of them ran off.

Cora and Boyd jumped down by the buses before all of the sudden flash bang arrows started going off around them. Allison walked along the roof of a bus, shooting arrows at the ground around the two betas. The two werewolves completely caught off guard and temporarily blinded by each flash before running off into the school.

Isaac and Nabina quickly ran up, shutting the doors. Isaac put something through the handles while Nabina turned around to look at Allison, who looked at them. Her eyes widened before quickly running away, making Nabina chuckle lightly. "I don't think someone's supposed to be out right now." She said as she looked at Isaac in amusement.

Boyd and Cora ran through the halls of the school before Derek suddenly shot out, slamming his sister into the lockers. Boyd stopped and turned to them as Derek shoved Cora to the ground. Boyd roared at him and Argent turned the corner, holding up his stun baton before Scott jumped down the stairs.

Derek and Scott stepped forward as Boyd and Cora growled at them, "Come and get us." Derek said before he and Scott ran off, making Boyd and Cora follow them. Scott and Derek ran down the stairs to the basement before opening up the boiler room and running in while Boyd and Cora ran after them.

Boyd and Cora slowly walked down the stairs of the boiler room before all of the sudden Derek and Scott blasted them with a fire extinguisher. The moment the fire extinguishers ran out, the two glanced at each other before dropping the fire extinguishers, running back over to the door and slamming it shut and locking it.

They waited for a minute as the werewolves banged on the door before it got quiet. "Did that actually work?" Scott asked and Derek nodded slightly, "It worked." He said, making Scott sigh in relief. Scott paused slightly as he slightly turned his head, focusing on his hearing.

"What are you hearing?" Derek asked and Scott furrowed his brows slightly, "Heartbeats..." He said and Derek raised his eyebrows slightly. "Both of 'em?" He asked and Scott shook his head slightly, "Actually... three of them." He said making Derek's eyes widen slightly before reaching for the door making Scott look at him.

"What are you doing?" He asked, "Close the door behind me and keep it shut." Derek said and Scott stepped forward slightly. "You go in there alone... you're either gonna kill them, or they kill you." Scott said and Derek looked at him.

"That's why I'm going in alone." He said before unlocking the door and quickly running into the boiler room and Scott quickly closed the door and locked it again.

Outside, Isaac and Nabina suddenly heard a loud roar, making them look at each other before quickly running in the direction. "Scott!" Isaac called out as they ran down the hallways before Nabina stopped as she looked out the window. "The sun's coming up." She said as she looked over at Isaac, whose eyes widened and smiled.

"Scott! The sun's coming up!" He yelled before grabbing Nabina's and running over to the stairs of the basement to see Scott run into the boiler room making them quickly run after him.

They ran down the stairs to find Boyd and Cora passed out on the ground and Derek on his knees covered in slash marks breathing heavily. "There's a teacher... I'll take care of her. Get them out of here." Derek said weakly, making them glance at each other before Scott and Isaac moved to get Boyd while Nabina went to Cora.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 12.3K 121
** COMPLETED ** Growing up in Beacon Hills, Wren Martin's life was as normal as any teenagers. With her sister Lydia, and her two best friends, Scott...
257K 9K 67
** COMPLETED ** Transferring to Beacon Hills High from Davenford Prep, Avalon Dunbar knew life wasn't gonna be the same. But she never expected her l...
7.4K 98 23
Luna Fides, daughter to Rose Fides who has been hiding and burying herself in work so she wouldn't have to face the questions of what they are to her...
251K 7.7K 45
** COMPLETED ** Ivory Lahey was bitten in sophomore year along side her brother, except she isn't exactly the same as him. But when he stayed in Fran...