Emerald

By Firehedgehog

Fresh ends in a AU without monsters. with a desperate need of a new host. So he takes a blind desperate jump... More

Prologue: A new Host
Chapter One: Something Wrong
Chapter Two: This child of Mine
Chapter Three: Jewels
Chapter Four: All that Jazz
Chapter Five: Demented Dementors Batman Part 1
Chapter Five: Demented Dementors Batman Part 2
Chapter Six: Its all in the name Part 1
Chapter Six: Its all in the name Part 2
Interlude: Shh... no peeking
Chapter Seven: A Start of a beautiful friendship
Chapter Eight: A Lonely Fresh
Chapter Nine: Those that exist
Interlude: Once Upon a time...
Chapter Ten: Grey beneath the colors
Chapter Eleven: My Mind is ever Breaking
Chapter Thirteen: Possibilities of sunset
Chapter Fourteen: come away o child

Chapter Twelve: END

276 27 4
By Firehedgehog

This, is a new Arc. The third Arc of this series. managed to finish this latest chappy with RedSova making sure I didn't much up too many points in our series

It woke as existence began.

A beginning before the first end.

There was nothing, yet a promise of everything.

Life, death, worlds... none of that existed yet,

It knew its reason for existence, they were an aspect. They existed for as long as they should, and no longer. They could not die, technically they could be destroyed but how they could not perceive yet.

Yet, those things held no meaning to it.

Time began and ended, this existence not strong enough to spawn anything but to exist.

They grabbed existence and ate it, ripping it all apart and exhaling the cleansed existence to be rebuilt/reset and restart.

No, it didn't taste like chicken.

It took a very long many cycles, for chicken to even exist.

They met many other aspects, Greater and lesser.

It did not like Fate who formed when the first sentient beings breathed there first in one cycle, there were many Fates but many rubbed it.. yes rubbed it the wrong way.

Then things started to get more interesting, it was almost sad to eat that existence as they had been very entertaining.

Then other existences started to exist, it got a lot more complicated and it got much more to watch during it duty.

It was then that it saw it, the first world was finally evolving.

Culture!

So much color! So Much ART!

It loved it, it had to visit.

When it appeared it blinked realizing they had appeared in the body of a monster. Bit quite a child, one that would be getting closer to the age of leaving stripes it thought it had heard monsters say.

Curious it found a reflective surface and saw itself for the first time, oh... this was it.

No, this was his face.

A small skeleton with large unnatural emerald colored eye lights, they had a strange silvery scarf around there neck, that then fell down to there knees.

And nothing else.

Well.. that wouldn't do, the strange beings that existed fully withing existence had weird taboos about nakedness. He remembered Light being grumpy about it. Aspects didn't need clothes, well.. other then when they had a body.

He tugged at a tiny bit of existence and clothing appeared on there body.

They paused frowning, taking in a ragged black cloak and hood that covers to his boots, his boots weer also black. Strange, they tugged at his memories.. yet he had never seen it before.

They shook those thoughts away, pulling there hood down to hide there skull and shadow there face. They entered the crowds, apparently this place was celebrating something which why so much art was gathered.

At the door of the main gallery people at to sign in apparently, as the city was trying to keep track of visitors for some reason.

"Name?" The guard at the sign in asked, he blinked and had to think. He was, he existed... as an aspect he did not need a name.

"END," he, no END replied.

Not really a name, but near enough to what he was.

------

END learned many things, such as yet the body he was in was male. But shape shifting came easily to Aspects, or once they were called Forth Greater Incarnations so gender was just like a suit of clothes to them.

He was also the only aspect to pull forth by themselves from the Abyssal Chaos without help by The One, cool guy and rather liked the concept of Free Will.

Greater darkness was a nerd, and he had the urge to call him an Otaku.

He was like this Golden retriever without a dog form in personality though.

Greater Existence, was like an Admin... the one cursed with all the paperwork.

Then there was the twins, the youngest of the Greater Incarnations... it was like having two adorable baby sibs!

------

Things become stranger as he got used to having a body, the concept of time began to become familiar. END found that he even had favourite foods, even though he didn't actually have to eat.

Yet...

He was lonely.

The Other Greater Incarnations would continue to exist, even when he ate and restarted everything but... he was lonely.

Which was strange, as he'd never really sought out company due to his job across reality.

As time went on, he found himself about to speak to someone. Yet no one was there, no one ever had for END.

He pushed that away, and began to explore more into different multiverses.

"Heya Broski!" a voice said, END turned and blinked as he came across his first Fresh.

Why did it make his soul sad?

------

"What do you mean there dead?" END cried in shock, Existence shifted unhappily.

"They have passed, murdered," she admitted.

"But there Greater Incarnations, how can one of us be murdered... were freaking parts of reality?" END asked confused.

"I am sorry, I know you liked Soul and Soulless," Greater Existence replied.

"I'd know if they were truly gone," END snarled, and fled.

------

It was days later when he came out of a haze of depression tears falling down his face, it was night with a beautiful array of stars above.

"They can't be gone right?" END whispered, remembering how kind and powerful the twins had been to everyone.

"Wait... people are still being born with new souls," END said in shock, it should be obvious as if the twins were truly gone all beings would only have reincarnation if they were truly dead. He shifted into a more less stable body more eldritch as he slipped through layers of reality, jumping from the mortal realms known as Lower Realms. To the OverRealm, then lower... past the Inbetween and even deeper.

There it was every flowing golden and beautiful, the sea of souls.

Souls were still flowing in and out but without the mental tag of personal, more automatic...

He smirked...

The twins were still alive.

------

END watched as a young godling carefully set up the seed of a new multiverse, there face filled with excitement as it started to sprout from the beings attention.

END did not show themselves of interfere, as he could feel The Ones touch on them.

"Godling.. right, and I'm a flying monkey," END snorted, since The One was going with the twins being truly dead he'd stay silent... he wondered just who he was hiding this being from with silence.

He left, leaving the Lesser God to concentrate on there growing multiverse.

A being, who would one day be known as Shell.

------

"What is a being like you doing here?" a child's voice asked.

END blinked and turned, a strange child in white with bits of gold was standing there... a strange lantern in there hand.

"Watching..." END said and he was, he was sitting in a rather new multiverse watching what would become the original world here. In the distance was the human-monster original world, the monsters fighting and loosing and slowly retreating.

"Huh... I rarely get to see this," the child said.

"See that, that starts the final countdown to the monsters being sealed," END said pointing to a set of human mages, seven of them with magic vibrating almost angrily around them.

"The magic there using feels disgusting."

"It is, it was born of unwilling sacrificed beings.. humans will call it blood magic. After this the humans find themselves cursed, and loose the ability to use magic in all ways due to there abuse and sealing away magics chosen," END explained, he rather liked reading the background of worlds in the codes.

"So determination isn't remnants of magic?" the child asked.

"In some multiverses or AU's. But not in this one," END replied.

"Its a bit sad."

"Do not pity them, the humans brought it on themselves and they evolve better without magic," END said getting up, turning to speak to them "You are Retconned are you not, the child who someone became an aspect to other Goth's.. somehow joining all of reality from the first reality?"

"Yes, I am Retconned. This run a Goth was born, it was nice to actually walk around again. And you are?" Retconned asked, looking up with there singular purple eye.

"I am END," END said, and then left feeling strangely upset for some reason about this Retconned.

------

This multiverse was coming to its end, the darkly garbed figure walked among the crumbling anti-void as AU"s crashed. There form had shifted more adult as it did, his age seemed to vary depending on where in a places life it was.

He finally came to where he'd wanted, broken blue strings lay everywhere there soul contents missing. Emerald eyes sought out the owner, who lay slumped against a beanbag chair there mismatched gaze broken.

"Why did you give up.. you were close to winning. No more Creation, no more destruction would be needed?" END asked, the Error aka the Destroyer blinked and stared at him.

"They called me a monster, but they killed the only thing making me want to win," Error said laughing darkly, his hand clutching a worn puppet of Nightmare.

"I'm sorry for your loss, there is only minutes to go and everything here will cease to be," END told the monster.

"Here.." Error said shoving the puppet at END, the being blinked in surprise.

"Why give it to me?"

"I want someone to remember this place..." Error said with a sad sigh, then dusted finally free of his Fate.

"I always remember..."

------

"Are... the Fresh having a Fresh convention?" END said in disbelief.

"RAAAD!" a Fresh using a swap sans shouted running past.

Nearby a Greater Incarnation was glaring, Time if he remembered right. "Time, I greet you."

"Ah END, I great you," Time said, then going back to glaring at all the Fresh.

"Do I want to know, Just an annoying day. Some of my time sand was stolen by an unknown, then some more was stolen by the Original Fresh so he could pull this off... almost every Fresh to ever exist will pop here," Time scowled.

"Wait.. how did either Fresh or the Thief get into the OverRealm?" END said in disbelief.

"Fresh.. because its Fresh," Time hissed "As for the thief I don't know."

"Huh.. anyway on duty got to go," END said leaving, Time returned to Fresh glaring.

Due to this, END missed a rather fragile looking Fresh wondering in and looking around hopefully before there face fell.

"Em..."

------

"Marry me"

Since END at that moment looked like a six year old child, as this was a healthy new Omniverse.

"Are... you high on something?" END asked confused, staring at the Incarnation that was just walked up to him with sparkling eyes and asked the question.

"No, but your perfect, so chaotic.. so ever changing. Clearly a gift from the Abyssal Chaos to I Chaos," the being said.

"Order got angry at you again didn't they?" END said dryly.

"Order... why," Chaos said curling into a ball and crying.

"There... there?" END said confused, patting the beings shoulder, Chaos clung to him so he couldn't even escape.

It was a start.. of.. something.

------

"Order Order Loook!" Chaos said holding END up like he was a Teddy bear, his form still a tiny child as he was in the OverRealm.

"Yes... Its END, who apparently you kidnapped" Order sighed at there twin sibling.

"He dragged me all the way from the LowerRealm," END sighed, aka the mortal realm.

"But he's so adorable," Chaos said butterflies and flowers spawning around him, Order absently slapped one flower away from his face.

"Can I keep him?" Chaos asked.

"He's not a pet, put him down," Order demanded.

"Noooo, I'm keeping him," Chaos said hugging END, then blinked realizing END was missing from said arms and he was hugging an actual teddy bear.

"Huh... neat trick," Order mused about the older Incarnation.

"He gave me a Teddy Bear! It must mean we're friends," Chaos gasped excited.

------

The next for eons, were... interesting...

He got use to his brand new stalk.. er.. friend..

Chaos grew on you, like fungus.

Yet again, the other was a child. Or as much a child as Incantations could be, as age was an image really for beings such as them.

Order was the more mature of the two, and kept Chaos mostly under control.

Neither of them were quite sure how Chaos caused a Potato multiverse to spawn, nor how he accidentally ended it by roasting a potato.

Both liked there sanity.

Yet...

It was nice.

------

Eons passed...

They were not too noticeable, as time was elastic to END.

He got used to Chaos random appearances, the random date requests.

Well... and the marriage proposals.

Chaos was Chaos, the many strange chaotic things that happened while they met up were always interesting.

Chaos still had no idea how he gave the anti-void and void, monster forms briefly in one multiverse. The local Inks breakdown in panic was hilarious.

"Go on a date with me?" Chaos asked.

Eons had passed and END was use to this question, he turned to give his usual polite no and paused. When... had Order and Chaos grown up? Order was against the wall staring at them with a strange look, Chaos was in front of him with a serious face missing his usual sparkles and flowers.

Chaos wasn't a child anymore, Order gave him a half smile and a shrug.

"One date," END told him.

"Thank you!" Chaos squealed happily, grabbed him and kissed him on his mouth. END blushed heavily in shock, as that had been his first kiss.

"Uh..." END managed wide eyed.

------

One date turned into two. Two into three, then... more then he could count.

Chaos always put a lot of thought into any dates he planned, knowing him he'd been planning these dates since he asked his twin 'Can I keep him?' all those eons ago. Order did give him the shovel talk, a very strange almost flattering shovel talk. If he hadn't exited for so long, he probably would have been horrified.

Order was a good brother for Chaos.

They also had a Fate for a sibling, one of the many Fates that existed and as always they were a deity, he had no idea how that sibling relationship started yet.

And then Chaos finally asked the marriage question again, more serious and actually meaning it.

END said yes.

The two of them bonded there energy together in a small ceremony with only Order there a short thirty years later, proclaiming themselves mates. END didn't have a temple of his own, but did move in with his mate.

His beloved mate had grown and matured so much since they met, there form tall and slender with arms strong enough to easily pick END up from his youngest to oldest ages and cuddle them.

It was perfect.

------

"I'm what!"

"Pregnant..."

"But.. how?" END said shocked, due to his own powers and Chaos powers they conflicted at a base level, but a soulling to be conceived?

"Well, when to being to the horizontal tango while soul sharing, ta day a soulling is sparked," Lesser Existence said with a grin.

"How far along.. and do you know what type of pregnancy?" END asked nervously, Chaos hadn't been able to come as his duties had kept him busy. Really, END had only been getting a checkup due to feeling off a lot lately.

"Unfortunately with Chaos as sire, the most I can tell is that your maybe two weeks from third month," she said.

"Thanks Esse, at least we have some warning," END replied.

"Go on, go tell that silly spouse of yours," she cheered, END laughed and left.

He couldn't wait to tell Chaos they were to be parents.

------

Chaos was thrilled.

He spun END in the air, smothering the shorter being in kisses.

Once that was done with the two of them quickly began to prepare a nursery, getting it ready for when they'd be born. He wondered how they would be born, and if it was a single child. As incarnations, this child could be born different ways. They could be born the soul way, where the carrier carried them the full nine months in there soul and at the end create a body a burst of magic. Fossil, where stone like fossils would form within the ribs and break open for the infant. Ecto, where his body would form a covering of energy/ecto and the child would form within there ecto belly. Then egg.. same as ecto except they'd form as an egg withing there body to be laid at the end.

Stars he hoped it wasn't egg.

Just a week or two, then they'd know.

------

Pain...

That was not something END was use to waking to.

Why did they feel so empty...

They remembered...

What did they remember?

They were attacked by Anarchy? Why... they had always gotten along with Anarchy?

The memories were fragmented, there was a vague memory of himself being enraged beyond belief and ripping Anarchy mind and body apart so badly there aspect would have to form a new mind.

No..

Stars no...

There body was missing that tiny perfect spark of there soullings soul...

"Chaos..." he rasped out painfully, slowly opening his eyes.

This.. was not his shared bedroom with Chaos, it was a guestroom in Order's side of of the temple.

"Your awake!" a voice said shocked, squinting END saw his brother in law.

"Order... where is Chaos?" he asked, he needed his husband as he knew his child was gone.

Orders face fell.

"I'm sorry..." Order said softly, and began to talk.

------

Grieving for a child was horrible.

Grieving for said child when your spouse couldn't support you was worse.

Chaos had gone insane when his child had been murdered and END had almost died, the destruction he wrought was apparent as a whole Omniverse was gone.

They'd stopped Chaos, yet.. they'd had to mind wipe him. To Chaos, he remembered everything in his life but END. They'd tried to keep END with him, but it set of his grief and more destruction.

All this due to Anarchy being obsessed with Chaos.

END had been in a coma for six months, many afraid his body would collapse and return to his aspect from the damage.

The mate bond was a frayed broken thing, collapsing unto itself. He was still bound to Chaos, there soul there magic, they'd loved each other enough to bond in other ways. Even the rare way where they took there more eldritch forms, merging into one being briefly.

They'd been that in love with each other.

He'd met Chaos once since awakening, it had been a shock to see uncaring looks on his husbands usually always happy face. There were no sparkles no flowers no I love you or hugs and kisses. A Stranger looked back, that frightened him on too many ways.

Did this count as being a widow without being a widow? He could never have another mate unless he allowed his body to cease to be or Chaos did, his body wouldn't even be able to form such attachments as romantic love now.

In the end he left, knowing he was a danger if he stayed in case he pulled the mind wipe away.

Also so he could grieve and heal, grieving for his unborn child and a husband who might as well be dead.

Order tried to ask him to stay so they could both grieve together, but he couldn't face seeing a stranger in his husbands body daily.

He said goodbye and left.

No one would see him for eons.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 1.6K 110
Try seeing things from another point of view... Fresh wants to feed off of a long lasting host, he wants to exist longer. How will he do this and how...
34.2K 1K 15
Harry Potter give up. Why save a world that would turn against you in the blink of an eye? Hero one moment, monster the next? He accepts his fate and...
29.4K 1.1K 26
What if thinks went just a little different when Error fell? What if someone really loved him? What if he loved someone even with all his positive em...
54.6K 2.1K 27
Finally Giving up on his quest to rid the multiverse of it's Aus, Error decides to just stick to the anti-void and ignore the problems of everyone el...