A Brother's Promise - Complete

By betheyes

Kahmunrah will stop at nothing at protecting Ahkmenrah, even if that means protecting him from family. An ene... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 - Final Chapter

Chapter 8

112 1 0
By betheyes

“They are going to freak! They arrived early” Nick exclaimed looking down at the two new arrivals, Larry only nodded unlocking the extra two sarcophagus which were in a connecting room to the three brothers. Dr McPhee had spoken to them earlier about how expensive these exhibits were and to keep an eye on the security. Larry had ensured they would be safe and he would make sure no break ins happened otherwise he wouldn’t know what to tell the police if they came across an alive skeleton Tyrannosaurus Rex. Even though the director knew that the museum came to life, it still baffled him that the skeleton did too, he himself certainly wouldn’t know what to say to the authorities too.

“How long until Sunrise?” Nick asked impatiently while fiddling with one of the padlocks which had been on one of the two sarcophagus. 

“Three minutes,” Larry answered, taking a seat at the desk in the main lobby while Nick sat on the counter, the two would start their rounds soon enough. But, first the brothers would be in for a surprise, the two hoped it would at least cheer the youngest up.

Those three minutes passed quickly and soon enough Rexy was roaring the night away waking many of them. Larry still had a lot on his mind and one major thing taking over his mind was speaking to the Egyptian brothers about an apology and potentially checking the tablet over. Since the museum had reawakened none of them had seen the tablet and the young king wasn’t sharing the location of it. 

Predictably Teddy was first to greet the two with Sacagewa joining him. Attila appeared with a smile and two full grown normal miniatures joined, still confused as to why they were the same height as the others. The question would need an answer but first that would require an Egyptian brother first. Which turned out that none of them felt like showing themselves at the moment. It was eerily quiet on the first floor and many exhibits seemed to be avoiding the Egyptian wing all together. 

Lancelot smirked coming to greet them all and share his wise words with Nick as he so claimed, he was shortly followed by none other than the youngest brother who was paler than normal and was wearing a scowl on his face. Ahkmenrah didn’t look very good and the others could tell, the young king was quite shocked to see Octavius and Jedidiah’s height. The pair of them greet the pharaoh in their own way.

“Hey Ahk, how are you feeling?” Larry asked, noticing the unsteady king. Ahkmenrah visibly shrugged, gesturing over to his shoulder in a sense to show his headache, there coming down the stairs was none other than Kahmunrah followed by a smiling Tahmunrah. The youngest moved into Teddy’s embrace, the president holding his pained son close, Ahk didn’t care as he snuggled close trying to block out any sounds possible.  The three brothers all looked miserable, their behaviour was a mixture of miserableness and glaring which would soon change as a jingle of jewellery was heard. All attention turned to the main stairs of the museum where none other than Merenkahre and Shepseheret. Two different noises admitted from two brothers, one was a happy grunt while the other was a groan of almost defeat. Larry felt himself moving to his own son's side. 

“Mother, Father. Can’t say I’ve missed you” Tahmunrah bluntly said with a fake smile, the two greeted their middle child with politeness knowing they were in public. Larry and the others were watching with mixed expressions especially when it came to Kahmunrah who smugly smiled at Tahmunrah which didn’t go unnoticed by their parents. 

“Kahmunrah, Tahmunrah. We have missed you both greatly” Shepseheret spoke with a genuine smile as she pulled her sons in for a gentle hug, the oldest didn’t say anything as he accepted the small ‘hug’ from his father, Merenkahre was watching their surroundings in a way to protect his family. 

“Where’s your brother?” Shepseheret asked, knowing they would only be alive due to her youngest son's tablet, a gift from the gods or as Ahkmenrah calls it, a curse from the gods. Shaking her head at her youngests words when he was given the tablet for the first time. Merenkahre turned to his oldest looking for answers, Kahmunrah sighed, moving his body out of the way to reveal his baby brother who was resting in the president’s arms. 

“Ahkmen?” 

The young king was so dazed he hadn’t realised who had entered the room nevermind listen to the conversation, a soft hand landed on his cheek and smooth gentle fingers brought his chin up to meet the same chocolate eyes he had. 

“Mother?”

Shepseheret could only nod as she tightened her grip on her youngest, her baby. Merenkahre would normally disapprove of this behaviour but as he took in his youngest son's body language he instantly knew something was up with Ahkmenrah. He was pale and looked off balance. With careful steps, Ahk climbed to his feet to greet his father when his vision blurred and the last thing he heard was his mother cry out as darkness filled his vision. 

“AHKMEN!” 

“AHK!” 

Two hours later…

Larry didn’t know what was more intimidating, sitting in a room with a glaring Kahmunrah or sitting in a room with a furious worried Egyptian family. Ahk was asleep on the sofa being watched by both his mother and Kahmunrah while Merenkahre spoke with Teddy in the corner of the room about his son’s health. 

“Does anybody know what’s wrong with him?” Sherpseheret asked the silent room, Sacagewa only shook her head placing another damp cloth on the feverish young king’s head. Ahk hadn’t moved a muscle since Kahmunrah had carried him from the lobby to the office. A few others were dotted around the room, these included Nick, Octavius, Jedidiah and Lancelot. Tahmunrah was nowhere in sight last Larry checked he was with Atilla learning a few things as he called it. 

“He has hinted a few times that something was wrong with the tablet but he will not show me it” Kahmunrah muttered running his fingers through his short hair, he was stressed. Shepseheret nodded, she dabbed Ahkmens lips to at least get some water in his system. The young king hadn’t even stirred and it was only concerning them some more. 

“Last night, me and Ahk came face to face with a shapeshifter, it mentioned something about Ahk not escaping its clutches of the red death. I don’t know if this information helps” Nick spoke up from beside Larry who nodded at his son in encouragement. Merenkahre had to stop himself from having a reaction while Shepseheret only tightened her grip on both of her sons. Kahmunrah groaned out-loud thinking back to the first encounter they had with the red death. 

“Are you sure?” Merenkahre asked the young nightguard. 

“I am” Nick replied as his eyes found interest in Ahk’s peaceful face yet again. Kahmunrah had to refrain himself from glaring at the young man. 

Out of the corner of his eye, Kahmunrah could only groan. All attention turned to the oldest who moved swiftly to kneel beside his brother and move the blanket away from Ahk’s chest revealing something quite worrying. Ahkmenrah had visible bruises across his chest or more importantly where his heart was, it was bruised both purple and red. 

“What! How! Has my baby got these?!” Shepseheret gasped pulling her son closer, Merenkahre remained impassive as he came to kneel beside his youngest who was slowly waking up according to the small movement his hands were doing. 

Silence filled the room as tearful chocolate eyes opened as the young king woke from his slumber. He was instantly pulled into his mothers arms, her heartbeat almost lulled him back into the land of dreams when the familiar voice belonging to none other than his father brought him back to reality.

“Son, where is the tablet?” 

A question Ahkmenrah had been dreading reached his ears, the young king hung his head and pulled a face which made Kahmunrah chuckle as he lifted his brother to his feet and together the two walked to the egyptian wing with their parents and the others following. The brothers reached the entrance only to smile when the two jackals appeared, Ahkmenrah muttered something in ancient egyptian that made his parents gasp especially when the two jackals transformed into two living guards. Shepseheret turned to look at her husband who was wide eyed, he hadn’t a clue his son could do that. 

All eyes watched as Ahkmenrah moved to lean against his sarcophagus and press something within it and the next thing they all knew where the tablet normally sat on the wall started moving in a rotated circle revealing not only the missing tablet but the gate of Kahmunrah which had been hidden behind the wall. 

“By the Gods!” Merenkahre bursted out in a shout alerting them all to the oldest pharaoh, who could do nothing but stare at the once golden tablet which was now half red and half gold. The red was corroding the gold via a spiderwebbed pattern. Larry gasped seeing Ahk stumbled, thankfully he was steadied by not only his older brother but Teddy as well. The young king was paleing dramatically and it was beginning to concern them all especially with the way Kahmunrah had an almost murderous look on his face. 

“Father, what do we do?” Kahmunrah asked in a more polite tone compared to his furious facial expression. Merenkahre turned to not only see his family looking at him but the other exhibits and two anxious night guards were too. 

“I recommend we sort this out when we wake as it seems sunrise is upon us, yet again” 

Tahmunrah’s voice startled them all, Larry turned to see out the window. He was so confused how did time speed up so quickly? Nick wore the same expression as he helped Kahmunrah with Ahkmenrah, the oldest glaring at him not that he cared. Every exhibit was quick to run back to their own places just as the sun was about to reach its peak. The young nightguard was still debating his options, he knew he couldn’t leave while the museum was going through many changes and with the potential chance the magic was dying. Nick didn’t want to miss anything so he only smiled, shutting Kahmunrah’s lid, despite the furious glare he was given. 

Nick shortly went to join his dad in the lobby when something stopped him in his tracks, a cold dark voice: 

“Just how long do you expect to be able to protect him from me, I will get Ahkmenrah on the day the world sleeps, he will not wake again” 

“Hey Nicky! Everything alright?” Larry was suddenly in his vision kneeling down in front of him, Nick shook his head, when did he get on the floor. He nodded, accompanying his dad down to the lobby while explaining what he heard. It left both the guards very worried for what was to come next, it didn’t help that it was ‘actors’ night again. 

Sorry for the delay, I must apologise for it being late!
The next update will be in a week's time: Stay tuned for more chapters on the way soon! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70 2 7
Basic warnings: It will be rewritten a lot since its a big ass story and I'm alone so if you're further into the story it doesn't have to make sence...
153K 6K 17
What happens when a bounty hunter is offered a lot of gold to kill the Kings son, but no ones has seen the prince since he was 8? What happens when s...
Runners By Lbooks01

Teen Fiction

3.7K 45 32
They balance each-other out. One the calm, the other the storm. Except when they don't. Except when she loses it and makes the place burn...literally...
36K 1.1K 34
❝you know, you're pretty cute, considering you're 4,000 years old.❞ ❝thank you?❞ luna clair loves museums. she loves history, mythology, all that old...